The V mode

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• letssled wrote:

I think we should put this to a poll....then we will know for sure. IMO a 6 hour cool down/ attack ban would be an easy way to deal with the vmode concerns, with the exception of ACS defends.

Interesting concept with the short vacation mode @Blackmass. I see where you are coming from, but IMO I can already see a lot of abuse and more p2w.
    yeah i think that if a player uses the 4 hour or 6 hour short v-mode the cool down time should be the same as the v-mode length it's self. to negate as much abuse as possible .

and giving the players a choice of using found DM or paid DM . will let players have a little more control so if a player has no officers but has 1500 paid DM on the account to keep it from deleting then they would prefer to use found DM instead I am sure. to take advantage of the short v-mode.

I'm not pretty I'm not graceful I am the inevitable fact of truth.there is no unwinnable situation.
    ogame.support.gameforge.com/en
  • piink wrote:

Hey,
    I've noticed there is a growing request at Stomt to modify the V mode and set it up limited for x days per year or remove ir from inactives, etc.

I'd like to know what you guys think and also, if you feel like it leave your comments in there :) I'll be checking both platforms.

Thanks!
    No, v- mode shouldn't be changed.

There are other solutions for "Sunday players", "Hit and vmode" players , long time inactives and abandoned accounts. I don't think this is the problem. However, i think, everybody has the right to play the way it suits him/ her as long it is within the rules.

The main problem is the lack of adequate advertising of OGame.

The current Ads for OGAme are inducing in error the potential players with moving ships and cinematic sequences. A correct ad should contain the strong points of OGame, not some eye catching graphics.
  • Ahhhhh.... the good old vmode debate.

Apologies in advance. I haven't read the previous 225 posts properly.

That being said, and as Gonzo just said, the vmode feature has to stay the way it is as long as the MD "rules" are also the same. Make changes so MD can't happen within 8-10 hours and maybe then a debate can be had about vmode.

Until then, and I'm not saying this is true necessarily of anyone in this thread (because I haven't properly read it) but there is often a pattern to this debate:

Top dogs, top fleeters, their friends and their supporters. They're the usual culprits who want the vmode feature to be fundamentally altered to remove the game style...

...and then there's everyone else.

As long as the game exists though I expect there'll always be a debate about the vmode feature.

p.s. Advertisements. Now there's something that could make the game a lot better in the long run! (serious comment. 0% sarcasm included)

~ Top 10s: 14 (18) + Assist on WorldWide Number 1 + Worldwide Number 2 (suicide) ~ RiPs: 80.962 ~

~ Experience is something you gain after you need it ~
  • i read some comments and all here is my idea on the issue i say need to stay out of vmode for 48 hours the same we have to stay in vmode make it the same not far to use vmode as a fleet save method vmode is being abused to be honest if i can stay out others can also i have alot of enemies in the uni as i have allies and i have the biggest alliance in quantium most are in vmode some of my members have pasted on but i also have the most active members i know in the uni also out of vmode

• I to agree to this. Im tired of seeing people abuse the vmode system cuz they don't wanna get hit ever. Like hatch in our universe for example comes out of vmode for a few hours probes and maybe makes a hit then vanishes for the least amount of time required and starts all over. As someone in my alliance said "Name of the game- fs, or get scrapped."
  • So, just a little while ago I was unwell. I didnae have the energy to be sick and worry about getting crashed, so I put all of my accounts in v-mode. Two days later I woke up feeling better, and went back to my various endeavors. 8 hours after that my body was all flashing red lights, screaming klaxons, and someone shouting, "AbortAbortAbort!". So it was back to v-mode and bed for me.

I'm for leaving v-mode alone.
  • hypocrites and ass kissers have their opinioun ....nice...

vmode rule should be changed...and i reallly want the change

md formula also in some way....just formula, screw the overkill support ( which 90% of 5x speed player have no clue about what have i just written...and i mean literrally)

but what i want is only for minoritires so screw it... will just mine

talking about 5x specs....
  • I agree, it can be a very big challenge to keep a fleet late in the game in a fast uni if you are not in charge or the game is not balanced, the way moon destructions work in speed unis should be drastically changed for the sake of a longer life for fast unis.

This would mean, players could fleetSAVE and be SAFE, for the majority of time at least...

The way things are now, there are very few ways you can keep a fleet, one of them includes you never having it on the ground, therefore, you can't really play with it in order to keep it intact, unless you don't sleep very much; You can cheat and share your account with someone that is awake and online while you are asleep; you can damage your life for the game and put several alarms during your REM sleep.

I've seen all these happen, none of them are pretty. To consider changing vmode, first, MD formula, as stated above by herr gonzo, should be changed, for fast universes at least (this is a really good idea), so that fast uni players can build their monster fleets, everyone has their fun, the game is more balanced, the universes last longer, people keep spending money, thinking about it, this should be top priority for GF regarding ogame, I don't think I'm speaking for myself when I say that we, speed players, would love to be able to play long term in a new uni... good player count after some months accompanied by big accounts. Would be great... would be...

The post was edited 1 time, last by infam0us ().

• This is a vmode discussion thread...

MD formula and vmode have nothing to do with each other.
    Gonzo just mad he will be put to vmode by and only be allowed to play while I sleep.

Put vmode to one week.

Leave the MD formula the same, as it has nothing to do with players clicking vmode.
    If you can't be a yardstick, be a ruler. If you cant be a ruler, be a king.
    RIPS KILLED: 71,521

• blind recalls are the reason some people don't come out of vmode/only play on/off of vmode. you dont need that in a fast uni to catch fleets. and i guarantee you that you will never see a fast uni grow half as big as quantum regardless of how many merges it goes through until something is done to change how easy it is to spot a recall and lock it. So yes, it has a lot to do with it. you'd have a lot more fleets to chase, but i guess you're just proud of being king of the desert. have fun with all the sand.
  • unclesam wrote:

Gonzo just mad he will be put to vmode by and only be allowed to play while I sleep.

I could write an argument against your statement or just point out that you've demonstrated why they are both linked.

So I'll just leave it like that. :zpopcorn:

~ Top 10s: 14 (18) + Assist on WorldWide Number 1 + Worldwide Number 2 (suicide) ~ RiPs: 80.962 ~

• V-Mode should be changed to the old way, where speed universes had only a 24-hour time-lock and 1x universes had a 48-hour lock. Speed universes demand a faster play-style and it's only fair to have a maximum of 24-hour time-lock for going into V-Mode. The loss of resources due to 48 hours is much higher in speed universes (more losses with more speed) than in 1x ones. Yes, people are going to complain about '24-hours being too short', but it's nothing wrong to play like that. It's a game and the game should change to fit reality, not the other way around.

Other than that, nothing needs to be changed. People staying in V-Mode to protect fleets is nothing 'abusive', nor is them coming out of V-Mode to hit people and going back in. Might as well fix the moon-destruction missions than change a genuinely useful feature, eh?
  • Kaldor wrote:

unclesam wrote:

I could write an argument against your statement or just point out that you've demonstrated why they are both linked.

so basically the MD formula should be changed just because Gonzo gets forced into vmode with my forced moon destructions. You just cant changed the entire formula just because one player is getting harassed once he comes out vmode.

since when do you have 80k rips killed? oh right, that mega suicide hit... I guess killing your allies rips also count towards your personal kill count :blackeye:
    If you can't be a yardstick, be a ruler. If you cant be a ruler, be a king.
    RIPS KILLED: 71,521

• unclesam wrote:

Kaldor wrote:

unclesam wrote:

so basically the MD formula should be changed just because Gonzo gets forced into vmode with my forced moon destructions. You just cant changed the entire formula just because one player is getting harassed once he comes out vmode.

That's my point.

There's a reason why people vmode:

1) They're busy IRL.

2) They want to quit.

3) As a strategy to not get MD'd.

If you want to play out of vacation mode & want to avoid being MD'd, & you're one singular human person, you have these options:

1) Deploy recall.

2) Ask someone to sit your account, provided you understand the sitting rules. If not you can get banned multiple times for sitting violations (acc sharing). Old school u35 players will get my reference.

3) Hope & cross your fingers you're in a rank 1 fleeter alliance & have reliable friends. Or, hope that you're friendship with the rank 1 fleeter alliance is solid enough to guarantee an acs defend (in acs universes).

4) I don't need to say the 4th.

5) Hope your techniques at disguising your activity work. Part of this includes waking up at 2AM server time. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure out that most people don't want to wake up at 2AM. Obviously you have an advantage if you're based in the USA playing on European servers.

6) Severely damage your health by waking up once or on numerous occasions overnight (depending on the speed of the universe). Click on the link below to see why less sleep is bad for you:

Click here!

Outside of that, you have to cross your fingers that you don't get MD'd.

Understandably this is more applicable to some universes more than others. The speed is key as to how applicable...

Or... you enter vacation mode as per reason 3.

Why is the current MD mechanic so broken & why is it linked to vacation mode? Because it makes it impossible to play OGame with any relative success, depending on the universe, if you want to play as a fleeter.

Why? Because it takes three very simple steps to launch an MD for a very good result:

1) Select some RiPs. Depending on your universe & your economy (which will be decent whichever universe you're in with the high eco universes.

2) Select your coordinates.

3) Click your mission & send.

Down below are a couple of sample screenshots of the speed of a RiP at hyper 10 (low tech) in a high speed universe (x6 speed):

Cross System:

Cross Galaxy:

3 hours 37 cross galaxy & 1 hour 21 cross system. It's impossible to get a good nights sleep in that time-frame.

Slower universes are naturally better, but are still bad. Roughly speaking you could get an MD in 4 hours insystem in x1 & just under 7 hours cross system. That's with hyper 15. So, if you want to make sure your moons are safe in x1, you have two options. Sleep for 7 hours with a closed system or sleep less without one.

x1 speeds are a lot better than the rest of the speeds, obviously. However to play this speed & make sure your moons are safe you need two things:

1) A closed system.

2) The minimum amount of sleep for an adult.

These things are both achievable, but... let's not forget, there are more speeds than x1.

Oh and also. This is a game. Let's not forget that too.

That's why I believe MDs are a critical part of the vmode debate & honestly why I feel the MD mechanic needs re-modelling.

As to the resistance to MD rules, there are a few catagories of player who'll be typically against them.

1) Big fish in a universe.

2) Their friends.

The people who think it could probably use some adjustment?

3) Most other people.

Is there a coincidence in the overlap between feelings on MD's and Vmode play? I'd argue that there isn't.

On a final note (fully self-aware that I've gone & made an unnecessarily large post).

It's fairly obvious why you, @unclesam, are against what I'm saying. It's because you're in category two of the latest list.

Anyone who has played in u35 should understand this. For the most part, when there's one alliance that's rank 1, the rank 2 are vmoders.

Example 1: LOS rank 1, RIO rank 2 vmoders.

Example 2: Unity rank 1, RIO rank 2 vmoders, RIO fleeters outside of RIO waiting for Unity to leave so they could join RIO. Perma vmoders.

Why? Because an MD from the rank 1 on anyone else that shows a fleet = a very dead fleet. If anyone understands this you should. However I understand why you'll deny that MDs are a problem. That's because it's the one trick pony of RIO. It's either MD to attack or MD to defend ;)

Although I can also understand why you still vmode, from what I understand. That's because you've made your whole account into mobiles so they could go insystem with the very person you mentioned. @herr gonzo Being able to get MD'd in any system in under an hour when you're a fleeter makes playing the game as a non-vmoder impossible.

Why don't you like Gonzo? Because you can't MD him. Even when you're insystem you still berate the vmode system because it denies you the ability to MD.

Why don't you like Hatch? Because he vmodes, denying you the ability to MD.

I believe I've made my point in this huge wall of text.

On a final, final, note. Wouldn't it be great if MDs were nerfed, fleeters didn't have to vmode play, & the universes were more balanced?

On a final, final, final, note. Here's a stomt link suggesting the nerfing of MDs:

Click here!

Display Spoiler
    This is my first draft.

:gamer: