1st Annual RIO GAMES

• Misc

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• 1st Annual RIO GAMES

RIO and it's members are proud to present the first annual RIO GAMES
      This event will start on 1 October and will end on 8 October at 23:59:59.

The following events are sponsored by Hummer, Joy (aka IPM Queen), Shard, Legio, unclesam_4liberty and myself (W4R_MaChINE).

Throughout this week, we will be providing rewards for individuals who are willing to stay out of vmode and enjoy playing the game the way it should be played. The individuals listed above (including myself) are NOT allowed to participate. Which means, we will not be attacking and/or probing unless provoked.

Here are the following list of events and rewards:

Events
      1. Biggest Mines built and completed:
      2. Most defense destroyed by IPM's:
      3. Biggest research points gained and completed:
      4. Most defense destroyed by RIP's:
      5. Most fleet destroyed:
      6. Most Moon Destruction:

Rewards
      1. 500kk Crystal
      2. 300kk Deut
      3. 500kk Crystal
      4. 300kk Deut
      5. Additional 10% resources added to total profit
      6. 50k deut per MD/ reach 50 MD's before event ends and receive 1 Billion deut

As a reminder, players participating are encourage to stay out of vmode throughout the week or they forfeit all rewards. Additionally, ogame rules still apply, so I would highly encourage alliances declaring war (NOT with RIO) to avoid bashing rules. If anyone needs clarity or has any questions pertaining to our first Annual RIO Games, please feel free to post here. On that same note, we will need proof of all events taking place. If you are IPM'ing someone, MD's a moon or bashing a planet. We will need proof, so please post all CR's, IPM results, MD's etc. We will also be looking for points lost and points gained. If you posted a screen shot of an Astrophysics started, we will also be looking for points gained/completed. So please try to avoid the embarrassment. We've all been playing ogame for quite some time and know what to look for.

With everything clarified, events are posted and rewards are up for grabs. We look forward to you all enjoying yourself and as always, best of luck to all parties.
      RIPs Destroyed:

Universe Conquered:
      Uni 35/ Quantum

Alliances Defeated:
      Felon
      LOS
      SLW
      Poor
      Unity

The post was edited 2 times, last by War_Machine ().

• i wasn't gonna bother reading this. i thought its just another cocky way of saying RIO declares war on everyone.

but OMG, the merge threads are driving me bonkers now.

fantastic idea. i hope it goes well.

@Serenity tried to run something similar in universe 1, but unfortunately the up-take was pretty low. there was some talk of another contest, but it hasn't happened yet.

Good Luck to all who take part :thumbsup:
      TOP 1 (solo) x 2 (ACS) x 1
      TOP 10 (solo) x 3 (ACS) x 9
      Super Adv x 61
      Adv x 282
      Basic x 1693

RIP KILLS 6281

• baal wrote:

@Serenity tried to run something similar in universe 1, but unfortunately the up-take was pretty low. there was some talk of another contest, but it hasn't happened yet.
      - smiles - I did and I will have another event after the merge (I had to save up for hyper drive 15) mine was really aimed for the new players of ogame to get them started in sending their fleets out and to inspire them to start attacking.

It's always good to see activity and a group of people have some fun -- I wish you luck War Machine in the games and to all those that play !

4 rip kills
      2 Ninja's
      1 moon
    • Awesome to see everyone getting involved! A few questions have already been brought up:

Q: Are RIO Members allowed to be part of this contest?
      A: Yes, all RIO members are allowed to be part of the contest, minus involved sponsors. Sponsors will NOT be participating in the event, so please remember NOT to poke the bear.

Q: Do MD attempts count towards MD reward?
      A. Unfortunately, No. It has to be a successful moon pop with report posted and it can't be on an inactive player.

Q: Doesn't 50 MD's seem a bit much? Is there any chance we can lower it to 20?
      A: This could be considered as the contest progresses. However, the reward will be reduced.

If anyone has any additional questions, please feel free to message me either ingame, board conversation, or just post your questions here.
      Once again, best of luck to all parties.
      RIPs Destroyed:

Universe Conquered:
      Uni 35/ Quantum

Alliances Defeated:
      Felon
      LOS
      SLW
      Poor
      Unity

The post was edited 1 time, last by War_Machine ().

• Nice encouragement to bring activity back to this Uni. Ofc this is still something that would reward you guys in the near future but that's perfectly understandable.

But to think we would have an in-Uni Alliance do this and not GF themselves... Sad.

EDIT: Rewards are still too low anyway. Anyone with activity within the top 300-400 and below in Q can gain 500m crystal and 300m deut in a week or less. And this is only rewards to ONE individual per category... am I right? These would be nice rewards for people below top-500, with these conditions, only top 100 people will win those categories and get rewarded while others far below who tried will just waste time and ress.
    • Grimm wrote:

Nice encouragement to bring activity back to this Uni. Ofc this is still something that would reward you guys in the near future but that's perfectly understandable.

But to think we would have an in-Uni Alliance do this and not GF themselves... Sad.

EDIT: Rewards are still too low anyway. Anyone with activity within the top 300-400 and below in Q can gain 500m crystal and 300m deut in a week or less. And this is only rewards to ONE individual per category... am I right? These would be nice rewards for people below top-500, with these conditions, only top 100 people will win those categories and get rewarded while others far below who tried will just waste time and ress.

Great point! We'll consider doing two separate tier groups for top 500 (Tier 1) and low 500 (Tier 2). Rewards will vary for those in Tier 2. Thx for the input.
      RIPs Destroyed:

Universe Conquered:
      Uni 35/ Quantum

Alliances Defeated:
      Felon
      LOS
      SLW
      Poor
      Unity

• handicapparking wrote:

still a little confused on the rules
      Is there a point system? Any rules (other than staying outside of vmode and attacking sponsors) to be followed? What's this talk about md'ing?

How you were ever allowed to be a Board Moderator is beyond me but clearly they've had to make some exceptions. On a different note, rules are pretty clear and points gained or lost will be validated through ingame and the use of outside sources like ogame stats and/or infuza. Additionally, attacking sponsors will only cause problems for you. So best of luck.
      RIPs Destroyed:

Universe Conquered:
      Uni 35/ Quantum

Alliances Defeated:
      Felon
      LOS
      SLW
      Poor
      Unity

• War_Machine wrote:

handicapparking wrote:

Is there a point system? Any rules (other than staying outside of vmode and attacking sponsors) to be followed? What's this talk about md'ing?
      How you were ever allowed to be a Board Moderator is beyond me but clearly they've had to make some exceptions. On a different note, rules are pretty clear and points gained or lost will be validated through ingame and the use of outside sources like ogame stats and/or infuza. Additionally, attacking sponsors will only cause problems for you. So best of luck.
      easy there champ, id rather you to be more friendly towards the team, thanks and enjoy your competition for all involved

Iris

think you can keep up with me?
      Click here for board rules :)
      Smod
      My team: arMakedon, Handicapparking, Blondu, Marshmello, Mavericks, Hatu

• War_Machine wrote:

handicapparking wrote:

I barely skimmed your events bit, my bad. Have fun with your little competition
      draco.us
      uni1.us
    • 01/08/18 total defences destroyed:
      RL335608
      LL125950
      HL5454
      Gaus11414
      Ion3166
      Plasma4580
      SS5
      LS4

Resources destroyed:
      metalcrystaldeut

total:

supporting info:
      prntscr.com/l1532t

prntscr.com/l153g1
      prntscr.com/l153po
      prntscr.com/l153wc
      prntscr.com/l1543b
      prntscr.com/l154e3
      prntscr.com/l154lf
      prntscr.com/l154so
      prntscr.com/l154xt

prntscr.com/l1558c
      prntscr.com/l155g6

prntscr.com/l155t2
      prntscr.com/l1566b
      prntscr.com/l156a9
      prntscr.com/l156fh

Just to clarify, this is the total defences destroyed and not total damage. Total damage is around 6.5 billion :)