Request setting change: Upgrade economy from x6 to x7

• Misc

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Request setting change: Upgrade economy from x6 to x7

Hello,

I want to suggest a poll to gather opinions about changing the eco from x6 to x7, to match a lot of other universes with the same setting and also to allow us to be better prepared for future merges.

It could also help to stop the usual abandonment of players, which in this particular server has been a litle bit dramatic this last few weeks.

An eco x7 together with the outstanding x12 research speed it already has (and the 6x fleetspeed which is great as well) would most likely make this server even more appealing for players of all styles.

Thank you for your attention.
      @piink
      "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities"
      --- Voltaire
    • I'd fully support this.

I've seen a lot of people quit due to getting slapped pretty hard, this higher eco would enable faster recovery and help keep a healthy player base, extending the servers life.

It would also enable late starters to catch up a bit quicker, leaving less of them left out of alliances etc.
    • Daydreamer wrote:

You can't have x7 economy because you have x12 research speed.

Can't isn't in my vocabulary and I'm not sure about research 'has' to be 2x the economy. I know many servers that are 6x but no research increase. So that alone means it doesn't 'have' to be anything.

Besides, things always change and evolve, not always for the better.
    • NoMoreAngel wrote:

The research speed needs to be a multiple of the eco speed, so this is correct:

Daydreamer wrote:

You can't have x7 economy because you have x12 research speed.

If that's the case then I propose for that to change.

According to piink's post that started the server polls, nothing states that limitation, is only asked that the changes are not crazy (which a change from x6 to x7 is not, and has been done multiple times).

Think it's noteworthy to say that is not just about one universe. Removing that apparent limitation would help improve the game and other universes to come.
      --- Voltaire
    • So people leave when they get crashed because eco is x6 and wouldn't if eco was x7? I have a hard time believing this.
      Also, the activity number, in my view, is just the state of ogame today. In terms of players active and players online I would say we are ahead of where Fenrir, for example, is given the difference in the opening date of the servers.
      Most server setting changes are presented with the goal of promoting activity in the server. However, no one present hard evidence for this. I would say activity in universes as a very weak correlation with its specs after 3 months of it being opened.
      I would be glad to read something that disproves this but until this happens I will just dismiss setting changes suggestions as changes to benefit the playstyle of the people suggesting them.
    • Fhdj wrote:

I would be glad to read something that disproves this but until this happens I will just dismiss setting changes suggestions as changes to benefit the playstyle of the people suggesting them.
      What kind of players / playstyle doesn't benefit with an increase in economy?
      --- Voltaire
    • What about making the expo hold times a factor of the universe speed. 1x, 2x,4x,5x,6x, 1 hour hold is 1 hour hold in all universes. sosuggesting for each hour hold = 1x, 1 hour, 2x, 30 minutes, 4x, 15 minutes, 5x, 12 mins, 6x, 10 minutes???
    • piink wrote:

renzuki wrote:

NoMoreAngel wrote:

The research speed needs to be a multiple of the eco speed, so this is correct:
      you didn't say it had a cap, so a 7x could have a multiple of 2 and be 14 research too but this statement.
      The current cap for the research speed is x12 so that is not doable right now.
      But that means the eco is limited by the research speed?

Point here was the eco from x6 to x7, not an increase of research speed which is, currently, very good.

Thanks.
      --- Voltaire
    • the main problem is that ogame is not the same game it once was, and for many reasons.

When pay to play was installed, it changed the motivation of gameforge.
      Their business model went to caring about money more than player base and overall game experience.

Take this with todays generation of instant gratification and people not knowing how to work towards something anymore so they jump from uni to uni to try and be the top dog, and when they cant be top dog, they know a new uni will come out in a month or two.

What i have said here is 100 percent true.

Think if they opened an original uni. Same specs as they used to be, haha.
      Maybe like 5 people would join.
      No speed, no instant gratification, slow ships so you would need to plan and prepare, no fast eco, so you would need to be more careful.

If ogame toned down the universe buffs and stopped opening new unis with better specs all the time, the game wouldnt die as quick, but that wont happen ever. Gamefore rakes in the cash every new uni when people try and be the top dog but cant because they dont know how to play, they just throw more and more money at gameforge.

They really just need to open unis with a note that the uni will close in 4 months.
      Then it would be an even bigger race, and there would be an actual end game, and gameforge would triple their income. Lol
    • morvlorv wrote:

the main problem is that ogame is not the same game it once was, and for many reasons.

When pay to play was installed, it changed the motivation of gameforge.
      Their business model went to caring about money more than player base and overall game experience.

Take this with todays generation of instant gratification and people not knowing how to work towards something anymore so they jump from uni to uni to try and be the top dog, and when they cant be top dog, they know a new uni will come out in a month or two.

What i have said here is 100 percent true.

Think if they opened an original uni. Same specs as they used to be, haha.
      Maybe like 5 people would join.
      No speed, no instant gratification, slow ships so you would need to plan and prepare, no fast eco, so you would need to be more careful.

If ogame toned down the universe buffs and stopped opening new unis with better specs all the time, the game wouldnt die as quick, but that wont happen ever. Gamefore rakes in the cash every new uni when people try and be the top dog but cant because they dont know how to play, they just throw more and more money at gameforge.

They really just need to open unis with a note that the uni will close in 4 months.
      Then it would be an even bigger race, and there would be an actual end game, and gameforge would triple their income. Lol
      Wonderful dissertation, full of nostalgia, old was always better, dreadful new generation that isn't worth a dime, a poem of desire for the time without smartphones maybe written on a smartphone itself.

Yet nothing to add to my thread or the request in it described.
      --- Voltaire