Specs revisited

• Misc

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Old_Fella wrote:

Nah, i'd say GF has alot of programmers, why can't they merge servers accros country's that are simmular in stats.. is it that hard to connect 2 databases or even more into one... just the right code and abit of adjustmenet and stuff... but i doubt anyone is trying to bybrind that idea to the coders or even gf head chief's to even try that.. since merging the servers within one domain is kinda imbalanced alrdy... So rather connect other's databases across the domains into one bigger... You could also say that if you put together all domains and count players sign in ( that actually play instead of double accs that go vmode or inactive in 7 days ) you can't even summ arround 5-10k players playing individually from cca milions of players that played this long time ago.. Also only succes they kinda made was that classic ogame server few years ago they made and shut down, it had over 4-5k players even... that's more then across simultanious alot of domains.. :P
      they got exactly 1 and half programmer for ogame (they borrow 1 from other projects from time to time)
    • sorry but if we had a vote i would vote to stay as we are
      the slower speed is a welcome brake from the other faster uni's it gives you time to think and plan ahead
      DEF to DF i dont like it but it keeps you on your toes it makes you fleetsave plan ahead work harder!
      if the above is staying as it is then the DF % should as well because if the fleeter's aren't getting any faster they wont want to give up any of the DF
    • Some of you really don't get it do you.
      This isn't about personal preference any more, it is about survival of the Uni.

10 months ago there were 1200+ active players. Now there are 150

One of the major reasons is that the high DF and Def into DF creates an imbalance in growth.
      Attackers benefit far too much so the gap to lower ranks increases out of proportion.
      Consequently people get fed up and leave.

@captain-destructo - Speed doesn't change.

This suggestion slows the growth rate of the higher ranks and makes the lower ranks less attractive targets.

If nothing changes, within a couple of months we will be down to less than 100 - we have 10 in the last week. By the time a merger comes aroung there could be just a handful of players.

It is time to put personal demands to one side and look at what's best for the Uni.
      It would be very surprising if there is a merger this year, and even so, as I pointed out earlier, mergers just hasten decline anyway.
      ~The strong take from the weak, but the smart take from the strong~

U44/Quant/Jup/Betel HOF's = 575~ ~ ~480 Solo [10 Top 10] / 95 ACS [4 x #1 + 11 Top 10]
      ~~ RIP 7007+
    • I doubt any merge will come as someone mentioned be4 2 years of time atleast for our uni... About defense into df stuff... well that tells you dont build defense... / or in some case > dont rebuild def constantly after being hit...Dont also keep investing high nunmbers into fleet instead forward it into something "end game" smarter... idk.. there is still fact not even 100 ppl play .. and those top 200+ are still green to most.. so it's like they'r vmod.ed ... still make the best out of situation... or vote for some server changes again maybe... idk..

”You see, when you take life, you live deep in fear that your life will be taken away as well. When you harm others, you’re only just harming yourself”
    • Well, i think that we all agreed, that the growing gap between the high and low ranked players is something which needs be countermeasured. Unfortunately, the reactions for the countermeasures prosed up to the date are divergent. Hence, it looks that we may need more purposive changes.

Difficult to say if any of that can be ever applied, but i managed to make up a few ideas:

1. Extension of (n) protection with keeping this fleet escape ratio (which i hated so much when return to playing after years, lol).

2. For lower rank players, the plunder rate on inactives up to 100%.

3. More harsh consequences for bandits (higher fuel consumption?).

4. After a long enough innactivity, (v) accounts are not deleted but they are announced in the account trade section or given to decision of the last alliance leader so that can go somehow to players looking for free accs. In the case of DM on the acc, subsequent days cost DM, e.g. DM (n)= 2^n, where DM(n) is DM lost in the n-th day of inactivity.

5. Introducing taxes: for hits bigger than advaced, the attacker puts some small % of profit on an inactive moon of arbitrary choice. Low ranked players who find it - take it.

Lol, all rite enough 4 some time. If it is pure SF you can tell me STFU, noob, but if there are any chances thatit can help, maybe it is worth to discuss these ideas in a quantitative way.
      i learnt something today...
    • I am pretty noob (i think) on this universe (rank 120ish).

As for answering the question of how to keep lower ranked players being attacked by higher ranked ones, why not as a suggestion, make it so that people can only attack other people who are within 25% of each other, so that people who have over 50+Million points cannot attack people with points less than 12.5M points. The actual percent can be tweaked it is just an arbitrary number for now to use to suggest the idea.

Or it could be based on fleet points as well so those with 50+million fleet points can only attack people with more than 12.5million fleet points etc.

As for the original question:

Perhaps it might be time to request a poll that might benefits everyone
      One question, simple yes/no vote

Reduce fuel to 0.5, reduce DF to 70%, scrap Def to DF

Please discuss......

I think getting rid of DF to debris makes turtles prosper and thrive, which would make me happy but I can see other people (*cough* fleeters *cough*) unhappy.

I think lowering the DF% might either make top fleeters more scared because their fleet is worth more to another (or 2+ in acs) fleeter/s which might be more incentive to crash higher ranked players. On the other hand it might make players with smaller fleets seem more attractive as a target because of the increased DF% from their fleet. I think an increase in DF% will increase fleeters (of all ranks) numbers and their numbers will go up.

I would vote for faster research time and more fields any day because that doesn't affect turtles/fleeters singularly but rather both of them equally positively as I think everyone wants faster research and more fields :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I would rather see a change to the newbie system overall so that there wasn't a cap at 500k points but rather a more complex system whereby people can only attack people within a certain % of their total points. Maybe also make it so bandits can be attacked by any players of all ranks as it is just now.

1. Extension of (n) protection with keeping this fleet escape ratio (which i hated so much when return to playing after years, lol).

2. For lower rank players, the plunder rate on inactives up to 100%.

3. More harsh consequences for bandits (higher fuel consumption?).

I like these ideas, they seem pretty interesting to put in place xD

My 2c worth :shrug: :shrug:
    • We already have the max extra fields from the last poll.
      Research cannot be adjusted in existing Unis, only in new ones.
      Basically only DF%, Def in DF% and fuel% are the remaining 3 areas that can be adjusted.

As the "pass" mark is 80%, and a "No" vote being worth 4 "Yes" votes there is no point in having a poll for each of the 2 as they will all be voted down.

The only option is to combine them in one question so both fleeters and miners gain something.

BTW - on the 27th March we had 150 aactive players
      today the 5th April we have 130 !!!!!!!!!

U44/Quant/Jup/Betel HOF's = 575~ ~ ~480 Solo [10 Top 10] / 95 ACS [4 x #1 + 11 Top 10]
      ~~ RIP 7007+
    • It looks like we cannot boost research to x12

From @piink - If your eco speed is x7 you already run out of possibilities so there is no chance in this case.

BTW - on the 27th March we had 150 active players
      on the 5th April we had 130 active

today 26th April we are down to 125 active

Perhaps we should have a poll to reduce econ to x6

then a poll to increase research to x12

then a poll for a straight yes/no for - Reduce fuel to 0.5, reduce DF to 70%, scrap Def to DF

~~ RIP 7007+
    • If we are going to have a poll I would prefer two parts.......

1. Reduce fuel to 0.5, reduce DF to 70%, scrap Def to DF = YES/NO

2. Reduce Eco speed to x6 and increase Research to x12 = YES/NO

btw, we are now down to 120 active

~~ RIP 7007+