The V mode

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Holy crap, you guys aren't even paying attention to @piink She wants to know only about V....she isn't asking about fleetsaves and MDs and all that. Yes it is connected and one causes problems to the other. It doesn't appear she cares about changing the other things at this time. So, address the question asked.

Accounts that V forever are silly, After 40 days even with DM drop the V or delete them. In unis Over a year maybe allow them to V for 90 days for a DM fee. (aka Deep freeze)

Force someone to V for 48 hours, and once they click out of a vacation mode they are unable to do so again for 2 days.

Yes, fleets are expensive to fleetsave. YES this could cause people to readjust what they build for fleets and possibly keep them smaller.
    • EthanC wrote:

Holy crap, you guys aren't even paying attention to @piink She wants to know only about V....she isn't asking about fleetsaves and MDs and all that. Yes it is connected and one causes problems to the other. It doesn't appear she cares about changing the other things at this time. So, address the question asked.
      and we all are adressing the asked question
      just on a bigger scale that proves to be a little harder for some players to grasp

Vmode is okeyish..it could work as a 72h forced vmode or a vmode with attack block but it wont solve the problem - too many vmode players

MDs are a problem that alongside expensive fleetsafe and little cargo capacity (i.e. for recyclers) are the main issues that force players to play as vmode warriors

so..fix those 2 and you'll fix most of the vmode warriors

'Stalno u kafani..ja sam nesto poput sanka'

'Zaboravljamo heroje i junake,pamtimo samo loše likove'

• unclesam wrote:

Tony Montana wrote:

If anything you owe gonzo and everyone in quantum being bullied by him an apology.
      me and wm have not bullied anyone that doesnt deserve it.... the only one we have tried to bully out of the uni is john wick...we would force pop his moons at 100%
      and gonzo doesnt get bullied by any of us. unless you want gonzo to find out what it feels like to be bullied since you say gonzo is owed an apology for being bullied...

i have 18b deut and 10 mobiles... i have no problem merching some rips and show you what bullying is really like....gonzo doesnt use DM...it will be easy pushing him out of the uni if i really want to ..... but its totally up to you :)

we dont owe your friend(gonzo) any apologies or anyone else :)

on another note....keep the vmode as it is.....its perfect :)
      Gonzo is no friend of mine.

You act all billy big bollocks now, but when Solidarity, limecat and those noobs in unity were about, you weren't so confident then, so yes, i would say you and wm are using bullying tactics.

Warned for Spam - Nothing in this post is about the question Piink was asking about Vmode. -Clittle

The post was edited 1 time, last by clittle ().

• Asto Vidatu wrote:

and we all are adressing the asked question

just on a bigger scale that proves to be a little harder for some players to grasp

Vmode is okeyish..it could work as a 72h forced vmode or a vmode with attack block but it wont solve the problem - too many vmode players

MDs are a problem that alongside expensive fleetsafe and little cargo capacity (i.e. for recyclers) are the main issues that force players to play as vmode warriors

so..fix those 2 and you'll fix most of the vmode warriors
      I agree with you but why do we even discuss it when they (gameforge) do not care? That "cargo capacity" thing was solved almost 2y ago (and accepted) but still GF didn't implant it into the game. After we solve this we can talk about MD.

About MD: i had some ideas months ago about graviton tech affecting MD missions but majority of players liked the current things about MD...
      EDIT: i found my original topic about MD problems: How to improve graviton tech and solve "moon power" problem

The post was edited 1 time, last by ReaperLord ().

• Tony Montana wrote:

unclesam wrote:

Tony Montana wrote:

If anything you owe gonzo and everyone in quantum being bullied by him an apology.
      me and wm have not bullied anyone that doesnt deserve it.... the only one we have tried to bully out of the uni is john wick...we would force pop his moons at 100%and gonzo doesnt get bullied by any of us. unless you want gonzo to find out what it feels like to be bullied since you say gonzo is owed an apology for being bullied...

i have 18b deut and 10 mobiles... i have no problem merching some rips and show you what bullying is really like....gonzo doesnt use DM...it will be easy pushing him out of the uni if i really want to ..... but its totally up to you :)

we dont owe your friend(gonzo) any apologies or anyone else :)

on another note....keep the vmode as it is.....its perfect :)
      You act all billy big bollocks now, but when Solidarity, limecat and those noobs in unity were about, you weren't so confident then, so yes, i would say you and wm are using bullying tactics.
      So true...When merge comes no1 will pick Quantum as a destination. They will be strongest, but they wont have anyone to play against... :thumbsup:
    • Tony Montana wrote:

You say the poor old miners need to fs, what about you so called elite fleeters learn to fleetsave.

You do choose, you chose to play in Quantum and enjoy the merge now when all you idiots smashed all your fleets into each other you gave the advantage right back to wm. If anything you owe gonzo and everyone in quantum being bullied by him an apology.

I think these vmode "fleeters" need to stop abusing the system and play fair or suffer the consequences.
      Dude what the fuck. Why would I apologize for a poor game design that is made by Gameforge. Players shouldn't be the one that are keeping the balance in a universe, the game design should do that.

And you clearly don't get that a miner can safely FS with ease, and without waking up every 1.5 hours in the night. But a fleeter cannot.

Rumors are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots.

Virgo.de #1

The post was edited 1 time, last by Tirnoch ().

• I haven't Vmoded since I've restarted playing again... But it's now a 48h freeze? Wasn't it 24h before? Why was that changed even???

Oh, so it's a good idea to keep players in vmode longer? ... Kewl to know. GG.

Tony Montana wrote:

They got "lucky" that the other dominant force in the Universe literally just gave the game up. There was a huge difference in power between Unity and Rio and the rest... Unity is gone now so RIO now dominates, and it's like others have said, you either mind your own business and wait someday to get crashed or attacked out of their boredom or you lick their boots...

Ironically, the same thing happened in Uni35 where there were 2 alliances that were dominant and RIO was again the last one standing with LOS apparently... Just disappearing for whatever reason(MWs ban def. had something to do with it). Soon after that I also gave up, but for different reasons... Apparently it was(or still is!?) a thing for RIO to crash their own deut suppliers back then.
      I'd say RIO just has more persistence in the game than the others, and I'd say that's a good thing. The bad thing is that for a Universe to be balanced, we would need 2 Alliances like them, and of course, at war with each other. So we can have the other Alliances, while not so powerful, could still join a side and fight the other small ones that are on opposite sides.
    • Trade Moonshot wrote:

Why not simply create a poll?

Change V-Mode
      No change to V-Mode

There you go.

My proposition about Moon Destruction and V-Mode can now be read here:
      yeah.,.. pay to keep your fleet alive omg XD dude do you even play the game? come on man this isnt even feasible like what :headbanging: :rofl:

You're going to get trolled

Fidis:
      Quit at #3 Military
      Libra: Quit at top 15
      Virgo: Online (top 40 mining)
      Bellatrix: This account will be deleted on 27.Aug.2018 03:00:00
    • yeah. no dm should be needed for saving your fleet from md's

my proposal is simpler, you have a building or research that reduces the md chance. this way it can be scaled with more advanced uni's

your proposal doesnt give enough protection either.

thanks for the sig blackadder you nubber
    • A lot of bashing and senseless trolling on this thread.
      When vmode switched from 24 hours to 48 hours, I simply started fleet saving. It's as simple as that. :)

Don't let the game play you, instead of that Vmode fleetsave and play the game whenever you want.

Arhangelo/Saw: u are too dangerous.. even while moon shoting

Flops of the Century:

RinTinuNinu Poor 20.543.567 -75.388.042
      Karma Closed 15.952.274 -61.024.373
      Venku Ordo Closed 36.238.268 -17.684.415
    • Guys, Piink asked a simple question about VM. This is not the place to concern yourself about “who’s bullying who” if you want to do that then open a thread in your own Uni and mark it as spam.
      “War does not determine who is right — only who is left.”

GMOD but main sections are Polaris - Yildun, General and the SpamBoard
      My S/MOD is Rav3n so go annoy him if I have angered you!
    • Wow what a bunch of close minded mods.... saying to only discuss VM and not MDs and FS costs is like saying hey lets discuss how to make a country better but you cant discuss politics or the economy that isnt related

seriously I dont know why I bother trying to give input anymore, its more frustrating then its worth, Im out
      Uni 1 ~ Retired
      Taurus ~ Mining
      Zibal ~ Fleeterish
    • threeflipskat3r wrote:

Wow what a bunch of close minded mods.... saying to only discuss VM and not MDs and FS costs is like saying hey lets discuss how to make a country better but you cant discuss politics or the economy that isnt related

seriously I dont know why I bother trying to give input anymore, its more frustrating then its worth, Im out
      You don't get it. Gameforge doesn't want to have issues or their causes discussed. Gameforge just wants phrases like "I wish OGame would unvmode inactive vmoded accounts" or "I wish OGame wouldn't allow vmode FSing". They just want you to make simple wishes, no need for a constructive discussion.

The implementation of stomt just shows this

Rumors are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots.

Virgo.de #1
    • Talking about how Moon Destructions and Fleet saving costs affect v-mode is fine, I think, but there was a fairly lengthy digression into Alliance politics and specific grievances that might be better off elsewhere. I believe that's what clittle meant.

On topic, I think extending the Rewards feature into an actual daily reward for active players would be a good idea. Something a bit more substantial than Buddy Points, perhaps an amount of res that increases until it equals your Den Capacity, and then resets. Let's shoot out some ideas.
    • Tony Montana wrote:

You say the poor old miners need to fs, what about you so called elite fleeters learn to fleetsave.

You do choose, you chose to play in Quantum and enjoy the merge now when all you idiots smashed all your fleets into each other you gave the advantage right back to wm. If anything you owe gonzo and everyone in quantum being bullied by him an apology.

I think these vmode "fleeters" need to stop abusing the system and play fair or suffer the consequences.
      you and rocky were the most abusive vmode fleeters on .org and you're trying to tell others to stop doing it? LOL
      Merkur.de - Chewbacca
      Relocate timeback: ogmem.com/show/334008
      57G super advanced: ogotcha / ogmem
      #6 ogame.de 137G TD/64G profit: https://ogmem.com/show/349679
      #7 ogame.de 130G/48G profit: ogmem.com/show/452903

The post was edited 1 time, last by umakhelwane ().

• The only change that would make sense is to forbid the player who just left the VM from being attacked, and from attacking, for a period of time, eg. 12 hours.
      This has already been suggested. It is a great way of fleeters not being able to quickly leave vm, crash unsuspecting/unprepared fleets and go back into vmode.

That change would give a fighting chance against such players. No brainer really.
    • @ Piink, here are your options:

1. Extend vmode option from 48 to 72 hours.
      2. Include a 1 to 2 hour attack ban eliminating gorilla tactics but still allowing both sides to probe.
      3. Send a mass universe message announcing players that are coming out of vmode.
      4. In your policy/terms and conditions, include stipulations pertaining to prolonged vmode options. "Accounts will no longer be protected by DM and will be forced deleted after 3 months of inactivity."
      5. If attack bans are included, consider maybe adding a DM option forcing players to pay XXX amount to avoid the 1 to 2 hour attack ban. If players want to continue will gorilla tactics, they will now have to literally pay for it. Of course, this is not after a mass universe message has been sent. :)

On a different note and to avoid trolling, If you wish to have my insight pertaining to MD's, multi's, and ship development. Feel free to send me a pm. I'll gladly provide my assistance.
      RIPs Destroyed:

Alliances Defeated:
      Felon
      LOS
      SLW
      Poor
      Unity

The post was edited 1 time, last by War_Machine ().