Server setting changes

• Misc

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I strongly disagree with such suggestion. By nature I´m a positive person and open to change, but Vega already has it far too good to get even more.
      Allow me to explain.

For years after Ogame was introduced, X1 was considered standard, and flavor Universes such as U30 (x2) and U35 (X5) were considered exceptions for those who wanted a different challenge.
      Now the tables have turned - X1 universes are dying out, as the progress is slow and the daily grind for no apparent benefit is boring.
      Speed universes became a thing, DM was introduced enabling instabuilding, scrapping, merching, DF percentage got increased, Wreck Field was introduced to decrease the punishment of losing a fleet,
      Eco Factor got buffed in comparison to Flight, Deut consumption decreased. "Slowly but surely" isnt even in the picture - Ogame is steamrolling to become the next Ugamela and all the other pirate servers from a few years back that GF shut down. Those servers attracted huge audience because the progress was so fast, but the numbers became too absurd - sims didnt work, players played for a few weeks, built couple millions dessies, 50 million light fighters, had a few huge fights, got their dose of dopamine and then left seeking the next dose somewhere else.
      All those buffs to settings are nothing but immediate gratification - giving those without determination and skill a reason to stick just long enough to get to some milestones they could never achieve before, then leave the uni once they lose all that quick progress and start a new uni - where the circle starts again.
      There are so many ways to grow without actually being good at the game that for the most part there´s no more challenge playing it. Long time ago, losing 10k BS would set you back a couple months, now that amount is mined and/or farmed in a day. What´s the point in decreasing deut consumption? So hundreds of thousands destroyers could be sent at an ok cost? The whole reason not to over-build destroyers is because they´re hard to fleetsave and even harder to fly effectively. It takes dedication and skill to get that amount, and huge logistics to make them viable. Decrease the flight cost and suddenly everyone and their grandma´s can get there. Research time? Sure, let´s spend couple billion of ress in tens of different techs all done in a month without spending any dm, because nothing spells balance like logarithmic growth. For those who understand Economy 101, inflation is crucial to a healthy market, but overinflation causes a bubble. The faster a universe grows, the sooner we reach the point of saturation where clicking metal mine 50 and astro 30 just don´t make much sense anymore. Vega is at it´s highest peak at the moment - huge fleets, lots of activity, lots of new settings, lots of ways to build and lose what was built. Get used to that first before you ask for another change, it used to take years for a single change to hit servers, now we´re getting something new every few months.
      Try to think about spoiled brats that always get what they want when they want it, see if that´s a healthy approach for Ogame.

The post was edited 1 time, last by WhoDis ().

• TuneR wrote:

strider wrote:

Strider wrote:

If deut consumption is dropped to 0.5, you as a miner will have more deut to merch/trade and thus keep your production and cargoes safer :)

can you explain this a little?How come miners have more deut if its dropped to 0.5?

Their FS also will cost less and therefore, more deut.

And yes, I understand that miners FS cost is not really big, I dunno 200k deut perhaps? It would be cut in half. So you literally don't want free ress ._.

My S-mod is Rav3n - be sure to bug him if I trouble you :)

• Strider it is not that we dont want extra res. Say i spend 2m a day fleetsaving. thats 14m per week. Cut that in half saves me 7m deut over the week. Hypothetically speaking if my mines make 400m deut a week. I benefit around 1.5%

Now say you look at a big fleeter, he produces say 250m deut a week. But is maybe spending 100m a week of that fleetsaving. That will cut his costs by 50m.

thats 20% of production, and it might be more for all I know. So no it is not in the interest of miners to give fleeters such an advantage
    • I think we are going for some crazy multipliers. Might as well be playing ocrack servers. Having decreased deut cost will help fleeters the most, it does not provide extra revenue for miners maybe 700k-1mn deut maximum per day? Plus it would allow for fleeters to attack miners 2x as much. 10-20x research is quite ridiculous speed. The increasing speeds are getting to be too much.
      We need more GOs is all I can say.
      Buying Deut in Vega
    • Arturius wrote:

Strider it is not that we dont want extra res. Say i spend 2m a day fleetsaving. thats 14m per week. Cut that in half saves me 7m deut over the week. Hypothetically speaking if my mines make 400m deut a week. I benefit around 1.5%

Now say you look at a big fleeter, he produces say 250m deut a week. But is maybe spending 100m a week of that fleetsaving. That will cut his costs by 50m.

thats 20% of production, and it might be more for all I know. So no it is not in the interest of miners to give fleeters such an advantage
      exactly my point
      0.5 deut will help fleaters rape others, launching will cost less, saying that miners will save on fs is kinda funny?
    • Bit 50/50 on this. Only reason I'd be okay with 0.5 deut consumption is if I decide to fleet eventually. Other than that, its just not a good deal for miners. That Muppets hit absolutely should have cost a lot of deut...The size of those fleets? I'm not going to feel bad for em...They got a solid haul. The research increase would be cool, just seems unnecessary. IDK...Guess I'm okay with our settings we have now?

• Hope this doesn’t turn into big miners v big fleeters arguments

Think of us little guys....the deut useage is too high in this uni and that’s a fact. Almost everyone is in agreement with that

0.5 deut consumption didn’t harm any miners in quaoar and I can assure you we bought every single bit of deut going so the demand won’t drop for deut EVER!

Miners will mine
      Fleeters will burn fuel
      supply and demand always remains....
    • I really like WhoDis post.

Research times, I can understand but it's also something to achieve things. I know that I was thrilled putting on astro 23. Without using 1 buck on DM. All for free, and in comparising seeing guys leave the uni as they say "it's a dead uni", with spending real money on there accounts.

Talk about spoiled brats.
      Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
    • Arturius wrote:

Strider, the extra I would gain would be so minimal it would barely effect me. At the same time I would be giving a massive benefit to all the fleeters above me. All I'm, saying is 0.5 deut to launch has a massive benefit for fleeters and very little benefit for the average miner. To balance it out for the miners there needs to be something in their favour such as a debris reduction. That would make it easier for me to keep my planets safe, not making it cheaper for fleeters to launch at me.
      It is no problem , I will launch be that 50 100 or 300 especially just for you. see ya
    • Nope. With eco at x7 and DF at 70% you can keep deut consumption at 100% thanks.
      If you move deut consumption down then eco needs to drop to 5x and DF to 50%.
      Otherwise the fleeters just get an easy ride.
      Community Ex-Mod
      Xbox Live Gamertag - Canary Wundaboy
      PSN Gamertag - CanaryWundaboy
      Yeah I'm back.
    • TuneR wrote:

but you don't understand, you save 200k daily if you're miner and you accpet changes to 0.5 deut
      Ddddddd :quote:
      And who's going to buy it if fleeters get 0.5?
      Rates will be rock-bottom (as it was in Polaris before the merger) and the miners will lose out unless they just merch it.
      It isn't fair that fleeters get a huge economical boost with no DM and Miners have to spend real money to keep up.
      I have a fleet myself (although seriously contemplating chucking it in the salvage grinder) and even so because my primary playstyle is a minder I don't see how the universe is balanced if they just change deut down to 0.5.
      Community Ex-Mod
      Xbox Live Gamertag - Canary Wundaboy
      PSN Gamertag - CanaryWundaboy
      Yeah I'm back.
    • as a primary deut-miner (who sells the vast majority of deut produced) I didn't even notice the change from 0.5 (polaris) to 1.0 (Vega). For my daily FS and trading patterns, it accounted for less than 1%. I adjusted a fusion reactor down 10% to make up for it.

On the flip side, I saw rates skyrocket. No longer am I stretching for 2.5-1.5-1, in Vega I can ask for 3-2-1 and get it in a heartbeat. I sympathize with the fleeters from Polaris, because launching became 2x as expensive but . . . that's the cost of fleeting. I've been there before, I remember my top account in u39 (back when that was a thing) and it was super expensive to keep it safe.

I know the costs from u1, and that's super expensive because the eco is also slow. If there is a deut consumption decrease, eco should drop to 4x and DF should drop to 50%. This keeps that original balance the game was known for.
      Uni1, Polaris

Ex-uni39 (Hellknight), 21(Linkmaster), Hyperion(US)
    • Hatu wrote:

Not a bad idea. Agreed on eco speed is where it should be, unless...

My suggestions:
      Eco Speed to x8
      Deut consumption to 0.6
      Research Speed x10

I would agree to this.....I know I have pile irrelevent neutron items that are pretty much meaningless.....30 minute reduction on a 5 month research is really nothing.

Arturius wrote:

Oh come on, with 70% debris field fleeters have enough of an advantage in vega anyways. I would only agree to a reduction on deut costs if debris is reduced to 50 or 60%. Its hard enough as a miner anyways to keep your production and cargoes safe. In my opinion if people want to build a huge fleet there need to be something to balance that and currently it is the expensive costs to fly.

Let me give an example the hit the muppets did on spartacus, 70% of destroyed ships appeared as debris. then you have spartacus spacedock giving back another 15% of his losses. It probably works out, that of all the total losses only about 20% have actually disappeared.

I think anymore eco is just silly as we are already on 7x, remember most of us started with 2x. Also research speed should stay the same, its something to be achieved and planned not just happening.

Fields I thought we were getting 30 anyway, with another 30 on top of that planets will be huge and will never need t build another terraformer :P
      Art, TBH you miners have the 70% repair on defense, 85% if you have Engineer, you have geologist which increases mine output by 10% and all officers get you 12%. There are faster research and mining bonuses, Fleeters get what? 2 extra slots and i level increase in esp? We have also had our MD attempts reduced from 12 to 6 (that alone saved your ally mate a few weeks ago......). Really I don't think you can complain much about the 70% DF, there was/is an option to put def into DF......although I would say that alone would be a far bigger reason to bash defense. To me the def df should go somewhere. Anyway, I have seen the game tilt towards miners, would be nice to get something to balance it the other way.

I know people look at the Spartacus hit we just did, but the costs for that hit were in the many billions. 2 passes of recs alone cost ONE players recs 1 billion duet. I myself burned through 600 million and I have a very duet light account.

Anyway, I am not trashing you at all, just trying to see both sides. IMO, I think making solar plants more effective/productive would help out miners the most.....really they are useless past level 30. Maybe .8 would be a better start. But if we all (everyone, not just Art and I) have a productive discussion we might be able to find common ground. I know I was surprised at the activity increase after we went to 6x econo, so we got some of it right. :)
      Hey, I know letssled attacks you a lot with his rips.......and I want to crash those rips a lot!