Server Features

• Misc

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New

@kertif Always remember a rank 300 guy is getting 5bn ress a month without doing anything
      And here fleeters have to take risk and all and yet there is no guarantee he will get 5bn ress from attacks

So Why dont we vote to make the eco go down to 3x from 5x eco
      because its only 30% DF after all
      5x eco 50% DF
      7x eco 70 % DF
      Because thats fair
      And no need to cut down deu cost , it can stay as it is
      Dont build fleet which you cant afford to FS
      Simple as that
      Research speed can be increased

UNI 40 >>> Top 10s >> Many :D
      Uni Mizar >>> Top 10s >> 6
      Uni Nekkar >>> Top 10s >> 14
      Uni Vega >>> Top 10s >> 6
      Uni 1 >>>> Top 10s >> 2

Advanced hits never counted
      HOFS 1000 + :D So i stopped counting
      Over All Top 10s >>> 60+

• New

@piink

Can we have a vote for all three changes together?

x7 Eco, 50% DF and 0.8 deut
      All together

vs

No change at all
      Since 2008
      Uni 1, 20, 29, 30, 38, 40, 44>uni 1, Taurus>uni1, Kallisto, Polaris, Yildun, Quantum

Posted HoFs in Taurus since April 2016: 177 (merged 2018)
      Posted HoFs in Polaris since May 2017: 2 (retired)
      Posted HoFs in Kallisto since March 2017: 3 (merged 2018)
      Posted HoFs in Yildun since March 2018: 4 (retired)
      Posted HoFs in merged uni 1 since November 2018: 16
    • New

We should actually make cargoes and rec connect with hyperspace technology and all
      So it can increase cargo capacity
      Before we ask for a vote ?

UNI 40 >>> Top 10s >> Many :D
      Uni Mizar >>> Top 10s >> 6
      Uni Nekkar >>> Top 10s >> 14
      Uni Vega >>> Top 10s >> 6
      Uni 1 >>>> Top 10s >> 2

Advanced hits never counted
      HOFS 1000 + :D So i stopped counting
      Over All Top 10s >>> 60+

• New

As much fun as it'd be to have another boost to the eco on my account, I have to say that I'd feel obligated to vote against it.

Personally, sure it'd benefit me if Uni1 became x7 economy. My account would get to grow more.

However, if Uni 1 becomes x7 economy, Virgo, Aquarius, and Dorado (Dorado is doomed already who are we kidding :D ) MUST gain higher economies to compensate. Especially Aquarius.

Anything shy of that would be a quick hit of (fill in your drug of choice here) to placate the urge to get better things in the short run. However, they would doom players in the two previously mentioned (and any new universes after that) to a worse position come the inevitable merge that we all know will come down the line in 3 years or so.

Some people would point out that Virgo is catching up with Universe 1. Sure it is, and especially so for the top accounts, but the rest of them/average player will be completely screwed down the line. So much so that anyone with a dash of future planning won't bother starting, or continuing, playing Virgo. The knock on effects for Aquarius are obviously more amplified. It'd be easier and less hassle for a select handful of players to pick up rusty Universe 1 accounts. Hardly anyone would do that compared to starting in a more dynamic, younger universe with bags of potential.

What we ultimately want is a more active OGame. Killing off the insentive to start fresh in new universes, which give players the hope of reaching the top, is one sure way to kill the game quicker.

I mean... do we need to look any further than the results in Taurus and Kallisto? They gave people the opportunity to actually be actively involved at the top of the new Universe 1. Darkest_Lord, our new rank 1, is the perfect example. Would half these players have started in scratch in Universe 1? I severely doubt it.

Anyway, that's enough rambling from me....

TLDR: Universe 1 gets a higher economy. The newer x1 universes need higher economy to compensate.

p.s. This is my first draft. Apologies for any typos or anything silly.

~ Top 10s: 13 (17) + Assist on WorldWide Number 1 + Worldwide Number 2 (suicide) ~ RiPs: 80.366 ~

~ GO for Uriel - My SGO is nk320 ~

The post was edited 1 time, last by Kaldor ().

• New

Kaldor wrote:

As much fun as it'd be to have another boost to the eco on my account, I have to say that I'd feel obligated to vote against it.

Personally, sure it'd benefit me if Uni1 became x7 economy. My account would get to grow more.

However, if Uni 1 becomes x7 economy, Virgo, Aquarius, and Dorado (Dorado is doomed already who are we kidding :D ) MUST gain higher economies to compensate. Especially Aquarius.

Anything shy of that would be a quick hit of (fill in your drug of choice here) to placate the urge to get better things in the short run. However, they would doom players in the two previously mentioned (and any new universes after that) to a worse position come the inevitable merge that we all know will come down the line in 3 years or so.

Some people would point out that Virgo is catching up with Universe 1. Sure it is, and especially so for the top accounts, but the rest of them/average player will be completely screwed down the line. So much so that anyone with a dash of future planning won't bother starting, or continuing, playing Virgo. The knock on effects for Aquarius are obviously more amplified. It'd be easier and less hassle for a select handful of players to pick up rusty Universe 1 accounts. Hardly anyone would do that compared to starting in a more dynamic, younger universe with bags of potential.

What we ultimately want is a more active OGame. Killing off the insentive to start fresh in new universes, which give players the hope of reaching the top, is one sure way to kill the game quicker.

I mean... do we need to look any further than the results in Taurus and Kallisto? They gave people the opportunity to actually be actively involved at the top of the new Universe 1. Darkest_Lord, our new rank 1, is the perfect example. Would half these players have started in scratch in Universe 1? I severely doubt it.

TLDR: Universe 1 gets a higher economy. The newer x1 universes need higher economy to compensate.

U started this thread... And suggested 7x eco, now against it???
      About last replay...
      I could even agree with u...looking long way ahead... But that's one side of coin, other side is... Some ppl who already play at other uni with better specs don't whana bother with their acc in uni 1,cause they heave or will soon heave more points there, so when merge comes at some point will need to get rid of uni1 acc.
      We r looking for changes in uni1 NOW, regardless of other unis.
      I know few fellas who would come back from blue if economy would raise.

The post was edited 1 time, last by AywarGrozny ().

• New

AywarGrozny wrote:

Kaldor wrote:

U started this thread... And suggested 7x eco, now against it???About last replay...
      I could even agree with u...looking long way ahead... But that's one side of coin, other side is... Some ppl who already play at other uni with better specs don't whana bother with their acc in uni 1,cause they heave or will soon heave more points there, so when merge comes at some point will need to get rid of uni1 acc.
      We r looking for cenges in uni1, regardless of other unis.

I know & fully realise that I started the thread suggesting x7. I gave it a bit more thought (x amount of time later) & arrived at a new conclusion. We're all allowed a change of mind aren't we?

To the second part of your post. That is true & is a big problem. Actually, I know this was the case pre-merge in uni1 with players spending more time in Kallisto, or Taurus, and even vmoding their uni1s. That's a problem that I feel needs a whole other solution. What is that solution? I don't know yet 100% but I have a few thoughts I might put down later.

The balance is really, trying to make uni1 more "active", bringing more players out of vacation mode, and meanwhile giving new players to OGame a chance at least where they can catch up on players who are years ahead of them. Is that necessarily fair to the older players? On the face of it... no. But do those players at the same time want to play a game which doesn't die of old age? Do those players want their effort to have meant something in an active community? I'd like to think yes, bar maybe one or two players. I don't see many players wanting to be top dog in a wasteland.

So... that's the problem. I know my solution isn't perfect but right now I feel it's the best out of what we have. I won't go into explaining why again, that's in my previous post!

:gamer:

~ Top 10s: 13 (17) + Assist on WorldWide Number 1 + Worldwide Number 2 (suicide) ~ RiPs: 80.366 ~

~ GO for Uriel - My SGO is nk320 ~
    • New

6x eco would be ok since Taurus was that

Maybe in the future this uni can be merged with a 7x eco uni once the newer unis have had a chance to catch up a bit
      High ranked miner, been playing way too long.
      Also have a Youtube channel with the same name (MCW UK), and I buy deut at 2.4/1.4/1
    • New

I think the problem we have by-and-large is that the voting system has almost broken any kind of design or destiny arc for universes.

In the majority cases (uni 1 being the being an exception) people are wanting higher eco so you have pretty much every uni as eco x7. To the point where there are barely distinctions anymore. If the uni 1 vote had passed it would have just been virgo + a bit less deut. The point in new unis (apart from money) was to add variety to the play. If every uni is x7 eco then that’s a major aspect gone.

I think we all have to accept that the play changes with uni age and the merge is the inevitable culmination of that. Have fun and be rank 1 or whatever whilst you can then the dynamic will change. That’s just the way of ogame.

Please feel free to point out I have argued for higher eco all along - I have. But that was in the hope of better preparation for uni 1. It didn’t matter in the end.

Democracy is evil. ;)
      Display Spoiler
      Uni 44 ASSASSIN - HoFs = 362 (inc. 129 Adv. + 19 Sup. Adv. + 1 Top 10 ACS)
      RIPs Killed = 1497

HoFs Against = 0