Changing the settings of Vega

• Misc

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Changing the settings of Vega

so..this here needs a bit of an intro
      the original idea is to liven up the Vega a bit by increasing the economy factor (to lets say x4/5)

theres only 93 active players left in this uni, so im pretty sure if economy factor got up at least a few miners would pop out of the blue eternity

and more miners..well..naturally it means more fleeters
      or at least more activity from the fleeters

im not going to mention the fleet factor because thats the thing that could change the Vega drastically

this is not just my thougts like *hey this would be awesome lets do it*

its actually quite doable as you can read bellow

piink wrote:

I can answer the question.
      Yes, we can proceed with changes, but the polls have to be quite clear.
      I can run polls in individual servers with several options if a certain amount of people from the server request it.
      We did that in Uriel for example ( here) recently where several players asked if we can put back the pushing rule into the server as a standard rule.
      The requirement for this specific action required 90% of the server agreeing with the change and the result was negative so the rule is not changing.

There is a growing request in Xanthus asking if we can change the server from no ACS into an ACS server.
      Special server rules and settings like ACS change the dynamic of the server too much and require quite a lot of the server population to agree (90% for me to make sure it is the wish of the players in the community server- otherwise we are killing the wish of a big minority that is there and pick the server for a reason).

In general we are against changes of the fleet when the change is from x1 to x5, but if it is from x1 to x2 we can run polls as well (although it is not ideal, because fleets starting right after the change will have the speed change while fleets started before the change will remain in the old speed and it is crazy).

For other changes, such as economy of a server, percentage of debris field or other things, as long as the change is not too crazy we can run polls and arrange the change of the setting with an 80% agreement from the server population. Just bring the discussions up in your server sections and give me a poke if you think it would be interesting to run a poll like they did in Uriel or the upcoming request from Xanthus.
      you can read more about this HERE

for this to happen in the 1st place..people need to reach out here and actually say their thoughts

and i know that seems hard these days but im pretty sure that now Staff is actually listening

so dont be all grumpy!

if we get enough activity here next step is creating a poll [which will be done ingame so everyone will get to see the message]

and hopefully we get the wanted results

but please note that im speaking as a player and not a game operator.

there are some other factors that can be changed but i dont see how players would benefit from it

if you have any more ideas on some of the more hardcore stuff do let us know here

and yep..that would be all from me this time ppl :beer:

and its finally nice to have a CoMa who is willing to listen, discuss and help players of .ORG

'Stalno u kafani..ja sam nesto poput sanka'

'Zaboravljamo heroje i junake,pamtimo samo loše likove'

• Deut consumption needs to be lower. Its unrealistic to have to fs our fleets even on a deploy. My fleet save cost/ deut ratio that I make is ridiculously off balance, even if I were to have Astos mines. I know we can buy deut and we do, but when we are using all of our mines res just to buy deut to keep our fleets safe its discouraging. It fosters people to want to turn into a carbon.

Board Admin - Ogame.us
      SMOD / GO - Ogame.se
    • Oh man I give this 10/10! Give us the 4x or 5x econo pls. Who is going to complain about that? Even I would start to build mines again and work on my account. I think this makes for more incentive to stay out of vmode and will help build stable accounts that could be rebuilt better after a crash.
      Hey, I know letssled attacks you a lot with his rips.......and I want to crash those rips a lot!
    • piink wrote:

For other changes, such as economy of a server, percentage of debris field or other things, as long as the change is not too crazy we can run polls and arrange the change of the setting with an 80% agreement from the server population. Just bring the discussions up in your server sections and give me a poke if you think it would be interesting to run a poll like they did in Uriel or the upcoming request from Xanthus.
      You are less likely to get GFs permission with a bigger change. I'd recommend not going for the 5x, but campaigning for 4x or 3x instead. Also to avoid dividing the votes, pick just one option, and go all in on that one.
      Even going from 2x to 3x is a big change which requires quite a big of restructuring on all accounts. Defences, storages, and transport (both for each planet, and for FS) all needs adjusting, and that is just some of the more obvious ones.

Good luck Vega :zpopcorn:
      56G TD, Top 1 solo
      61G TD, Top 1 ACS

Kamil wrote:

Authority and rules are created to be opposed :D
    • Yes please to more mining/economy!

++Before 1st Merge++
      ---Uni 4--------Uni 5--------Uni 12-------Uni 22------Jupiter---
      ranked 21---ranked 9---ranked 18---ranked 21---ranked 40

++Before 2nd Merge++
      ---Uni 1------Uni 20------Uni 30------Uni 44------Jupiter------Taurus---
      ranked 39--ranked 28--ranked 23--ranked 71--ranked 25--ranked 31

As a Hobby I trade Forex, anyone else that trades feel free to contact me as I would love to discuss trading strategies.
    • If we are going to ask for a change, lets ask for a real change.....3x is to short sighted IMO..... After reading the above comments, I would agree moreso with Arcane...that is

4X econo
      2X speed(unchanged)
      .5 duet consumption.

I think the speed is important to leave the same as that is what forces people to stay in vmode. If they do come out and get crashed, it would be far quicker to rebuild. But that is my .02.

Also the added benefit of higher econo is that if people do play and quit, there farms become much more productive to the new accounts to farm.
      Hey, I know letssled attacks you a lot with his rips.......and I want to crash those rips a lot!
    • hmm.
      Getting more dedicated people to the server via a merge would be better..

- Fleet speed more than x2 will make me quit Vega.

- I can't see how eco x3/x4/x5 will make any change. A few more lvls of a mine or research will soon take weeks/months to build anyway, right?

But, Iam happy to see you guys trying to make ogame more interesting! Creds

/Jois
      Xalynth - 24 Hofs
      Fidis - 2 Hofs
      Vega - a couple!

Iam the nicest guy in the uni...
    • I'm all for upping the economy. I don't like the deut consumption idea. My only reason being that if you make a fleet so big you can't support it that's your fault. Just like if I make defense so large people want to bash it that's my fault. Don't try to change server settings for your bad play, change your style.
    • Jois wrote:

- I can't see how eco x3/x4/x5 will make any change. A few more lvls of a mine or research will soon take weeks/months to build anyway, right?

How it will change anything?

In Vega(X2 eco), I have 40.188.725 points in mines, with a total production of ~62M daily, (41.718 metal / 11.260 crystal / 8.989 deut)
      While in Polaris(X5 eco), I have 18.681.105 in mines, with a total production of ~110M daily. (69.953 metal / 21.345 crystal / 19.088 deut)

Can you still not see how it will change everything?

My S-mod is Rav3n - be sure to bug him if I trouble you :)

• strider wrote:

Jois wrote:

How it will change anything?

In Vega(X2 eco), I have 40.188.725 points in mines, with a total production of ~62M daily, (41.718 metal / 11.260 crystal / 8.989 deut)
      While in Polaris(X5 eco), I have 18.681.105 in mines, with a total production of ~110M daily. (69.953 metal / 21.345 crystal / 19.088 deut)

Can you still not see how it will change everything?
      ofc - i see that the production increases, a lot. No doubts.
      But the time to build or research things multiples by adding a level. So in the end then you planning to research astrophysics lvl25, and it takes almost 500d to finish, you want to have eco x8... See my point?
      Xalynth - 24 Hofs
      Fidis - 2 Hofs
      Vega - a couple!

Iam the nicest guy in the uni...
    • Not sure about the increase of activity, that properly will stay about the same but for the active players, it's a bonus and I'll take that bonus.
      Proud member of FBB uni 39 .org
      Proud member of Muppets uni 40.org
      Leader and Diplomat of V.E uni 10.dk
      Proud member of NL Andromeda.DK