Aquarius Merge with some other Uni

• Misc

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Aquarius Merge with some other Uni

I THINK ITS TIME TO DO SOME MERGE, OTHERWISE AQUARIUS IS DEAD..... THERE IS MORE V-MODE PLAYERS WHO PUT THEIR ACC AND NEVER LOG BACK THAN ACTIVE PLAYERS, DOWN YOU CAN SEE (46) HOW MUCH PLAYERS ARE IN V-MODE JUST IN TOP 100, SO I THINK ITS ABOUT TIME GO TO DO SOMETHING, AND MB TO DELETE ACC THAT ARE IN V-MODE MORE THAN 30 DAYS.... :complaingrumble:

32PussyMone... (97.999)11.599.622
      33RaDaK (289.015)11.379.687
      34Wengeance (10.735)11.117.804

35[TIG] TONY45 (229.444)10.836.198
      36[TIG] Xip (6.780)10.553.076
      37[TSA] SlowEE (2.594)10.527.414

89 (1)Erasmo (69.805)3.349.621

97STONED (29.426)2.886.014

93ahsaya (9.914)3.086.150

98Seko (42.103)2.863.595
      99Kralj (73.639)2.737.449
    • woot , this is more terifying when you put in this way . i miss the old days when this universes were populated with more than 10000 players , but let`s be straight since gameforge gived full credit to DM ( it is dark ) , basically replacing skills with money , those universes start falling one by one , players leaving , V-moding... gameforge tried bring them back by adding x flight time , x eco boost , x research time BUT this is a knife with 2 edges because every noob can gather a 1bn fleet almoust over night and he doesn`t have time to evolve , to learn how to defend their fleet and when the inevitable is produced they insta v-mode ... as a conclusion OGAME is a dead game and you can`t change that not even with 100 merges
    • Think it’s the nature of the casual gamer these days. I still remember playing 7-8 years ago when a delay in the bus on the way home could spell disaster for your well timed returning fleet whereas now you just whip out your smart phone, log in and re send it out or create activity.
      These days gamers are used to such a plethora of free games it’s easy to play for a few days/weeks, get bored and find something else to play. No commitment at all.
      Ah well, a merger could be fun. Would mean some changes to fleet speed or didf or df to fleet as no other unis have the same settings as us. Not sure if you can request a merger but plink would know... smartphone ain’t so smart and can’t tag him so if someone on one of those big computer things can, we get an opinion.
    • There are 2 potential mergers - Virgo and Dorado

Judging from their thread on changing the Dorado spec ( x1 speed + x1 econ) it would seem highly unlikely that they would be interested in a merger.

This would leave Virgo with x1 speed, x7 econ and 50% DF and 470 active players, 3597 inactive and a total of 4067 registered.
      Aquarius has a similar speed and econ 80% DF and 50% DiDF with 169 active 404 inactive and a total of 573 registered. Initial registration was in excess of 1200 !!!

A merger would require negotiation of the DF%
      As for the DiDF, in my opinion this is not worth debating as in most hits it is insignificant, being 50% of the not rebuild def.

Even if a potential merger could be offered at say x1 speed x7 econ, 60 or 70% DF there is a massive gap between the player points which might puts a lot of people off.

The points of the top 15 in Virgo range from 88kk to 196kkk
      The points of the top 15 in Aqua range from 19kk to 66kk

Changing speed will only increase the numbers quitting.

Again in my opinion the underlying problem is speed of developing an account. With perhaps the exception of pre redesign unis, most unis are declining regardless of the speed and econ levels. Whether DM is the sole cause, I don't know, but I suspect that development time and costs play a major role in boring players. I have IRN giving me a lvl 91 research and to get 2 lvls of astro for my 12th planet will take 60 days research and 1.6 Billion res. Will I bother, highly unlikely. I have played Ogame for 13 years so it is unlikely that I will quit, but I suspect others may start to give up at a certain pint if they don't have access to DM. Lets face it, today's youth want everything yesterday lol.

Unfortunately GameForge will not change their business model (if they have one lol) until the DM cash cow dries up, and even then they will probably close the game down. They do not understand that the best way to prosper is to listen to the customer and give the customer what it wants.
      ~The strong take from the weak, but the smart take from the strong~

U44/Quant/Jup/Betel HOF's = 575~ ~ ~480 Solo [10 Top 10] / 95 ACS [4 x #1 + 11 Top 10]
      ~~ RIP 7007+
    • Alas, the basic problem is the greed, the greed of GF, but also the greed of players. One feeds another and so on. It started when they introduced the officers which was begin fo the falling slope. Then came this ugly re-design which smashed to smithereens all the fan-art of ppl who were doing their own skins ans distributed them among friends. A game which was run by enthusiasts became a game run by (poor) businessmen who optimize in a way that noobs who all wanna be top players can start over and over in new unis in which they spent heaps of DM for the start. After they give up, the DM sales decrease, so nobody in GF has the interest in keeping old unis alive.

IMHO this high recycling rates have a detrimental influence on the gameplay. A good player or a group of players having some time for gaming pretty quickly gain a pretty big advantage and become very difficult to be chased. Greed comes at the stage again, as many players, of course, want to be "top players" so they give up if they see that they are getting farther and farther. Yet if they are crashed, their retirement gets unavoidable. And again, they find it attractive to start over in a new uni and pay for some DM again.

Having it all in mind, it is even more joyful to still have some fun from this game regardless of the rank or the fleet's achievements. It's great to meet excellent players who play in this uni as well as observe new ones who play better and better and going up in stats.

So for me it is not very important with whom we merge, will not affect my activity too much and i don't care about my rank as well. To things I'd like to keep is the fleet 1x and DiDF. Also I'm afraid it can be difficult technically to merge us with another uni, but i had a long pause in playing and may be wrong.
      i learnt something today...
    • LETS FACE IT..WHEN YOU SHUTTING DOWN OGAME AS ITS DEAD.
      THERE IS OTHER SPACE GAMES WITH 10'S A TOUSANDS OF PLAYERS PLAYING.
      OGAME IS DEAD STOP FLOGGING THE DEAD HORSE AND GIVE UP AS A BAD JOB.

ALL YOU CAN DO IS MERGE US WITH A UNI THATS BEEN GOING SINCE THE BEGINNING THEN YOUR A BUNCH OF TOSSERS.

TBH I CANT WAIT FOR THE MERGE, CANT WAIT TO HAVE A LAUGH AT HOW MANY MORE PLAYERS YOUR GOING TO LOSE.

OGAMER SINCE 2005

The post was edited 3 times, last by forgetmenot ().

• Nothing can help you , besides only making a "Global server event" that merges US. - Org - De. and some other communits, when people register in their community nevertheles the ogame.XX domain , that all play in the same server, myb you could then collect cca 3-5k players, considering there are atleast 500k - 1bil active gamers ... so it's shame ye across the whole world that a single server can't hit over 1-2k players, eventually even if it hits that's most likely 30% of no for use accs and next 20% more Inactives within 2 weeks or so.. typical but sad... still GF benefits more from new uni's that people instant 1k $$ even more to get no 1 away from rest... then merging or doing anything with old servers.. thats true... still about merger idk witch goes what.. but it might just bring some excitment..

Looking For A Ogame account if possible "top" rated.
      Ex top 1 player across few servers .us , .org , .de

ty for offers.
    • It would be nice if you would merge with us in Zibal.......accounts are similar, but you would have to come up to x2 which would be a issue for some, but our uni is dying fast. Plus, if you came up to x2 we would probably compromise by keeping all your specs, except have 6 G's instead of your 5. Just a thought. I started Zibal 4 to 6 months ago and the player base has gone from 11-1200ish to 793. Short of like 4 or 5 active alliances and few randoms, most accounts are in VM.
      Zagy: "Enjoy building your ego with likes of your ally mate.
      Like we having 14 year old girls here. I expect now everyday status with some quote and selfie from toilet."
      Heretic: "If you want to make it personal...I might ask why you are asking for selfies from ppl you suspect are 14 year old girls and ones from the toilet no less. Creeper much?"

The post was edited 1 time, last by O_M_A_187 ().

• forgot to say, dont worry guys new unis popin each 1-2months so in 2-3weeks there is probably new uni so we will forget our problems for some time atleast xD haha and gf will fill pockets again

ty for offers.
    • Hola dude.

I am from cosmos universe which is also dead.

I've give up the game yesterday after 203 days.

The cause is not at all the DM. The cause is the attitude of top player. Greedy, they farm other until they quit.

My strategy was really bad, I settle all my planet in the same solar system. I made that mistake, it's my fault. But it show how greedy are top player. None get any regret to farm me, even for no profit.
      with this attitude, after 6 month I get tired to be just a milk cow and give up.

So before throwing the faulty on gameForge, or other player, be sure that you have played with the respect of other players. Because I think you guys are the main reason if most people that give up.
    • Nymeria wrote:

Hola dude.

I am from cosmos universe which is also dead.

I've give up the game yesterday after 203 days.

The cause is not at all the DM. The cause is the attitude of top player. Greedy, they farm other until they quit.

My strategy was really bad, I settle all my planet in the same solar system. I made that mistake, it's my fault. But it show how greedy are top player. None get any regret to farm me, even for no profit.
      with this attitude, after 6 month I get tired to be just a milk cow and give up.

So before throwing the faulty on gameForge, or other player, be sure that you have played with the respect of other players. Because I think you guys are the main reason if most people that give up.
      never place again planets in solar sys... myb it can work with mega defense or constant rs fs thing... but rather put per 2 maybe max 3 depeding where per galaxy.. cause that's some kind of safer... even tho late game ppl gona relocate so make it rare'r next time P: that same system or next by system stacking always gets you farmed...

ty for offers.