The V mode

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

  • AMNeSia wrote:


    letssled wrote:

    FACEPALM, well there is your problem, why the heck are you building lvl 10 robotics, lvl 10 shipyard, and JG4? I play a x7 uni btw. Cost to build a moon is a pittance in a x7 uni. This is a war game, maybe if you don't like the attacking part, you can switch to RPG or something similar.
    @letssled - Maybe you forgot or didn't notice, but I said that it was the cost of FULLY upgrading the moon, not merely simple upgrading. The cost might be a pittance for you, but I prefer to not think so loftily. Even in x7, resource conservation is important. And if you can shell out enough to make a moon every other day, be my guest, but I can't afford moons on such a regular basis.

    Building level 10 Robotics is for building the Jump Gate, to reduce the time needed between cool-downs. Shipyard 10 is so that defence can be built to avoid cheap MDs as currently happens. Everyone has a different play-style and unlike you, I like to keep my moons in one-piece by having enough terrain development.


    I don't need to switch to an RPG, you need to wake up. I can and have played OGame pretty fine in the past, back from Electra days. You might have been playing for longer, but I'm definitely not a noob to be saying all this. Back then, instant-building and THIS level of DM abuse didn't exist. Back then, people did MD, but not as much as they do now ever since the game's been reduced to less than 200-500 active players per server, so please.....
    The fact that you are on here complaining makes me believe that you are not "pretty fine".....At a 7x uni, a moon is 2.1kk metal and 700k cry, I guess at your DF being 70%, regardless for an account that old that is nothing for a moon, even getting DF from failed attempts. So please, re-read Vulcans post above, your comments appear to sound like nothing more then......
    Hey, I know letssled attacks you a lot with his rips.......and I want to crash those rips a lot!
  • letssled wrote:

    The fact that you are on here complaining makes me believe that you are not "pretty fine".....At a 7x uni, a moon is 2.1kk metal and 700k cry, I guess at your DF being 70%, regardless for an account that old that is nothing for a moon, even getting DF from failed attempts. So please, re-read Vulcans post above, your comments appear to sound like nothing more then......
    Yea, I'm not pretty fine, since as I said - MDs the way they work now are cheap due to the lack of Nanites on the moon because building defence is (practically) impossible. I'm not complaining about the cost of the moon and while you might feel that shelling out 2.1 million metal and 700,000 Crystal every other day for a moon due to constant MD is nothing, I don't feel the same way.

    If I keep spending all my resources on getting a moon (which is a 30% loss every single time the moon fails to be), how the fuck am I supposed to accumulate resources to upgrade mines and other more significant stuff? Getting the DF doesn't fix that 30% loss, does it? Being a miner doesn't help - it still takes time for mines to accumulate that much and I normally don't have time to raid around.

    And I've read through it all, replied to Vulcan's posts. You don't like it, you're welcome to stop reading.
  • @AMNeSia you adapt, strategy games are about compromise. If your strategy doesn't fit a particular uni don't expect changes just to suit you. And as you are starting to get abusive I'll take your advice and stop reading.

    @Di5turbed - I have better things to do than play Ogame. I am not a v mode warrior. hen it suits me, I will either return full time or give the a/c away (not sell).
    ~The strong take from the weak, but the smart take from the strong~

    U44/Quant/Jup/Betel HOF's = 575~ ~ ~480 Solo [10 Top 10] / 95 ACS [4 x #1 + 11 Top 10]
    ~~ RIP 7007+
  • Vulcan_558 wrote:

    @AMNeSia you adapt, strategy games are about compromise. If your strategy doesn't fit a particular uni don't expect changes just to suit you. And as you are starting to get abusive I'll take your advice and stop reading.
    @Vulcan_558 - My reply was to @letssled since he asked me to read your posts, not you.

    And as far as adapting goes, do tell me how you can adapt to people like RIO in Quantum who have powerful enough fleets such that they don't get merges. Do adapt to their thousands of DS while keeping all your moons intact for a relatively long time. I'd rather not adapt, but if you can, great. More power to you. :) As for me, it's a game, therefore I should not need to adapt to a game, but the game should adapt to me. If not, that's not my problem.

    As far as changing the universe for myself goes - well, I'm not the only one who's saying that MDs are unbalanced, am I? Same goes for Recyclers with Impulse/Hyperspace Drive. Both those things are unbalanced and I'm just one of many who agree that they're unbalanced.

  • Nanite on a moon

    I'm not even talking about Moon Destruction here, that crap can remain as it is, all I ask is for a moon to be able to level a Nanite factory. I, don't see a problem with this. None at all. What I want to ask to anyone discussing here is this:

    Can anyone here, make a constructive argument against this idea^?

    Please reply. I can counter everything you throw at me. Even this V Mode topic would be crushed into the ground.
  • Di5turbed wrote:

    Vulcan_558 wrote:

    No wonder you are pe'ed off if you develop moons to that extent lol
    Next you will be telling us that you are a miner !!!

    Getting down to basics, a miner doesn't develop a moon - just uses it as a launch/landing place for his deploy FS's.
    A fleeter needs a jump gate and lanx to the levels he needs or can afford.
    If you set up your planets properly and vary your FS's you will be pretty safe even if a moon goes down.

    To misquote the Borg - "Defence is futile" - apart from sufficient to deter cargo raids. In a x2 speed uni, eos and blew away 12.000 PTs in about 2 hrs and then only 1 out of 2 moons blew lol and it was the wrong moon lol.

    A moon is relatively easy and cheap to replace and develop - a few waves of probes and 25kk res.

    Other than that, maybe you are in the wrong speed uni.
    So many ppl are blue out of whim, couse attackers have it hard, lol. Why are you in blue, gave up when you saw it wont go your way. maybe you were in wrong uni. please you all whine about vm "abuse" when it is perfectly clear such appearance has reason.
    @letssled I would love to see you in uni where you don´t have strong military backing, you would sing me so fast bluest tunes that papa smurf would be ashamed, and perhaps then you could then see beyond your personal experience
    The only person who should be ashamed is you for buying the number one account, pretty sure that is against the rules.....Funny you were pretty quiet after you lost your fleet again, now after your big new purchase, suddenly you are pretty mouthy again......You have me all wrong, I am playing until I lose, nothing more. And maybe I would go blue, who knows. No point in playing when someone is willing to shell out $1500 for another account.
    Hey, I know letssled attacks you a lot with his rips.......and I want to crash those rips a lot!
  • Di5turbed wrote:

    I heard 2500 is being whispered but dont tell anyone.
    And fyi I was always mouthy, your big problem is that you dont see far from your nose.
    I see just fine. I and our ally refuse to play with cheaters, going to deny you bought your account? Come on, we all know the answer, why don't you tell the rest that are wondering....




    Grimm wrote:


    Nanite on a moon

    I'm not even talking about Moon Destruction here, that crap can remain as it is, all I ask is for a moon to be able to level a Nanite factory. I, don't see a problem with this. None at all. What I want to ask to anyone discussing here is this:

    Can anyone here, make a constructive argument against this idea^?

    Please reply. I can counter everything you throw at me. Even this V Mode topic would be crushed into the ground.
    Actually, that might be a reasonable compromise.....have to give you that one Grimm. What you say a max level or be able to build unlimited?
    Hey, I know letssled attacks you a lot with his rips.......and I want to crash those rips a lot!
  • letssled wrote:

    Di5turbed wrote:

    I heard 2500 is being whispered but dont tell anyone.
    And fyi I was always mouthy, your big problem is that you dont see far from your nose.
    I see just fine. I and our ally refuse to play with cheaters, going to deny you bought your account? Come on, we all know the answer, why don't you tell the rest that are wondering....
    By your logic I could say almost every acc in muppets is bought , since almost none of you play on your accs.
  • Di5turbed wrote:

    By your logic I could say almost every acc in muppets is bought , since almost none of you play on your accs.
    No, those accounts were given away to ally members; like mine probably will one day. 100% rules followed. There was no exchange of money. You on the other hand paid money to REV and he transfer his account to you. So, anyone from VEGA wonders why BOA and EXILES split into separate allies again?, wonder why some long time exile/boa members suddenly quit, and wonder why #1 ranked account went to unfriendly alliance "Defiance" and to someone that has lost a mitt-full of accounts? Well now you know; cash transaction. Disturbed you keep dodging the question, be nice to hear you admit it. At least you are not outright lying about it, give you that. Cheating is rampant still in ogame, worse then DM abuse IMO.

    Anywho, back on topic for me. I am interested in other peoples comments to Grimn about the nanite.
    Hey, I know letssled attacks you a lot with his rips.......and I want to crash those rips a lot!
  • letssled wrote:

    Actually, that might be a reasonable compromise.....have to give you that one Grimm. What you say a max level or be able to build unlimited?
    Unlimited of course.

    But the "player", us, chould be careful regardless, because if the moon goes Boom after someone IPM'd or RIP'd your defence, if you have like a Nanite level 7 or higher in your moon, that's going to be a huge loss of points-ressources. More so if it's several moons.

    If this IS implemented, I personally would probably cap it at level 5 or 6 with level 8 Shipyard(required to build PTs). Since in a 7x Uni, a Nanite at this level, for me at least, would build fast enough, it would still be helpful in other lower speed Unis, but it's more so on higher ones. But again, even at this level it still would be a big blow if you get your moon destroyed.
    But that in itself would be part of the "fun" in the game. The defender would still be at risk of getting a huge loss of ressources while the attacker would need to try harder to destroy the moon and get the prized fleet to crash.

    Nanite would also help, both fleeters or miners, in shortening the time of building a lanx, lunar base and the Jump Gate, namely this later one, and yes, some players actually do level up the Jump Gate past level 1, because it does decrease the cooldown timer and even if it's only by a minute. I seem to recall WM having a level 8 Jump Gate on one of his moons if I remember correctly so his cooldown is probably at like 2 minutes or so. At level 1 it's 12(7x Uni) so yes it's a considerable difference.

    Oh and ofc, you would still require a level 10 Robotics to built a Nanite on a moon.

    This would also make you compromise on moon slots. Either you go for Sensor Lanx, or go for a Bunker on a moon, having both would be very hard and impractical, you would need to have a ridiculously high level Lunar Base and they get quite expensive after a few levels. But you could go for it anyway, it's the player's choice.


    This would be a massive game changer. But I would say it would be for the greater good of the game. It would at least make things a lot more balanced.
  • I can't pretend that I ever read everything about the nanites on the moon.

    But I love the idea, maybe youve said this, maybe you haven't.

    But my thought would be, make it something like how the fusion reactors benefit from the energy technology.

    Dont allow the construction of the nanite on the moon itself, but maybe through computer technology the moon gets a percentage boost to construction based on the computer technology level and the nanite on the planet, obviously the higher the better.
  • letssled wrote:

    Di5turbed wrote:

    By your logic I could say almost every acc in muppets is bought , since almost none of you play on your accs.
    No, those accounts were given away to ally members; like mine probably will one day. 100% rules followed. There was no exchange of money. You on the other hand paid money to REV and he transfer his account to you. So, anyone from VEGA wonders why BOA and EXILES split into separate allies again?, wonder why some long time exile/boa members suddenly quit, and wonder why #1 ranked account went to unfriendly alliance "Defiance" and to someone that has lost a mitt-full of accounts? Well now you know; cash transaction. Disturbed you keep dodging the question, be nice to hear you admit it. At least you are not outright lying about it, give you that. Cheating is rampant still in ogame, worse then DM abuse IMO.
    Anywho, back on topic for me. I am interested in other peoples comments to Grimn about the nanite.
    Fyi I know Rev for a looong time so your thessis that he was unfriendly is just thessis. Because it is no1 acc it should be sold, someone should have told your previous owner of acc that he shouldnt be giving it for free hahaha. He should have joined Defiance on merge but decided he will go with Boa/Exiles. Why they split up you should ask Vulcan he is one you should be thanking for. Anyways, on topic Md formula needs nerfing, not the nanites on moon
  • Grimm wrote:

    Unlimited of course.
    But the "player", us, chould be careful regardless, because if the moon goes Boom after someone IPM'd or RIP'd your defence, if you have like a Nanite level 7 or higher in your moon, that's going to be a huge loss of points-ressources. More so if it's several moons.

    If this IS implemented, I personally would probably cap it at level 5 or 6 with level 8 Shipyard(required to build PTs). Since in a 7x Uni, a Nanite at this level, for me at least, would build fast enough, it would still be helpful in other lower speed Unis, but it's more so on higher ones. But again, even at this level it still would be a big blow if you get your moon destroyed.
    But that in itself would be part of the "fun" in the game. The defender would still be at risk of getting a huge loss of ressources while the attacker would need to try harder to destroy the moon and get the prized fleet to crash.

    Nanite would also help, both fleeters or miners, in shortening the time of building a lanx, lunar base and the Jump Gate, namely this later one, and yes, some players actually do level up the Jump Gate past level 1, because it does decrease the cooldown timer and even if it's only by a minute. I seem to recall WM having a level 8 Jump Gate on one of his moons if I remember correctly so his cooldown is probably at like 2 minutes or so. At level 1 it's 12(7x Uni) so yes it's a considerable difference.

    Oh and ofc, you would still require a level 10 Robotics to built a Nanite on a moon.

    This would also make you compromise on moon slots. Either you go for Sensor Lanx, or go for a Bunker on a moon, having both would be very hard and impractical, you would need to have a ridiculously high level Lunar Base and they get quite expensive after a few levels. But you could go for it anyway, it's the player's choice.


    This would be a massive game changer. But I would say it would be for the greater good of the game. It would at least make things a lot more balanced.
    Don't have to cap anything. Just make Nanites and Sensor Phalanx mutually exclusive - if you build Phalanx, you can't build Nanites and if you build Nanites, you can't build Phalanx. That way, fleeters don't get over-powered (and the planet Shipyard doesn't become useless) while miners can't use the Phalanx, only other parts of the moon. And if you want to build Phalanx/Nanite after building the other building, you must have to demolish the other building completely.

    So if you have Phalanx 8 and want to build Nanite 4, you should remove the Phalanx completely and build Nanites after. Same goes the other way. Keeps things in balance. No level caps, please. Upgrading the moon is a pain, putting level caps doesn't help at all, especially since the cost itself is the practical cap.

    Also, the storages on the moon can be removed and Nanites can be put in their place. Resource storage buildings make no sense on a moon in the first place.


    Di5turbed wrote:

    Anyways, on topic Md formula needs nerfing, not the nanites on moon
    MD wouldn't be a problem if Moons had Nanites and you could build defence fast enough.

    The post was edited 1 time, last by AMNeSia ().

  • AMNeSia wrote:

    Asto Vidatu wrote:

    dont think much about the nanites as it wont happen

    the slower you build defense (with shipyard only) the more DM you have to waste on it

    so more money for the supreme overlords
    Maybe if everyone abandoned the game, GF might fix it, giving us a reason to come back. No?
    No

    'Stalno u kafani..ja sam nesto poput sanka'


    'Zaboravljamo heroje i junake,pamtimo samo loše likove'