PrOGame 2.0

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • PrOGame 2.0

      We are all tired of DM.
      We all want to play on equal terms.
      Universe 35 came from PrOGame in 2009(?) when it turned out a subscription based OGame was not viable.
      While perhaps true, at the time, we now live in a different gaming world and with a different generation of players.

      Introduce
      PrOGame 2.0.

      Proposal:
      €7,50 or €10,00 per month to play in a server without DM features except Commander.
      Commander is to be included in the subscription.

      Only one PrOGame 2.0 is to exist in order to maximize player base. Not one per national server like we see with current universes.
      So, for example only PrOGame2.0.org to reach the maximum potential of players.

      :complaingrumble:
      Discuss below.
      Caught up in the game
    • Kaldor wrote:

      Would the server be reset at some point on intervals?
      I'd rather open a new one every half a year so players that aren't satisfied can try start over. I'd hate to pay and build something just to have it reset but again, I'm not a fan of starting fresh so it could be just me.

      OK I understand from the point above...hmmm I'm not 100% sure but I guess I would at least try

      Name changes... Personality stays the same

      The post was edited 1 time, last by savage ().

    • Kaldor wrote:

      Would the server be reset at some point on intervals?
      That's an excellent point that had not crossed my mind yet. Above anything, this universe should be extra and not replace regular universes. Similar to the event server for the GameForge anniversary.

      I think we should consider why universes die off in the first place. I believe most people quit the game because they got crashed and they don't feel like rebuilding 'because they are so far behind'. Now, I am a blatant GameForge criticist (only because I want this game I love to improve and not deteriorate, not out of hate) but the Space Dock building was absolutely genius. The same goes for integrating the resource dens into the storages. Both of these features can be considered noob friendly but I feel they are invaluable in attempt to preserve a stable player base.

      However, one factor is a certain universe killer.
      New universes.

      GameForge choose to release a new universe every 2-3 months. This takes away from the very concept of this game, which is building an account for the long term and planning accordingly. There's a massive element of 'better luck next time' when a player gets crashed, because a few weeks after the crash they could just get a clean slate, which takes away from the will to rebuild. In the same sense, resetting this server takes away from this core fundamental of the game.

      Let's talk about target audience.
      We can safely assume that this server wouldn't appeal to anyone. The stereotypical DM user spends €1000 on day one in an attempt to rule the universe, but realistically most DM users will spend DM sporadically to keep up. Perhaps their job is too busy to min max or to farm some loot. These casual spenders will be at a relative disadvantage and might be deterred from ever starting in this proposed server, but that's fine. This group of players is arguably the least invested into the game so they are most likely to quit after a setback. GameForge can maintain their regular server openings for the general crowd.

      There will be a given point where the top players are too far advanced to ever be caught up to but I don't think this is a reason to reset the server. Pre-merge universes 35, Electra and Quantum still had masses of players joining more than 5 years after their initial opening!

      To make a long story short, I oppose resetting PrOGame 2.0 but I do realize this brings problems because of exponential growth. At the same time, we wouldn't want multiple PrOGames because this would fragment the player base just like the current new supply of universes do.

      As a middle ground, a 1-1,5 year interval for wiping the server would be appropriate.
      After all, the event server was incredibly popular, too, and that was only meant to run for a few months at most. It seems people are not deterred by an end date.
      Caught up in the game
    • i like the idea..
      just open this once a year and go like this 5x ec 5x fleet then year later 6x eco 5x fleet then after 2 year merge those to 5x5 then make a new uni 6x5 (or 7x5) and after a year merge that one into the first...

      that way it will keep the ballance (for most) and u dont get 25 of those servers in a few year..

      Thnx Blackmass
    • Like the idea, would like to add a few things of my own.

      If the idea is to be approved, then the settings have to be, "pro"-like, if you know what I mean. In the past 5x-5x was the high-end. Now we have x7, so with this server, it should be something like 10x-10x, even more so if it's to be a server that will reset eventually.

      I like the idea of this server resetting because you won't have as many cheats, since no one will buy an account for it to get deleted afterward. But at the same time, it feels bad to waste time to build something that will also be deleted sooner or later.
      Have, at the very least, some kind of reward for the top players (top 10, top 5, you name it) at the end of the server's deadline(when the accounts-server will be reset), like said player winning DM for one of his main accounts, or something along those lines.

      If it's a server that's supposed to be reset, then it needs to give rewards, because otherwise, what would be the point? Certainly a lot of players wouldn't pay the subscription fee to play in a server where they have nothing to win at all. And that would create just another dead server.

      EDIT: One more thing I forgot to mention. The point of this server is to have active players with no pay to win features, so I would rather the Vmode option to be completely disabled, again, even more so if the server is to be reset, if it's permanent then ofc leave the option.
    • Grimm wrote:

      If the idea is to be approved, then the settings have to be, "pro"-like, if you know what I mean. In the past 5x-5x was the high-end. Now we have x7, so with this server, it should be something like 10x-10x, even more so if it's to be a server that will reset eventually.
      That's very excessive in my opinion.
      Fenrir is 6x/6x and that's an absolute mad house. I made the #1 solo hit there by flying 8 systems in 10 minutes with light fighters. LOL.

      Grimm wrote:

      I like the idea of this server resetting because you won't have as many cheats, since no one will buy an account for it to get deleted afterward. But at the same time, it feels bad to waste time to build something that will also be deleted sooner or later.
      The amount of players who stick around in a universe until a merge comes is probably 5% or less. Let alone multiple merges etc.
      All accounts end up passed on or deleted. It's just a matter of 'when'. I feel like 1-1,5 years is fitting to be honest. That'll get you to semi-end game content, especially on a speed server, so there's no real point prolonging it then.

      Grimm wrote:

      If it's a server that's supposed to be reset, then it needs to give rewards, because otherwise, what would be the point? Certainly a lot of players wouldn't pay the subscription fee to play in a server where they have nothing to win at all. And that would create just another dead server.
      What is the point of a normal server? I don't think the rewards are a necessity at all. In my personal case I would delete or pass on all of my 'main' universes and only play this. The rest has DM features so the rest is absolutely pointless to play from a competitive point of view.

      Grimm wrote:

      EDIT: One more thing I forgot to mention. The point of this server is to have active players with no pay to win features, so I would rather the Vmode option to be completely disabled, again, even more so if the server is to be reset, if it's permanent then ofc leave the option.
      Vmode is always necessary in case of emergency situations. Especially if you want to make paying to play there (subscription based) mandatory.
      Caught up in the game
    • Pollux wrote:

      1. GF hates great ideas
      I mean, I do see your point but in the end it boils down to OGame devs being understaffed (I read it is 1, ONE guy) and them cash cowing it before this game genre goes extinct indefinitely.

      Pollux wrote:

      2. This won't make GF enough money
      I'm inclined to disagree because they can do this as an EXTRA universe, next to their normal releases. Similar to the event server.
      Caught up in the game
    • There is nothing being said or suggested here that hasn't been suggested many times in the past.
      It is all good stuff from a player/customer point of view; but as GF is one of the few companies around that do not listen or interact DIRECTLY with their customers and thus it will take a seismic shift in GF thinking for anything to change.

      A subscription uni would work, but a DM free one never.
      A revolving uni (with prizes) would be a whole lot better than opening a new uni every 2 months.

      I guess we can dream and hope, but don't hold your breath.
      ~The strong take from the weak, but the smart take from the strong~

      U44/Quant/Jup/Betel HOF's = 575~ ~ ~480 Solo [10 Top 10] / 95 ACS [4 x #1 + 11 Top 10]
      ~~ RIP 7007+
    • I agree with you, especially as I suggested it at least a couple of times in the past 5 years lol
      ~The strong take from the weak, but the smart take from the strong~

      U44/Quant/Jup/Betel HOF's = 575~ ~ ~480 Solo [10 Top 10] / 95 ACS [4 x #1 + 11 Top 10]
      ~~ RIP 7007+
    • Mafkees wrote:

      drogs wrote:

      I mean if have 10 euros monthly for subscription you can have enough dm from that 10 euros monthly
      Except some other guy has 100 and that's where the problems lay ;)

      not really..skill always wins in the long run and just a slight usage of DM 10-25$ a month is enough to stay in top if you know what youre doing

      as for ProGame v2..i was up for it years ago..but after commiting so much time to my account i cant say id join in


      however..make it like the old progame, but instead of reset allow players to move to a desired universe (may it be the lower speed too) and then reset it
      it gives them a chance to catch up to top200 or so if the server reset is once a year

      'Stalno u kafani..ja sam nesto poput sanka'


      'Zaboravljamo heroje i junake,pamtimo samo loše likove'

    • It is unlikely that this will be tried again.

      Back then, it was a standalone thing to have 5x speed, most servers were the normal 1x ones, no special ones. Nowadays all servers are kind of special, so that the reason to join there would be somewhat hindered.

      If you say "No DM features" - well, but that is the GF income. A registration and monthly fee is likely much less income than DM features, And bear in mind one issue: it might appeal to some of the longterm OGamers, but why would this be attractive to newcomers? They see that there are alike universes or even better ones around for which they don't have to pay. Also: prOgame wasn't a success in the long run. It was integrated as Uni 35 here because there weren't enough people willing to pay. That was at OGame's height, thus I wonder how many would even think about joining there then?

      If you would like such a universe, you need to keep in mind how first attract enough players, then to keep them, and how to see that this universe generates enough income , that people stay there and so on. If it gets wiped, it is even less attractive. Rewards might keep players playing, but it also means GF has to invest money so that their income is again less. You cannot hand out cheap rewards either.
      Gone as BA.


      Thank you ruby_kirby, you are a true artist. :)
      Be head to serve, not to reign(Bernard von Clairvaux)