Staff unable or unwilling, or both, who gives a crap any more?

• Misc

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Staff unable or unwilling, or both, who gives a crap any more?

Hello my fellow Ogamers.

Today is the 3rd day in a week that i get attacked by an account with 70 points with a small cargo at 10%, an attack lasting 26 hours.
      All three times i have reported this in the first hour, as he does that always early in the afternoon and well... i m always online at that time.
      The first time the account that was attacking me at the time got banned, about 3-4 hours after the attack went through (~30 hours after the report).
      The second time, even though i was talking with the GO while the attack still was hours and hours away, no action was taken.
      Today even worse, no response whatsoever to my ticket, i just have to watch my screen bleeping red all the time.

At this point the fella is a minor nuisance, since all he does is give me a small scare every time i log in but what really pisses me of is the staff's attitude.
      I am unable to believe that after presenting them with facts no action is being taken. Unless overview spamming is permitted and i am in the wrong here.

We are playing with bots and suspicious accounts and not say anything about it cause it's a common secret that staff either cannot or will not do something about it.
      It seems we have to get used to the fact that they aren't gonna be of much help for anything else either.

Fun fact: I can't even complain to a superior operator since my ticket is less than two days old.
      Ogame at it's finest.
    • There's not much that staff can do about this: they ban the acc (no real use on that, as he can make a new one); or even ban the IP (probably some proxy IP, so again no use). Would only work if they could force the recall, but don't think that's possible. And would still take time to get an answer.

But you can always use this to hide the warning alert No Attack Alert

Anonymous Potato wrote:

I'm sorry, we don't offer support for ogame anymore as the DPA prevents us
    • Now, we only need to wait for the person behind these dummy accounts to make a new one - and start the trolling fest all over again! :)
      I admire people who have so much free time on their hands, that they waste it on setting up (quite a few) accounts in Spica with the sole purpose of sending that glorious 1 small cargo attack! Not that it takes that much time...
      I wonder what's their motive to do so, maybe they just get off at being an annoyance, maybe doing this gives some purpose to their lives, who knows. I'm imagining them rubbing their hands in delight, slightly wetting their pants while they click "send fleet" and that mighty small cargo is on the way to it's "victim" :P I don't exclude the possibility that they also get a half chub while doing this.
      I had the red triangle bleeping for 3 days straight, good to see a step was taken in the right direction with one of the accounts.
    • NoMoreAngel wrote:

They can just do something after the attack went through or it got recalled. If it is still flying nothing will/can be done.
      The biggest problem of ogame are not multiaccounts, scripting, bots or push accounts, problem is that people who should do something just do nothing. Why you guys can't ban that acc? That acc has like 70 points and the one that he is attacking have 30B. What evidence do you need more? If your answer is that you just can't do something by your own and you follow rules.....then it is time that you change something. I am 100% sure that if you ban that acc nobody will send ticket to you saying why did you ban my acc?? , but you will make five or more players who are playing and paying for this game happy.....So following rules all the time doesn't mean you are doing right thing.
    • By this time tomorrow i will return to both of them the favour on daily bases with 26h long attack - cant mention the 2 names because i will get the ban but we all know who they are....

Second i would bash all of theirs multi accounts but its pointless with fusions 18 and energy 18 they dont need solar satelites so were prety much screwed if i may say....but i can give you the names of all 14 of them Nakelion - just PM me here :rofl:

But at one time merger will come and higher accounts will merge and then both of them will cry ;)
      In the case of emergency - in my wallet is Nickname and password for my account - please V mode me :rofl:
    • Hello,

I did explain via ticket the reason behind the delay in taking care of the situation, as of yesterday all those cases you and other players reported have been dealt with.

Yes, sometimes it takes a bit more to answer than we would like to, because every situation has a procedure and quite frankly sometimes we don't have time to take care of everything immediately after the report is received, we understand that it can be frustrating waiting, we don't like it either, we're doing the best we can.

As always and as I told you via ticket, if any new cases/accounts show up, let us know and we'll deal with them.

Thanks
      SGO Trainer

Game Rules | Support | T&C
    • Leonhart wrote:

Hello,

I did explain via ticket the reason behind the delay in taking care of the situation, as of yesterday all those cases you and other players reported have been dealt with.

Yes, sometimes it takes a bit more to answer than we would like to, because every situation has a procedure and quite frankly sometimes we don't have time to take care of everything immediately after the report is received, we understand that it can be frustrating waiting, we don't like it either, we're doing the best we can.

As always and as I told you via ticket, if any new cases/accounts show up, let us know and we'll deal with them.

Thanks
      Thank you Leonhart for response,

anyhow, i think that players dont have problem with waiting to deal with situation, we know that u will take care of it, but problem is next, u will ban one account, next one will show up after 1 hour or so, and again we are at beginning :)

In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught. In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity.
    • Leonhart wrote:

Hello,

Thanks
      Hello Leonhart,

Thanks for replying. I didn't know that after i report a player you had to take extra steps before you can actually ban him, i owe you an apology.
    • it is very difficult for staff to deal with this effectively. often the spam attack will come from a small account created for the purpose. staff will go through the process of banning it once, twice, then perma - which all takes time. then another account is used.

we need a new way to deal with this. my suggestion is create an option to switch attack alarm off for certain missions. this would completely render the tactic useless, with no need for staff involvement.
      MOST HATED RANK #2

TOP 1 (solo) x 2 (ACS) x 1

TOP 10 (solo) x 3 (ACS) x 9
      Super Adv x 64
      Adv x 290
      Basic x 1711
      RIP KILLS 6518

• Arvid wrote:

By now we have a good idea about who's behind these puppet accounts. Guess we'll have to deal with it, until the person gets bored, or gets a life. :buckteeth:
      Btw if you're reading this thread:

But of course that person reads this thread. Both of them are probably getting off at all this fuss their actions are creating. They believe they are punishing scripters and cheaters by doing this... oh the irony.
    • I had it the other day as well and it is a bit annoying. There a few good things about this thread at least:
      - I know it is done to a lot of people. Doesn't really make a difference. But anyway.
      - I know that if I put in a ticket, it will be looked at. Even if it doesn't help immediately, at some point the player will be banned
      - I have seen this script now. Also interesting if it happens again.

By the way: this bans seem to be pretty short, which makes sense the first time(s). We don't want innocent players to be perma-banned for something like this. But if they get banned several times for this, can't they get perma-banned at some point?