The V mode

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• i have been watching most of this thread and there seems to be a couple of problems with the game mechanics that need to be dealt with so that vmode warriors dont need vmode

1)
      big fleets cost too much deut to FS. well this is caused by two things, firstly people don't build balanced accounts or their deut traders stop playing. secondly to run a big fleet you need big amount of recs. to counteract this i propose a couple of things.

firstly create a universe trading system ingame. at the moment we are limited to trading with people we know. if there was a "marketplace" for use to see a list of people who are selling res. what they are selling and what they want. you then click them and trade the res through that ingame system. the res would have to be transferred somehow from one account to the other (any input here?)

secondly, increase the cargo capacity of ships. not just a set increase. but a scaled increase as shown above by @Asto Vidatu using hyperspace drive? im probably thing a new research for this? should be easy enough to impliment

2)
      MD's are too fast and too easy. yes i agree that some md's can be fast and can be easy. adding 50% flight time as mentioned above will not help this. in my x4 uni it would make it 1h 35min or so in system, and as i have a spare planet i can colonise, moon, insta gate and md's land in under 1h 40min......this is not enough time to sleep. im thinking of maybe some sort of moon defense to lessen md's effectiveness? or maybe a building? this defense should be non destroy-able (like ABM's) this would decrease the chance for md's but not totally nerf md's. (more input?)

i also like the attack ban when coming out of vmode. too many people come out, do attack then go back in vmode. i understand ogame shouldn't run your life, but you should not be able to hide whenever you feel like not playing anymore. the point of ogame is that it is 24/7 all day everyday. obviously when you have holidays etc etc you should VMODE (as it is called VACATION mode)

i also like the rewarding players for being active. maybe a daily log in bonus which increases to a maximum then each day after that you get the maximum.

this game needs to start putting in some changes before we all miss out and see it close down.

thanks for the sig blackadder you nubber
    • 1. Reduce the resource haul from the attacks in the first 24h hours outside of vmode to like 30% or something.
      2. Make MD missions doesnt look that ridiculously easy. This is mostly shown in the late stages of unis. Pumping and sending a piles of rips on MD missions is a piece of cake. There is no FS style that will save your fleet if you dare to sleep for 8 hours and someone is determined to get your fleet.
    • Bunnybasher wrote:

Elldamar wrote:

There is no FS style that will save your fleet if you dare to sleep for 8 hours and someone is determined to get your fleet.
      Well there is one way but it means you cant use your fleet 2/3 of the time xD
      doesnt matter, how are you gonna play the game without jumpgates? just spend 2.5 dm every day to get your gates back because you decided to fleetsave? :D
      Merkur.de - Chewbacca
      Relocate timeback: ogmem.com/show/334008
      57G super advanced: ogotcha / ogmem
      #6 ogame.de 137G TD/64G profit: https://ogmem.com/show/349679
      #7 ogame.de 130G/48G profit: ogmem.com/show/452903
    • Dark Depresion wrote:

Actually there is certain merit to the suggestion.
      While yes, it would be annoying to everybody, it would hit the VM-whores much harder than everybody else. They would be forced to stay out of VM if they want to spend those sweet smash'n'flee ress on account progression or drop some big amounts of DM every time they need to build something. Surely that is a win/win idea so abundantly clear even GF could get aboard with it.

I don't care much about things that would inconvenience myself a little, as long as it is done in a fashion that inconveniences the VM-whores more. This certainly fits the bill. My planning skills are plentifully sufficient to get around this little problem those 1-3 times a year i actually use VM (you know, the amount of times people actually go on vacation), while at the same time having the potential to greatly annoy the undesirables on a regular basis. All in all, a trade-off I (as well as others, I suspect), am more than willing to agree to.
      This is just stupid in so many ways. Even increasing the vmode time from 24h to 48h was wrong. Why make things more inconvenient for most of the users? Just fix the damn broken game design that makes people vmode FS.
      Rumors are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots.

Developer of AntiGameReborn - Virgo.de #1
    • eeh ? how is Increasing VM from 24 to 48 wrong ? If it was up to me, I would have made it 3days/72h .. cus, u either do it Fri noon so u can drink and enjoy RL till end of Sun/Mon ..or do it when u have something to do, which, usually is more than 1-2-3 days..
      Vmode + carpet probings + multis ruined the skill of the game .. and obv, all them mofos that cry with the "well, my fleet is so fcking cockbig even if i move it insys moon to moon it will cost 100mil deut.." .. then dont make that much of a fleet, or balance it more towards duet .. or, raid like a man and have that deut back .. There r sooooo many ways how to FS or dont waste deut much but ppl just wanna do the cheating way with Vmode+ carpet + multi ..
      And , we all know that most of them who use this way, r like polar bears, in many ways protected by GF since, no matter how many times u report them, they never get banned or if they get, they get back in a week :)

But meh, w/e .. merge , merge , merge and maybe there will be enough new/old GOs which will make some balance with punishing them alarm/script/vmode warriors :)

To BE or Not To BE, all screw up sometimes...
    • The problem with VM fleeters is that it's perfectly okay for them to come out smash some poor miner that's been playing "actively" and fleetsaving for weeks, possibly months for astro or that next mine level and in one raid its all gone and the attacker just sneaks back into vm, it's bullshit.

Personally, If they go into vm then have a vacation, account should be locked for 1 week. That's the duration of a standard vacation isn't it?
      Attack block is the second option, they automatically have a 24 hour attack block after coming out of vm.

I do understand the likes of Gonzo etc would face 100% MDs, but you chose to play with the big fish. Sink or swim muthafuckas.
    • Tony Montana wrote:

The problem with VM fleeters is that it's perfectly okay for them to come out smash some poor miner that's been playing "actively" and fleetsaving for weeks, possibly months for astro or that next mine level and in one raid its all gone and the attacker just sneaks back into vm, it's bullshit.
      How about the poor miners learn to play aka learn to FS?

Tony Montana wrote:

I do understand the likes of Gonzo etc would face 100% MDs, but you chose to play with the big fish. Sink or swim muthafuckas.
      No you dont get to choose that. Either you're a bootlicker and join the dominant force or you get penetrated by MDs and have to wake up every 1.5 hours in the night.
      Rumors are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots.

Developer of AntiGameReborn - Virgo.de #1
    • You say the poor old miners need to fs, what about you so called elite fleeters learn to fleetsave.

You do choose, you chose to play in Quantum and enjoy the merge now when all you idiots smashed all your fleets into each other you gave the advantage right back to wm. If anything you owe gonzo and everyone in quantum being bullied by him an apology.

I think these vmode "fleeters" need to stop abusing the system and play fair or suffer the consequences.
    • "Suffer the consequences" aka quit.... great solution. I think most are missing that point that these "vm fleeters" wouldn't be forced out of vm they would most likely just quit the game. So why not adress the issue as to why they abuse vm. Its called getting to the ROOT CAUSE PROBLEM aka MDs and FS cost, not some bandaid solution like reworking vm to be more troublesome. Two days as it stands is great you can vm Friday night and come back sunday night after a worry free weekend, no need to change that.
      Uni 1
      Zibal
      ~RIP Taurus~
    • stop trolling :D

i dont care about deut cost really

if i fs and i get md 100% while i am online little i can do,
      i cant get acs defend(if they send cover fleet lol bet miners know crap about that) since my bl is poor
      i can recall deployment, moon popped, and get a moon and wait for days for jg to finish since i dont have dm( thats my biggest fear, if i am shown on deploy mission on lanx its my fault to lose)

if i manage to kill you cause you were late for fs under 15 min than its your fault

and i dont need any alarm script or bot for that, just planet list from ago
    • Tony Montana wrote:

The problem with VM fleeters is that it's perfectly okay for them to come out smash some poor miner that's been playing "actively" and fleetsaving for weeks, possibly months for astro or that next mine level and in one raid its all gone and the attacker just sneaks back into vm, it's bullshit.

Personally, If they go into vm then have a vacation, account should be locked for 1 week. That's the duration of a standard vacation isn't it?
      Attack block is the second option, they automatically have a 24 hour attack block after coming out of vm.

... Slapping some cargos full of ress that are standing in a moon (or even planet) without someone being online... That's literally ogame for you. In this case you are talking about, I suppose no MDs are made right? In that case, that "poor miner" should either fleetsave better or be online on time when his fleet lands so he can send it to FS again after doing his work. There's nothing wrong with this...
      If that poor miner doesn't get slapped by the vmodder, he'll get slapped by one of those guys that are in the Alliance that rules in the Uni and make him grow even more... What's worse???

Sometimes, people don't choose to play with the "big fish"... There could be a huge number of reasons like having friends in the server and playing along with them... Or you know.
      Something called UNBALANCED MERGE!!!
      This ^ was one of the, if not the biggest reason, for you to have the huge number of VModders in Quantum today and a lot of people even quit because of it which is even worse. I have some friends there that have been vmodded for over a year and won't leave vmode status until some players (won't say any names but it's quite obvious) leave the game because if they decide to play again they will have their moons and consequently fleets destroyed.

I know this thread is supposed to be about vmode in general, ergo, about it in all servers, but seriously... by the looks of it, it's mostly just about Quantum and I can reason why.

TL:DR Forget about VMODE.
      FIX MOONDESTRUCTION!!!!
    • look its quite simple. some people have what 10k rips and more? they can 100% MD all your moons, i woke up once early and found 7 out of 11 of my moons popped once but my fleet was safe somewhere else.

when you get at the level quantum is with very powerful rip fleets and big fleets in general. we need something to stop md's being effective

thanks for the sig blackadder you nubber
    • you play this game
      You play this game for years
      You play it for 5/10 years
      And one day, someone decides to colonize in your solar sistem, and all your fleet is gone..
      In less than 5/6/7 hours...
      All years of building, trading, farming...
      During that one night when someone destroys you for 20€...
      20€ is your fleet worth...
      But yes, you must adopt blablabla
      :censored:

I don’t see that language being used towards anyone in general but please don’t use it. Notice given - Clittle

The post was edited 1 time, last by clittle ().

• Tony Montana wrote:

If anything you owe gonzo and everyone in quantum being bullied by him an apology.
      me and wm have not bullied anyone that doesnt deserve it.... the only one we have tried to bully out of the uni is john wick...we would force pop his moons at 100%

and gonzo doesnt get bullied by any of us. unless you want gonzo to find out what it feels like to be bullied since you say gonzo is owed an apology for being bullied...

i have 18b deut and 10 mobiles... i have no problem merching some rips and show you what bullying is really like....gonzo doesnt use DM...it will be easy pushing him out of the uni if i really want to ..... but its totally up to you :)

we dont owe your friend(gonzo) any apologies or anyone else :)

on another note....keep the vmode as it is.....its perfect :)
      If you can't be a yardstick, be a ruler. If you cant be a ruler, be a king.
      RIPS KILLED: 71,521