The V mode

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hey,
      I've noticed there is a growing request at Stomt to modify the V mode and set it up limited for x days per year or remove ir from inactives, etc.

I'd like to know what you guys think and also, if you feel like it leave your comments in there :) I'll be checking both platforms.

Thanks!
    • Same no for me..

i play when i wanna play and when i dont wanna play ill vmode, sometimes for 6 months at the time xD

so no vmode should stay the way it is
      Vogel!
      The God
      Walking with mankind..
      Love me, pray to me...
      And you will have my love!
    • Absolutely wouldn't want it limited for active players but would like accounts set for deletion to be ineligible for vacation mode. Most cases, vast amounts of resources and ships farmed from other players in a uni are just then wasted in deletion giving nothing back. In my entire time I have had 2 guys openly say "I'm quitting, account set for deletions so crash and raid what you can" to others. Likewise, when an account in vacation mode gets to within a week of the deletion point, it automatically comes out again.
    • We don't need a limit on how much time can be spent in VM. that would be counter-productive towards long-term players. We do need a limit on how soon after exiting VM you can enter again (say 48 or 72 hours being the very shortest period on the table here), or alternatively an attack-block from an account (both not necessarily to) of at least 12 hours after exiting VM.

Long story short, the game needs some sort of protected state (VM) but the game also desperately needs a rethinking of said system to combat the systemic abuse of the current VM system perpetrated by far too many bad players.
      56G TD, Top 1 solo
      61G TD, Top 1 ACS

Kamil wrote:

Authority and rules are created to be opposed :D
    • The game first needs the possibility for people like herr gonzo to survive without vmode but also without sacrificing their sleep. These guys will get MD'd completely on all moons with 100% MDs as soon as they stay out of vmode. Their only chance is to wake up every 1.5 hours or to vmode. Fix that first, then we can talk about limiting vmode usage.

Rumors are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots.

Virgo.de #1
    • I don’t v-mode often, but I agree I don’t think there should be a limit bc RL always comes first. I like the idea of taking all incActives out of v-mode. If they haven’t logged in for ‘x’ amount of days to there account, let us farm it :) . Maybe even send an email to the account and let them know ‘your account will leave v-mode in ‘x’ amount of days if you do not log in’. Just a thought
    • On balance, the v mode should remain as it is.

Infuriating as it is for a target to v mode I have always believed you should fit Ogame into your life rather than let Ogame run your life.

I appreciate that some players sort of abuse it, but again I suspect they are in the minority and we should live with that rather than lose any more players.

There are players who have lost their accounts as they "forgot" or were not able to renew their v mode, and putting time limits or restrictions in place could lead to even more lost accounts.
      ~The strong take from the weak, but the smart take from the strong~

U44/Quant/Jup/Betel HOF's = 570~ ~ ~475 Solo [10 Top 10] / 95 ACS [4 x #1 + 11 Top 10]
      ~~ RIP 6827+
    • Just make the v-mode period of 48 hours last longer the more people use it, and have it scale back when they actually play the game for a couple days/weeks ?

I do understand though that most people with a fleet in e.g. quantum have to rely on playing 14 hours, then v-moding for 48 hours just to not get all their moons popped, but it's not what v-mode should be used for to be honest ..
    • Just no from me too.
      As for inactive accounts getting v mode disabled also no. Do you forget there are many jobs out there that would make it near impossible to log back in or you know, some people travel for extended periods of time ect.

Found my old sig, credit go's to Delta ( not sure if he is even around still xD )
    • Bunnybasher wrote:

Just no from me too.
      As for inactive accounts getting v mode disabled also no. Do you forget there are many jobs out there that would make it near impossible to log back in or you know, some people travel for extended periods of time ect.

But if they reach the point of deletion should they not come out prior to being deleted? Gone either way.
    • MuTe wrote:

Bunnybasher wrote:

Just no from me too.
      But if they reach the point of deletion should they not come out prior to being deleted? Gone either way.

That is where the paid DM comes in so they can stay v moded for as long as they need

Found my old sig, credit go's to Delta ( not sure if he is even around still xD )
    • As frustrating as vmode fleeters are, I can't think of a good way to balance it that would satisfy everyone. However, I think there is something in making vmode inactives better. Here's my suggestion:

When an account is in vmode and goes 7d+ inactive, their planets starts to show as Peaceful Planets. Peaceful Planets have been forgotten by their galactic emperors, their ships and defenses have fallen into disrepair, and are welcoming to visitors and share their resources.

Peaceful Planets start at 0 resources, and gain resources based on the energy/production settings/storage capacity of the planet when vmode was enabled. When scanned, they show as 0 techs, 0 ships (Solar Sats are active, but not visible), and 0 defense. Any particular Peaceful Planet can be "attacked" only once per 24h per player, and resources are collected at 100% for newbie accounts, 50% for accounts with eco score smaller than the vmoded account, and 10% for eco scores larger than the vmoded account.

When the account is no longer inactive, (whether it leaves vmode or not), is is no longer considered a Peaceful Planet. When the account comes out of vmode, they still have all of their resources/ships/defense/etc.

By disconnecting it from the actual resources on the account, you don't screw over someone who bought DM and stopped playing ogame for several months, but you allow the account to be used as a resource for smaller players to grow.
    • Dark Depresion wrote:

alternatively an attack-block from an account (both not necessarily to) of at least 12 hours after exiting VM.
      this is golden. The problem with vmode is that it´s needed for real-life purposes, but people (ab)use it for hit and run guerilla tactics. They can hit others, but others can´t hit them. If you can´t remove the only option of smaller players surviving against bigger, you can remove rewards from abusing the system by saying: hey, you can stay safe all you want, but if you want to hunt, you´re gonna have to risk a bit, give others a chance to hit you back. I´d put 24 hours for x1 fleet speed, 12 for x2, 6 for x4/5.

EDIT: Thinking about it, puting 6 hours in x4/5 would mean we´d get people popping out when their competition went to bed only to be ready when nobody can counter-attack.
      12 hours seems rational, gives time for the opposition to notice you and prepare, while still not being too long to defeat the purpose of staying safe. Should work in all speeds as well.

The post was edited 1 time, last by WhoDis ().

• Yes please... vmode accounts kill the game. If players aren’t playing any longer we should be able to farm them
      “War does not determine who is right — only who is left.”

GMOD but main sections are Polaris - Yildun, General and the SpamBoard
      My S/MOD is Rav3n so go annoy him if I have angered you!
    • Dark Depresion wrote:

We don't need a limit on how much time can be spent in VM. that would be counter-productive towards long-term players. We do need a limit on how soon after exiting VM you can enter again (say 48 or 72 hours being the very shortest period on the table here), or alternatively an attack-block from an account (both not necessarily to) of at least 12 hours after exiting VM.

Long story short, the game needs some sort of protected state (VM) but the game also desperately needs a rethinking of said system to combat the systemic abuse of the current VM system perpetrated by far too many bad players.
      Totaly agree with this - there should be attack ban when you exit the v mode and the reason is this:

For example a group of people or alliance is hunting someone so they went v mode ( hidding there ) then when they need to come out for MD - they can pop moons and this way the targeted guy could be aware of this if he see ( MD accounts out of v mode ;) )

The exploit of accounts going out of v mode after the period of deletion is also negative in my opinion a specially if the account comes back to life after fleet is crashed and all what was damaged is returned back :rofl:

Some people spent all DM on accounts and said thats it im not buying anymore - it wouldnt be fair to them

We can talk about this day and night but the majority problem is this:

- To many new uni opening one after another - so people gets crashed in one and they rage quit - v mode and move forward to other one ( this is good for gameforge ) - lets face the reality most of DM purchases is done in the begining of the new uni :P
      -Accounts coming out of v mode before the deletion ( how to balance this ) if it is done straight 30 days after reset the most would profit the people who play at that specific time line

And the last thing what i wanted to say is this ( dont get me wrong here ) - there should be a system if you want to quit specific uni so you could buy or sell account on gameforge website,this way you could get some of the money you spent returned to you if you want to move to new uni and account would be passed on to new player to play ( also talking that gameforge should charge for any transaction with accounts ) and the price should be somehow charged or given in DM on your email - would this keep uni maybe more alive i say a little bit not much - but the main problem here is buying accounts to push yourself :headbanging: thats why i think there is no way to balance this ever

More then this after we got voting polls and changing specs of the uni we should be more concentrated on merging the UNI and stop opening new uni and limit that for example every 4-6 months :thumbsup:

And please dont get me wrong again with what i wrote 8)
      In the case of emergency - in my wallet is Nickname and password for my account - please V mode me :rofl:
    • Vmode is one of the issues that never will please every one, Its like air conditioning !!

It can be annoying when people only play from vmode pop out smash and pop back in, rinse and repeat it make it difficult to organise anything against them, but again this is a game and some people dont have the time to be around, people do have lives,

One thing as well which I think is better changed is 100% MD chance, if thats a factor forcing people in to vmode coz that the only way they can have any chance of keep them selves safe, then why would you not

And no we should not be turning of Vmode for people who go inactive,

Ill give a couple of reason
      1 What about people who are in the armed forces, Who get deployed over seas
      2 illness, or and accident,

just no
      "In the End, We Will Remember Not The Screams Of Our Enemies, But the Silence Of Our Friends".
    • Narcotics wrote:

Vmode is one of the issues that never will please every one, Its like air conditioning !!

It can be annoying when people only play from vmode pop out smash and pop back in, rinse and repeat it make it difficult to organise anything against them, but again this is a game and some people dont have the time to be around, people do have lives,

One thing as well which I think is better changed is 100% MD chance, if thats a factor forcing people in to vmode coz that the only way they can have any chance of keep them selves safe, then why would you not

And no we should not be turning of Vmode for people who go inactive,

Ill give a couple of reason
      1 What about people who are in the armed forces, Who get deployed over seas
      2 illness, or and accident,

just no
      Agreed. I'll be taking several exams (professional exam) over the next year or two. The I'll probably go into vmode a month before them so I don't have to worry about my fleet while I finish prepping for them. I only use vmode once or twice a year and usually only for a couple days....if you're going to force people out of vmode, sitting rules need to be overhauled.
    • i don't agree with making changes to v mode

people should be free to play as and when they can.

attack bans - also no.

it's part of the game to be aware of who has v moded and who has come out. giving people 12 hours to prepare ... ?

how ridiculous is that, lol.

they should be prepared for an attack at all times, from any player. i don't see any value in adding attack bans.

TOP 1 (solo) x 2 (ACS) x 1
      TOP 10 (solo) x 3 (ACS) x 9
      Super Adv x 61
      Adv x 282
      Basic x 1693

RIP KILLS 6281

The post was edited 1 time, last by baal ().