Liam Neeson racism admission

• NotD

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Largenton wrote:

Regarding your other point about race, what race actually is, is that it is a societal concept, not a scientific one. Race is considered a pseudoscientific term now as it is pretty undefinable and now science uses the term ethnicity instead. In this case, the Dutch court would have been correct in some respects to count Moroccans as a "race" as they are certainly an ethnic group, therefore part of a "race" and protected against discrimination.
      Well, from a law point of view (it happens to be my occupation) it is not that simple.

A conviction can only happen if the legislator (at the time of making the legislation!) intended for something to be punishable. So this trend might be true - but that doesn't mean it has implications on criminal law.
      Caught up in the game
    • Not sure if you are arguing that law is separate from reality or society here........

Like I said, race is a societal concept. Society dictates what race is as it is impossible to get a scientific definition of it. If Dutch society is saying that people from ethnic groups in Morocco count as a race, then that is the definition of race there.

NoMoreAngel wrote:

Nobody of the still active, not newly registered people, except maybe Cass and bibob will miss you
      And the COMA's opinion on the matter....
    • Largenton wrote:

Not sure if you are arguing that law is separate from reality or society here........

Like I said, race is a societal concept. Society dictates what race is as it is impossible to get a scientific definition of it. If Dutch society is saying that people from ethnic groups in Morocco count as a race, then that is the definition of race there.
      I'm saying law takes time to evolve along with social developments. And the legislator requires time to adjust consequently. Old law can't punish new standards.

Dutch society doesn't necessarily think so, this particular court did. Pending appeal currently and afterwards it is very likely for this case to move all the way up to the EHCR - the European Court of Human Rights. They will have to see if the law can be interpreted in such a way that this parliament member's comment is punishable.
      Caught up in the game
    • @Mafkees - Appreciate your response.

@Largenton - I read the article a while ago (in response to being actually able to make a proper answer) and I realized there's no reasonable way for me to put up an answer to it, much less meet your definitions of an 'intelligent discussion and mutual respect', so I apologize for my intrusion. This comment is merely to clear that up. Mind me not, if you can.
    • People need the freedom to be openly ignorant, and then met with small-scale social repercussions; in order to parse the thin line that separates morals from mores. It offers the individual to introspect and retrospect their actions, thereby learning from them. Sometimes this requires more time and conditions than others, but eventually most folks can reevaluate themselves.

There's a reason Kebab called me a "bigot," once... Only ONCE!

Trouble wrote:

Sounds like an expert clicker to me :D

Doc Brown wrote:

I have read several of your posts elsewhere over a number of years. I find your mental state to be disturbing and you probably need professional help.
      What you write in the spam section doesn't have much impact on the game as a whole ... But I don't like to see you attempting to influence normal players in universe 1.
    • I was raised in a sort of... penitentiary, I didn't have much to do in the way of socializing. My focuses were primarily devoted to academia, and so about the age of 14 Ogame popped into the world, and it was shortly thereafter I indiscriminantly used a racial slur without actually understanding it's etymological roots. It was only due to that instance, and a several others that I've learned why certain terms aren't permissable.

The impact was enough that it warranted Kebab insinuating I was a "bigot" when in fact it was only my behaviour at the time that was bigoted, not in fact myself.

In much the same fashion, Liam Neeson, is in fact not bigoted nor racist. If anything, folks such as the Wayans brothers would be all over this shit and making a movie, just saying.

Trouble wrote:

Sounds like an expert clicker to me :D

Doc Brown wrote:

I have read several of your posts elsewhere over a number of years. I find your mental state to be disturbing and you probably need professional help.
      What you write in the spam section doesn't have much impact on the game as a whole ... But I don't like to see you attempting to influence normal players in universe 1.
    • It is fair enough to say you have changed since then and have learnt why something is bigoted, therefore not using the term anymore. It is a fair analogy in comparison to Neeson where he realised the problem with his behaviour was contributing towards bigotry.

NoMoreAngel wrote:

Nobody of the still active, not newly registered people, except maybe Cass and bibob will miss you
      And the COMA's opinion on the matter....