Pinned Merge 2018 Discussion Thread

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I feel like I am sitting in Quantum, hoping OGame Christmas comes early for me and I log in to find my Rigel account in Uni 1 with my friends, not lost forever in Quantum. After playing this game for 15 years this is depressing. No offense to Quantum players but it takes a certain type of player ( one with lots of time I would think) to play in an aggressive universe. When ProGame opened years ago it was much the same. The people I knew who played it ( not me) said going AFK for 5 minutes could be enough time to lose moons , fleet and res. But they liked the challenge.

Trust me... a 67 year old grandmother who cares for two very active little grandsons all week has all the challenge she can handle.My game used to be fun and a nice diversion in a rather hectic life.
    • To all the peeps that still weren’t happy even after the community letter: atleast one was put out. Atleast an attempt to right a wrong was made. Atleast there was an apology even though Piink didn’t cause the mishap in the first place (bad code did).

Did the letter magically fix everything? No. But it shows that a foot in the right direction has been made and that goes miles in my book.

Thank you @piink for all you hard work and care for this community even if some don’t show it properly. Pleas continue to work with the peeps that got moved to the wrong uni’s due to bugs etc and then worry about the un modes inactives once the real player base has been taken care of. Thank you again for all your support!
      “War does not determine who is right — only who is left.”

GMOD but main sections are Polaris - Yildun, General and the SpamBoard
      My S/MOD is Rav3n so go annoy him if I have angered you!
    • we Need More Slots to Colonize.

just Searching in Oberon, and Quantum i was Lucky To see a Single Slot to colonize Between 4 and 9.

they are all Filled with Vac mode Inactives, you are going to Need to increase the amount of Systems, Increase the Feild Sizes of the 1-3's or 11-15's since we are Unable to Colonize any Planet within those Sweet spots for Feild Sizes.

i know you all have alot of Work on your Hands. But Surely Some one thought, Hey lets Just Dump 2000 Accounts into Quantum knowing that they would Never Come Back to the Game
    • Wow ! It is Christmas! I know things can go sideways and this merge certainly didn't work out as planned but I made it to Uni1 and I would like to sincerely thank piink and anyone else who put in the effort to fix this. I am delighted to be back with my friends. You never quite know how addicted you are to OGame until you can't play . :) :) :)
    • General George wrote:

I could not see any mention about the plan for accounts which have been forced into the wrong Universe due to the deletion bug preventing them from deleting their old accounts in the target Universe where they wanted to go. Could we please have an update on this.

This is far more important than the inactives issue as this is actually preventing players from playing the game in their alliance in the right Universe.

I'm not pressing for an immediate fix, I know that may take time. But please communicate the plan so people can stop worrying about if they will actually get their accounts moved properly. I do not believe this has been confirmed or denied officially yet.

Thanks,
      TC
      One foot at a time, we have seen how rushing things don't work quite well, right? We are first fixing all these accounts that have either not been merged or merged to a forced server and players don't like it and once these pending cases are done we will continue with the Vmode issue.

AMNeSia wrote:

I know this might not seem lke a big deal, but getting only 2 free re-locations is not enough. I'm an exodus player, my planets weren't moved from their co-ordinates which means I only got 2 free re-locations like the rest of the target universe. I colonized my planets according to 5 galaxies in Yildun. I got moved to 9 galaxies in Xanthus, which, even though my planets didn't move, wasn't optimal. Filing a ticket gave the same old response of 'we can't help you', but that is not right. Considering the number of inactive players which has ended up blocking good slots, I feel every exodus player should get enough free re-locations whether or not their planets moved. It's only fair, especially for those of us who moved from less galaxies to more. For now, I'm stuck with deleting my colonies - colonies which take a lot of time to build up. Lost income is not as much a problem as lost time. All that effort gone to waste just because GF wants to be cheapskates isn't right. @piink, I'd appreciate something done about this.
      I understand how you feel, but as it has been explained to you already there is nothing else we can do. Compared to previous merges this was already an improvement, but the strategy doesn't only change for exodus people, it also changes for people in the targets as it is a complete new scheme in all galaxies.
    • piink wrote:

I understand how you feel, but as it has been explained to you already there is nothing else we can do. Compared to previous merges this was already an improvement, but the strategy doesn't only change for exodus people, it also changes for people in the targets as it is a complete new scheme in all galaxies.
      Obviously, doesn't help much, but as usual, am at the mercy of a corporation to which I pay nothing. Guess it's not much different than deleting an account and starting over. Thank you, GF. Thank you VERY fucking much. And no offence, but if this merge was an improvement, we wouldn't have had so many issues in the first place.

To anyone at GF reading this: If you're the owner of GF, please get a basic lesson in business management where the customer comes first, efficiency comes second, effectiveness third and profits last. Oh, but I'm not a customer, so my problems don't matter, do they? Nor does anyone from GF really care about the player-base, so c'est la vie.

@piink, appreciate the response.
    • piink wrote:

you need to contact us through support with your issue
      Yea I been trying also I had 3 accounts that forced merged to Quantum & had 2 tickets get responded by some :censored: since I'm a paying customer that buy DM to help support the game!!! And I'm still trying to reach an actual employee staff of GF to get to my ticket instead of a volunteer GO that :censored: about the whole mess we all in!!!
      Look 3 accounts Rigel, Taurus & Kallisto all forced to Quantum!!!! :censored: I need 3 accounts in Quantum for!?

I’ve tried to be extremely lenient with this thread due to high tensions but I feel this completely crossed with line with insults and cursing. Please be respectful and voice your opinions in a respectful manner. Warned for Insult - Clittle
      Images
      • Screenshot_20181108-072353_Samsung Internet.jpg

212.32 kB, 1,080×1,494, viewed 21 times
      Life a bitch so get used to it :)

The post was edited 2 times, last by clittle ().

• It seems this is getting misunderstood.
      We had cases of people trying to delete their accounts in the targets in order to move the accounts to these targets and the deletion process failed. These are the cases where we are sending the developers the request to be moved.

Nobody has insulted you @General Lumpy nor used any disrespectful tone for you to come here and disrespect the team just like that. We handle support cases no matter if the player pays or not, in fact, it is not relevant for us if anyone pays or not in order to provide support nor a person paying more will get extra attention just because, even worse when the person directly is insulting the team.
    • piink wrote:

piink wrote:

i did. got told meh trade your account even though there is DM on both accounts that i bought with cash.

I am with general lumpy here, please interpret most of my words to have excessive amounts of swearing between them.

So what else do I now need to do??????????? isnt this your support network that I have linked here?

Ticket cut out. Please calm yourself.

- Marshmello
      Not Allowed. Now what did you want to ask?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Marshmello ().

• my post of the ticket i raised was deleted, so here is a 'transcript' of 'what may or may not have been said'

:censored:

And Marshmallow, banning me from the forums doesnt change the facts
      I am owed money for accounts YOU merged into one uni

..::Edit by NoMoreAngel|Censored ticket and warned|8.11.2018|19:30:20::..
      Not Allowed. Now what did you want to ask?

The post was edited 1 time, last by NoMoreAngel ().

• For Gameforge, the next merge:

Take more time even if it means putting the servers off.
      Merging firts all inactives account, to see the difficulties encountered.

make a random system for positions
      of inactive accounts in each ss.
      each time 6 free random positions to be able to use
      removals at your disposal.

Keep the same colony shift system

for active players once they have arrived on the exodus.

And allow a better choice of merger to
      the universes of exodus according to the number of points.

Thanks.

Ogame way to 2018