Merge

• Misc

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Other than the fact that I have less time to play right now... I'm not too bothered by being put with bigger players.
      It's going to be a challenge for sure and it will be almost impossible to make it to the top but we should have plenty more targets for ourselves as well.
    • I agree with Rawk. While dropping in rank is a little disappointing (to be honest), that doesn't really matter in the long run. However, the massive point difference between anyone from Wezn and the top people from Vega/Wasat is what irks me. Those two universes have about a four year game time advantage over us, which is represented by their 200-300 Million point lead. Unfortunately, I'm not sure that gap can realistically be closed, or it will take several years to do so if possible. Wish I knew the thought process behind these particular decisions.

Ideally we would've only been merged with the universes that are less than three years old. The point gap would still be around 40-50 Million, but at least that goalline is in sight and achievable.

The increase in activity and competition will be nice though, for however long it lasts anyway lol. I've never experienced a merger before, so idk how long it takes before V-Mode and Inactive accounts start taking over the universe again.

Who knows, maybe this will end up in our favor somehow.... but I'm not going to get my hopes up haha. I guess all we can do is prepare for now.

Good luck Wezn
    • Yes we all want to merge just the account sizes wich are the problem.

Would make more sense if just these unis merged.

Wezn, 35m
      Nusakan, 58m
      Hyperion-61m
      Tarazed, 40m

We are closer in points and we get get activity and competition we want.
    • I agree with you Rawk. The uni Vega and Wezn are similar except for the age. And the age difference is a lot more than just 4 years, as Vega was a target uni before, as Uni30 (and others) got moved to it. I'm more upset to have to give up my Wezn account, as I was having such great fun with it, but my Vega account is better over all, and with all the new opportunities being brought into Vega, I'm thinking Vega could be very interesting IF people get in there and PLAY!
      I am very interested in seeing what a really FULL universe looks like!
    • merge can never be fair
      its sad but its true

most of the ppl cry because they lose rank (while they dont lose points)
      when i came back to oGame after almost a year long brake i took #71 rank with 11,m points..when the merge came 2 years later i was #2..and i got moved to Vega with older accounts and got knocked out of top20

2 years later..this merge is happening..and guess what?! Im #2 again and i'll barely stay in top10

and my other account in another target group will go from #6 to #80-90..so what? Just climb your way up like we all do

or continue crying

:gamer:

'Stalno u kafani..ja sam nesto poput sanka'

'Zaboravljamo heroje i junake,pamtimo samo loše likove'

• Asto Vidatu wrote:

merge can never be fair

its sad but its true

when i came back to oGame after almost a year long brake i took #71 rank with 11,m points..when the merge came 2 years later i was #2..and i got moved to Vega with older accounts and got knocked out of top20

2 years later..this merge is happening..and guess what?! Im #2 again and i'll barely stay in top10

and my other account in another target group will go from #6 to #80-90..so what? Just climb your way up like we all do

or continue crying

THIS!

I wish I could like this comment 1000x
    • Asto Vidatu wrote:

merge can never be fair

its sad but its true

or continue crying

Your right it can never be fair, but it can be better for many players and there is a solution to make it better that's my point.

Iv had a merge before when I was in nekker dropping 500 ranks but that was fine because I new with hard work I could climb the ranks and after a year I got back into the top 100 so it was very achievable.

This merge ain't the same and am only bringing my point up because there is another option so why not listen to the players.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Rawk ().

• I don't think people are inherently crying in this forum. It sounds like everyone is still going to play regardless. Think about it this way. There are some people in Wezn who put alot of work into an account, minimal DM, etc. Maybe they wanted to see the fruits of their labor better balanced vs having to be in the majority of small fish. Some people are going to feel like there is nothing to play for since top #n is so far out of reach and then you see mass v-mode and inactives. It may have the effect of killing the unit as fast as Wezn died in the first place and becoming basically the original Vega.
      AKA - Trajan
    • we got some unfair merge but in couple month active play we can do something about that

probably they will try hit us when we come but there is oportunity to make some ninja or something

who care about stats just let's make some fun we are here because that not for stat so let's merge and try something
    • utrfu wrote:

we got some unfair merge but in couple month active play we can do something about that

probably they will try hit us when we come but there is oportunity to make some ninja or something

who care about stats just let's make some fun we are here because that not for stat so let's merge and try something
      in reply to your comment about the ninja, have you seen some of the fleeters currently in wassat :P?
    • yup but if we can't nothing another can

for example i think that I know some people from quaorar, two on vega and who know how much more xD

I play this s***t game about 12-13 years who know maybe there is more players

probably all of us can find some help if we need it...

good fs (all of you have min one solar system with couple moons for recall deploy) that fs nobody can't hit and if you make it good
      btw if you don't have any like that for every planet with changed cords you will get one free relocation so you can make it

immortal you use a lot dm so if you get some danger there is allways option run with planet or two :)

grom you have same problem here :) and now it's more bigger because you sell almoust whole fleet :)

btw I know how it's in merge I finish 2 universes with No1 fleet then lost it after merge lol
    • TuneR wrote:

then come to option b, virgo
      I don't think most have that option, plus we are unable to start new accounts in the merging unis.

utrfu wrote:

yup but if we can't nothing another can

for example i think that I know some people from quaorar, two on vega and who know how much more xD

I play this s***t game about 12-13 years who know maybe there is more players

probably all of us can find some help if we need it...

good fs (all of you have min one solar system with couple moons for recall deploy) that fs nobody can't hit and if you make it good
      btw if you don't have any like that for every planet with changed cords you will get one free relocation so you can make it

immortal you use a lot dm so if you get some danger there is allways option run with planet or two :)

grom you have same problem here :) and now it's more bigger because you sell almoust whole fleet :)

btw I know how it's in merge I finish 2 universes with No1 fleet then lost it after merge lol
      I have been in a few merges aswell but they have never been as unfair as this.

Fleetsaving there is not the problem, just the size differences in accounts.

I have started to look forward too it, it'll be fun for a few months but in the long run I think most off this uni won't be around because the struggle of competing with them will get boring.
    • @ kako , I sell all my fleet on wezn as i have a wassat account with 17kk points, 15kk of which is economy so im not interested in fleeting yet, maybe a few months down the line who knows, but what did you mean i have the same problem?
    • utrfu wrote:

...immortal you use a lot dm so if you get some danger there is allways option run with planet or two (:

I've only been playing O-Game for a year now, so I'm not entirely certain what constitutes a "lot" of DM, but from reading across other forum threads/posts, I don't use very much lol. Commanders, a few planet relocations, and auto-complete some Astro levels (all purchases done during discount events btw) doesn't seem very high over the course of Wezn's lifespan lol

On Topic: Rawk has said it best: It's the size difference between the accounts that's causing the issues. I don't think any of us have ever mentioned not wanting to fleetsave. I still fleet/resource save here, so I would definitely expect to continue that trend when much higher accounts are involved.

I joined a new universe for the notion of having a competitive game with everyone starting on equal footing. If I didn't care about competing against others and trying to rise to the top, then I would have just picked Universe 1 and started off several million points behind, which ironically enough, is a smaller point difference than we are about to experience with the merge haha.

I actually have the option of joining Virgo since I created a Vega account soon after the merge was announced to see what the competition was like. I've recently deleted it with the intention of merging into Vega. Might be a bad decision, but I've also started to look forward to the whole ordeal, and I believe Vega will be active for longer than Virgo. (Plus, I've already finished most of my preparations for Vega, so I can't let those go to waste!)

I will certainly continue to play with the ambition of climbing back to the top, and although I doubt it will be obtainable, I hope for a fun experience nonetheless!

The post was edited 2 times, last by Immortalmage ().