Server setting changes

• Misc

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Thanks for you comments lettsled, good to know some people are capable of being adults. IMHO I don't see how the current round of changes have shifted it towards miners. so we increase the eco to 7x. Yes people with the biggest mines produce the most, but some of the big fleeters have great mines as well. It also however means there is more to raid for fleeters, so in my opinion that setting helps both parties.

DM has included relocation's - massively more helpful for fleeters. I still have 3 free relocation's from the last merge that I never even used. Officers benefit everyone with geologist not just miners.

As to the Spartacus hit, you all profited over 20bn I would guess taking into account deut costs. Say my mines produce 100m more than yours a day, that is 200 days worth (over half a year) just to break even with that profit. With 30% debris that the game was originally designed at, your profits would of been less that half that, and in under 100 days it would take a miner to balance it. With 70% debris the miners have to build big defences and run fusion plants just to stop their planets being raided. Therefore slowing us down.

So from where I am sitting the game is massively tilted towards fleeters in Vega anyways. So I stick by the fact that if we are giving you something extra we should get something in return. I think if you expect to get something so beneficial there needs to be a balance.
    • coming from quaoar on x7 eco and 0.5 deut i wasnt expecting such a difference but its actualyl quite insane.. i 100% think it needs moving although its hard not reading whodis post and understand the other side of the coin.. maybe compromise can be done like it has been said but the deut usage needs some doing and if going 8x eco is what it takes you will get my vote
    • Sorry to burst your bubble Art, but not because those guys made 20bn profits in 1 hit necessarily mean they are making those hits on a daily basis. Those hits with insane profits are a dime a dozen and not something that we see everyday. As seen every merger the first few weeks are carnage and eventually it dies down and we enter into a drought. That is where in the inevitable end miners will always take the cake. Case and point, for the longest after the hubsch account was crashed who ruled the top 10.?? 7/10 were miners. So the game naturally favors the miner regardless how you slice the cake it will always still be cake..

.Org
      Top Tens 21 (12 Acs/ 9 Solo)
      Hofs <----Lost Count
      Rip Kills 6.178

"I am a miner too.. I just prefer to mine other people's mines"

This Feline has already been reported and banned for being too cute
    • Arturius wrote:

Thanks for you comments lettsled, good to know some people are capable of being adults. IMHO I don't see how the current round of changes have shifted it towards miners. so we increase the eco to 7x. Yes people with the biggest mines produce the most, but some of the big fleeters have great mines as well. It also however means there is more to raid for fleeters, so in my opinion that setting helps both parties.

DM has included relocation's - massively more helpful for fleeters. I still have 3 free relocation's from the last merge that I never even used. Officers benefit everyone with geologist not just miners.

As to the Spartacus hit, you all profited over 20bn I would guess taking into account deut costs. Say my mines produce 100m more than yours a day, that is 200 days worth (over half a year) just to break even with that profit. With 30% debris that the game was originally designed at, your profits would of been less that half that, and in under 100 days it would take a miner to balance it. With 70% debris the miners have to build big defences and run fusion plants just to stop their planets being raided. Therefore slowing us down.

So from where I am sitting the game is massively tilted towards fleeters in Vega anyways. So I stick by the fact that if we are giving you something extra we should get something in return. I think if you expect to get something so beneficial there needs to be a balance.
      Art that is some good feedback....I forgot about the relocates, I agree that does give mostly to fleeters, although it does allow a miner to move out of a bad area. Again, agree most benefit is for fleeters.

I also agree it has to be give and take, I know fleeters got nothing with the MD reduction, that was also a uni original setting. Requiring us to use many more rips to pop a moon. To me, that was real big set back in the game, only other thing worse was when they deleted the old board posts. In the example of your ally mate, I lost 42 rips and the moon didn't pop...420 million res gone in one shot.

In uni-20 we had a 20% DF. In uni 40 we had a 40% DF that was a nice change. 30% was to little IMO, going to uni-30. The 70% I can see hurting the mining crowd...again, I feel increasing solar plant output to a more reasonable level (maybe attaching it to a research level?) would at least keep your mines pumping. I know when I was getting farmed in uni-30, I found I was able to rebuild super fast with the increase in econo and ridiculously high solar plant levels.

As to the Spartacus hit, true we made massive profits. That was the first one for me in roughly a year (I think, might be wrong), I would surmise most of muppets in 3 or 4 months. So they are fairly rare. Fsave costs are probably 60 million, so 100 days at 60 million adds up quickly. Also for example, I would surmise that half of the "profits" are going to end up in miners accounts from trades.

That said, IF we do decide to change the duet to fly, might be best to make small changes, so we don't upset the apple cart. I know I am always good with more econo, but I am one of the accounts with good mines. But 8x would be nice to see.....I think it would allow people to build up quickly, repair from a crash quicker and new accounts a little time to "fall in love with the game"; everyone likes to build things.

Thanks Art for your comments and discussion, I see where you are coming from.

letssled
      Hey, I know letssled attacks you a lot with his rips.......and I want to crash those rips a lot!
    • Remember few years ago when recylcers were too slow? Conversation went something like this:

*Player: Yes, hello, is this Gameforge?

*GF: No, this is Patrick. How may we help?

*Players: Yes, hi Mister Gameforge, we would like to file a formal complaint regarding the low speed of our recylcers.
      Would it be possible to increase the base speed considerably, or make recyclers use different propelant? Say impulse or hyperdrive?

*GF: It´s possible. We can make recyclers use different drive, make them faster. But it would also make them much more expensive to fly. Will that be a problem?

*Player (cracking open Dom Perignon): Not at all, get it done!

Hangs up the phone.

Hey Steve! We got those suckers to speed up recyclers! And they dont even know it´s only us fleeters, they think it´s general playerbase! BWAHAHAHAHA!

Steve: HAHAHAHA, you got them good Generic Fleeter, you got them real good!

Couple years later.

*Generic Fleeter: Um, hello? Is this Gameforge? I´d like to speak to the mananger.

*Kind lady on the other side: Yes, a manager is speaking. What can I do for you?

*Generic Fleeter: Yeah, remember couple years back when we got you to increase the speed of recyclers, together with their flight cost?

*Kind lady: Yes. What about it?

*Gener... Joe. Call him Joe: Well, it appears that if you increase recycler count from a 100k to 500k, or more, it becomes hard to pay for their flight cost.
      And since my friends and I put every ounce of our hard farmed ress into more fleet instead of mines, we now need you to drop deut consumption to 0.5
      Thanks.

*Kind lady flipping the shit up: FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST (sounds of chairs being thrown, windows breaking)

Line breaks up.

Joe: That went well.
    • -Arcane- wrote:

Deut consumption to 0.5
      Research speed x20
      @piink

I appreciate the pressures you might be under, but could I respectfully ask if you would be good enough to start a poll for Vega please as suggested by Arcane in his initial post ?

Thanks
      ~The strong take from the weak, but the smart take from the strong~

U44/Quant/Jup/Betel HOF's = 575~ ~ ~480 Solo [10 Top 10] / 95 ACS [4 x #1 + 11 Top 10]
      ~~ RIP 7007+
    • Vulcan_558 wrote:

-Arcane- wrote:

Deut consumption to 0.5
      Research speed x20
      @piink
      I appreciate the pressures you might be under, but could I respectfully ask if you would be good enough to start a poll for Vega please as suggested by Arcane in his initial post ?

Thanks

Any polls will be conducted after 10th December

They mentioned that on the merge thread a while ago due to all the outstanding issues with vmoded inactives and lost/locked accounts

So I guess we need to wait...
    • @piink Please may we have the poll when convenient to you

Deut consumption to 0.5
      Research speed x20

Thanks
      ~The strong take from the weak, but the smart take from the strong~

U44/Quant/Jup/Betel HOF's = 575~ ~ ~480 Solo [10 Top 10] / 95 ACS [4 x #1 + 11 Top 10]
      ~~ RIP 7007+