New uni

• Hello!
      Now that the alphabet is filled (with Zibal as the last one) are new universes going to be opened? And if yes, does anyone know approximately when?
      I don't like playing in the older uni's and would love to start in a new one!
    • *Pulls Alarm*

New servers kill old servers. Mergers kill old accounts. Essentially all you want is a fresh start.

Trouble wrote:

Sounds like an expert clicker to me :D

Doc Brown wrote:

I have read several of your posts elsewhere over a number of years. I find your mental state to be disturbing and you probably need professional help.
      What you write in the spam section doesn't have much impact on the game as a whole ... But I don't like to see you attempting to influence normal players in universe 1.
    • New

Imho, the best option would be to reload the servers periodically.
      Say, Server A is reloaded every year, Server B is reloaded every 2 years, Server C is reloaded every 3 years. People could choose which server to join.
      By reloading I mean a clean start.
      DM issues could be solved easily: all people who spent some money, retain all their commanders and their DM, but they start from a clean slate, like everybody else - with a single colony without anything built on it.
    • New

how is that the best option?

surely the fresh start thing is offered anyway by them opening a new universe. you can join it. or not join.

your idea forces the fresh start on everyone.
      TOP 1 (solo) x 2 (ACS) x 1
      TOP 10 (solo) x 3 (ACS) x 9
      Super Adv x 45
      Adv x 259
      Basic x 1639

RIP KILLS 5717

• New

Yes this does force the new start on everyone. This is exactly why it is the best option.
      Currently, Ogame is full of dozens of old dead universes. And players are spread among them, like you spread butter over a piece of bread that is too large.
      If the fresh start was done regularly, both issues could be solved: a fresh start - and no more spreading players across dozens of dead unis.
    • New

Quintus Sertorius wrote:

Yes this does force the new start on everyone. This is exactly why it is the best option.
      Currently, Ogame is full of dozens of old dead universes. And players are spread among them, like you spread butter over a piece of bread that is too large.
      If the fresh start was done regularly, both issues could be solved: a fresh start - and no more spreading players across dozens of dead unis.

if a fresh start occurs most of the old players would quit

why have i bothered building 1 account for the past 4-5 years if it`ll get reset at one point?

'Stalno u kafani..ja sam nesto poput sanka'
    • New

Nothing is permanent anyway. Either the universe is reset and a new life of the uni begins, or the universe just slowly dies forever. And, what is worse, prevents creation of new living active unis - by keeping a small, but still significant amount of players.

If a player dislikes an active uni and likes a sleeping, dead uni - of course such player should be against the reloading.
    • New

Quintus Sertorius wrote:

Nothing is permanent anyway. Either the universe is reset and a new life of the uni begins, or the universe just slowly dies forever. And, what is worse, prevents creation of new living active unis - by keeping a small, but still significant amount of players.

If a player dislikes an active uni and likes a sleeping, dead uni - of course such player should be against the reloading.
      if nothing is permanent why would anyone bother spending time here?

as for the reload..its quite the oposite..people who know what persistance and dedication are will dislike the idea of reloading

people who start every new uni..get to the top50..lose their fleet..then go onto the next uni might like the idea of reloading

and those who cant find their way up to the top of the ladder will always cry how behind they are

'Stalno u kafani..ja sam nesto poput sanka'
    • New

giving that idea some more thought

starting from scratch once a year

first year - i would probably give it a go. maybe end it in the top 10 at least.

second year - i dunno. maybe another go to see if i could better the previous year.

third year - having done it twice, would i want to keep repeating the experience? prove i can do what i've already done? unlikely.

fourth year - find some other game if i haven't already done that.

i think we would lose players with that idea.
      and GF would lose out on DM revenue.

this is a boring solution, suggested many times before, but i think GF should open less new universes. maybe once every 6 months would be better.
      Super Adv x 45
      Adv x 259
      Basic x 1639

RIP KILLS 5717

• New

Asto Vidatu wrote:

as for the reload..its quite the oposite..people who know what persistance and dedication are will dislike the idea of reloading
      Persistence and dedication are the slogan of a dying game. Fun is the slogan of a living game. That's what games are made for.

What Ogame needs... no, what it needed many years ago, was change. Gameforge (and you) always answer - some people won't like the change and they will leave. So we will make only cosmetic changes (and bad cosmetic changes, imho). What do we have in the end? Most people already left Ogame. Only the "dedicated" ones are left.

Gameforge already lost its money. The money it could make from making a top game. Ogame was a top game a long time ago - now it isn't. And they lost their money because they feared to lose their money. At least, it is a kind of cosmic revenge.

There is no point in asking Gameforge anything. Making reloading servers, making more universes, making less universes. They never react.
    • New

Quintus Sertorius wrote:

Imho, the best option would be to reload the servers periodically.
      Say, Server A is reloaded every year, Server B is reloaded every 2 years, Server C is reloaded every 3 years. People could choose which server to join.
      By reloading I mean a clean start.
      DM issues could be solved easily: all people who spent some money, retain all their commanders and their DM, but they start from a clean slate, like everybody else - with a single colony without anything built on it.
      This is by far the worst ever idea of all suggestions that you can come up for a solution! GF set it own downfall the moment it implemented the Relocation feature, buying into by cutting halves times off of for building a jumpgate or to buy to finish the construction of a jumpgate instantaneously!!!!
      Personally there is no solution that IMO that anyone can come up with beside a merge merge merge.!

As for my idea take away the "Relocation Feature" cause in my personal opinion it took away that "Mystique" for this game cause it made it to easy for others to plan ahead to make hits & it changes the balances of power to easily where there can be 2 to 3 tops alliances that take control & just kill off the small fries with every new universes they open up with!
      I don't blame those very players that uses those feature for a strategic future fleet hits, it Gameforge fault that they offer those features to kill off the newer players off too easily that they don't stand a chance against to survive long enough to figure out how to play & fight back cause just those 2 features is basically a "Pay to be at the a Top"
      The players here if you wanna make a big loud noise let Gameforge know to take away the relocation feature & the instant builds for Jumpgates !!!
      Life a bitch so get used to it :)
    • New

Fortunately, GF do not listen to what we say so I doubt this idea would get any mileage.

However, after 12 years playing, if it happened I would be gone - the last nail in the coffin.
      ~The strong take from the weak, but the smart take from the strong~

U44/Quant/Jup/Betel HOF's = 560~ ~ ~466 Solo [9 Top 10] / 94 ACS [4 x #1 + 10 Top 10]
      ~~ RIP 6563+
    • New

i feel that way about the next merge

having been through so many, and seeing how they don't change anything. maybe the next merge is the time for me to go.

but i may change my mind when it happens. just don't know, tbh.
      Super Adv x 45
      Adv x 259
      Basic x 1639

RIP KILLS 5717