Evolution vs Creationism

• Debate

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Evolution vs Creationism

Checked and the debate is no longer on the boards. So here is a new one.

The denial of science has occurred for a long time. One of the most controversial scientific theories in the public mind is Evolution. Despite the overwhelming evidence, there are individuals that disbelieve reality. Creationists argue for a variety of things but that a deity made the world.

So. State your personal belief and why. Feel free to provide evidence to support that, opinions will be reported. For the sake of simplicity, Intelligent Design will be classed as a form of creationism.

NoMoreAngel wrote:

Nobody of the still active, not newly registered people, except maybe Cass and bibob will miss you
      And the COMA's opinion on the matter....
    • I have never believed in Creationism as I am a person who had dealt with scientific evidence and I at first wanted to study biology at university. The evidence we have in a scientific level is absolutely in favour of evolution. I have never seen any conclusive and convincing evidence that the earth is only a few thousand years old. That goes against everything we know. There is a vast difference between knowledge and belief. There is no shame in admitting that some of the evidence is hard to be understood as many people are not schooled at science. I would say though that even though I am a big fan of questioning, some trust should be put into those who are therefore experts.

Creationism is based on a book written by humans a few thousand years ago. In those times, knowledge about science was scarce, thus people tried to explain their surroundings with God and His doing. What seems to be ignored as well is that there is no region on earth that does not claim to know about God(s) and how the Earth came about. They differ, for good reasons, as all they used to know where their surroundings from which their beliefs came from. The success of Christianity has its reasons in what was promised, especially appealing to those who were poor. To elaborate this would need an essay. The problem is that many people take the bible literally, even though theologists often say themselves that those are meant to be examples to go by, partly stories of events that happened a long time ago and interpreted in a way they could grasp it, e.g. floods.
      Gone as BA.

Thank you ruby_kirby, you are a true artist. :)
      Be head to serve, not to reign(Bernard von Clairvaux)
    • Indeed, this is one of the problems I have with pseudoscientific belief, it requires faith. In science the methodology is an attempt to prove an idea wrong. If it can't be proven wrong then it can over time be accepted as theory. There is no such rule for faith, the acceptance of the flaws or to overlook can be misguided.

NoMoreAngel wrote:

Nobody of the still active, not newly registered people, except maybe Cass and bibob will miss you
      And the COMA's opinion on the matter....