Top 02 - +Blind Lanx +Revenge Hit - [TOT: 8.978.064.000] GUARDIAN OF YILDUN [STAFF] & fyra [STAFF] & iSagat13 [STAFF] & Gangster [STAFF] & Cassiopeia [STAFF] vs. Marshal Oberon [G C] (A: 1.826.897.000, D: 7.151.167.000)

• Top 10 ACS

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• B13_HR wrote:

My only questions is, why do you do DF FS? That makes 0 sense to me

Nice hit tho :thumbup:

Once the fleet gets to a certain size, even in-ss col fs can feel expensive, especially if you just want to lift it for short while. Red can answer best of course, but my guess is he wanted it available in case it was needed within a tight window. Obviously he should have used decoys, not let it hit the debris and taken other precautions, but it's a mistake I think most of us can make if we're distracted.

But, of course you're right -- DF fleetsave is dangerous business, no doubt about it :).
    • Sif wrote:

B13_HR wrote:

Once the fleet gets to a certain size, even in-ss col fs can feel expensive, especially if you just want to lift it for short while. Red can answer best of course, but my guess is he wanted it available in case it was needed within a tight window. Obviously he should have used decoys, not let it hit the debris and taken other precautions, but it's a mistake I think most of us can make if we're distracted.

But, of course you're right -- DF fleetsave is dangerous business, no doubt about it :).
      My point is you can always send it few systems further OR slower and pull it before it actually gets DF

"Eyes are useless when the mind is blind"
    • B13_HR wrote:

Sif wrote:

B13_HR wrote:

My point is you can always send it few systems further OR slower and pull it before it actually gets DF

Well to be fair he sent at 10% so he couldn't really do it slower -- but as I wrote above, you are certainly right about pulling it before it hit the debris. A few systems further away would negate the deut consideration though -- col fs would do better then.

EDIT: I should add, from my brief chats with Red post-hit, I think it was more an oversight kind of thing than anything else really. He knows how to fleetsave safely, it just slipped this time, and we happened to be watching.
    • Pokvarenica wrote:

Huge battle. FR defender.

Game aside, good luck with that PhD "hit" dude, that's massive! :golly:
      If you don't mind me asking whats the research topic? I'm so curious! :D

WARNING - MASSIVE OFF-TOPIC NERDINESS AHEAD. SKIP TO NEXT POST IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE TO SUCH THINGS!

Thanks for the well wishes! Will be strange to be done after so much work heh.

I'm in Finance, specifically Development Finance. Without getting too technical, I use multivariate panel regressions to look at the drivers of liquidity transformation in (formal and informal) financial institutions, which engage in collateral free microlending as a strategy for poverty reduction.

Basically, I look at the external financial health of institutions who extend very small loans to poor clients, in areas where access to capital was previously only possible through usurious moneylenders. From a societal point of view, the loans are used as poverty reduction tool in development, but also see increased use in more developed financial markets, especially after the 2008 financial crisis. However, because we know very little of the financial behaviour of the industry institutions (and these vary wildly, from formal banks and non-bank financial institutions, to NGOs, credit unions and informal savings and credit groups), we have a very weak grasp on their ability to absorb shock, or their ability to function as ''liquidity creators' for the surrounding market (which, along with risk mitigation, is typically seen as the primary role of banks in traditional financial markets).

I could continue for about 5 more hours, but I'll stop here :P.
    • Havent been here for quite long time. I see you are still rocking. Gotta be honest, I dont miss this game at all, but i do miss playing with you. I guess the only good thing that this game got me is meeting people like you. Keep up the good work Cas, nice to see you in action.