Bans without vacation mode?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Come to think of it, yeah, I don't think I've seen a single ban without v-mode since I started playing again.

Having your planet get bombed used to be part of getting banned, and probably the main part of why you wanted to avoid it. Just getting an enforced vacation seems a lot less punitive.
    • Bans without VM were only issued in specific cases, and ask yourself If some rule breaking that doesn't lead go to a permban deserve this. The accounts affected were destroyed and most quit. So, less players.
      Gone as BA.

Thank you ruby_kirby, you are a true artist. :)
      Be head to serve, not to reign(Bernard von Clairvaux)
    • it used to be for heavy insult

i reported a guy once for sending a message so foul and abusive, i couldn't let it slide. he was given a ban without v mode for 12 hours.

he was small though. hardly worth hitting.

in general, i always thought those bans were too brutal. most offensive messages are sent in the heat of the moment. i don't think anyone deserves to lose their fleet just for a momentary loss of control.

MOST HATED RANK #1

TOP 1 (solo) x 2 (ACS) x 1

TOP 10 (solo) x 3 (ACS) x 9
      Super Adv x 64
      Adv x 290
      Basic x 1711
      RIP KILLS 6518

• Has anyone actually had a permanent ban in the last year other than for payment issues???
      ~The strong take from the weak, but the smart take from the strong~

U44/Quant/Jup/Betel HOF's = 575~ ~ ~480 Solo [10 Top 10] / 95 ACS [4 x #1 + 11 Top 10]
      ~~ RIP 7007+
    • baal wrote:

it used to be for heavy insult

i reported a guy once for sending a message so foul and abusive, i couldn't let it slide. he was given a ban without v mode for 12 hours.

he was small though. hardly worth hitting.

in general, i always thought those bans were too brutal. most offensive messages are sent in the heat of the moment. i don't think anyone deserves to lose their fleet just for a momentary loss of control.

I respectfully disagree, being in the heat of the moment does not give you the right to wish anyone death sentence or being racist or just being obscene. People who can't control themself NOT to send a message after a loss should be sentenced just the way it is. Beat the wife, beat the children, destroy your computer or commit suicide, just do not say anything until you calm down, because those actions come with consequences. ^^
    • i agree gonzo

words can't hurt you unless you allow them to hurt you.

the guy who insulted me wished that my children would all be born blind, that i should die a slow death from cancer ... and other similar curses. all peppered with "F" and "C" words.

i didn't think it was possible to fit that many into a short paragraph, but there you go.

it was just words.

ban the player for insult - yes.

but without v mode - no.
      MOST HATED RANK #1

TOP 1 (solo) x 2 (ACS) x 1

TOP 10 (solo) x 3 (ACS) x 9
      Super Adv x 64
      Adv x 290
      Basic x 1711
      RIP KILLS 6518

The post was edited 1 time, last by baal ().