Pinned Merge 2018 Discussion Thread

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I am making an assumption like that, it's true.

There will always be outliers and special circumstances for individuals that cannot be foreseen, but I think a good faith effort will reach the vast majority of players, and more specifically, players still interested in playing, and paying for the game. Those with an individual problem can receive an individual solution, but the rest of us need to get moving.
    • @Reticent are you dumb? if an account comes out of vmode without the owner knowing it, what is the point of having an agreement with ogame when purchasing DM? gameforge can just turn round whenever they want and say "your account will be un-vmoded in 1hour if you dont respond" the agreement is there for this exact thing......to stop it being deleted or un-vmoded for no reason

know a little about the game before you start trying to troll, noob

but yes i would like an answer as to when the script will be ready for inactives to be out of vmode

thanks for the sig blackadder you nubber
    • I had an account pulled out of Vmode. Ended up getting the fleet back, had to fight to get my res back from my fleet (they originally didn't want to bother). However each planet got bashed and I didn't receive the res, sats nor defense back. That account has 3M DM on it and has spent millions more.

However, as much as I'd like them to just manually move these inactives to active. I do see the value in them getting this merge script right. I can't wait to see guys who have built accounts up dumped into universes double and triple their size.
    • piink wrote:

Dear community,
      we are confident that the Vmode script is finally working and we hope to be able to run it WW soon, however it needs one last test round before it is applied to all servers.
      Therefore tomorrow, 6th of December at around 13:00 CET, the script will be applied in 2 EN servers: Universe 1 and Quantum 117.

Please report anything you think is wrong once the inactives get off Vmode. As soon as we have feedback and can guarantee the script is finally working we will be able to schedule it WW.

Thank you for your patience regarding this matter.

Your OGame Team

Great!

Testing it on a live server though... let alone the two servers with the most to lose if anything goes wrong...

... wouldn't be my first choices as servers to live test this on... :shrug:

Get it wrong and it's a giant mess. :search:

~ Top 10s: 13 (17) + Assist on WorldWide Number 1 + Worldwide Number 2 (suicide) ~ RiPs: 80.366 ~

I want got my red star back!!! :wbb:
    • First of all, wow what a nice surprise for some of us it seems :D

Second of all, this script feels really limited, i see still a lot of my old farms in vmode, i relocated for a few of them expecting a proper script to be implemented.... now what i ask is, if we have proof that specific accounts were inactives without Vmode, can we remove their blue status? @piink
    • we cannot really do it manually and I strongly doubt the script can be set in a more accurate way, but send me nicknames and I'll report, that's what I can promise. I cannot promise you anything can be changed though as it has been quite a struggle to manage to reach this point.
    • I still see a lot of inactives from Taurus in VM. Now your saying they will be like that permanently, another GF fail

seriously you guys would do best to just fire everyone in GF and start over, its just fail after fail after fail and with terrible customer support

oh ya I forgot the obligatory "thanks piink your doing your best" (actually failing at your paid position)
      Uni 1
      Zibal
      ~RIP Taurus~
    • threeflipskat3r wrote:

I still see a lot of inactives from Taurus in VM. Now your saying they will be like that permanently, another GF fail

seriously you guys would do best to just fire everyone in GF and start over, its just fail after fail after fail and with terrible customer support

oh ya I forgot the obligatory "thanks piink your doing your best" (actually failing at your paid position)
      Could you name those so that it could get checked if those have still fleet on them?

Board Admin
      OGame-Tech Chief
    • threeflipskat3r wrote:

I still see a lot of inactives from Taurus in VM. Now your saying they will be like that permanently, another GF fail

piink wrote:

Dear community, we are confident that the Vmode script is finally working and we hope to be able to run it WW soon, however it needs one last test round before it is applied to all servers.

Therefore tomorrow, 6th of December at around 13:00 CET, the script will be applied in 2 EN servers: Universe 1 and Quantum 117.

Do you mean most of those are still remaining in VMode in the 1st Uni? Because if it's not the 1st one or Quantum, they weren't supposed to anyhow change their status with today's test alterations.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Smoke Nightvogue ().

• am i right?

the first "test" didn't work because some of the inactives remained in vmode?

the second "test" didn't work because it un-vmoded players it shouldn't have?

the third "test" didn't work because some of the inactives remained vmode?

so basically they just went back to square 1 lol

this is a joke, how long they want to sort the one and only thing they are currently working on? i want their job, want to get paid 1 month pay and not actually achieve anything lol

i would say the "thanks piink and gamefore for all your hard work. but i don't think any hard work is going on here

thanks for the sig blackadder you nubber
    • Inferno AM wrote:

piink wrote:

version4 wrote:

@piink @Blankie @NoMoreAngel

Could we get an update on the inactive conversion testing?
      Please and thank you.

Regards, version4
      We are running another test on the 2 ES servers we used last time amiing for a final fix now. If it works we will roll it out WW next week.

Troll wrote:

we still have an ally member stuck in limbo land.
      He was never merged to vega
      Is this still being looked at?
      Its now been over 1 month where he cant play an account where he actually spent money on.
      I hope his situation gets resolved soon and a compensation (at least in the form of dm or res) is offered to him for the time lost
      All cases reported until Wednesday last week in support are done. New cases are being requested to the developers. If your friend didn't send a ticket he has to, otherwise we cannot make sure the case is brought to the developers.
      Hello,My case is still not fixed and I raised ticket on the 16 of October !
      You keep saying to try and recover my password while I keep telling that no email has been sent to me.
      This issue started since the lobby was implemented and nobody did anything when I reported back then.

Please see ticket 16958003.

Thank you.
      @piink any news regarding this issue that is supposedly resolved but in fact is not even close to being solved?
      Or ignoring us is just something stipulated in your job description? Asking for a friend...
    • And meanwhile @Inferno AM is sitting there all alone in Quaoar patiently waiting for a response from some Gameforge representative. They are doing absolutely nothing to actually care for paying and active customers. Instead you focus on inactive accounts who has no owners, no person behind them having to wait for 6 bloody weeks to play the game they enjoy.

Is this for real? Who other then @piink should I tag in this post to actually get some response or action? Since clearly your ticket-system is broken since, as Piink said herself, THERE ARE NO OPEN TICKETS UP TO LAST WEEK (which there is, want the ticket # again?)

I always knew @WeTeHa to be a good caring fellah from my time as a gameforge "Volunteer" when he was CoMa, are you our saviour? That are able to solve this joke of a situation where our friend is left in the dark for the past weeks? Clearly the ones caring for ogame.org has given up.