This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

NoMoreAngel wrote:

Dear Players,

as you know we are going to get a few communities merged into our board. Our board will then get more sections for the other communities that join and some of those communities will use our sections. With all those sections our current board would look cluttered and everyone would need to scroll a long time to find things, that's why the Gameforge requires us to slim down our current layout.

So far our plan looks like this:
      1. Close the "Rules" section and move the threads into the respective sections
      2. Close the "Help&Questions" subsections and create labels for "Board", "Game" and "Bug". The "FAQ&Guides" section would get moved into an archive and linked in the "Help&Questions" section
      3. Close the "Bugs" section as it will be in the "Help&Questions" section with a label
      4. Keep the "General" and "Feedback & Criticism" section, move the "Team members" and "Goodbye Forum"
      5. Close the "Tools, Scripts and Sims" section. It will get a complete overhaul.
      6. Resort the universe section (there is no plan yet in which way it should get sorted)
      7. Close the "Creative Corner"-Category. This includes the "RP-Area" and "Fan Art" sections. The sections would get archived and depending on how the other communities had their sections we would create a global "Creative Corner"
      8. Close the "Entertainment and Tech" section and create labels for it in the "Discussionboard" section
      9. Rename the "Discussionboard" (name hasn't been decided yet)
      10. Rename the "User Introduction Boards" to "Introduction&Goodbye-Board" and move the threads from "Team members" and "Goodbye Forum" into here
      11. Hide the archives from the Boardlist so that it doesn't get shown all the time
      Please let us know your feedback to this. Some of the sections might also get labels to make them internationally accessible that aren't listed as such on the current list.

Your OGame Team.

Board Admin
      OGame-Tech Chief
    • No offense NMA but at the rate it's going the board will be unusable at all and completely user unfriendly.
      Or are you blantantly making it so user's just stop coming to the board all together.
      Instead of destroying the board to suit the BAD software raise hell and get new board software. period.
      what your doing and what has been changed in game over the last 6 years is what kills game's and the exact reason players do not trust the staff at all.
      performance is nothing with no one to use it.

I'm not pretty I'm not graceful I am the inevitable fact of truth.there is no unwinnable situation.
      ogame.support.gameforge.com/en
    • i was surprised to learn that new communities are coming in.

international communities?

who are they, and will we still have to speak in English?

is this a precursor to international merges?

apologies if i've missed this information from somewhere else.
      MOST HATED RANK #1

TOP 1 (solo) x 2 (ACS) x 1

TOP 10 (solo) x 3 (ACS) x 9
      Super Adv x 64
      Adv x 290
      Basic x 1711
      RIP KILLS 6518

• Blackmass wrote:

No offense NMA but at the rate it's going the board will be unusable at all and completely user unfriendly.
      Or are you blantantly making it so user's just stop coming to the board all together.
      Instead of destroying the board to suit the BAD software raise hell and get new board software. period.
      what your doing and what has been changed in game over the last 6 years is what kills game's and the exact reason players do not trust the staff at all.
      Ain't that grand words coming from one of the absolute worst BAs we have suffered here. As I recall, you personally oversaw several of the worst decisions in the history of the board.

It is very clear at this point that GF is more interested in keeping warm in the fires emanating from all their burning bridges rather than putting out the fires.
      56G TD, Top 1 solo
      61G TD, Top 1 ACS
      137G TD, Top 1 solo ninja
      In order to insult me, I must first value your opinion...Nice try though.
    • don't mind changes, i just mind mods who are friends with people i try to troll/insult/fail troll/fail insult/ worst if i get totally ignored/...

cause in my experience ( i am kind of being serious here)

those kind of mods are like.....

idk...

noobs

as for forum per se....its ok, rarely read it apart from quantum cyngus or music thread
    • baal wrote:

i was surprised to learn that new communities are coming in.

international communities?

who are they, and will we still have to speak in English?

is this a precursor to international merges?

apologies if i've missed this information from somewhere else.

No lol, they are closing their board to save $$$, what is the fact to pay for 10 boards with low users if they can all fit on one board...
      they will still have their game link ongoing..

aswell, i think we will be able to message in non english, i mean they can not force other communities to speak english if they maybe cant speak english...
    • Maybe work more in merging unis eitch would bring more then merging boards and stuff.. the new things arent that bad, but as someone mentuoned, alrdy low active number of ppl post not to tall about visiting.. if thats new way you eanna merge to increase the "activity"... It ll just bring more mess... Rather use this time to do something usefull to players ingame then outside for board that is like become " site to visit when u have nothing to do" ..

”You see, when you take life, you live deep in fear that your life will be taken away as well. When you harm others, you’re only just harming yourself”
    • Dark Depresion wrote:

Blackmass wrote:

No offense NMA but at the rate it's going the board will be unusable at all and completely user unfriendly.
      Ain't that grand words coming from one of the absolute worst BAs we have suffered here. As I recall, you personally oversaw several of the worst decisions in the history of the board.

It is very clear at this point that GF is more interested in keeping warm in the fires emanating from all their burning bridges rather than putting out the fires.
      ACtually no I didn't when the archives started getting removed I was In D.C. and was against it stop telling stories.

..::Edit by NoMoreAngel|Warned for Spam/Offtopic|1.4.2019|20:51:12::..

I'm not pretty I'm not graceful I am the inevitable fact of truth.there is no unwinnable situation.

The post was edited 1 time, last by NoMoreAngel ().

• Blackmass wrote:

ACtually no I didn't when the archives started getting removed I was In D.C. and was against it stop telling stories.
      Maybe you were against it in private, but you sure as Hell didn't show it publicly. In public you vehemently supported your co-BA even after he'd been forced to resign, claiming simultaneously that he just executed your plan and that it was a mutual plan . About 1/3 of the team resigned as a direct consequence of how you BOTH handled that case.

But even then, that was just one case (albeit a massive one). There was a hundred different ones, equally as bad, just on a smaller scale, and most of them more related to you as a person. You keep up your illusions. Your time as a BA was a disgrace, and will forever be remembered as such by the rest of us.

This is a bad, bad move from GF, especially the whole "deleting history"-thing. But we've been down that path before. They don't care, and I don't have the patience to try and make them understand why it is such a bad idea. Sometimes you just need to hand them the gasoline, sit back and watch the bastard go up in flames.

..::Edit by NoMoreAngel|Warned for Spam/Offtopic|1.4.2019|20:51:56::..
      56G TD, Top 1 solo
      61G TD, Top 1 ACS
      137G TD, Top 1 solo ninja
      In order to insult me, I must first value your opinion...Nice try though.

The post was edited 2 times, last by NoMoreAngel ().

• Dark Depresion wrote:

Blackmass wrote:

Maybe you were against it in private, but you sure as Hell didn't show it publicly. In public you vehemently supported your co-BA even after he'd been forced to resign, claiming simultaneously that he just executed your plan and that it was a mutual plan . About 1/3 of the team resigned as a direct consequence of how you BOTH handled that case.
      But even then, that was just one case (albeit a massive one). There was a hundred different ones, equally as bad, just on a smaller scale, and most of them more related to you as a person. You keep up your illusions. Your time as a BA was a disgrace, and will forever be remembered as such by the rest of us.

This is a bad, bad move from GF, especially the whole "deleting history"-thing. But we've been down that path before. They don't care, and I don't have the patience to try and make them understand why it is such a bad idea. Sometimes you just need to hand them the gasoline, sit back and watch the bastard go up in flames.

LOL I'm gonna steal those memes DD but yes I did and I raised caine in private about it. and I was vocal about publicly too. I also wqas telling every one to save all their favorite hits and cr's while they can as I was against the removal .

• So could you tell us exactly whether our opinions will be listened to? Because your track record isn't good on that. Just like an inability to apologise for being unprofessional NMA....

Also, do we get told about changes or do they just happen? For some reason the spamboard is inaccessible and I can't see any information given.

Poor communication about this indeed.

NoMoreAngel wrote:

Nobody of the still active, not newly registered people, except maybe Cass and bibob will miss you
      And the COMA's opinion on the matter....
    • Where has the Spamboard gone?

Waaaait... Don't tell me... Let me guess..

*deleted *

..::Edit by NoMoreAngel|Warned for spam/offtopic|1.4.2019|21:15:06::..

Originally posted by Nightingale
      Some women are worth swallowing your pride. Some are only useful if they swallow.

• Naughty Angel wrote:

Where has the Spamboard gone?

Waaaait... Don't tell me... Let me guess..

*deleted *
      My sweetest dear it appears to be gone or listed in some twilight zoned area we can't see. due to bad board administration. from a tech chief who just knows everything. that I regret naming as the other B.A.

..::Edit by NoMoreAngel|Warned for Spam/Offtopic|1.4.2019|20:54:54::..

• @Blackmass Why would it be unuseable and userunfriendly? Also performance isn't mentioned anywhere in this thread except in your post. And there is no other boardsoftware that the GF could use, the other ones you could buy are all worse. Big game companies usally have their own developers building a board which the GF can't do as they aren't big enough for this/don't have the ressources.

@Parsec No idea yet, maybe it will stay where it is, maybe it will get internationalized in case the other communities that join have the same rules regarding account trade.

@baal Check this thread for the list: 8.2.: Boardsoftwareupgrade to WBB5. The only change so far is that US isn't joining us anymore. And yes in the .org sections you would still have to speak english (or any other language and add a translator version in english like it is currently). And as @iiNSick also asked the others don't need to write english, they can write whatever the language is in their section. So the language you can use is only sectionbound. Regarding international merges ingame, no clue, we don't have any info about that.

@Old_Fella we (the team) know that and the board also rarely gets mentioned ingame, so most players don't even know about it if they aren't told by others.

@Largenton they will, otherwise I wouldn't present a half done plan way before have any information when anything should happen.

Regarding the spamboard: I can still see it, but as you know we currently don't have access to the ACP, so I would need to ask about it tomorrow. Also this isn't the thread for this, rather create a different one.

Board Admin
      OGame-Tech Chief
    • the more that gets removed or changed it take's away sections that players liked and used if it is gone then why do they have a reason to come back to the board?
      None. because the section they floated is gone.

• @NoMoreAngel you know what I think but I'll stick it here anyway.

I've felt for a long time that the CR section needs to be split back into two sections for bigger & smaller hits. Why? The tldr summary of that is because it enables players with smaller accounts & newer players in general a place to share their contributions to the stories of each & every universe without feeling bad for "spamming", being called out for sharing "bad" hits, & everything else that's attached to it.

Also, a place on this board where people can share ideas for the game in general. I know the Origin board exists for that but this community has it's own life & you'd find more engagement in these kind of things, which is good for the overall health of the community.

Asides from that? All looks good.

~ Top 10s: 14 (18) + Assist on WorldWide Number 1 + Worldwide Number 2 (suicide) ~ RiPs: 80.962 ~

~ Experience is something you gain after you need it ~

The post was edited 1 time, last by Kaldor ().