BA

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Parsec wrote:

      Me. I decided that. If you got any issues with my decisions, then please write an complaint to me in board pm.
      Oh really, so would you care to answer the issue raised in my signature? If that was the case please actually make your role clearer as it is clear that there is a problem here.

      NoMoreAngel wrote:

      Nobody of the still active, not newly registered people, except maybe Cass and bibob will miss you
      Not sure a BA should say this.......
    • Largenton wrote:

      Parsec wrote:

      Me. I decided that. If you got any issues with my decisions, then please write an complaint to me in board pm.
      Oh really, so would you care to answer the issue raised in my signature? If that was the case please actually make your role clearer as it is clear that there is a problem here.
      As I stated in my previous post then please contact me via. Board pm if you want a proper reply but I'll make an exception and try to address your concerns here.

      As I understand it then you were away gone for a while and came back as preparations for the board merge started.
      To ensure optimal load time we needed to cut down on the amount of overall threads and posts on the board and after a lengthy discussions with the community, we choose to start by cleaning the spam and games section.
      As you had no registrated user at that time and therefore couldn't participate in these discussions, then it's natural for you to be a bit upset but if I was you, then I would reevaluate my approach to such things in the future, as your reaction and overall demeanor towards the matter hasn't been productive and in fact had only served to weaken your case.

      We all feel a need to be immortalized and leave a legacy after we are gone and if you were planning to do that in form of your old posts, then I understand your frustrations but the fact of the matter is that things change with time and people are forgotten. Sadly they aren't always missed.

      Now to the core of the issue: the comment In your signature is taken from the spam section. The one place where users as well as teamlers can take a break from the more formal proceedings of the board and add a more human touch.

      The truth can be hard to hear but trust me. With time it can be liberating, as it will force you out of your shell and into new experiences.


      Regarding my role, then then best way to explain would be in form of this metaphor:
      Think of an ice cream sandwich. GF is one side of it and the team is another side - then I'm the delicious part right in the middle.


      I hope this answered all your questions.
    • I am slightly confused here Parsec. Mainly because I'm not entirely certain we are on the same page. This could be either because you are unaware of what has occurred or that you are Theresa May in disguise.

      1. You note that I came back after a discussion with the community was had. This is kinda false.

      On the 4th of February, NMA asked if it would be ok to delete the Last Post Game. Here is the post which he clearly states that there is some room for discussing this. I reregistered after my account was deleted by GF on the 5th of February. Here you can see me making an objection before NMA ignores everyone and just states it will be deleted.

      So I am afraid this is incorrect. I had an account and had made an objection. There are some other insinuations on why I am upset about this, but that is rather petty and I am actually surprised that you wished to draw attention to them as it merely makes you lot look inconsiderate. I mean, personal attacks on a user of a Gameforge board? Now since you are acting in a professional capacity in that post, you represent Gameforge at this point. This is a key element of my problems and one we'll discuss soon.

      2. My Conduct. Now this is not particularly empathetic at all. In a matter of fact, nothing can be considered problematic about my conduct. I have broken no rules, received no warnings, so clearly that is not an issue. I have not acted elitist, but instead have tried to encourage people to chat and spam here, creating threads, being polite to others which are newer than me, etc, which is pretty much in keeping in the fact that I wrote the beginner's guide here. Understandably there might be some anger on decisions, but that is not unreasonable and from interactions with particular mods it is clear that I am not being vindictive or nasty towards them about it, but again, I will be reasonable.

      3. The signature. The signature is a quote from him after he really did make a useless statement hoping it wouldn't be spammed. On the spamboard....... let that sink in how ridiculous that is. Because even the US posters started spamming that thread, despite the serious business label. And we spammed with them, to try and establish a community again. So he got annoyed at me and @Leifericksen and told us we weren't welcome because we pointed out something absurd.

      Now there are one or two problems with that. The first problem is that it is an intent to insult. That is against the GF rules as outlined here. There is a problem here that of course NMA is a BA by himself, with what seems to be limited oversight as there is no balance to his power, meaning he could theoretically do whatever he wanted and there are no individuals that we have been made aware of that can override his decisions or dispose discipline if he was to abuse his power by picking on the users.

      4. It's the spamboard. Now you make this point that because it is the spamboard that it is a place for users to relax and let their hair down. This is true, however, there are two problems. Firstly, NMA was acting in an official capacity on the thread. The thread shows clearly that he was attempting to state how it should be conducted, that there should be no spam. So your point is invalid. To add further, NMA with his BA status clearly indicated is a representative of GF on these forums. As a representative he is the public face of your company. You would not count as there is nothing to show that you are HR and we only have your word on it. As the public face, belittling a user in what is clearly an elitist way is terrible customer service. It is against the role of his job, which is to run and maintain the boards. That includes tendering to the community, ensuring that people feel part of it and therefore continuing customer loyalty. Not doing so damages Gameforge. It is irresponsible. Even if a user is being annoying, that does not give anybody in authority the right to belittle them. Because doing so is abuse of power.

      NoMoreAngel wrote:

      Nobody of the still active, not newly registered people, except maybe Cass and bibob will miss you
      Not sure a BA should say this.......
    • As a former B.A. I see both side's I have had players mad at me happy with me and not seen eye to eye with some of my admin. mates but at the end of the day what matters is how we decide to react to change's and some of the new limitations placed on thread size i disagree with it . and I disagree with the removale of the older threads due to loss of history. and memories of friends who have come and gone and some we're taken from us before they could grow. even deeper into our memories R.I.P. Lakinsky but those threads could have been saved as a downloadable zip file on request to the coma. .

      Of course with certain content. censored for DPA and t&c conditions. to protect users and staff alike.

      So lets work and enjoy what we have and see if GF will get a NEW SOFTWARE provider for the board software. that can handle the larger threads again. and not have performance issues .

      And after all it all rolls down hill the Staff have to hear it from us then so on lets be constructive and not disruptive. and we can have a productive talk about it. with the staff here. to get it fixed or improved for all of us. but that's just my two cent's .

      I'm not pretty I'm not graceful I am the inevitable fact of truth.there is no unwinnable situation.
      ogame.support.gameforge.com/en
    • In my experience, 90% of admins in all forums, games, sites, whatever are just power hungry people especially when it's not an actual job and they can't really lose anything by using that power. So most of the times they just end up being assholes
    • Neos the banned boi wrote:

      In my experience, 90% of admins in all forums, games, sites, whatever are just power hungry people especially when it's not an actual job and they can't really lose anything by using that power. So most of the times they just end up being assholes
      In my experience, users want rules until its time to follow them. Then you either get upset because you don't think you broke the rules, or you get upset because you think the admin shouldn't enforce the rules. Its always the same. Rules are only good if they are convenient for you.

    • There is a need for rule's but not enforcing them or making loop holes for hard set rule's make's an archaic mess of what the rule's mean and are for.
      that said. I do think in the instance's of where a very old thread and or topic has to be closed. it should be saved to a compressed file. as I said before to be sent per request.to the Coma . with proper adjustments to comply with DPA agreements and T&C conditions. then down loaded as a zip file to the requesting party. untill such time as GF gets a new software provider that has dependable and reliable soft ware. for the board.

      I'm not pretty I'm not graceful I am the inevitable fact of truth.there is no unwinnable situation.
      ogame.support.gameforge.com/en