Pinned Merge 2018 Discussion Thread

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What happens if you are moving from a 5 gal to a 9 gal universe? I would hope you get the chance to relocate a bunch of your planets into the different gals - would be unfair on the smaller gal uni merging into the bigger without some options for relocations.
    • Hello everyone,

I hope you are all happy about the merge :)
      We will be answering your questions as best and soonest possible as we can manage. We will only be replying to this thread, so please don't open new threads regarding the merge as we cannot keep track, and also please don't create tickets with questions about the merge that can be answered here.

Firestorm wrote:

Mad to merge virgo, its very young and still an active universe, otherwise game on!

As an aside, will they fix being able to pass accounts on @Blankie @NoMoreAngel? It would be very unfair to be forced to delete accounts which players have worked really hard on just because they are being forced into the same universes. p
      Virgo is not exactly a very young universe. It is 378 days old, and you can see that younger unis (Wezn, Xanthus and Yildun) are included in the merge also. The merge is not about the age of a uni, but about activity increase. I understand that the fleet speed increase is an issue for some, but keep in mind that you can ask for server settings changes after the merge.

chaosk wrote:

I dont see the point in some of these mergers, like Virgo, Wezn, Deimos...

No balance whatsoever if you look at the target unis indicated. Probably Virgo shouldnt be merged at this point, too young and fairly active indeed. Maybe rethink some older unis merge balance or at least give more choices in the matter.
      What do you mean by no balance? The best effort has been made so that the separate merge groups have similar or the same settings.

-Arcane- wrote:

Its going to be tough on a few, granted.

Happy it's happening but I feel we need to sort splitting lobby's and account trading too
      Unfortunately, the account exchanges will not be available before the merge happens. However, for those of you who have multiple accounts in the same merge group, you will be given an additional merge option, meaning that secondary target unis will be provided later on.

Zorro09 wrote:

And what about debris % and defence to debris?
      This depends on the target unis current settings.

Spir1t wrote:

Few servers are missed from merge and i dont know why,also merging ganimed with cygnus is just mindless,tarazed with libra and izar...Izar for sure could merge only with cygnus.I think most people are not satisfied.
      The only servers that are not included in the merge are Quantum, where the top player has highscore three times higher than the top player in any other universe, and the really young servers Zibal, Aquarius, Bellatrix and Cosmos. There is no need for any of them to be merged yet.

"Let me be clear as I can be: In politics and in life, ignorance is not a virtue. It's not cool to not know what you're talking about."
    • @Blankie

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I should say although I am unhappy with virgo I am very happy for rigel.

You say that polls for setting changes can be done after the merge... will these be the same 80% pass limit or will it be simple majority? If I have no choice but to move to increased fleet speed can I at least have a fair vote!?
      Display Spoiler
      Uni 44 ASSASSIN - HoFs = 362 (inc. 129 Adv. + 19 Sup. Adv. + 1 Top 10 ACS)
      RIPs Killed = 1497

HoFs Against = 0
    • Blankie wrote:

Hello everyone,

I hope you are all happy about the merge :)
      We will be answering your questions as best and soonest possible as we can manage. We will only be replying to this thread, so please don't open new threads regarding the merge as we cannot keep track, and also please don't create tickets with questions about the merge that can be answered here.

Firestorm wrote:

Mad to merge virgo, its very young and still an active universe, otherwise game on!

As an aside, will they fix being able to pass accounts on @Blankie @NoMoreAngel? It would be very unfair to be forced to delete accounts which players have worked really hard on just because they are being forced into the same universes. p
      Virgo is not exactly a very young universe. It is 378 days old, and you can see that younger unis (Wezn, Xanthus and Yildun) are included in the merge also. The merge is not about the age of a uni, but about activity increase. I understand that the fleet speed increase is an issue for some, but keep in mind that you can ask for server settings changes after the merge.

chaosk wrote:

No balance whatsoever if you look at the target unis indicated. Probably Virgo shouldnt be merged at this point, too young and fairly active indeed. Maybe rethink some older unis merge balance or at least give more choices in the matter.
      What do you mean by no balance? The best effort has been made so that the separate merge groups have similar or the same settings.
      @Blankie - here is some statistics about activity and balance those two mentioned:
      Wezn - 132 active players
      Deimos - 30 active players
      Virgo - 393 active players

As we can see from this Virgo has more than double active players when you compare Wezn and Deimos combined. So, activity is far from problem in Virgo.

Balance wise, few numbers:
      Top Vega 265kk points / Top Virgo 75kk points ( triple more on Vega )
      Top Eco Vega 205kk points / Top Eco Virgo 48 points ( five times more on Vega )
      Top Military Vega 153 points / Top Military Virgo 20kk points ( 7 times more on Vega )

That is nowhere near a balance. Its not just a points gap, its years-of-difference points gap.

Please rethink again about putting Virgo into any kind of merge as it isnt needed atm at all.
    • Blankie wrote:

chaosk wrote:

In this case I mean the difference in account sizes for Virgo as compared to Vega. Also the 2x fleet option is terrible and you already know a poll after the fact isnt going to fix that. IMHO Virgo should be left as it is. It has a decent player base and is quite active. Best solution I can think of is to make it a target uni in the future for new 1x uni's. Ofcourse those new uni's would need to start with even higher settings than 7x eco 1x fleet to be able to catch up...Perhaps postpone its merger and set up a poll to see what the players want, instead of forcing them into a different fleet speed setting surrounded by monster sized accounts. Personally I already have an account merging into uni1 which is bigger than my Virgo account, so picking another 1x fleet speed uni is out of the question.

utrfu wrote:

Nah all what I see here is virgo, virgo, virgo, virgo...

we from wezn have much worst situation... our No1 go out from top 50 our top fleets go out from top 100 and nobody cry...

let's play ppl dont cry
      Wezn is a typical dead uni though, I can know since I played there...not even mentioning the cheating that went on in there.
    • Blankie, thanks for taking the time to reply, as with anything in life you cannot keep 100% of the people happy, I think the main issue for players in Virgo is the 2x speed fleet, we all signed up for 1x speed fleet for various reasons, I have an idea that would give more options to people ...

So Group 2 (like Group 4) to have 2 targets, Vega x2 Fleet, x7 Eco and Virgo, x1 Fleet, x7 Eco. the following Universes can then choose which Uni to go to, I've included the No.1 players points to give some indication of the account sizes, or maybe you could make it a choice for all exodus universes providing the account has 100 kk points or less.

Wezn - 33kk
      Nusaken - 58kk
      Hyperion - 60kk

Virgo - 75kk

Best Solo - 1.4bn Profit - Uni1.us
      Best ACS - 5.7bn Profit - Uni1.org
    • @Blankie

So I already have an account in uni1 but I would rather have my Taurus account there instead of sending it to some random uni, so can I instead have a target uni available for my uni 1?

This is an outrage that account trading wont be allowed before the merges. I am all for a merge but a well thought out one this one seems to be made in haste
      Uni 1
      Zibal
      ~RIP Taurus~
    • Everyone thinks there universe is “special” and should be a target universe. It can’t happen that way. You have to roll with the punches, at least they are merging and trying to keep his game alive. They could keep us locked in our universes with no activity, but they are attempting to help us.
    • There isn’t anything special about virgo. But it is 1x fleet speed, so forcing us to change to faster without another option is completely unfair. I’ve invested a significant amount of time and money into that account and it’s about to be changed into something I would not have spent any time or money on.

I’m currently 50-50 as to whether I just delete, I have no interest in higher fleet speed
      Display Spoiler
      Uni 44 ASSASSIN - HoFs = 362 (inc. 129 Adv. + 19 Sup. Adv. + 1 Top 10 ACS)
      RIPs Killed = 1497

HoFs Against = 0
    • @Blankie @piink

Congratz on the news, a merge is certainly welcomed.

I'm a bit concerned however with the options made regarding settings and player unnability to choose. While I understand an operation like this would always be hard and having people upset, as you can't please everybody, I think the players should have the option to choose the target universe most suitable for their playstyle. I remember it happened in past merges, we would have a dropdown menu with 2 or 3 universes to choose from and confirm.

For me, personally, doesn't make much sense that I go to a universe with less economy (for months you have been receiving requests to increase it, that should be a clear sign of what people want) and with totaly different bashing / pushing rules. For me, in Spica, the most suitable target according to the specs would be Vega, not Uriel, while probably some players forced to go to Vega, would prefer Uriel rules and settings.

If there is no chance for us to choose our targets, I would like to ask if it's "set in stone" that Uriel will keep the bashing / pushing rules exceptions after the merge. I play in Spica because those rules are in place, and don't think it's fair that suddenly our playstyles have to change in ways we don't really choose.

Thank you and keep up the good work.
      Trappist-1 (Spica)
    • Finally mergers happened, been waiting for years and im really thrilled, cant wait to start playing in new uni.

Dont care where i go, honestly it really doesnt matter for me, hoped for Cygnus to roll with top players there but this will do too.

I just hope everyone are prepared for me and would put up at least a decent fight. See you out there!