iPad Login Problem

• Game

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• iPad Login Problem

Browser-extensions / Addons: Please deactivate them! No Support with Addons.

Bug description
      --------------------------------------------------
      • On which action did the bug appear: Trying to log in Yes

• How does the bug show itself: "A new password has been allocated to this account"
      • Screenshot to show the problem better (only if needed and please only upload the needed sections, not your whole desktop)
        (Pictures need to be embedded via https URL)
      General data for the bughunt
      • Internetbrowser with versionnumber:
      • Does the bug also appear in other Browsers?: no

• When using mobile / tablet - which operating system do you use: Tablet

• Internet service provider and connection type (LAN/WLAN/Mobile-Data): Sky Broadband and EE 4G / IP is dhcp assigned
      • OGame Version in which the bug appeared:
      • If this action created an API-ID, please share it:

• He keeps getting a message :"A new password has been allocated to this account"
        My friend turned in a ticket two days ago ticket number #
        [b]Ticket-ID: 17158936[/b]
      • A Staff member has not got back with him as of yet .

----------------------------------------

4 rip kills
      2 Ninja's
      1 moon
    • yes and it says
      "A new password has been allocated to this account" and wont let him get in
      nothing going to his e mail nothing to let him retrieve another password/spam box in email
      hello Wraith long time buddy

4 rip kills
      2 Ninja's
      1 moon
    • This is in relation to a bug caused by the last update which effects user's abilities to login via their tablets. As far as I understand this is only effecting those who play on iPad but it might well be effecting other devices.

The team is aware of the issue so the best thing players can do right now is to attempt a login via another device & vacation mode their accounts until the issue is resolved.

Also, if you're reading this & were effected & haven't submitted a ticket. Please do so ASAP. Without this there is no way we will know if you have been effected by the bug.

Asides from that, there is nothing much else to be done until the bug is fixed by the developers. They should be aware of the issue by now too.

As far as any compensation goes for lost ships. The protocol should be the same as per any bug related issues but I can't say that with certainty. I'm only a GO.

Hope that helps.

edit: It might be useful if the title of this thread is re-named to something like: iPad Bug or something! @NoMoreAngel

~ Top 10s: 13 (17) + Assist on WorldWide Number 1 + Worldwide Number 2 (suicide) ~ RiPs: 80.366 ~

~ GO for Uriel - My SGO is nk320 ~

The post was edited 1 time, last by Kaldor ().

• My Ipad has been totally useless for ogame ever since the lobby came in.

safari and app

all i get is the death star pic

i'm glad to hear that they are at least working on the issue.
      MOST HATED RANK #1

TOP 1 (solo) x 2 (ACS) x 1

TOP 10 (solo) x 3 (ACS) x 9
      Super Adv x 64
      Adv x 290
      Basic x 1711
      RIP KILLS 6518

• baal wrote:

My Ipad has been totally useless for ogame ever since the lobby came in.

safari and app

all i get is the death star pic

i'm glad to hear that they are at least working on the issue.
      Have you tried a different browser? I use Chrome with no issues on both my iPad and my iPhone.

And when you say "app" do you mean the old Ogame app for iOS? I thought that was gone and no longer supported?
    • I still use the ogame app on my iPad.
      But if it goes to the Lobby (which it sometimes does), you need to do a double click force quit, restart the app, and it should then display the universe list you can tap and go.

I also had the recent password request on my ipad. I provided it. And all was well, though again, it went to the Lobby at first. The app NEVER works if it goes to the Lobby. Force quit, relaunch and all should be well.
    • They announced a...”fix”?

“Dear community,
      we will apply a hot fix version today at 13:00 CET in the servers.
      With this update we will fix an issue Ipad accounts have experienced in the past days when trying to log in.

Note: once this version is applied, it will not be possible to turn Ipad accounts portable. This issue will be fixed within the next game version.

Regards,
      Your OGame Team“

What does this that last part mean? “Note: once this version is applied, it will not be possible to turn Ipad accounts portable.”

iPad accounts?