Lobbyversion 1.4.0 Discussion

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Lobbyversion 1.4.0 Discussion

New

NoMoreAngel wrote:

Dear players,

on Tuesday, 15th of January at around 10:00 CET we will get a Lobbyupdate to Version 1.4.0.

Changelog:
      [Feature] News hub: a site where you will find game news as well as links of interest.
      [Feature] Account trade: it is possible to gift/trade accounts through a token.
      [Feature] Micropage: completely new players will land in a new page with information about the game.

[Bugfix] Universes' age in days is displayed properly on IE 11 now.

To create Tokens to give away an Account, you need to open an extra page within the Lobby, similar to the Sitting-site. It is accessable when you click your E-Mail in the top right of the Lobby under the name "Generate Gifting Code". From this version on you then need to enter your Sitting and Trading Tokens in the popup that opens when you click "Enter Code", which is also accessable via clicking your E-Mail in the top right.

Regards,
      Your OGame.org Team
      I am quite keen on getting more information regarding the new acc trade system. Mort urgently though, is the need to know whether the takeover is instantly permanent, or possible to regret. The old system had a 7 day period before an email change was made permanent, and I need to know whether this is the case with the new token system as well.
      56G TD, Top 1 solo
      61G TD, Top 1 ACS

Kamil wrote:

Authority and rules are created to be opposed :D
    • New

NoMoreAngel wrote:

Instant and permanent, no way to revoke it by yourself. We don't know yet if there will be the possibility to revoke the trade for GOs.
      That is a really, really, really bad idea and extremely easy for people with malicious intent to exploit.
      I'd actually much rather prefer not being able to trade acc over such a horrendous way to implement it. Please do urge GF to reconsider this before loads of people gets their accounts fucked up over this bullshit.
      56G TD, Top 1 solo
      61G TD, Top 1 ACS

Kamil wrote:

• New

Dark Depresion wrote:

NoMoreAngel wrote:

Instant and permanent, no way to revoke it by yourself. We don't know yet if there will be the possibility to revoke the trade for GOs.
      That is a really, really, really bad idea and extremely easy for people with malicious intent to exploit.I'd actually much rather prefer not being able to trade acc over such a horrendous way to implement it. Please do urge GF to reconsider this before loads of people gets their accounts fucked up over this bullshit.
      I'd like to know how you think it would be extremely easy for people to exploit, when you don't even know the finer points of how it will be implemented? For myself, I imagine you will request the token, which will be a system generated, random and exclusive, key, that you can then send to the person you wish to give the account to. In the lobby, there would be a way then to "cash in" that key, and become owner of the account without anyone seeing emails or passwords. That seems pretty secure to me.
    • New

Somebody with access to your lobby account can gift themselves the acc in a matter of seconds. And if that happens you're supposed to wait several days for a GO to respond to the situation (and according to NMA, they might not even be able to help). Hacking and the like is still is thing you know, and with the ability to instantly and permanent make an acc change ownership, there is simply too much potential for a situation to get way out of control for far too long.
      56G TD, Top 1 solo
      61G TD, Top 1 ACS

Kamil wrote:

• New

You are assuming that somehow there will be access to the lobby account.
      There would be one, and only one person whom you trusted with the key generated for the account you are giving away. And if (and there is always an IF) GF has done this correctly, the person who is taking over the account would have to enter the key into THEIR OWN lobby, without ever having access to yours.
      That is, how I hope they are doing it.
    • New

Dark Depresion wrote:

Somebody with access to your lobby account can gift themselves the acc in a matter of seconds. And if that happens you're supposed to wait several days for a GO to respond to the situation (and according to NMA, they might not even be able to help). Hacking and the like is still is thing you know, and with the ability to instantly and permanent make an acc change ownership, there is simply too much potential for a situation to get way out of control for far too long.
      Important detail highlighted for the hard of reading...

People should not give out access to their lobby account. And I am very specifically not talking about that either. I am talking very specifically talking of the fact that a few seconds of unauthorized access to a lobby account results in several days unauthorized access to the game account. Do you have any idea how many friendly fleets and moons that can be destroyed with just a nights access to a big account? Not to mention the damage to the account itself. The wait for GF to restore fleets, moons and planets when this happens is historically several months, and this move multiplies by several times the number of potentially affected accounts. A few seconds unauthorized access to a lobby account can easily take an entire alliance out of play for months with this system! That is what I am so worried about. I am not saying it will happen often, just that the rare cases it will happen, it has the potential to cause extreme damage for prolonged periods of time.
      Simply put, people put way to much time and money into this game for GF to gamble like this with account security. There should be some checks and balances in place for a player to limit the damage as soon as it is discovered, instead of having to wait the excruciating long time it can take for the team to react even on the most urgent of cases.
      56G TD, Top 1 solo
      61G TD, Top 1 ACS

Kamil wrote:

• New

Just an idea but maybe the account swap / trade / giveaway function should have a security word/password the owner of the lobby would set up to double verify an account trade. So in the event of trading only lobby owner will be able to verify... Surely hacking an unauthorised users would not be able to get this as well. And Only through support system u can change this word/passcode
    • New

I really think they should make account trades revokable in case of a hack. Maybe make it to where it’s only unrevokebale by a GA or COMA or something. But other than that it’s a great re-addition

Predators idea is a good one but maybe have it send a link to the email account on file or even have an option to send a text over phone to verify.
      “War does not determine who is right — only who is left.”

GMOD but main sections are Polaris - Yildun, General and the SpamBoard
      My S/MOD is Rav3n so go annoy him if I have angered you!
    • New

another problem seperate to hacking is if a trade is being made and one of the parties gives out a false token but takes ownership of the acount coming their way.
      Ihavent clicked the link so it may be there is different token for trade and gift., maybe it could be set up so with a trade token the exchange doesnt happen till both tokens are entered and veryfied by the system?
      With the gift i agree that there should be a secondary check, maybe a verification email or even send the token code to the registered email for the lobby; that way a hacker would have to acess both email and lobby which should have different passwords to gift an acount.
    • New

i think the biggest problem is this

you cannot see the account you are trading, if i agree to give my 100mil point to some1 for their 100mil point account in a different uni. what stops them just giving me a 0 point account they just created?
    • New

I have a question.
      I traded / generated token code to a so called friend of mine
      He took it and he was obligated to give me his other account. But he didnt and he told me that if i want to have it back i need to pay 150euros.. :confused:

Feature] Account trade: it is possible to gift/trade accounts through a token. Account changes have a 15 days cooldown (a token can be redeemed for an account after 15 days from the last account ownership change).

I report that scam and theft to GOs and ask if they can explain to me how to redeem traded account in which i was badly cheated.
      If anyone else knows what that means, please answer
      Thanks all
    • New

Erasmo1234 wrote:

I have a question.
      He took it and he was obligated to give me his other account. But he didnt and he told me that if i want to have it back i need to pay 150euros.. :confused:

Feature] Account trade: it is possible to gift/trade accounts through a token. Account changes have a 15 days cooldown (a token can be redeemed for an account after 15 days from the last account ownership change).

I report that scam and theft to GOs and ask if they can explain to me how to redeem traded account in which i was badly cheated.
      If anyone else knows what that means, please answer
      Thanks all
      Lesson here not to sound harsh is make sure you trust someone implicitly before giving them your code. If you don’t trust them with your bank account don’t trust them with your Ogame account.

Sorry this happened but the way I understood it is it is unrevokeable. But definitely open a ticket up on it and just pray to the o God’s something can be done
      “War does not determine who is right — only who is left.”

GMOD but main sections are Polaris - Yildun, General and the SpamBoard
      My S/MOD is Rav3n so go annoy him if I have angered you!
    • New

Erasmo1234 wrote:

I have a question.

Publicize all his details on the forum. His username, game accounts, skype details, etc.
      Merchant dark matter abuse ends at level 20 storages. Come get me.