Moon destruction, Fleetsave, fleet movements

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Moon destruction, Fleetsave, fleet movements

Hello all,

So i am trying to learn more about FS, moon destructions and fleet movements in that situations. I was searching through forums and google for some ansers, but found just confusion.

The situation that interests me the moust is FS from moon A to moon B as deployment. And then your moons get destroyed. I allways assumed that the target of the deployment will shift from moon B to planet B and be visible on lanx, and then if you recall it it will not be visible anymore. On planet A nothing will be visible.
      But a forum GUIDE says different:

Horizon wrote:

Question: Ok, now let's get 2 moons! How about now?
      Answer: that's known to be the safest FS you can make. Again, having both moons in a same system will save you deut if you're planning to use this kind of deployment.

Detailed explanation of why this FS is so good:
      As moons can't be lanxed, FSing by deployment between 2 moons is completely invisible to the lanx. Even more than that! It is completely invisible even if you have both of your moons crashed! Let's look at the quote from the Phalanx guide again: If a moon is destroyed, all fleets returning to the moon will go to the planet instead. And even more important: all fleets sent to the moon will be automatically recalled at the same moment when the moon explodes. Let's remember the line about the deployment: recalled deployments can't be seen on lanx.

Now let's imagine someone would like to crash our fleet which we FS with deployment between moons. As moons can't be lanxed, the attacker will try to destroy your moons in order to see your fleet. But here's a bad news for the attacker: even with both moons gone, they won't be able to see your fleet. Lets see how:

Imagine you FS from moon A to moon B.
      1. Attacker destroys moon A: He will not be able to see anything as deployment can only be seen on the planet it's heading to (unless recalled).
      2. Attacker destroys moon A and then moon B: When moon B is destroyed, your deployment will be recalled and it will go back to planet A. Since it's a recalled deployment, it won't be seen on lanx.
      3. Attacker destroys moon B: as above, your fleet will be recalled and recalled deployments can't be seen on lanx.
      4. Attacker destroys moon B and then moon A: As above.

Question: So is this the uncrashable way to FS?
      Answer: not really. A very determined and skilled attacker will always find a way to catch you, expecially understanding if you made any little mistake during your fleetsave.
      Some player's last action before they log off is fleetsaving. If you're sure this is the case, you can check the activity at the planet where defender FSed from, then go and destroy the destination moon (Moon B in the example above), then calculate when the self-recalled deployment will return to moon A and...... the rest is debris
      To avoid being crashed this way, always make some activity after fleetsaving.

To conclude, best way to FS with deployment mission is:
      - deploying between planets and recall if attacked
      - deploying between moons

The lines i put up in red are the ones that worry me. Is it true? I was not able to find it written anywhere else, and didnt go testing it :crazy:
    • Best thing to do is find an other playin who is willing to help you 1 on 1 (in your own language)..
      boards are great to get help but it will stay with the chaos answers because anyone can say something.

as far as the red lining its true recalled deploy cant be seen but can be timed back by skill and calculators
      Birdie.
      Quantum #274 - 72M
      Vega #440 - 15M
      Gemini,nl #8 230M
      :fatgreengrin:
    • That's wrong

your information dates since 2011
      the mechanics have changed since:)

A to B

A moon or planet to B (always moon) is invisible.
      but if you break B moon,
      You will always see the fleet arrive at the destination (B now planet)

but it will never automatically return, never.

If you break A, nothing missions lanx.
      even if the mission starts from this moon or planet.

Ogame way to 2018
    • When a moon is destroyed, any fleets that were being sent to that destroyed moon will be directed towards the planet below instead. They will not automatically be recalled.
      So if your moon was destroyed before you were able to come online and recall your fleets directed toward that moon, all missions that were being sent to that moon will now be visible on phalanx because they will be directed towards that planet.
      Weird Al
      Former U29/U44
      Current U1
    • Tony Montana wrote:

Just colo save. I do it all the time, i've never been popped...
      This is the worst sdvice ever. You have either been very lucky or your fleet is too small to get noticed.

Any decent size fleet using this method is going to get the attention on the big boys. None of the big fleets got there by using this method i can assure you.
      Ogame: Zero
      Outside Ogame: Software Engineering BSc (Hons)
    • It comes down to positioning and predictability.

If you dirty save from the same place eventually they'll get you, even if they have to relocate closer etc.
      If your moons are all close to the big boys, they'll get you because it's easy and convenient.
      If you have a moon deploy system, eventually they'll pop both moons and spam phalanx you to death until they get you if you're worth the profit.
      The only ways to counter all possible moon destruction scenarios is either to be online 24/7, or to FS via moon deploy then log in and recall your fleet before any possible moon destruction hit has landed.

The latter is the option most fleeters go with, but a lot more players value their sleep. So they FS from different moons every night via either colo FS or deploy, and they make themselves unpredictable. Big players may try to take out moons but with a low % of hitting the right one they may try and find easier targets.
      Community Ex-Mod
      Xbox Live Gamertag - Canary Wundaboy
      PSN Gamertag - CanaryWundaboy
      Yeah I'm back.
    • Museko Style wrote:

Thank you all for fast response, and help with my problems. So it was the thing that i was looking at old threads that made me confused. Got it all sorted now :D
      To add more fun to your reflexion, know that somebody can ACS defend on a moon then pop the moon. It's a fun way to defend the PLANET without being seen on phalanx until the last second (if timed well).

Back in 2011, that is back when everything was x1 economy, a guy lost 4000 RIPs this way. His enemies made a fake bunker amount for 7 months then left it to turn inactive. When they saw the big guy coming, they organized his demise.
    • eiO wrote:

Museko Style wrote:

Thank you all for fast response, and help with my problems. So it was the thing that i was looking at old threads that made me confused. Got it all sorted now :D
      To add more fun to your reflexion, know that somebody can ACS defend on a moon then pop the moon. It's a fun way to defend the PLANET without being seen on phalanx until the last second (if timed well).
      Back in 2011, that is back when everything was x1 economy, a guy lost 4000 RIPs this way. His enemies made a fake bunker amount for 7 months then left it to turn inactive. When they saw the big guy coming, they organized his demise.
      so this mechanics that you are explaining that acs defend a moon, and when moon is popped that same acs defend goes to defend the planet is still active or it just dates to 2011 and this mecanic is changed since then?

there is another thing, my team mates were destroying a moon, he sent 4 wawes of 1DS, 1st wawe popped it and other 3 DS didnt go to planet but instead automaticaly recalled
      this happend like 7 days ago
      we tought they would hit the planet and be crushed by def, but it seems u can not send destroy mission to a planet so they were recalled

and i remember back in 2008 or so i was sending some trans and fighters on destruction missions just for fun XD
    • Museko Style wrote:

there is another thing, my team mates were destroying a moon, he sent 4 wawes of 1DS, 1st wawe popped it and other 3 DS didnt go to planet but instead automaticaly recalled
      this happend like 7 days ago
      we tought they would hit the planet and be crushed by def, but it seems u can not send destroy mission to a planet so they were recalled
      That is because an MD mission cannot be sent to a planet.... Clues in the name. ACS defend can be a mission sent to either a moon or a planet.
    • eiO wrote:

These are great stories from the old days, like legends of Ogame, its kind of listening to your granddad's stories ;) Spy and fly seems so easy and mechanical. Cannot compare to a bunch of lads(more like group of friends) plotting, and planning for months. Taste of success must be incredible after such a hit.