The V mode

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I have a question, is vmode duration shorter in some universes? I read posts on here about people leaping in and out of vmode so they don't need to fleetsave and can't be MD'd, how does that work if vmode is 48 hours at a time?
      Community Ex-Mod
      Xbox Live Gamertag - Canary Wundaboy
      PSN Gamertag - CanaryWundaboy
      Yeah I'm back.
    • Arcticwarfare wrote:

there are several V moders that do so Purely Because they can not afford to Fly Their Ships
      Ah, my bad, now I understand what you meant.
      Yeah thats a dilemma for sure wich means the defenders of v-mode really like their armada not having to move other than profitbale hits occurs.
      Its so depressing, I tried to get back into the game again but after some weeks I just felt....bleh....bleh...
    • Dark Depresion wrote:

We don't need a limit on how much time can be spent in VM. that would be counter-productive towards long-term players. We do need a limit on how soon after exiting VM you can enter again (say 48 or 72 hours being the very shortest period on the table here), or alternatively an attack-block from an account (both not necessarily to) of at least 12 hours after exiting VM.

Long story short, the game needs some sort of protected state (VM) but the game also desperately needs a rethinking of said system to combat the systemic abuse of the current VM system perpetrated by far too many bad players.
      THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS

THIS btw :D

You're going to get trolled

Fidis:
      Quit at #3 Military
      Libra: Quit at top 15
      Virgo: Online (top 40 mining)
      Bellatrix: This account will be deleted on 27.Aug.2018 03:00:00
    • the main problem is

you people are never happy

v mode was 24 hrs for most universes, but to please the forum whiners it was increased to 48. now people are crying for 72 ... and after that it will be 96

don't try to hide your lack of skills by blaming the current game settings.

the skilled fleeters are making good hits despite the existance of v mode.

leave it be.
      TOP 1 (solo) x 2 (ACS) x 1
      TOP 10 (solo) x 3 (ACS) x 9
      Super Adv x 61
      Adv x 282
      Basic x 1693

RIP KILLS 6281

• baal wrote:

the main problem is

you people are never happy

v mode was 24 hrs for most universes, but to please the forum whiners it was increased to 48. now people are crying for 72 ... and after that it will be 96

don't try to hide your lack of skills by blaming the current game settings.

the skilled fleeters are making good hits despite the existance of v mode.

leave it be.

its not 2008 anymore mate, grow up, adapt, change. the VM system needs to be changed as its abused easily. the games dead already, whats the harm its going to do?

Fidis:
      Quit at #3 Military
    • Arcticwarfare wrote:

if you cant afford to fly your fleet, you shouldnt have just a Fleet, Just like a Home Loan
      do you realize it costs well over 250 million deut to fleetsave a fleet like warmachines? even my 80m fleet in .de costs me 28m to fleetsave

its honestly depressing to see uni hoppers/miners actually, completely seriously discuss how fleeters should play and act.

i.imgur.com/pjlDWas.png <- fleetsave (insys deploy on 10%)
      i.imgur.com/F0kgflM.png <- 1 sys flight with recs

the three big hits below in my signature cost anywhere from 400 million to a billion or more deut, not even counting the rebuilds. That takes multiple miners weeks to produce (and im not the only fleeter), but fleeters should just suck it up and not play when they cant afford to fly their fleet? :D
      Merkur.de - Chewbacca
      Relocate timeback: ogmem.com/show/334008
      57G super advanced: ogotcha / ogmem
      #6 ogame.de 137G TD/64G profit: https://ogmem.com/show/349679
      #7 ogame.de 130G/48G profit: ogmem.com/show/452903

The post was edited 2 times, last by umakhelwane ().

• baal wrote:

@OGBlizzard

i have adapted a zillion times, mate

that's why i'm still playing after 14 years wuthout a break.

i use v mode, but i have never been gone for longer than 2 weeks - and that was a ban :dead:

then you should realize that for a game to maintain a healthy state, it must update, and change to suit the player base. take WoW for example, constant updates prove the game can survive after long periods of time. no flame, just stating.

regardless bro if anything changes, it wont change for at least a year lmao, ppl who made the game dont care so they work on update whilst they sit on the toilets. :) i do not like them, and i do not give them any money, so i cannot complain for updates better or worse. i

Fidis:
      Quit at #3 Military
    • As mentioned, fix moondestructions or the possibilites to instabuild and move all that c**p needed.

And fine, you allmighty v-mode and "active" fleeters can have your vacation but then I have a suggestions for you.
      I have heard you guys say oh its so expansive to have big fleet adn risk of being whacked. Its because you have to big of a fleet to maintain simple as that.
      But anyway, my suggestion:
      Do your v-mode thingie but are you prepared to get deut removed (and/or trade value of oother reources to deut) from your resources? The same amount would be removed that your time in the air during the "vacation" would cost as cheapest possible(and no bouncing between a planet and a moon or a moon to df is not a overnight fleetsave, maybe at 1x speed unis..).
      It would show before you hit your save settings and vacation selected on how much deut it will cost you for this and this time.
      Would you accept that, all fleeters?

Oh no worries this "punishment" is just for you to not be able to use ultracheap fleetsave with to big of a fleet. A real vacation say minimum 2 weeks or so wouldnt cost you anything since that is classified as a vacation, meaning going away and enjoying life a bit.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Fedupex: Spelly and all that petty things ().

• Fedupex wrote:

As mentioned, fix moondestructions or the possibilites to instabuild and move all that c**p needed.

And fine, you allmighty v-mode and "active" fleeters can have your vacation but then I have a suggestions for you.
      I have heard you guys say oh its so expansive to have big fleet adn risk of being whacked. Its because you have to big of a fleet to maintain simple as that.
      But anyway, my suggestion:
      Do your v-mode thingie but are you prepared to get deut removed (and/or trade value of oother reources to deut) from your resources? The same amount would be removed that your time in the air during the "vacation" would cost as cheapest possible(and no bouncing between a planet and a moon or a moon to df is not a overnight fleetsave, maybe at 1x speed unis..).
      It would show before you hit your save settings and vacation selected on how much deut it will cost you for this and this time.
      Would you accept that, all fleeters?

Oh no worries this "punishment" is just for you to not be able to use ultracheap fleetsave with to big of a fleet. A real vacation say minimum 2 weeks or so wouldnt cost you anything since that is classified as a vacation, meaning going away and enjoying life a bit.
      this is easily the dumbest thing i have ever read
      this is like telling a depressed person to "JUST BE HAPPY LOL" (just dont build more fleet LOL)

its actually appaling how little miners understand the game
      Merkur.de - Chewbacca
      Relocate timeback: ogmem.com/show/334008
      57G super advanced: ogotcha / ogmem
      #6 ogame.de 137G TD/64G profit: https://ogmem.com/show/349679
      #7 ogame.de 130G/48G profit: ogmem.com/show/452903
    • u guys should all git gud

on a more serious note:
      The Problem is not the vmode, its just the symptom.
      one should fix the problems of the game (no real possibility to save 100% safe without crippling your effective time, a very time consuming game that needs you to be around all the time) instead of trying to fix the solution people came up to because of these problems

forcing someone to play the game (more) will lead to that user leaving.
      I am pretty sure less people leave because of vmod savers than because of changes to it will.

Only thing that would work kinda in my opinion is a stackable vmode that forces you to stay IN vmode longer

starting with
      12 hrs
      24 hrs
      48 hrs
      96 hrs
      192 hrs

whenever a person is out of vmode for 7 days it goes down to the previous stage. if you wont stay out of vmode for 7 days, you advance to the next stage.
      even that step might be too drastic tho.

The post was edited 1 time, last by scorer ().

• umakhelwane wrote:

this is easily the dumbest thing i have ever read
      this is like telling a depressed person to "JUST BE HAPPY LOL" (just dont build more fleet LOL)

its actually appaling how little miners understand the game
      Right, but that doenst work on an depressed person, trust me and other in that situation on that. However this is a game wich is unbalanced by now.

Oh and glad to be on your list of dumbest things ever, no 1 at that, amazing.
    • Punishing the person by having them not play even longer? These fleeters don't care about mine production loss. That is not a solution....

You want to stop MD's? Add another ship that allows you to see incoming attacks at it's location. So i can send this new spy ship to my buddy's moon and protect it while he sleeps from MD's.

I still however believe if you go V, you should be forced to stay out of V for a period of time.
    • The way I see it this isn’t about MD’s or anything. This is about people that hide in vmode just to come out, smack somebody and go right back in. How can you hunt someone if they are in vmode 99% of the time? What if EVERYONE did that? It would ruin the game completely. Honestly vmode playing kills the game. I know Baal said that one game he played made people “pay for vmode” which he disliked but I really wouldn’t be opposed to something like that even if the currency paid wasn’t in dollars/ DM but maybe pay a certain amount of rez for it or perhaps even have a certain research that decreases the amount of metal, crystal or duet that has to be paid for x amount of days spent in vmode or say you can pay x amount of DM and keep your loot for x number of days in vmode. This would ensure that people can’t profit from being vmode fleeters
      “War does not determine who is right — only who is left.”

GMOD but main sections are Polaris - Yildun, General and the SpamBoard
      My S/MOD is Rav3n so go annoy him if I have angered you!
    • I personally find the idea of having to pay, either real world money or ingame currency (be that DM, or metal/crystal/duet), to be a very bad idea, you should NOT have to pay to V-mode as many have RL issues that pop up out of nowhere, and people should not have to pay for this in a game.

What about an attack ban? As in, for 48 hours after coming out of V-mode you are unable to attack, ACS defend, ACS attack, probe, transport to a planet not your own, your only fleet movements you can do is transport/deploy to your own planet/moon, this would stop people from comingout of v-mode to probe, hit and run back behind blue shield (which i have exp in uni 1 years back, guy would pop out for a couple of hours, probe, and vanish again if he found nothing, pathetic way of playing.)
    • from my point of view
      vmode fleeters are infact valuable

yes they are annoying af when they come out and mass probe everything
      but due to [insert random excuse] they have to play from vmode

messing up with vmode will mess with them and maybe some of those who dont use vmode as often
      so i dont see how it`ll bring anything good
      either we lose most of vmode fleeters and see 0 activity in universes

or they come out once in a few months and rage out on those who are left

what has to be done is messing up with MD chance, and deploy costs
      because for a fleeter with big fleet to fs in his own system..yeah we know..huge deut amount

many moons ago there was this

board.origin.ogame.gameforge.c…-power-of-moons/?pageNo=1

and ofcourse nothing happened..what oGame/GameForge needs is applying two of the old ideas

one of them is either slowing down MD missions or lowering the destructive power of deathstars in MD missions

and increase the cargo capacity of SC, LC and reccy [thus requiring less recycles which are usually the most expensive ship to fleetsave]

let me remind you about hypertech

so..work on those 2 things simultaneously and hopefully we`ll have more vmode warriors active more often

and the possibility to use less ships in every single mission

'Stalno u kafani..ja sam nesto poput sanka'

'Zaboravljamo heroje i junake,pamtimo samo loše likove'