The V mode

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • @Arcstranger

      sorry, yes. my reply to you was positive, but then i went on to say things i've said before. i agreed with you that the game should be fun and not a burden. whatever the rights and wrongs of v mode, the fact remains that this is a recreational activity, and if people want some time away, so be it.
      MOST HATED RANK #2

      TOP 1 (solo) x 2 (ACS) x 1

      TOP 10 (solo) x 3 (ACS) x 9
      Super Adv x 64
      Adv x 290
      Basic x 1711
      RIP KILLS 6518



    • Grimm wrote:



      The only change in vmode that is plausible is to have the planets of the vmodders, namely those that have been inactive for over a month, to, after that same time, be transformed into RAIDING PLANETS, pretty much like real Inactives, the planet would have all it's original characteristics, like mines, solar plant, etc, but without defence and fleet or solar sats, this way we don't have to deal with thousands of slots occupied by planets that belong to vmodders that have been away from the game for god knows how long that are not serving ANY real purpose aside from... just being there.
      Ofc after the vmodder comes back, if he does, the planet will transform back to what it was and with it's original defences-fleet there.
      This way NOBODY, ABSOLUTELY NOBODY has anything to lose and the people who farm and put their time in the game to do so actually get rewarded and the game progresses. Ergo, everybody wins.
      This Would be GENIUS! GF could even leave the defenses in place just so that we'd have to wear them down, but a simple snapshot of inactive V-moded accounts at the time of the merge would be all GF would need. AND THEN only need to reconstitute those accounts that actually EVER come out of v-mode. I get so tired of v-mode walk aways.
    • Todays so called big players with big fleets are using vacation mode to avoid doing fleet save and spend deut.
      Also, there is tendency for aforementioned players to have a small "scout" accounts, they are searching for fleets laying and switching to a big accounts and launching.
      that is why is reasonable and desireable to increase a vacation mode duration from 2 days to even week or so, so either you play fairly or don't play at all
      Hated by a many, loved by a few, respected by everyone :thumbup:
    • u have monster fleet ?
      fs deut cost ?

      so ?

      u build that fleet so play it as ogamer

      it is not fair,follow some fs from other acc ,waiting that and come out from vm , instant moon ,start mistreatt some acc,ipm md bla bla ...than vm

      crush some cargo with ress at moon ,than...what now ...safe zone ,mammy im at home ...VM

      The post was edited 1 time, last by flyer: VM is ok and must be ...we all have rl so its natural ...but 7 days min ().

    • Grimm wrote:

      Leave VM as it is... This thread has made it blatantly clear that most people will not be happy with whatever changes are made.
      ye, vmode is good as it is. We have a problem with people abusing the rules and having multi accounts on same uni. Using one to find fleets sitting and hitting it with vmoded fleeter acc isn't really fair play... If you want to crash fleets, do your thing alone and stay out of blue for follow up consequences.
      Just saying, I dont really care about vmode stuff and just wanted to prologue this thread
    • @piink I think a fair compromise would be if a player enters v-mode they have to wait up to 4 to 6 hours to come back out but if they choose to stay in v-mode . after 4 days they get an eco. message stating the can return from v-mode 48 hours after the message is sent. which can be sent automatically at server reset.

      but as long as they come out after the 4 to 6 hour wait and then wait for a 2 hour cool down, they can then use the 4 to 6 hour v-mode or give it some time as some players are military or fire fighters in fire stricken zones and need longer times away from the game.

      for the players who will disagree with the 4 to 6 hour v- mode short time . they players who use it could use or pay 500 units of DM. and have the choice to use paid or found dm when wanting to come out in the 4 to 6 hour time frame. to be fair.

      I'm not pretty I'm not graceful I am the inevitable fact of truth.there is no unwinnable situation.
      ogame.support.gameforge.com/en
    • i like the short v mode idea

      but not sure why - on the long v mode - the eco msg comes after 4 days.

      that would make v mode minimum 6 days

      MOST HATED RANK #2

      TOP 1 (solo) x 2 (ACS) x 1

      TOP 10 (solo) x 3 (ACS) x 9
      Super Adv x 64
      Adv x 290
      Basic x 1711
      RIP KILLS 6518



    • Vmoding for 4 to 6 hours is, in my opinion, a fucking awful idea.

      Will kill the game as where do the opportunity for people who can actually play the game to hit people who are out of vmode onky when at pc?

      If those people could be out everyday and fs without risk.... Where is the balance?

      Ps. Why does the military or firefighters have more rights to things than a bin man? Their choice of career is irrelevant



      Arcane
      [Muppets] - Vega
      BIGGEST x2 hit in .org


    • Actually yes, I take back that earlier comment.

      I was thinking of my own current situation, where a short v mode would be ideal. But it would be used for ordinary routine fleet saving by everybody, regardless of RL circumstances.

      Let's just go with what the majority seem to favour on this thread - leave V mode as it is.
      MOST HATED RANK #2

      TOP 1 (solo) x 2 (ACS) x 1

      TOP 10 (solo) x 3 (ACS) x 9
      Super Adv x 64
      Adv x 290
      Basic x 1711
      RIP KILLS 6518



    • baal wrote:

      i like the short v mode idea

      but not sure why - on the long v mode - the eco msg comes after 4 days.

      that would make v mode minimum 6 days


      well the two day normal would be a floating v-mode and not a hard set. v-mode so at any time the player could come out. but if its been 4 days and the player has not come out then it sets the hard 48 hour v-mode.

      Blackmass wrote:

      for the players who will disagree with the 4 to 6 hour v- mode short time . they players who use it could use or pay 500 units of DM. and have the choice to use paid or found dm when wanting to come out in the 4 to 6 hour time frame. to be fair.
      As i mentioned if those of you who disagree with the free out in 4 to 6 hours then it can cost the player a choice of found or paid. DM. to come out


      -Arcane- wrote:

      Vmoding for 4 to 6 hours is, in my opinion, a fucking awful idea.

      Will kill the game as where do the opportunity for people who can actually play the game to hit people who are out of vmode onky when at pc?

      If those people could be out everyday and fs without risk.... Where is the balance?

      Ps. Why does the military or firefighters have more rights to things than a bin man? Their choice of career is irrelevant
      because Firefighters who get called out to fight a wild fire for weeks on end or Military that may get called to duty may be gone for months weeks or a year or more at a time. while most of us average folks can come and go from v-mode as needed and not have to lose mine production raid profits and so on. from prolonged v-mode. so your argument is a mute point tbh. but the input is appreciated .

      I'm not pretty I'm not graceful I am the inevitable fact of truth.there is no unwinnable situation.
      ogame.support.gameforge.com/en
    • -Arcane- wrote:

      Again. That career is their choice and not the responsibility of the game or society to provide kickbacks because they chose that path.

      You going to make concessions for people who goto prison? Or on summer break? Working on oil rigs?

      Nah.
      now your just being obtuse really I was using them as an example. other carrier fields have times they need prolonged absences from game. I assume your of the mind v-mode should just be x amount of time and after that they get kicked out of v-mode so they or you lose your hard work and efforts to build up your account. so basicly your arguing in circles with out making any real reason to your post. other than I don't like it. and that's fine. the simple truth is v-mode does need a change but setting a limited time for v-mode to last then being auto kicked out of v-mode is wrong and will hurt the game I am looking long term.

      But any way my point is that buy allowing players to spend 500 to 2500 found or paid DM to exit v-mode in a 4 to 6 hour window. is not unreasonable as well as giving players a 48 hour floater period where they can still pay a higher amount 5000 found or paid DM. to come out of v-mode or after a set time they are in normal v-mode. for the nominal 48 hours. this way none paying players who use found DM get the same advantage as paying players. balanced. in other words.

      I'm not pretty I'm not graceful I am the inevitable fact of truth.there is no unwinnable situation.
      ogame.support.gameforge.com/en

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Blackmass ().

    • I think we should put this to a poll....then we will know for sure. IMO a 6 hour cool down/ attack ban would be an easy way to deal with the vmode concerns, with the exception of ACS defends.

      Interesting concept with the short vacation mode @Blackmass. I see where you are coming from, but IMO I can already see a lot of abuse and more p2w.
      Hey, I know letssled attacks you a lot with his rips.......and I want to crash those rips a lot!