Are raiding scripts legal?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Are raiding scripts legal?

Me and some buddies have been watching some top 100 players raid inactives like mad for 24 hrs, 7 days a week on lanx.
      A boring task for an active player. An easy task for a script... especially if the waves are within 1 or 2 secs of each other on the same target or another.

Are these scripts legal?
      If not... when will players start getting banned?
      There is also an attack notification add-on with chrome which send a notifications to a player to log in etc. Is this also legal?
      Since 2008
      Uni 1, 20, 29, 30, 38, 40, 44>uni 1, Taurus>uni1, Kallisto, Quantum

Posted HoFs in Taurus since April 2016: 177 (merged 2018)
      Posted HoFs in merged uni 1 since November 2018: 23
      Posted HoFs in Zibal since Jan 2019: 48
    • Ya the worst part is with these players they don't even probe and send the same cargos to the same inactives everyday. I mean i farm inactives probably 18 hrs a day but its easy to see i mass probe and manually enter the attacks. But like you say tony its hard to get concrete proof so i just snake thier cargos when i can :D
      Uni 1
      Zibal
      ~RIP Taurus~
    • Just to respond to what has been said above,

Not every one that raids inactives are cheating, and no you don't have to probe your farms every day to check what res is there, If you are farming them regular enough just click 100 SC and send,

Im not saying no one cheats,a very few might be using a script but i certainly dont think is nearly as much as people make out,

Also you have to remember for a Uni like Uni 1 I know my farms and don't find it boring to send out 120 raids a day when time allows
      "In the End, We Will Remember Not The Screams Of Our Enemies, But the Silence Of Our Friends".
    • threeflipskat3r wrote:

see I was wondering this, can you save a targets list in AGO of inactives that you can just click the cords and it selects the attack? if so then maybe Im just a noob with AGO thinking these guys are cheats lol
      There is 'Standard target' settings in AGO, maximum 9 planets per your planet. I sometimes raid(send 400 SC without probings) with my mobile phone. Firefox AGO works on mobile.

The most expensive probing ever in ogame.org - by unloaded :rofl:
    • Never use any scripts or add ons here so don't know that much, but does sound like cheating to me

Going to guess a script like that would send the same amount of cargos to the same set(s) of inactives daily which is surely a bad way to play anyway since inactives have very varying amounts of ress on, unless the script knows the amount of ress on the inactives and only sends cargos if the ress is over a specific amount (say 2mil)
      High ranked miner, been playing way too long.
      Also have a Youtube channel with the same name (MCW UK), and I buy deut at 2.4/1.4/1
    • Wait what..... you can get AGO on mobile!?!?! Dear god between this now and topraider i will really have no life haha. Good to know about the standard target thing ill have to play around with AGO more, that answers a lot of my questions i thought it was a automated raiding script
      Uni 1
      Zibal
      ~RIP Taurus~
    • threeflipskat3r wrote:

Wait what..... you can get AGO on mobile!?!?! Dear god between this now and topraider i will really have no life haha. Good to know about the standard target thing ill have to play around with AGO more, that answers a lot of my questions i thought it was a automated raiding script
      You can get AGO on Android, unfortunately not on iPhone.
    • AGO does alot of things, i use the basics of AGO, i have a friend who uses AGO to FS, like a "standard" FS, he just clicks couple buttons for FS.

as for the list of players to attack, yes im sure AGO can do it, but still need manual input for it to happen, i would suggest a script wthat does it would have set times for set attacks? or they just run through a list of co-ords to attack with set amount cargoes? i never used or even seen a ogame script so i no idea

but it is funny, surely ogame could change some code to stop the "known" scripts from working then?

does any1 remember ogame used to ask you "are you a bot" if you was online too much? or if doing something constantly the same? i remember having to answer a question to prove i wasnt a bot after being logged in for too long, dont get it now, and im logged in a good 16hours a day (logged in but not always clicking overview)