Server Features

• Misc

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• @clittle
      Think about it tactically as well. It is unlikely that we'll get another vote soon. It is equally unlikely that the deut and DF gain will go through either
      So with decent deut mines and x7 eco, it will make up for the loss of the other two which we are unlikely to get

Since 2008
      Uni 1, 20, 29, 30, 38, 40, 44>uni 1, Taurus>uni1, Kallisto, Polaris, Yildun, Quantum

Posted HoFs in Taurus since April 2016: 177 (merged 2018)
      Posted HoFs in Polaris since May 2017: 2 (retired)
      Posted HoFs in Kallisto since March 2017: 3 (merged 2018)
      Posted HoFs in Yildun since March 2018: 4 (retired)
      Posted HoFs in merged uni 1 since November 2018: 16
    • after a lot of thought, I voted against 7x Eco.

The way the voting is split, I can see that the Eco increase has a good chance of getting passed, but the fleeter benefits will be voted down.

I agree with @clittle

This universe is already heavily weighted in favour of miners and merch traders with multiple trade accounts.

If a new poll includes all 3 options on one vote, then I will happily vote for 7 Eco. But on its own - no.

Also agree with the points @carbon made.

The Rigel situation has no relevance to this current poll. The decisions we make need to reflect our current situation.

Fleeters need something to balance out the advantages already available to the miners.

Sorry to disappoint those who want the Eco. Yes, I voted for it before when we were only x2, but the situation is different now.
      MOST HATED RANK #2

TOP 1 (solo) x 2 (ACS) x 1

TOP 10 (solo) x 3 (ACS) x 9
      Super Adv x 64
      Adv x 290
      Basic x 1711
      RIP KILLS 6518

• This game is slowly but surely paling to insignificance for me, @Ares

But I'm glad that you have found a new spark in it, after 2 years of sitting on your backside clicking overview.
      MOST HATED RANK #2

TOP 1 (solo) x 2 (ACS) x 1

TOP 10 (solo) x 3 (ACS) x 9
      Super Adv x 64
      Adv x 290
      Basic x 1711
      RIP KILLS 6518

• Well it’s not insignificant enough for you to come on here and bring your RL problems and look for back rubs maybe more time is needed for it to become more insignificant I suppose... I myself, may or may not hit overview a couple times aday :gamer:
      Buying Deut, Universe 1 PM me here or ingame, same Name. Thanks!
    • Gonna post my 2 cents here.

Well, in short, I'm not for any type of boost - for anyone.
      I started playing in UNI1 on purpose - back then it had x1 eco and I liked it specifically because of that. Because then I played when I wanted, if I wanted, with almost no pressure whatsoever ('cause the development in game was slow). Even if I got smacked I could blame it on nobody but myself (no ACS, took quite a while to plan a decent attack, took some time & even risk to execute it etc.) considering prior statement - slow speed uni. But, I still had to plan long-term tactics. All in all, not very time-consuming, but still with a touch of tactics in game.
      Then x2 eco boost & merge came. Ain't gonna lie, I kind of liked it - new faces/competition, a lil bit more of resources etc... but it was some kind of "upper limit" for me as I had to fleetsave twice as often and re-adjust my tactics a little bit - in a way which was a little bit more time consuming (still bearable though).
      Then suddenly, we jumped to x5 eco (+ merge). Okay, yeah, thanks but... no thanks... kind of. Now I fleetsave 2-3 times a day, and I'm becoming profitable twice as fast as I used to (2.5 times to be more precise). Won't mention how some abnormally big fishes started to swim in the pond. That means that one thing is slowly becoming questionable: am I playing the game, or is it the other way around? You see where I'm going with this.

If I wanted a lot of resources, or fleeting environment with huge numbers, I certainly wouldn't choose UNI1 as my back-to-OGame server in the 1st place a few years back.

Why x1 eco, why UNI1?
      Display Spoiler
      I wanted to play on x1 eco universe (maybe x2, MAX x3) so I can play from time to time, and compete in something this game is supposed to be - a tactic game. With x1 or x2 eco, you gotta plan, you gotta watch a few steps ahead - because if you mess up, it'll take you sh*t load of time to gather the same resources count. Research is also interesting, because after certain point it took months to complete one. Fleeting was interesting too - many couldn't afford firing up their whole fleet because it was eating deut like crazy + they could lose it overnight. Of course you plan damn well if that's the case. Shout out to a few decent fleeters from back in the day whom I've seen doing hits: BigBoss, William_The_Great, heisenberg/carbon, Karasu, AMOTION (+ a few more ofc) by the way...

Everything was interesting, competitive and risky. And with these suggestions x1 eco -> x2 eco -> x5 eco -> x7 eco + reduced fuel cost + risen DF percentage, I'm afraid we're heading to insta-success kind of game.
      Display Spoiler
      I mean, while we're at it, why not add x10 eco, x20 research, x10 fleetspeed, 0.5 deut cost, 70% DF... heck, why not add defences to DF too? Damn, why not add infinite resources for everyone so we can build 87216316461 ships and randomly smack each other with smiles on our faces like we're in the kindergarten?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not all against eco boost (or other perks which might help fleeters), but in my opinion all such boosts kind of kill this game's tactic-touch. I want this game to be a bit more than just numbers.That being said, I think that we should stay at x5 eco (though I'd personally like it to drop down to x4 or x3 if possible), with normal fleetspeed and normal-30% DF percentage. Deut consumption can be considered though.
      Display Spoiler
      Won't mention how merge wasn't the best idea, imo. The imbalance appeared, because accounts from x1/x2 unis simply develop in much different way than those from x5/x7 unis. First thing I can think of are researches. In x1/x2 uni it'll take A LOT of time to complete them, while in x5/x7 it's still somewhat bearable. Won't even mention the speed of recovery after being hit, or time needed to develop the account to certain level. So our (UNI1's) top 3 players ended up below 10th place after the merge, with 100+ M difference in points compared to the new top 3. Silly...
    • Watafaka wrote:

Gonna post my 2 cents here.

Well, in short, I'm not for any type of boost - for anyone.
      I started playing in UNI1 on purpose - back then it had x1 eco and I liked it specifically because of that. Because then I played when I wanted, if I wanted, with almost no pressure whatsoever ('cause the development in game was slow). Even if I got smacked I could blame it on nobody but myself (no ACS, took quite a while to plan a decent attack, took some time & even risk to execute it etc.) considering prior statement - slow speed uni. But, I still had to plan long-term tactics. All in all, not very time-consuming, but still with a touch of tactics in game.
      Then x2 eco boost & merge came. Ain't gonna lie, I kind of liked it - new faces/competition, a lil bit more of resources etc... but it was some kind of "upper limit" for me as I had to fleetsave twice as often and re-adjust my tactics a little bit - in a way which was a little bit more time consuming (still bearable though).
      Then suddenly, we jumped to x5 eco (+ merge). Okay, yeah, thanks but... no thanks... kind of. Now I fleetsave 2-3 times a day, and I'm becoming profitable twice as fast as I used to (2.5 times to be more precise). Won't mention how some abnormally big fishes started to swim in the pond. That means that one thing is slowly becoming questionable: am I playing the game, or is it the other way around? You see where I'm going with this.

If I wanted a lot of resources, or fleeting environment with huge numbers, I certainly wouldn't choose UNI1 as my back-to-OGame server in the 1st place a few years back.

Why x1 eco, why UNI1?
      Display Spoiler
      I wanted to play on x1 eco universe (maybe x2, MAX x3) so I can play from time to time, and compete in something this game is supposed to be - a tactic game. With x1 or x2 eco, you gotta plan, you gotta watch a few steps ahead - because if you mess up, it'll take you sh*t load of time to gather the same resources count. Research is also interesting, because after certain point it took months to complete one. Fleeting was interesting too - many couldn't afford firing up their whole fleet because it was eating deut like crazy + they could lose it overnight. Of course you plan damn well if that's the case. Shout out to a few decent fleeters from back in the day whom I've seen doing hits: BigBoss, William_The_Great, heisenberg/carbon, Karasu, AMOTION (+ a few more ofc) by the way...

Everything was interesting, competitive and risky. And with these suggestions x1 eco -> x2 eco -> x5 eco -> x7 eco + reduced fuel cost + risen DF percentage, I'm afraid we're heading to insta-success kind of game.
      Display Spoiler
      I mean, while we're at it, why not add x10 eco, x20 research, x10 fleetspeed, 0.5 deut cost, 70% DF... heck, why not add defences to DF too? Damn, why not add infinite resources for everyone so we can build 87216316461 ships and randomly smack each other with smiles on our faces like we're in the kindergarten?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not all against eco boost (or other perks which might help fleeters), but in my opinion all such boosts kind of kill this game's tactic-touch. I want this game to be a bit more than just numbers.That being said, I think that we should stay at x5 eco (though I'd personally like it to drop down to x4 or x3 if possible), with normal fleetspeed and normal-30% DF percentage. Deut consumption can be considered though.
      Display Spoiler
      Won't mention how merge wasn't the best idea, imo. The imbalance appeared, because accounts from x1/x2 unis simply develop in much different way than those from x5/x7 unis. First thing I can think of are researches. In x1/x2 uni it'll take A LOT of time to complete them, while in x5/x7 it's still somewhat bearable. Won't even mention the speed of recovery after being hit, or time needed to develop the account to certain level. So our (UNI1's) top 3 players ended up below 10th place after the merge, with 100+ M difference in points compared to the new top 3. Silly...

I get your point....not sure I agree 100% but I get it...fleet speed hasn't changed. This is where the game is going though. x1 eco speed unis don't exist anymore. Does it change the way people play...to a degree but where does a 400kk point account go in a x1 speed uni? All a fleeter has to do is make a mistake and he looses his fleet and bang its probably game over for a lot of people. A miner going to a x1 speed an account that size it might take months to gather what you need for a mine..or years for astro.
    • carbon wrote:

A rank 200 - 300 miner makes 3 - 5 bn ress a month

A rank 200 - 300 Fleeter makes ( Whatever the time he promotes and the skills he have to do hits )

And despite maybe he still wont make 3 - 5 bn ress that month

So when people say 7x eco yes its benefit both fleeter and miners

Yes , it does

But Miners dont really have to do much and they get a monthly basis benefit

Where as fleeters have to promote extra time in the game , have to do hits to get the benefit

they have to take a risk as well for any kind of hits they do , and i can write so much how unfair it is the 30% DF

So when Miner want 7x eco

Yes i get it

Fleeter Should simply get 70% DF as well

Deu cost ( no need to increase or decrease )

Let it stay the way it is

People should build up their account in the right way and it wont be a problem

first off, if someone is pure miner without any fleet a rank 220ish should be breaking the 3bn milestone, otherwise they fall down to the 1.5-3bn gap..
      the problem with increasing DF% comes with the eco boost, especially miners that are above 100mil in eco points.. you will have 5k+ SC with 2k+ sats sitting with 20-30mil res, that already should be profitable enough.. with a higher df% the miner will need more defense, which the majority of players doesnt like to build.. (i hope)

"But Miners dont really have to do much and they get a monthly basis benefit", except fly with 2bn res in the fleet and hoping that they arent hunted.. one mistake and the fleeter takes 2bn res along with the df.. with eco 5 or 7 even fleeters should be upgrading their mines, 37/33/35 isnt even expensive to build and already yields a pretty decent income.

7x and 70% is in no way comparable to be equal, with 70% every miner with atleast 2000 sc on the planet would be raided every night just because the df would already be profitable.. a 1bn DF would be 2.5bn in this case, everyone and everything would be hit every day, 40% would already be a BIG increase..
    • nischu wrote:

carbon wrote:

A rank 200 - 300 miner makes 3 - 5 bn ress a month

A rank 200 - 300 Fleeter makes ( Whatever the time he promotes and the skills he have to do hits )

And despite maybe he still wont make 3 - 5 bn ress that month

So when people say 7x eco yes its benefit both fleeter and miners

Yes , it does

But Miners dont really have to do much and they get a monthly basis benefit

Where as fleeters have to promote extra time in the game , have to do hits to get the benefit

they have to take a risk as well for any kind of hits they do , and i can write so much how unfair it is the 30% DF

So when Miner want 7x eco

Yes i get it

Fleeter Should simply get 70% DF as well

Deu cost ( no need to increase or decrease )

Let it stay the way it is

People should build up their account in the right way and it wont be a problem

first off, if someone is pure miner without any fleet a rank 220ish should be breaking the 3bn milestone, otherwise they fall down to the 1.5-3bn gap..
      the problem with increasing DF% comes with the eco boost, especially miners that are above 100mil in eco points.. you will have 5k+ SC with 2k+ sats sitting with 20-30mil res, that already should be profitable enough.. with a higher df% the miner will need more defense, which the majority of players doesnt like to build.. (i hope)

"But Miners dont really have to do much and they get a monthly basis benefit", except fly with 2bn res in the fleet and hoping that they arent hunted.. one mistake and the fleeter takes 2bn res along with the df.. with eco 5 or 7 even fleeters should be upgrading their mines, 37/33/35 isnt even expensive to build and already yields a pretty decent income.

7x and 70% is in no way comparable to be equal, with 70% every miner with atleast 2000 sc on the planet would be raided every night just because the df would already be profitable.. a 1bn DF would be 2.5bn in this case, everyone and everything would be hit every day, 40% would already be a BIG increase..
      I can write a few pages about proving why what i said is fair enough
      But its not worth it ;)

UNI 40 >>> Top 10s >> Many :D
      Uni Mizar >>> Top 10s >> 6
      Uni Nekkar >>> Top 10s >> 14
      Uni Vega >>> Top 10s >> 6
      Uni 1 >>>> Top 10s >> 2

Advanced hits never counted
      HOFS 1000 + :D So i stopped counting
      Over All Top 10s >>> 60+

• Nothing is ever on time with this game... :vain:
      @threeflipskat3r
      Since 2008
      Uni 1, 20, 29, 30, 38, 40, 44>uni 1, Taurus>uni1, Kallisto, Polaris, Yildun, Quantum

Posted HoFs in Taurus since April 2016: 177 (merged 2018)
      Posted HoFs in Polaris since May 2017: 2 (retired)
      Posted HoFs in Kallisto since March 2017: 3 (merged 2018)
      Posted HoFs in Yildun since March 2018: 4 (retired)
      Posted HoFs in merged uni 1 since November 2018: 16

The post was edited 1 time, last by king julian ().

• Nothing new here.. most of the community gripping on to that little glimmer of hope, while gameforge sits back on in their desk chairs and laughs at everyone. The lack of communication from our Coma is laughable, the communication from gameforge in any way shape or form is laughable.

Hell why not just make uni 1 a 10x eco 6x fleet 100% DF no wreck field add deut to debris fields, give everyone 50 slots on planets and 5 slots per moon, 1 free tech and 3 free relos and just let the uni destroy itself
      Buying Deut, Universe 1 PM me here or ingame, same Name. Thanks!
    • Hello!
      Unfortunately none of the changes are going to happen in Universe 1 as the results don't reach the minimum percentage for approval.
      Out of 405 votes 271 people want to increase to Eco x7 while 134 want Eco x5, 217 people want DF 30% while 188 DF 50% and 203 want Deu consumption 1 while 202 want Deu consumption 0.7.
    • Although I'm a little surprised by the vote not going to x7, I'm certainly not surprised about the 'direction' of the vote. :shrug:

It was moving in the direction of pro-merch/miners on all fronts. :search:

Oh well. :zpopcorn:

~ Top 10s: 13 (17) + Assist on WorldWide Number 1 + Worldwide Number 2 (suicide) ~ RiPs: 80.366 ~

~ GO for Uriel - My SGO is nk320 ~