Rigel Merge Thread

    • Misc

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • I think you have a better chance of getting mauled by a polar bear in the middle of the Sahara desert than this going through
      “War does not determine who is right — only who is left.”

      GMOD but main sections are Polaris - Yildun, General and the SpamBoard
      My S/MOD is Rav3n so go annoy him if I have angered you!
    • Njmatt10,
      No, it's not.
      However it's a joke to merge a 1x universe with several 2x and 7x ones.

      clittle,
      a year ago we would think something like you've said if someone would suggest merging 1x and 2x and 6x and 7x universes.
      Also the last time they merged similar universes only and the change of eco speed happened after the merge.

      Ofc I don't expect them to implement all the measures. I just hope they will do some of what I propose, it costs them nothing and will give us some leeway to catch up with the other unis' progress.
    • WOW. I doubt they have the capacity to modify the game in such a manner. I'm almost 100% positive they can't make special rules like that so that if I attack you it takes longer vs. if I attacked someone from Taurus... I'm going to go ahead and say this with a fair amount of certainty. You're in the minority of people from Rigel who are actually complaining about his merge. Most others are jumping for joy.

      I'll echo what clittle said..better chance of being eaten by whale in the middle the amazon forest.
    • j2pift wrote:

      Njmatt10,
      No, it's not.
      However it's a joke to merge a 1x universe with several 2x and 7x ones.

      clittle,
      a year ago we would think something like you've said if someone would suggest merging 1x and 2x and 6x and 7x universes.
      Also the last time they merged similar universes only and the change of eco speed happened after the merge.

      Ofc I don't expect them to implement all the measures. I just hope they will do some of what I propose, it costs them nothing and will give us some leeway to catch up with the other unis' progress.

      Im sorry you were serious about that, because there is zero chance of that happening lol.
    • j2pift wrote:

      Njmatt10,
      No, it's not.
      However it's a joke to merge a 1x universe with several 2x and 7x ones.

      clittle,
      a year ago we would think something like you've said if someone would suggest merging 1x and 2x and 6x and 7x universes.
      Also the last time they merged similar universes only and the change of eco speed happened after the merge.

      Ofc I don't expect them to implement all the measures. I just hope they will do some of what I propose, it costs them nothing and will give us some leeway to catch up with the other unis' progress.
      Man, u have something very wrong wit u - like seriously. ?( ?(
      HoF Records

      Total HoFs Won - >1000
      HoFs Lost - >100
      Basic - >700
      Advanced - >300
      Super Advanced - >100
      Top 10s - 27
      .Org Top 10s - Lost Count
      RIPs Killed - >10,000
      Moons Destroyed - >50
      Games Ended - Countless

    • Njmatt10 wrote:

      j2pift wrote:

      Njmatt10,
      No, it's not.
      However it's a joke to merge a 1x universe with several 2x and 7x ones.

      clittle,
      a year ago we would think something like you've said if someone would suggest merging 1x and 2x and 6x and 7x universes.
      Also the last time they merged similar universes only and the change of eco speed happened after the merge.

      Ofc I don't expect them to implement all the measures. I just hope they will do some of what I propose, it costs them nothing and will give us some leeway to catch up with the other unis' progress.
      Im sorry you were serious about that, because there is zero chance of that happening lol.
      i mean after all, he does choose to name hisself clit...

      Look for me on#Knuck in IRC.

      <+umakhelwane>Sarsa is the reason he talks like that anyway.blame him.it's always Sarsa
      <@Florence>I like that reasoning
      <+Sarsaparilla>EVERYTHING is my fault
    • It seems that noboby likes the idea of equalisation, so idea shelved.
      .

      johocknut wrote:

      WOW. I doubt they have the capacity to modify the game in such a manner. I'm almost 100% positive they can't make special rules like that so that if I attack you it takes longer vs. if I attacked someone from Taurus...
      looks like you are informed and have sources, I pass.


      johocknut wrote:

      ... You're in the minority of people from Rigel who are actually complaining about his merge. oy. ...
      what ???
      I've never said I don't want the merge. What I suggested is that something should be given to all Rigel players as a temporary fix. The 'all' means 1388.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by j2pift ().

    • I will put my 2 cents in the ring for a minute (TO ALL THOSE WHO VOTED NO ON THE ECO INCREASE MONTHS AGO hind sight is 20/20 feel a little dense or like you'r missing part of your foot. well you failed to look forward and this is the result every one of you that voted against the eco increase bent the rest of us over dry ) rant off. now I look forward to meting new players and making new friends and potential rivals too. and to having some good fun. playing catch up and follow the leader. :P

      and yes I believe all active rigel players should receive 3 free metal mine upgrades across all planets 2 levels of crystal mine up grades across all planets and 1 deut mine upgrade across all planets and one level of each research added to their accounts except for astro. < to big a jump to be fair. as well as 3k lc and 5 k sc. 4k recyclers 500 bc 250 desy 1500 lf 2k probes 15 rips and 300 crsrs added to their fleets as well. to off set the vast differences in the average level of accounts from the other unis we will be merged with . since Rigel received no eco increase to allow us to keep in balance with the other uni.s even when a lower passing thresh hold was requested.


      I'm not pretty I'm not graceful I am the inevitable fact of truth.there is no unwinnable situation.
      ogame.support.gameforge.com/en
    • @Sarsaparilla... it’s my first initial and last name combined c little... has no reference to what you just referred to

      On topic I would like to point out that I think Bill’s suggestion is much more do’able with the extra mines and fleet. Now do I think it will happen? I’m not gonna hold my breath, but I believe it’s a much easier possibility vs the first suggestion and I while I believe it still wouldn’t get us close to catching up it would be a good start. And yes, I think if our first eco boost poll would have went through we would be in a better situation and I do sort of blame the no votes since they couldn’t look far enough ahead in the future to make a better decision.
      “War does not determine who is right — only who is left.”

      GMOD but main sections are Polaris - Yildun, General and the SpamBoard
      My S/MOD is Rav3n so go annoy him if I have angered you!
    • clittle wrote:

      @Sarsaparilla... it’s my first initial and last name combined c little... has no reference to what you just referred to

      On topic I would like to point out that I think Bill’s suggestion is much more do’able with the extra mines and fleet. Now do I think it will happen? I’m not gonna hold my breath, but I believe it’s a much easier possibility vs the first suggestion and I while I believe it still wouldn’t get us close to catching up it would be a good start. And yes, I think if our first eco boost poll would have went through we would be in a better situation and I do sort of blame the no votes since they couldn’t look far enough ahead in the future to make a better decision.
      I know that bruv, I am simply living up to me rank, of being trull...

      on topic, I think whatever y'all think is best, is best !!!

      Look for me on#Knuck in IRC.

      <+umakhelwane>Sarsa is the reason he talks like that anyway.blame him.it's always Sarsa
      <@Florence>I like that reasoning
      <+Sarsaparilla>EVERYTHING is my fault
    • Well I am looking forward to the merge and it will take work to catch up to others. my above post as irratic as it may be has some points but can't be taken to seriously.
      still working on getting back to me. the newer unis would need a boost as well.

      I'm not pretty I'm not graceful I am the inevitable fact of truth.there is no unwinnable situation.
      ogame.support.gameforge.com/en
    • since we are all talking about catch up advantages

      how about they give me extra ships so that i can catch up with bibas

      in fact - lets not end it there

      its not fair that akula has more ships than me. how bout a merge bonus that makes me equal with him?

      stop being so silly.

      nobody is gonna get any of these things.

      this game has never been fair. why expect it to be fair now?
      MOST HATED RANK #2

      TOP 1 (solo) x 2 (ACS) x 1

      TOP 10 (solo) x 3 (ACS) x 9
      Super Adv x 64
      Adv x 290
      Basic x 1711
      RIP KILLS 6518



    • @Blackmass,
      at that time no one could guess that FailForge will merge dissimilar universes. Merging with other domains would be a reasonable step. Didn't happen now, probably next time.

      Regarding Rigel I tend to agree, however what you suggest is some kind of free resources will be given to us and resources are goods for sale. I wouldn't mind if they give away res or fleet to Rigel ...
      Atm all we can do is to hope that something more than the usual 3 free relocations will be given, just to decrease the grumble in the forum.
      With some collective action perhaps we can get something more, at least we can try.


      @johocknut,
      could you please comment on this:

      Master Yoda wrote:

      ... Probe storage: 10 ...
      source.
    • when all your big ass uni 44 accounts (plus andro) came barrelling into the weak and tiny Rigel ...

      i can't remember any of you people being particularly upset about it.

      so what's changed?
      MOST HATED RANK #2

      TOP 1 (solo) x 2 (ACS) x 1

      TOP 10 (solo) x 3 (ACS) x 9
      Super Adv x 64
      Adv x 290
      Basic x 1711
      RIP KILLS 6518



    • and

      your point is ...

      that you are significantly smaller than accounts in the new merge universe. correct?

      the original Rigel members had a different reason - age of universe.

      but at the end of the day, its all the same thing. nobody wants to be swamped by huge accounts.

      it wasn't fair when you all turned up

      it isn't fair now.

      it will never be fair. the only difference is that now the boot is on the other foot.
      MOST HATED RANK #2

      TOP 1 (solo) x 2 (ACS) x 1

      TOP 10 (solo) x 3 (ACS) x 9
      Super Adv x 64
      Adv x 290
      Basic x 1711
      RIP KILLS 6518



    • Baal,
      The weak and tiny (and then relatively new) Rigel had the usual 500k protections, I agree that it was harsh for them to merge with Andro+Barym+Capella+...
      However it would be equally harsh to be left alone with 50(?) active accounts.

      This time we will have to compete (and hopefuly survive) against superior economies with huge stockpile of resources, guess who's gonna win in an attrition warfare.

      As a mere 2x eco uni I thought you would be on our side, perhaps you could gain something should GF decided to soften the impact.
    • well, maybe i'm a bit irritated with what i consider to be the most boring aspect of all merges.

      the posturing.

      that ... and the first 3 weeks of it, which i call the Idiot Period.

      anyway, carry on ...

      maybe you'll get something.
      MOST HATED RANK #2

      TOP 1 (solo) x 2 (ACS) x 1

      TOP 10 (solo) x 3 (ACS) x 9
      Super Adv x 64
      Adv x 290
      Basic x 1711
      RIP KILLS 6518



      The post was edited 1 time, last by baal ().