.org Trade Rates

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • .org Trade Rates

      Hello everyone. It's your resident thread maker here.


      So... this has been an idea that has kicked around for a while. It isn't my idea (thank @deazen) but I've been asked to share it for a while now. As you may have guessed by the lack of any long winded replies on the boards, I've been partially pre-occupied in RL activities.



      ;)






      Regardless. Here is the idea:


      Make the minimum trade rates between players 2.5/1.5/1 in OGame.org


      The idea behind this is that it forces everyone to offer at least 2.5/1.5/1 for deuterium (and other things) in trading based activities. The current rate is at 2/1/1.


      If the minimum is at .5, this then reduces the amount of profit that is available to those who use the current trade rules to "gain the upper hand".


      I fully understand that in a lot of places the current "community minimum" is at .5 already but doing this would cut down on those players who... to put it in a subtle way... have acquaintances who are willing to trade at bare minimum.



      I also fully understand that this isn't a magic bullet that will solve everything but it's an idea that can be a starting point.


      Feel free to first discuss this idea, as well as debate any other thoughts, approaches, fixes you may have. :thumbup:


      :gamer:

      ~ Top 10s: 14 (18) + Assist on WorldWide Number 1 + Worldwide Number 2 (suicide) ~ RiPs: 80.962 ~

      ~ Experience is something you gain after you need it ~
    • Also, worth noting, with the cargo capacity change i feel like fleeters can handle deut so much easier, perhaps to easy. This will incentive people to trade more with players and other stuff, i think it is a good change for the community :)
      Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
    • Will make very little to no difference at all even though I think it's a good idea, almost every merchanter will buy at those rates anyway or they lose out to the others who do offer those rates, the vast majority of deut they buy is not from friends but from many randoms. The first place to start would be to remove the buy resources function and only allow instant build for buildings, facilities and research but not shipyard or defenses. Those changes alone would make the game far more competitive for everyone and gameforge would still make a ton of money from DM.

      This change (sorry to say) will literally do nothing to curb any of the issues facing OGame, literally not a thing.

      This thread is nothing more than an empty gesture because to genuinely tackle people 'getting the upper hand' you would have to at the minimum stop buying resources and stop instant build for defenses and ships.
    • SnowWolf wrote:

      Will make very little to no difference at all even though I think it's a good idea, almost every merchanter will buy at those rates anyway or they lose out to the others who do offer those rates, the vast majority of deut they buy is not from friends but from many randoms. The first place to start would be to remove the buy resources function and only allow instant build for buildings, facilities and research but not shipyard or defenses. Those changes alone would make the game far more competitive for everyone and gameforge would still make a ton of money from DM.

      This change (sorry to say) will literally do nothing to curb any of the issues facing OGame, literally not a thing.
      The issue this change tries to address is pushing yourself via multi-accounting and not merching. There are players who have many miner accounts and one fleeter account, and sell deut at 2/1/1 to the fleeter in order to basically push the fleeter account forward.
    • People buy DM
      For relocation, Insta jump gate , Merchant , boosters etc etc
      If merchant value decrease
      People will buy Less DM
      Hence Less income for Gameforge
      Hence this is not gonna change :)

      UNI 40 >>> Top 10s >> Many :D
      Uni Mizar >>> Top 10s >> 6
      Uni Nekkar >>> Top 10s >> 14
      Uni Vega >>> Top 10s >> 6
      Uni 1 >>>> Top 10s >> 2

      Advanced hits never counted
      HOFS 1000 + :D So i stopped counting
      Over All Top 10s >>> 60+



    • AstralCodex wrote:

      SnowWolf wrote:

      Will make very little to no difference at all even though I think it's a good idea, almost every merchanter will buy at those rates anyway or they lose out to the others who do offer those rates, the vast majority of deut they buy is not from friends but from many randoms. The first place to start would be to remove the buy resources function and only allow instant build for buildings, facilities and research but not shipyard or defenses. Those changes alone would make the game far more competitive for everyone and gameforge would still make a ton of money from DM.

      This change (sorry to say) will literally do nothing to curb any of the issues facing OGame, literally not a thing.
      The issue this change tries to address is pushing yourself via multi-accounting and not merching. There are players who have many miner accounts and one fleeter account, and sell deut at 2/1/1 to the fleeter in order to basically push the fleeter account forward.

      That's the main focus. Couldn't have put it better myself :!:

      carbon wrote:

      People buy DM

      For relocation, Insta jump gate , Merchant , boosters etc etc

      If merchant value decrease

      People will buy Less DM

      Hence Less income for Gameforge

      Hence this is not gonna change :)

      It's true that a lot of DM is spent on merchant use, by merchant "**users". The thing is though plenty of players buy at .5 rates as a minimum so it doesn't shake the foundations of merchant use rather than brings everyone to the same level and nerfs what @AstralCodex was talking about.

      msmith wrote:

      Isn't your playing method on Xanthus merching cheap deut from your alliance?

      My alliance? I'm in alliance consisting of one player. Myself. 8| Like I've said everywhere I've mentioned it. I buy at 2.5/1.5/1.


      Sure I could've just asked my traders if they would trade with me at 2/1/1 and then make a hefty margin but I don't. Even if I did, that wouldn't have prevented me from suggesting this.


      Ultimately, my motivation & my goals are towards making & playing a better OGame. That trumps everything else.





      Anyway... & back to the main topic:


      The goal here is to bring more "balance" to the way the game is played, to both limit the more abusive aspects of the game whilst giving players more flexibility in the actual playing of the game. If I wind up contradicting myself in this it's because I'm still trying to figure out what that exactly means.


      In the meantime, I believe this to be a starting point to "fix" this particular issue.

      ~ Top 10s: 14 (18) + Assist on WorldWide Number 1 + Worldwide Number 2 (suicide) ~ RiPs: 80.962 ~

      ~ Experience is something you gain after you need it ~
    • I don't wish to sound cynical or be mischievious, but surely this is "fiddling whilst Rome burns" or a smoke screen to divert attention from the real problem.

      Until GF changes it's attitude towards cheaters and manipulators of the rules no amount of tweaking the rules/specs will actually increase player numbers.

      This is the least of the broken things that need fixing.
      ~The strong take from the weak, but the smart take from the strong~

      U44/Quant/Jup/Betel HOF's = 575~ ~ ~480 Solo [10 Top 10] / 95 ACS [4 x #1 + 11 Top 10]
      ~~ RIP 7007+
    • AstralCodex wrote:

      SnowWolf wrote:

      Will make very little to no difference at all even though I think it's a good idea, almost every merchanter will buy at those rates anyway or they lose out to the others who do offer those rates, the vast majority of deut they buy is not from friends but from many randoms. The first place to start would be to remove the buy resources function and only allow instant build for buildings, facilities and research but not shipyard or defenses. Those changes alone would make the game far more competitive for everyone and gameforge would still make a ton of money from DM.

      This change (sorry to say) will literally do nothing to curb any of the issues facing OGame, literally not a thing.
      The issue this change tries to address is pushing yourself via multi-accounting and not merching. There are players who have many miner accounts and one fleeter account, and sell deut at 2/1/1 to the fleeter in order to basically push the fleeter account forward.
      Uhm, if someone is pushing themselves via multi-account, making the profit margin from breaking the rules is not a fix, actually tackling and stopping the multi-accounting IS the solution. This is like putting a band-aid on a flesh wound, it's nothing more than a gesture that does nothing to actually address or fix the issue. If this is aimed at multi-accounters, they need to get banned, lowering their profit margin does nothing.
    • In my opinion this is good, although I agree that it does not address other problems of the game. It is at least an improvement.
      My surprise with this is that GF would go along with this knowing that they would lose money. If they are going along with it I think we should push for the maximum possible harmony between allowed rates and merchant rates. In the limit this difference would be zero and GF would theoretically make 0 money with the merchant (assuming that players prefer to trade with each other than with the merchant) and cheaters would get zero profits from scraping fleets or merching cheap deut besides a much more direct and illegal form of pushing (although I'm not sure the problem here are the rules themselves or their enforcement).
      In short for me, allowed rates should be as close to the merchant rate as GF will allow. I wouldn't mind those rates being brought down though because I don't see many people ingame (if any) trading at 3.2.1. Ideally we would settle on a singular rate per universe, in my opinion.