Pinned Merge 2018 Discussion Thread

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Assuming this is built in concrete and that nothing we say will have the slightest impact on the outcome it is a pointless discussion.

The major concern should be that those of us that will end up with more than 1 account in the target uni will no doubt have to delete one or more accounts as there is no way we will be able to find a handful of of new owners, let alone enough to accommodate the numbers of multiple accounts.

Also, I hope that the v moded and inactive accounts will be the last to move otherwise there will be mass relocations as systems get constipated.
      ~The strong take from the weak, but the smart take from the strong~

U44/Quant/Jup/Betel HOF's = 575~ ~ ~480 Solo [10 Top 10] / 95 ACS [4 x #1 + 11 Top 10]
      ~~ RIP 7007+
    • i really want to know some more news about the trading sistem .will it be ready for merge or not?i have a few friends that wont play and i have a few friends that want some accounts...and i cant help either...and those acc just rot in there for months cause i cant give them to the other people who want to play them:( it just sucks....please make this posible.this issue is quite concerning atm...
      Display Spoiler
      Univ Japetus - On
      Hof's - 162
      Ninja's - 7
      Adv Solo - 69
      Adv Acs - 15
      Rip Kill - 1441
      To 10 Acs - 12
      Top 10 Solo - 8
      New Nr. 1 Hit Acs - 1
      New Nr. 1 Hit Solo - 1
      Univ Betelgeuse.org - On
      Hof's - 36
      Ninja - 6
      Adv Solo - 2
      Adv Acs - 1
      RipKill - 2087
      Top 10 Acs - 1
      Univ40 - Off
      Hof’s – 170
      Adv Solo – 21
      Adv Acs – 11
      Rip Kill – 270
      Top 10 Solo – 1
      Top 10 Acs - 6
      New Nr.1 Hits - 3

• blondu wrote:

i really want to know some more news about the trading sistem .will it be ready for merge or not?i have a few friends that wont play and i have a few friends that want some accounts...and i cant help either...and those acc just rot in there for months cause i cant give them to the other people who want to play them:( it just sucks....please make this posible.this issue
      @Blankie @NoMoreAngel nice question..when we will be allowed to exchange accounts?
    • A mod on .de commented that you should just delete your accounts in the target uni, to prevent any issues

So I guess they wont have the account trade option ready :^)

(on a serious note, the GA over there commented that in case you already have an account in the target uni, GF might be able to provide an emergency target uni, but this might result in you being put in a really bad uni for your account)
      Antares.de - der kleine Prinz
      Relocate timeback: ogmem.com/show/334008
      ogotcha / ogmem (TD: 57 bil)
      https://ogmem.com/show/349679 (TD: 137 bil)
      ogmem.com/show/452903 (TD: 130 bil)
      ogmem.com/show/523694 (TD: 57 bil)

• Why can't Cygnus be the only Target universe? @piink @Blankie

Reason being, Oberon just has 2 big account that are working together "Atilla" and "Z4p4lk4".

Cygnus has competition, more eco... if need be you could increase the speed to 5x fleet, 7x eco. I don't want anyone to miss on a great merger and I feel Oberon will be missing out.

Don't let the game play you, instead of that Vmode fleetsave and play the game whenever you want.

Arhangelo/Saw: u are too dangerous.. even while moon shoting

Flops of the Century:

RinTinuNinu Poor 20.543.567 -75.388.042
      Karma Closed 15.952.274 -61.024.373
      Venku Ordo Closed 36.238.268 -17.684.415
    • MikeGrinder6 wrote:

Why can't Cygnus be the only Target universe? @piink @Blankie

Reason being, Oberon just has 2 big account that are working together "Atilla" and "Z4p4lk4".

Cygnus has competition, more eco... if need be you could increase the speed to 5x fleet, 7x eco. I don't want anyone to miss on a great merger and I feel Oberon will be missing out.
      just Atilla,z4p or second Atillas acc is perm banned
    • Why does it appear that multiple unis are merging into one uni and there is no choice for where to go? I have 6 accounts and will probably lose some this time around that are active and I will probably just kill them off if I don't get enough choices.

Merging is NOT the answer for keeping old unis alive. You need new players in old unis, gradually increasing ECO settings over time for the unis would be better so that new players have a jump start in the uni no matter when they join. Smaller Mines produce higher return for the cost so a smaller account could build up faster in this situation than the older accounts originally could and instead of killing off unis, you would then have more active unis. All the while, the higher ranked accounts would still be able to compete providing a balance to the universe no matter when someone joins. I had submitted this suggestion a while ago.

++Before 1st Merge++
      ---Uni 4--------Uni 5--------Uni 12-------Uni 22------Jupiter---
      ranked 21---ranked 9---ranked 18---ranked 21---ranked 40

++Before 2nd Merge++
      ---Uni 1------Uni 20------Uni 30------Uni 44------Jupiter------Taurus---
      ranked 39--ranked 28--ranked 23--ranked 71--ranked 25--ranked 31

As a Hobby I trade Forex, anyone else that trades feel free to contact me as I would love to discuss trading strategies.
    • -Arcane- wrote:

Its going to be tough on a few, granted.

Happy it's happening but I feel we need to sort splitting lobby's and account trading too
      This is very true as there will be people like me droping maybe over 70 ranks but the way i see it is its best to have a chance to grow and have some more fun playing the game then keeping things stale !

im glad with the settings in the merge and inactives being dragged along is also a great touch.. i also think many of the problems people are posing are answered in the merge post, people will just have to be patient :D
    • threeflipskat3r wrote:

I feel like the Devs are just pissy we crapped on their Oclock idea so now they are like "take this player base heres the merge you wanted slapped together in 5 minutes while we smoked this fatty"

seriously though these guys get paid?
      Haha, so funny but i highly doubt it. They just don't care if people get upset is all. All we are is a bunch of whiny children to them.
    • MikeGrinder6 wrote:

Why can't Cygnus be the only Target universe? @piink @Blankie

+1 to that, can't understand why anyone would move to Oberon given the acct situation, better to adjust specs of cygnus and get everyone together
    • Once the euphoria of the magic word “mergers” has died down……..

As the saying goes – Act in haste, repent at leisure

Taking stats from mmorpg-stats for the unis involved in the merger there are

2970 active accounts in total
      21979 inactive accounts in total
      864 v moded accounts.

I can understand moving the v moded a/cs as the owners have not given up completely, BUT….
      Lets say that on average each v moded a/c has just 2 planets, that is nearly
      44000 planets to be spread acroos just 6 unis.

Did anyone do the sums???

I see a disaster waiting to happen – even if the inactives are last to move.

There are 333,337 accounts worldwide – I wonder what these figures will look like in 6 or 8 weeks time?
      ~The strong take from the weak, but the smart take from the strong~

U44/Quant/Jup/Betel HOF's = 575~ ~ ~480 Solo [10 Top 10] / 95 ACS [4 x #1 + 11 Top 10]
      ~~ RIP 7007+

The post was edited 1 time, last by Vulcan_558 ().

• BAW wrote:

Glad to hear of the Merger... Not sure about the fact Wezn will be in the same uni as Wasat, a little bit of a mismatch. Nevertheless I'm up for the challenge.

What about other settings - DF %, No. of Galaxies, Deut Consumption ?
      the server will take the target settings where they are not mentioned
    • piink wrote:

BAW wrote:

Glad to hear of the Merger... Not sure about the fact Wezn will be in the same uni as Wasat, a little bit of a mismatch. Nevertheless I'm up for the challenge.

What about other settings - DF %, No. of Galaxies, Deut Consumption ?
      the server will take the target settings where they are not mentioned
      Would you consider posting the information you used to get to these exodus/target uni's? Grimnir on .de has already done so
      Antares.de - der kleine Prinz
      Relocate timeback: ogmem.com/show/334008
      ogotcha / ogmem (TD: 57 bil)
      https://ogmem.com/show/349679 (TD: 137 bil)
      ogmem.com/show/452903 (TD: 130 bil)
      ogmem.com/show/523694 (TD: 57 bil)