That’s all Folks !

• Misc

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• That’s all Folks !

I have been unable to log in since Thursday due a Ogame Ipad Bug , my password and email was cached so I had no idea what they were ( haven’t needed them for 8 months ) so finally kaboom :)

No hard feelinging to the crasher , suspect Assasins but could be anyone :) ( no cr as yet )

Hopefully this will be my last retirement ( I keep getting dragged back in )

Let’s hope that all the bugs will be ironed out in the end

Thank you to Kaldor for at least trying to get it sorted , it’s a pity your colleagues took 50hours to even acknowledge the ticket , ho hum

Good Hunting Everyone.

Serenity has been keeping me alive since Thursday by probing me every 2 hours , guess you can get some sleep now hun ..... xxx
    • This breaks my heart as the Admin was given two tickets and aware of the bugs with ipad and could of placed you in V mode til this was sorted out
      You have played hard bought Dark Matter contributing to Ogame financially and they could not help a consumer be put into V mode ??

Back years ago if your power went out or something major happen I remember where you could have people contact the staff and you could be Placed in V mode what has changed ??
      When has the members/players become less important ???
      Yes I am DISGUSTED .

THIS was a KNOWN problem and bug that ipad was having " in my opinion they should of had NO problem with placing a member in V mod. Why do the rules keep changing from how they was and none of us are aware of them. They change as each person see's fit when they see fit.

Some of us have placed money into this game some have not it really does not matter we are the very people that make this game active and draw in other people and we seem to get kicked in the teeth every time we turn around. First it was the MERGE OMG what a disaster was that ?? then its a bug in ogame with ipads and we can not get help from the ADMIN to save years of time and work and money from DM being bought ???

Sorry to the rest of the staff more less just upset and voicing my thoughts as we are becoming less and less important

Thank you for being a part of our alliance it was always a pleasure of being around you !

4 rip kills
      2 Ninja's
      1 moon

The post was edited 1 time, last by Serenity ().

• sorry to hear this story

we never spoke directly. you never once probed me, and i don't think i ever probed you.

but you still managed to cause the looniest war declaration between TPR and myself :D

you made a joke

i didn't get the joke

lets just put it down to cultural differences

:thumbsup:

GLIRL

MOST HATED RANK #1

TOP 1 (solo) x 2 (ACS) x 1

TOP 10 (solo) x 3 (ACS) x 9
      Super Adv x 64
      Adv x 290
      Basic x 1711
      RIP KILLS 6518

• I'm surprised no one took it down in over 2 days. Not particularly proud of doing it, but it was easy profits so figured why not..

As for your login problems, they coincide with the latest game update, in which there's an iPad related bugfix, so most likely this happened.

You could try to get your fleet restored (takes some time but certainly is doable) or even search for a better account. But if you're decided with rl, then wish you all the best.
      Display Spoiler

go away
    • I haven't had any issues with logging in via iPad or iPhone using Chrome. Haven't tried Safari though as I tend to never use it. I thought I remember Kaldor posting something about fleet restorations due to the bug somewhere here on the forums? But I would be surprised if they do that given the game isn't an iOS specific game and you can login via a variety of platforms. Still sucks though.

And I don't ever remember, in the past 12 years I've been playing that GF would v mode an account for anyone, regardless of the situation. You had to get an account sitter to do it for you.
    • Sorry that it was your trouble Judge.
      And that the Ogame team has dropped it's standards so much that such a ticket goes unanswered for so long =/
      as Farfetched said, given that it was an Ogame bug rather then (complete) user error, you should have a chance of a restore.

If that does happen - make a note of your email / password and store it safely (I use something called Keepass as an encrypted PW app.. for my important PWs anyway) :P

But all the best IRL if you do make the break.
      If you do stick about, then don't be a stranger ;)

@Cathedral they released an Ipad app for Ogame years ago, and while GF dropped plans for any further mobile apps for Ogame, I have seen no announcement from them that the Ipad app was to be discontinued entirely.

The sky is not the limit it is only the genesis of dreams.
    • Wraith02 wrote:

If that does happen - make a note of your email / password and store it safely (I use something called Keepass as an encrypted PW app.. for my important PWs anyway) :P

@Cathedral they released an Ipad app for Ogame years ago, and while GF dropped plans for any further mobile apps for Ogame, I have seen no announcement from them that the Ipad app was to be discontinued entirely.
      +2 for keepass

I remember the app, but I don't think it's been updated in years and I thought I remember seeing people say that it didn't even register newer unis after a certain inception date.

But honestly, with Chrome...I have zero issues on iPad.
    • piink wrote:

Dear community,
      tomorrow, 7th of February we are updating the Lobby and the Game with new versions.
      The update will happen at 10:00 CET.

Changelog Lobby 1.4.2
      [Feature] The News Hub has a mobile view.
      [Feature] The ban reason is displayed when an account is banned.
      [Bug fix] The info icon in the hint message of the account transfer is displayed in the correct position.
      [Bug fix] The field to redeem a code is now centered.
      [Bug fix] The links box is properly displayed in IE11
      [Bug fix] When an account is gifted through Ipad the game account is logged out as soon as the gifting code is introduced in the new Lobby account.

Changelog Game 6.8.4
      [Bug fix] Winning an auction does not mark activity on the account any longer.
      [Bug fix] Support link in the validation and password recovery mail is correct now.

Your OGame Team

Given the bugfix included in Thursdays update there, suggests it's still being kept UTD, even if their not working on other apps.

But part of the issue, as He admitted was not remembering his email / PW, without which trying another browser isn't easy.
      And these days, proper acc sitting can only be done with a sitting token, which can only be given if you can log into the lobby.. so almost a catch 22 there..

The sky is not the limit it is only the genesis of dreams.
    • There is only 4 email addys I used and have used for years , I have given all 4 email addys on the ticket but it all seems a bit pointless now.

All that needed to be done was to stick it in vmode for a bit until the login was sorted but ho hum that’s obviously too difficult

This is the 2nd account that I have lost due to bugs , the first was banned while I was in vmode , just seems that Gameforge like having it all their own way , if they mess up so what , if you mess up you get banned.
    • FarfetchD wrote:

I'm surprised no one took it down in over 2 days. Not particularly proud of doing it, but it was easy profits so figured why not..

As for your login problems, they coincide with the latest game update, in which there's an iPad related bugfix, so most likely this happened.

You could try to get your fleet restored (takes some time but certainly is doable) or even search for a better account. But if you're decided with rl, then wish you all the best.
      no hard feelings about the hit , it’s a war game and I would have done the same to someone else , I would have just preferred to get crashed because I made a mistake as apposed to yet another ogame bug.

I don’t really see any point in getting a better account or carrying on with this only for this to happen again in a few weeks / months / years.

The last account that got banned was in position #1 when it got banned (Uni2 pre merge) and I just don’t see wasting more countless hours to get screwed by poor programming and non existant beta testing.

I did originally have the logins saved , when I upgraded the iPad the file was lost but I didn’t really worry because the ogame app cached all the passwords , however the botched bug fix cleared the data and I was on a one way trip to a large CR

This shouldnt have been a huge issue as a ticket went in about 2 hours before the fleet was due to land , however apart from Kaldor , no one actually seemed to give a damn and time rolled on , by the time someone had woken up , 50 hours has passed and I had already resigned myself to having my name up in lights on the wrong side of the numbers.
    • Thanks for the offer but I just can’t warrant keep spending the time rebuilding fleets that are taken away due to piss poor programming and beta testing skills.

I have been offered a few accounts / lots of assistance but I just don’t see the point

Thanks again
    • Sorry to see you hit, sorry to see you leave because of a bug, & sorry that I couldn't offer any more help :(

Enjoy RL though :!: :)

GLIRL too :thumbup:

~ Top 10s: 14 (18) + Assist on WorldWide Number 1 + Worldwide Number 2 (suicide) ~ RiPs: 80.962 ~

~ Experience is something you gain after you need it ~