Set Carbon Free

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I my self tend to stay away from Carbon in game because he is skilled - should that mean I wish him banned from speaking or posting his hits on the board ---NO

I feel this board is very much a part of IN GAME play and to take the thrill of posting a HIT on players in combat is WRONG. Its destroying the thrill of the game .

I understand that the staff are only following rules -- but I as well know that we are asking that Carbon and Others be given another chance, I've said this before to ban a player PERMANENT is CRAZY as in some countries you can KILL some one and only get a couple YEARS.

Ogame is nothing like the death of a human being !!

a RESET should be made of peoples banns, EVERY YEAR their ban notices should be RESET to ZERO .

IF you really want to keep people playing the game and have the gloating power of measuring fleet crashes and knowledge.

So Staff I am respectfully putting forward to those that can alter banns to please consider his FREEDOM to the boards as well others that have been banned .

4 rip kills
    2 Ninja's
    1 moon

The post was edited 2 times, last by Serenity ().

• Guys.....Carbon has to put in a request himself. How that request goes is out of our hands. I'm assuming the reason he hasn't been un-banned is, I don't know, maybe because although 50 of you want him un-banned, there are 50 who report every other post he makes watching for rule violations like hawks. As usual, everyone thinks we "target people" and are scouring the forum for stuff. I always scratch my head when one of your "friends" reports your post, you get warned for it, then you get mad at us ?( :hmm:

• Marshmello we know its out of some hands, and we know people like you volunteer and do a good job.
    We think Perm banns are way to far, even if some of the people banned :censored: us off . -- looks all lady like whispering I thunk a dirty word --

What we are asking as all you mods enter your private round table chats (knowing you guys share thoughts and new ideas to better the game) is to consider the Un Banning of players that are Perm Banned from the board.

Not only Carbon but Others as well.

Take Note of the People wishing him un banned ( the little :censored: even Nuked me ) -- I thunk another dirty word -
    I know the board can some times make you and the other mods pull hair out, -but come on and admit that some of it is FUNNY ! ( lets be honest now !)

maybe instead of perm ban pick a point system and if they violate ithe amount of points before the year is up, ban them for the remaining time of the year -- then in a years time RESET the Points. Even the Lord forgives people !!

4 rip kills
    2 Ninja's
    1 moon

The post was edited 2 times, last by Serenity ().

• I hear you, and we can certainly bring this up for discussion among our green team, but at the end of the day its in the hands of higher power at GF. Carbon and others' un-banning is not our decision, and we can only do so much.

One thing people don't ever understand or acknowledge is the report system. Lets say, for example, you have a big angry thread between oh, I don't know, baal and bibas - that was usually SUCH a casual thread. Sure, it might be amusing and fun for everybody, but not for us. For us, we get each and every single post reported to us by 15 different people. Then, because we get reports so much we are forced to act, you get baal and bibas on a witch hunt against US, when we are just having to go by the reports. Sorry, we signed up for this, so we are going to do our jobs.

Maybe something that should be considered is conducting yourselves appropriately and acting like adults, then us greenies can join in on the fun more. Its extremely crazy to think of, but you can actually have casual banter and rivalries while also acting like adults and being respectful. I do it every day with good friends who like opposing sports teams.

• Hears the name Baal and Bibas -- then whispers say its not so !!

We understand and-- I do hope that you bring this matter up to the other green team -- I don't know your point system and how many times he was warned or if it was with the same person or on the same thread, tempers can flair and maybe a 24 hour shut your mouth Carbon could of been done ( It would be nice to have those not count as violations but cooling off time)

We really don't mean to make things worse for you guys its the power of the key board and expressing our selves please take that in consideration as well .

Thank you for listening to our views and wishes over some of the Perm Bans ---Marshmello and the Other Staff that may reply after this post .

4 rip kills
    2 Ninja's
    1 moon
  • Serenity wrote:

Hears the name Baal and Bibas -- then whispers say its not so !!

We understand and-- I do hope that you bring this matter up to the other green team -- I don't know your point system and how many times he was warned or if it was with the same person or on the same thread, tempers can flair and maybe a 24 hour shut your mouth Carbon could of been done ( It would be nice to have those not count as violations but cooling off time)

We really don't mean to make things worse for you guys its the power of the key board and expressing our selves please take that in consideration as well .

Thank you for listening to our views and wishes over some of the Perm Bans ---Marshmello and the Other Staff that may reply after this post .
    Unfortunately Serenity, not all who critique us are respectful about it. Shocking, those other people are usually ignored :) Thank you for being respectful to us.

• TL;DR: Carbon won't be unbanned anytime soon. For him the same rules for ban appeals apply as for everyone else (like Blizzard or Mike).

Every user can appeal his ban after a certain time, after that this user is left with 0 chances, if he breaks the rules again, that's it.
    As some think that you don't get enough shots at improving your behaviour on the board and not reach the 3rd ban, carbon has in total 16 warnings/notices combined, 9 of those in 2018. The number included the ones revoked by the system because they expired but not the ones revoked by Smods/BAs.
    His second last warning that caused his ban was the one on this post: [TOT: 5.614.855.500] Arcane [MUPPETS] vs. v1rus [Armada] (A: 973.665.000, D: 4.641.190.500)
    Part of the warningtext he recieved from me was this:
    From now on you aren't allowed to post anything in the Vega Sections anymore except your own hits and comments on those.

Also this is your last warning, the next warning will result in a ban.
    Still he didn't follow the simple guideline I gave him, which caused his 3rd ban.

Board Admin
    OGame-Tech Chief
  • Geez, Guys, calm down. Staff is never out with the aim to get as many people off the boards as possible, but at times it happens that someone just doesn't know when to stop. The issue is usually that due to different backgrounds some people don't see any problems with those posts, whereas others do, and the staff's task ist to look at them and decide on it. I get it that quite a few like the person in question, but it doesn't change the fact that he willingly and knowingly chose to go further and further, despite being told time and again not to. As he has collected so many warnings and previous shorter bans, and still goes on like this, then there need to be consequences at some point.

Also do not forget that this is an open forum. You might not realize that there are kids reading. A perm ban is always issued in cases of repeated offences when it becomes clear that the person won't stop and doesn't really care.

He can contest the ban and contact NoMoreAngel, anyone else cannot affect the ban.
    Gone as BA.

Thank you ruby_kirby, you are a true artist. :)
    Be head to serve, not to reign(Bernard von Clairvaux)
  • I have to admit this is one of the very few times the green team has explained or even commented on an issue like this. I know most times you can't, but kudos for trying! Really you guys/gals are like a referee......one side hates you and one side loves you. Tough job....
    Hey, I know letssled attacks you a lot with his rips.......and I want to crash those rips a lot!
  • Thank you --- Marshmello, NoMoreAngel, Iris, and Cassandra Vandales for answering some questions as well going a little deeper on the banning issue.

NoMoreAngel - I really do Appreciate you speaking on the issue being as you had some part in the warnings issued .

after listening to his appeal to you and the other staff. All of us know we can be bad and our tempers flair as I have said before .

- I am sure he/and Others will listen.

p.s -- if the staff would front me 5000 rippers I can smack him every time he is bad -- Innocent look -- j/k Carbon !

I hope this gets resolved for the betterment of the game and the fun of showing off hits and skills, I am more then sure this is the staffs goal as well.

Buys a bottle of aspirin for any headaches I may cause in the future for all the mods !
    not thinking that will happen because most the time I am peaceful.

Req I don't doubt that many wish him to return as we can not stand them when they play and miss them when they are banned and excitement and thrill of being able to post hits and get under each others skin chuckling in the back ground.

4 rip kills
    2 Ninja's
    1 moon

The post was edited 1 time, last by Serenity ().

• What Big Gay Al is trying to say is

"please please please be bffs with us, Carbon. There's no other way we can deal with Big Boss because we're such a bunch of useless numpties and we can feel the walls closing in on us, boo-hoo-hoo"

@Al, i recieved your regards from IAA yesterday, cheers buddy, I heard he probed you and you accused him of reporting back to me.

LOL have you a little paranoid do I? This pleases me
    Instagram : Dasar_Bule (adidas collection display)
  • the baal vs bibas thing was a nightmare.

several times i offered him a troll truce, but he was unstoppable.

we have similar sounding names, and i have often been accused of doing and saying things which were actually bibas.

both valent and marshmello have done that.

i hope it has been noted that i have not taken advantage of the fact bibas can no longer make comments. obviously i mention him from time to time - he's a big player and he owns a fleet that i would like to see brought down.

but trolling a banned player is a cheap thing to do.

maybe those who persist in dragging carbon's name through the mud (in Vega) could bear this in mind.

it is neither big, nor clever, to sling verbal punches at a guy with no (forum) teeth.
    MOST HATED RANK #2

TOP 1 (solo) x 2 (ACS) x 1

TOP 10 (solo) x 3 (ACS) x 9
    Super Adv x 64
    Adv x 290
    Basic x 1711
    RIP KILLS 6518

The post was edited 1 time, last by baal ().

• Abraxas wrote:

I want Carbon back - he is a dedicated Ogame player - one of the best. There are players out there that are much worse than him because of their total jealousy and fear of his ability to nail them.

Fancy even putting a permanent ban on a player who only defends himself on the forum especially a player who makes the game fun and interesting.
    Althou i disagree with everything you're saying or stand for, i voted yes, i love to read carby's posts, speacially the one about "oh no, i rarely play ogame, i usually spend my time helping poor people", that one made my day :D :D :D :D :D . And i really want more days like that, so, that beeing said:

WE WANT CARBY, THE UNDERDOG HERO, THE DEFENDER OF THE POOR AND OPRESSED BACK IN HERE :D :D :D
    AKA Eye of the Beholder Uni30
  • actually, we noticed that on the straw poll set up by weird al, about 20 NO votes appeared in a matter of seconds.

somebody using a VPN?

polls are too easy to rig, as we found by the universe specs change farce.

i prefer the ideas suggested by serenity. people should be shut out for a cool down period, and if that doesn't work - banned until the end of the year when the warnings are all reset to zero.

i don't like the idea that small infringements should all add up to a perma ban. in RL, a petty thief wouldn't receive the Death Penalty because he's been caught shop-lifting several times.
    MOST HATED RANK #2

TOP 1 (solo) x 2 (ACS) x 1

TOP 10 (solo) x 3 (ACS) x 9
    Super Adv x 64
    Adv x 290
    Basic x 1711
    RIP KILLS 6518