The V mode

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• don't sleep too tight

my RIPs can hit in ss 4 hrs and 5 mins.

and that's in a single speed universe.

most people sleep for longer than that.
    MOST HATED RANK #1

TOP 1 (solo) x 2 (ACS) x 1

TOP 10 (solo) x 3 (ACS) x 9
    Super Adv x 64
    Adv x 290
    Basic x 1711
    RIP KILLS 6518

• AMNeSia wrote:

something as numerical and statistical as OGame is.
    There's statistics, damn lies and Ogame lol

Perhaps the way to please you is to remove all attacking ships and turn Ogame into Sim City
    ~The strong take from the weak, but the smart take from the strong~

U44/Quant/Jup/Betel HOF's = 575~ ~ ~480 Solo [10 Top 10] / 95 ACS [4 x #1 + 11 Top 10]
    ~~ RIP 7007+
  • Vulcan_558 wrote:

AMNeSia wrote:

something as numerical and statistical as OGame is.
    There's statistics, damn lies and Ogame lol
    Perhaps the way to please you is to remove all attacking ships and turn Ogame into Sim City
    @Vulcan_558 - So, you choose to reply to a part of my post by taking it out of context instead of reading the whole thing and giving a proper reply. How constructive!

Perhaps the way to please YOU is to make MDs completely automated, removing all ways to defend a moon with a 100% chance of destruction with a small Cruiser and turning it into an idle space clicker for Android!
  • Vulcan_558 wrote:

I cannot agree with people who say an MD is cheap. Perhaps they have never tried to destroy a moon.
    There is no divine right that a single RIP will destroy a moon. Ok, sometimes it happens first wave but not often. Loss of a single RIP is 10kk res and most people send 5 waves and usually send more than one per wave. Yes, some return but some also self destruct when the shot fails. It is rare that all unsuccessful RIPs return to base.

Usually at least a quarter do not return, and my philosophy is that if you cannot afford to lose all RIPs then don't send any. I write them off the moment they are sent and am pleasantly surprised when any return.

There is a moon in Aquarius that is supposed to have survived almost 100 MDs. I don't know the details, but maybe they were all single RIPs, if so the chance of destroying the moon is around 16% whilst the loss of the RIP is around 46%.

Many won't agree with you either cuz they have had an account that passed the 10M marker... A fleeter with around those points can already afford throwing a lot of rips, a lot more than 1 at a time, and having a really high chance of killing any moon. Even bigger if there is another player sending rips with him. If the moon pops, it doesn't matter much if you lost the rips, your profit will be big. Please, play a little more, then come back.
  • infam0us wrote:

Vulcan_558 wrote:

I cannot agree with people who say an MD is cheap. Perhaps they have never tried to destroy a moon.
    There is no divine right that a single RIP will destroy a moon. Ok, sometimes it happens first wave but not often. Loss of a single RIP is 10kk res and most people send 5 waves and usually send more than one per wave. Yes, some return but some also self destruct when the shot fails. It is rare that all unsuccessful RIPs return to base.

Usually at least a quarter do not return, and my philosophy is that if you cannot afford to lose all RIPs then don't send any. I write them off the moment they are sent and am pleasantly surprised when any return.

There is a moon in Aquarius that is supposed to have survived almost 100 MDs. I don't know the details, but maybe they were all single RIPs, if so the chance of destroying the moon is around 16% whilst the loss of the RIP is around 46%.
    Many won't agree with you either cuz they have had an account that passed the 10M marker... A fleeter with around those points can already afford throwing a lot of rips, a lot more than 1 at a time, and having a really high chance of killing any moon. Even bigger if there is another player sending rips with him. If the moon pops, it doesn't matter much if you lost the rips, your profit will be big. Please, play a little more, then come back.
    I have died thx infam0us :biggrin: . You made my day. Yes vulcan should try to play as underdog for change to see how lovely is to receive mds and not giving them, ah yes he is a blue smurf now, how ironic.
  • I've sent way more md than i received, even tho the uni where my battles were longer and i started as the underdog, i became the danger, and still i stand behind doing something about the MDs because it's simply unsustainable (I believe anything above 50% fleet to df is unsustainable too :D). If someone built a very profitable fleet and is going on debris/colonize, sure, they've asked for it, but when someone is deploying, and gets locked back, most quit, what else are they gonna do, rebuild and have it happen again? recall all the time and never use your fleet? this makes it very hard for an underdog to comeback, if the top players can have their fleet up all they want and grow much faster...
  • @Di5turbed
    - I have quit Vega, won't be back as things stand. I do play another uni tho.
    We were ALL underdogs at some point and came up the hard way. How you grow depends on the effort you put in, and at my age the effort is declining. It doesn't make my experience any less relevant.

@infam0us and AMNeSia -
    Lest you forget this is a war game.

U44/Quant/Jup/Betel HOF's = 575~ ~ ~480 Solo [10 Top 10] / 95 ACS [4 x #1 + 11 Top 10]
    ~~ RIP 7007+
  • These guys talking about chances...

A few months ago, a guy in Quantum sent 2 MDs with 1 RIP each on 2 of my moons. He never probed my fleet and just decided to MD me on my sleep, like he was just trying out things... And guess what...

Those 2 attacks succeeded in their first attempt and of what I know, at least 1 of his RIPs survived. That was all... While he lost 10kk Ress on a RIP he can easily rebuild (we're talking about a guy with almost 200 million points and good mines on a 7x eco, Quantum), I on the other hand lost 2 moons(that later on took several attempts to make) that each had Jump Gates and level 6 Lunar Base with Level 6 Lanx and a few levels of Robotics... Why did this happen?

Simple... I can't bother to sacrifice moon slots for a Shipyard that will hardly improve the speed of the production of my Defences. The point, you either have a good bunker on your moon or you don't have defences at all. But for you to have a good bunker, you will need lots and lots and lots of Plasmas to protect yourself from RIPs and make IPMs difficult.
    But we can't... If we were to build just 1000 Plasmas at 30 minutes each AND FODDER along with it, we would have to wait a month until all of them are build... In the meantime, a fleeter in Quantum with good Nanites takes less than a Minute to build a RIP, sending the RIPs to MD costs no deut aaaaaand the travel time is below the time it takes to build enough Plasmas and fodder to repel a single RIP.

It just pisses me off that we even have the OPTION OF UPGRADING STORAGES IN A MOON THAT LITERALLY DOESN'T HAVE ANY KIND OF RES. PRODUCTION(fucking lol at this), and yet you can't build a Nanite to increase the speed of the construction of your defence.

N1 GameForge.

What's even worse is that this has been in the game for years now... A feature that literally HAS NO PURPOSE.
  • @Grimm - Perfectly put, man. Exactly what we've been telling them for a long time, but they just want an easy way out. They want to destroy moons and defences and loot resources without wanting to risk anything, without wanting to lose. If someone turns into a turtle, they go all angry, but if someone questions their huge fleets, they think they're being attacked by noobs who don't know to play.

No point in pushing this further. Even if most of the players supported building Nanites on moon, GF wouldn't implement it, because instant building is why most people buy DM and that's their income. They won't kill their income for us and MDs will remain broken forever. Only defence is proper FS and not relying on moons. And, obviously, V-Mode.
  • There have been many attempts to tone down MD, in fact we went from 12 waves allowed to 6. That has really crippled the chances of destroying a moon. I lost 30 rips out of 36 sent (6 waves of 6), so 300kk resources and the moon didn't pop. I hardly find MD cheap, and they are more frustrating then fun. Everyone is all set up to go, and moon doesn't pop......think that is fun? Thought games were supposed to be fun, or is only the victim side to be considered now? From what I been reading here, it appears people basically want no MD at all? That is the same as vmode fsave IMO.
    Hey, I know letssled attacks you a lot with his rips.......and I want to crash those rips a lot!
  • letssled wrote:

There have been many attempts to tone down MD, in fact we went from 12 waves allowed to 6. That has really crippled the chances of destroying a moon. I lost 30 rips out of 36 sent (6 waves of 6), so 300kk resources and the moon didn't pop. I hardly find MD cheap, and they are more frustrating then fun. Everyone is all set up to go, and moon doesn't pop......think that is fun? Thought games were supposed to be fun, or is only the victim side to be considered now? From what I been reading here, it appears people basically want no MD at all? That is the same as vmode fsave IMO.
    You keep forgetting one thing - an MD is based on chance, with a specific percent chance of both destruction of the moon and DS. Which means that firing the Graviton cannon has a 100% chance, since the DS has to fight no defence.

As for creation, as has been said multiple times before, the DS doesn't not have a chance to be built. You put in the order and the DS is built in the Shipyard. Moon creation works on chance. I've attached a screen-shot below to show the costs of fully developing a moon in an x7 universe. That's 285 million. Add to that at least 4 attempts to crash LFs and make a moon, which is another 10+ million resources, give or take a few million. If you're comparing your ONE-TIME 300 million loss to an almost every time, indeterminate 300+ million loss for the defender due to losing the moon, then it's literal nonsense.

Now, you lost your DS only ONCE and are talking about how big a deal it is, but EVERY SINGLE time an MD happens, the moon is vulnerable. Your one-time loss doesn't equal the constant vulnerability of moons IN THE DAMN LEAST! Moons can be destroyed over and over without any losses, since it depends on the RNG. Same goes for creating moons, but DS rebuilds are NOT RNG. DS can be rebuilt with extreme ease.

The screen-shot should tell you the rest.
    Images
    • Moon Costs.png

69.88 kB, 1,310×680, viewed 15 times
  • I respect other's opinions as long as they respect my right to disagree.

Of course it is wrong to MD for the sake of it ever. An MD should be a reasonable attempt to hit a fleet and that's it, not mindless destruction for the hell of it.

Like many time served player I started playing 13 years ago and I learnt the hard way the same as somone starting now will do. I have played somewhere in Ogame virtually every day of that 13 years and in that time I doubt I have lost half a dozen moons nor have I actually destroyed a dozen though I have made countless attempts and lost hundreds of RIPs in the process.

It is only fair that current players should play under the same conditions as those that started years ago.
    The only uneven thing about the playing field is DM abuse and that will never change unfortunately.

~~ RIP 7007+
  • AMNeSia wrote:

letssled wrote:

There have been many attempts to tone down MD, in fact we went from 12 waves allowed to 6. That has really crippled the chances of destroying a moon. I lost 30 rips out of 36 sent (6 waves of 6), so 300kk resources and the moon didn't pop. I hardly find MD cheap, and they are more frustrating then fun. Everyone is all set up to go, and moon doesn't pop......think that is fun? Thought games were supposed to be fun, or is only the victim side to be considered now? From what I been reading here, it appears people basically want no MD at all? That is the same as vmode fsave IMO.
    You keep forgetting one thing - an MD is based on chance, with a specific percent chance of both destruction of the moon and DS. Which means that firing the Graviton cannon has a 100% chance, since the DS has to fight no defence.

As for creation, as has been said multiple times before, the DS doesn't not have a chance to be built. You put in the order and the DS is built in the Shipyard. Moon creation works on chance. I've attached a screen-shot below to show the costs of fully developing a moon in an x7 universe. That's 285 million. Add to that at least 4 attempts to crash LFs and make a moon, which is another 10+ million resources, give or take a few million. If you're comparing your ONE-TIME 300 million loss to an almost every time, indeterminate 300+ million loss for the defender due to losing the moon, then it's literal nonsense.

Now, you lost your DS only ONCE and are talking about how big a deal it is, but EVERY SINGLE time an MD happens, the moon is vulnerable. Your one-time loss doesn't equal the constant vulnerability of moons IN THE DAMN LEAST! Moons can be destroyed over and over without any losses, since it depends on the RNG. Same goes for creating moons, but DS rebuilds are NOT RNG. DS can be rebuilt with extreme ease.

The screen-shot should tell you the rest.
    FACEPALM, well there is your problem, why the heck are you building lvl 10 robotics, lvl 10 shipyard, and JG4? I play a x7 uni btw. Cost to build a moon is a pittance in a x7 uni. This is a war game, maybe if you don't like the attacking part, you can switch to RPG or something similar.
    Hey, I know letssled attacks you a lot with his rips.......and I want to crash those rips a lot!
  • Vulcan_558 wrote:

It is only fair that current players should play under the same conditions as those that started years ago.

The only uneven thing about the playing field is DM abuse and that will never change unfortunately.
    @Vulcan_558 - Yes, let's start travelling using foot instead of using buses or trains, because it's only fair that our Stone Age ancestors travelled as such. Let's start cooking food by heating coal rather than using much more efficient cooking gas, or let's start using bows and arrows instead of guns in the military, since that's how it started eons ago. No?

letssled wrote:

FACEPALM, well there is your problem, why the heck are you building lvl 10 robotics, lvl 10 shipyard, and JG4? I play a x7 uni btw. Cost to build a moon is a pittance in a x7 uni. This is a war game, maybe if you don't like the attacking part, you can switch to RPG or something similar.
    @letssled - Maybe you forgot or didn't notice, but I said that it was the cost of FULLY upgrading the moon, not merely simple upgrading. The cost might be a pittance for you, but I prefer to not think so loftily. Even in x7, resource conservation is important. And if you can shell out enough to make a moon every other day, be my guest, but I can't afford moons on such a regular basis.

Building level 10 Robotics is for building the Jump Gate, to reduce the time needed between cool-downs. Shipyard 10 is so that defence can be built to avoid cheap MDs as currently happens. Everyone has a different play-style and unlike you, I like to keep my moons in one-piece by having enough terrain development.

I don't need to switch to an RPG, you need to wake up. I can and have played OGame pretty fine in the past, back from Electra days. You might have been playing for longer, but I'm definitely not a noob to be saying all this. Back then, instant-building and THIS level of DM abuse didn't exist. Back then, people did MD, but not as much as they do now ever since the game's been reduced to less than 200-500 active players per server, so please...
  • No wonder you are pe'ed off if you develop moons to that extent lol
    Next you will be telling us that you are a miner !!!

Getting down to basics, a miner doesn't develop a moon - just uses it as a launch/landing place for his deploy FS's.
    A fleeter needs a jump gate and lanx to the levels he needs or can afford.
    If you set up your planets properly and vary your FS's you will be pretty safe even if a moon goes down.

To misquote the Borg - "Defence is futile" - apart from sufficient to deter cargo raids. In a x2 speed uni, eos and blew away 12.000 PTs in about 2 hrs and then only 1 out of 2 moons blew lol and it was the wrong moon lol.

A moon is relatively easy and cheap to replace and develop - a few waves of probes and 25kk res.

Other than that, maybe you are in the wrong speed uni.

~~ RIP 7007+
  • Vulcan_558 wrote:

No wonder you are pe'ed off if you develop moons to that extent lol

Getting down to basics, a miner doesn't develop a moon - just uses it as a launch/landing place for his deploy FS's.
    If you set up your planets properly and vary your FS's you will be pretty safe even if a moon goes down.

To misquote the Borg - "Defence is futile" - apart from sufficient to deter cargo raids. In a x2 speed uni, eos and blew away 12.000 PTs in about 2 hrs and then only 1 out of 2 moons blew lol and it was the wrong moon lol.

A moon is relatively easy and cheap to replace and develop - a few waves of probes and 25kk res.

I AM a miner. Visit me in Xanthus if in doubt.

And a miner doesn't develop a moon? Who said that? GameForge? Game Administrators? Game Moderators? God? Some other divine energy? Are you fucking kidding me? Me developing moons makes me a non-miner now? Next, you'll say that I don't know how to use a damn computer!

And in case you didn't notice, which is quite obvious, the screen-shot I posted earlier didn't include Sensor Phalanx costs, considering I'm a miner. Jump Gates are useful to miners too, unlike what you might think. As far as defence being futile goes, I know that. It's not about defence being futile, it's about moons being vulnerable much more than planets without defence.

A moon is relatively easy and cheap to develop? Like I said, you might be rich enough to shell out enough resources to replace a moon everyday, I prefer to play conservatively. Let's disagree at play-styles, shall we? It takes a lot more than 25 million to get things done, unlike your little, imaginary world.
  • Vulcan_558 wrote:

No wonder you are pe'ed off if you develop moons to that extent lol

So many ppl are blue out of whim, couse attackers have it hard, lol. Why are you in blue, gave up when you saw it wont go your way. maybe you were in wrong uni. please you all whine about vm "abuse" when it is perfectly clear such appearance has reason.

@letssled I would love to see you in uni where you don´t have strong military backing, you would sing me so fast bluest tunes that papa smurf would be ashamed, and perhaps then you could then see beyond your personal experience
  • It's not the loss of the moon

It's what comes next. Which, if the planning is correct, is usually the target's main fleet.

And this is fair, in itself. But should it be happening at a speed where players are having to wake themselves up at unnatural times - just to ensure it isn't happening to them.

That's not healthy.

And it's a major cause of v mode fleet saving.

So, there needs to be a compromise between the two sides.

Either cap the speed, or accept v mode as the most logical way to protect an account.

Obviously we use MDs in 1 speed universes. But it's not a strategy that tends to work against active players.

More like big ass miners who rely on long fleet saves, and don't bother logging in too much.

There are multiple strategies in this game. You shouldn't be relying on MDs for every big fleet crash you make.
    MOST HATED RANK #1

TOP 1 (solo) x 2 (ACS) x 1

TOP 10 (solo) x 3 (ACS) x 9
    Super Adv x 64
    Adv x 290
    Basic x 1711
    RIP KILLS 6518