Inadequate game support

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Inadequate game support

Since another very necessary mod intervention in the last thread closed it, I will follow here what was started in the previous discussion.

First off I will address a few points that other board members raised in the discussions.

Marshmello wrote:

Problem here is that if you ask the volunteers to step away in protest, the game is left without protection. GF could respond by temporarily shutting servers down. I don't know, I'm just guessing what could happen in the case of a "protest" against GF. Could be a big bluff.

I highly doubt they shut any server down, that would mean all income would go down to zero immediately as long as the "conflict" lasts. I think they would simply try keep going without the support staff - all they have done is neglect it, that's their M.O., long as the cash rolls in all is good. If anything, it might force them to hire one or two more employees simply to address BILLING issues which in their minds surely are important. :thinking: And if they ever come to do that, surely these employees could work on some other issues in their down times.

I'm surely not the only one here who noticed the only person who has any chance of getting through to GF here is Pink. Coincidentally, she is the only paid one, it has been revealed. Feedback from volunteers to them is irrelevant as they are replaceable parts, however if they choose to invest money in an employee, surely they will listen at least a little more to said employee's feedback.

MYST wrote:

"what people expect from a paid game"

Apart from 1 major flaw in that standing point. Ogame is free, you choose to invest money thats down to you, but you dont have to, the game is 100% free.

And those demanding 24/7 support forget that the admin GOs of this game... are the gamers themselves. And TBH most of this shit sounds alot like "i just want to bitch and GOs are easy targets", it was the same back in 2008 as it is now, people just love to bitch.

Now this one just blows my mind.

Some people don't pay, so those who pay have no right to expect decent support?

What. The. Puck.

GameForge choose to offer paying features. That is entirely their decision, their responsability, and it is their DUTY to offer support in exchange for the service they offer as for any business, that's it that's all.

It is their cash-cow, they make a living from it, it's a business for heck's sake. If you opened a business, and told your customers that you are not obligated to offer them the after-sale support promised because you offer some free items as well, how dumb would you be? A whole damn lot.

First off, demanding 24/7 support is far from outlandish and is rather the norm in the gaming industry. Sure, some more complicated issues have only a few people who can address them and will take more time, but for general inquiries, that is a totally reasonable expectation.

You litterally mention the whole root of the problem: the whole support staff is the gamers! That doesn't work! That is not industry standart, and for a damn good reason!

But now, that isn't even the issue here. In my case, I've waited 2-3 days for answers to tickets in the past, and even though that is already very bad service and kind of unacceptable, I did accept it in the past and not complain.

Right now though, the current situation leaves me no choice but to complain because this is litterally an insult to us players and paying customers.

I have opened two tickets on April 19.

One of them, opened 10:26:07, had screenshots of incoming attacks to my account, I first reported it as overview spam as they were 7 attacks of 10 LF with no purpose.

The second one, opened 19:51:41, had screenshots of said attacks landing, all on the same coordinates. I was reporting this as bashing.

FOUR DAYS LATER (already an unacceptable delay), I get an answer. However, only the first ticket was answered. The GO judged it wasn't overview spam, so he gave me a one-line answer, marked ticket as closed.

And he ignored totally the bashing one.

One week after I opened the bashing ticket, I go on IRC, send a message to Blankie and MasterYoda. Only Yoda answers, says he will look into it the next day.

Two days later, still not looked into, I go on IRC again, message Yoda, no answer and I leave IRC after a few hours.

We are now 02.05.2019 01:39:44, roughly THIRTEEN DAYS after the bashing ticket was opened. I still have NO ANSWER from anyone on the ticket.

This isn't a complex issue. This isn't a delicate situation that has to be looked into with the developpers. This isn't a case that has to be escalated to any other department.

I am reporting BASHING. Any GO should be able to handle this in half a second!!!

Now, is Yoda to blame here? Is Blankie to blame here? Is Nk320 responsible here? Each of them COULD have taken action to solve this, but the responsability doesn't fall on them. You could place more of the blame on the Virgo GO because it's his universe, but the fact that in thirteen days no one on the GO team / gameforge side has been present to follow up on such issues and hold him accountable is just ridiculous. It is GF's job to hold their employees accountable for the support they offer! That is business 101, I don't understand how this even has to be said.

The problem is the fact that it apparently is no one's job to ensure tickets are answered, apparently it is no one's job to make sure reply delays are acceptable, or to go supervise the ticket queue of every universe to make sure everything is running smooth, apparently there is no quality control or follow-ups whatsoever and that falls totally on Gameforge refusal to offer a proper support structure, with at least a few paid employees who have more time to learn to follow-up, monitor all they have to, have more in-depth knowledge of game and support system mechanics, etc in order to guide the volunteers, supervise it and make sure everything is addressed in time. From what I read, some uni's ticket queues are all up to date, while here I am waiting thirteen days for a bashing ticket to be addressed. That is an undeniable sign that the support system is broken.

You mean to tell me, @MYST, that I should just stop bitching, go back in my corner and suck it up?

We should all just bow down to free enterprise and Gameforge's "right" to insert their shafts in our butts?

Like I said, this is a simple bashing ticket. This leaves me wondering, what would happen if I am victim of a serious bug which affects my gameplay?

If I lose my fleet because of a bug, how long before I even get an acknowledgement of the situation, let alone a resolution? We all know it, every new patch brings new issues, new EFF-ups probably once again due to cost cutting. That is another subject matter in itself and I am willing to deal with it if the support replies in a timely fashion and truly shows me they intend to right the situation.

Right now, all I hear is crickets and the distant sound of Gameforge management counting their money (MY money) stacks far away somewhere in Germany.

EDIT: Please note that I am not at all attacking the team of volunteers. My focus is solely on GF and the fact that they abuse of their awesome volunteer's good will and dedication in order to offer a patched up support service that in the end doesn't meet basic expectations. The fact of the matter is though, that by accepting their positions they accept to be the intermediate between the players and Gameforge, and as such will be receiving any negative feedback that their superior's decisions will bring. It's up to them to transfer that feedback, and it's up to them whether or not they want to work with a company that blatantly disregards it's user base at the advantage of their wallets and a few very paying customers.
    "Ice is a cool guy"
  • Ice, you are not the 1st one to complain of this issue of unanswered tickets. Once again not trying to bash all GOs but come on.

They really need to open applications and assign more GOs in active universes. and last time I checked, Virgo only has a SGO & no GO.

I can tell you that previously, that guy would have gotten a 3 day ban for overview spam so why not now?? & why not answer your tickets?? This goes right back to my post the other day... and maybe just maybe with these posts, someone may actually take care of something.

OR do they really want the play base to dwindle down even more??
  • well, i dont agree "ogame is free".ogame evolved to p2w(pay to win).

GF opens universes periodicly and does not hire new staff member in same frequancy. it means that:
    1) GF knows universes die in short time
    2) GF knows that quantity of players are not rise. so they dont need to hire new member when a universe opens
    3) There are some core players and they wont left. If they left, they will start again.
    4) If GF opens a new universe, the core group will start it in and they will buy DM

this game has perfect mechanics. İt would evolve to very popular game by creating a mobile app. But mobile app needs some investments.(you may not agree with me but a mobile app would become ogame to easy play at phone, i dont talk about changing mechanics)

Support system still cant see mac adresses, so players easly use multi accounts by reseting their routers. To learn mac adresses ogames support system needs some investments too.

As you see, GF want to earn money without any investment. Thats why i call ogame "dm scam". So, they dont want to pay support system but they should. They may keep volunteer system but they should hire some team member and they MUST pay them.
    This game needs some investments.
  • @MYST

It's okay buddy not everyone has the attention span required to read further than one-liners in this day and age, I won't hold it against ya.

Next time though, don't reply to me in a convo if you don't want a wall of text.

Let me make it simple for ya, maybe it'll be easier to comprehend: screw you cheap-ass gameforge, answer my damn ticket!

Better?
    "Ice is a cool guy"

The post was edited 1 time, last by Lord of Ice ().

• aur wrote:

Support system still cant see mac adresses, so players easly use multi accounts by reseting their routers. To learn mac adresses ogames support system needs some investments too.
    As a network engineer, I can assure you that isn't how the Internet works.
    It isn't even how any network works.

And there are plenty of methods around this which would not require the inherent security vulnerability of knowing the host's MAC address.
    Game Operator for Uriel
    Please send any compliments for how awesome a job I am doing to my SGO: Valent :thumbsup:
    Game Rules
    Terms & Conditions
  • I was wondering, how does a person escalate things to take care of a problem once they've gone to the full antagonistic mode with insults?

...but I digress...in other matters.....

@aur I can agree a mobile App based version or usage for Ogame would be a great move. I hope that the company moves to that soon, I think it could bring a lot to the excitement of our game.

GO - Bellatrix & Aquarius & Vega
  • @MYST

You did start the conversation though, with your intervention in the other thread saying I was just bitching for no reason - I'm replying here because it was closed.

As for the attention seeking part, lol. So writing a detailed post explaining my position makes me an attention seeker? Nice

Yeah, you can crawl back in whichever hole you came from.

@Silverwind - so wait, I'm the one in antogonistic mode who is insulting? Where are the insults in my original post?
    "Ice is a cool guy"

The post was edited 1 time, last by Lord of Ice ().

• blizzard know my mac adress when i login, if they know my mac adress when i login their website i am sure GF can do too.

kewlness wrote:

aur wrote:

As a network engineer, I can assure you that isn't how the Internet works.It isn't even how any network works.

And there are plenty of methods around this which would not require the inherent security vulnerability of knowing the host's MAC add

• Silverwind wrote:

I was wondering, how does a person escalate things to take care of a problem once they've gone to the full antagonistic mode with insults?

...but I digress...in other matters.....

@aur I can agree a mobile App based version or usage for Ogame would be a great move. I hope that the company moves to that soon, I think it could bring a lot to the excitement of our game.
    i asked turkish coma 6 years ago and he told GF works on it. lol

The post was edited 1 time, last by aur ().

• aur wrote:

blizzard know my mac adress when i login, if they know my mac adress when i login their website i am sure GF can do too.

kewlness wrote:

aur wrote:

As a network engineer, I can assure you that isn't how the Internet works.It isn't even how any network works.
    And there are plenty of methods around this which would not require the inherent security vulnerability of knowing the host's MAC add

You misunderstand.
    My statement wasn't that it wasn't possible.
    My statement was your idea of how multis work is not how networks actually work.

And I hate to tell you, but it is easy to spoof MAC addresses too.
    As such, they aren't 100% either.
    ;)
    Game Operator for Uriel
    Please send any compliments for how awesome a job I am doing to my SGO: Valent :thumbsup:
    Game Rules
    Terms & Conditions
  • kewlness wrote:

aur wrote:

blizzard know my mac adress when i login, if they know my mac adress when i login their website i am sure GF can do too.

kewlness wrote:

aur wrote:

As a network engineer, I can assure you that isn't how the Internet works.It isn't even how any network works.And there are plenty of methods around this which would not require the inherent security vulnerability of knowing the host's MAC add

You misunderstand.My statement wasn't that it wasn't possible.
    My statement was your idea of how multis work is not how networks actually work.

And I hate to tell you, but it is easy to spoof MAC addresses too.
    As such, they aren't 100% either.
    ;)

as a civil engineer, i have to tell you that you have to get all prevention. i dont say that this building will fall down anyway so lets use less steel. i have to prevent against all the risks.banks or goverenments are getting hack in these days, everything is possible. i dont tell you apply a banks security system but mac adress would be useful. is not it? if not, remove ip adress then. people are easyly change it by a spoofer.

make it harder mate. how many people know about mac adress?

in .us universes there was a go who is malicious. he crashed so much account in oberon, his team mates offered me to crash my account in whatsapp. i opened a ticket and said just check malicios, ice cube and "i forgot the nick"'s mac adresses but support system asnwered me we cant see mac adresses.

and thats my solution, i am sure you can do it better. critical point is ogame does not get any investment from GF. if gf wants to upgrade game, i am sure there will be better solutions.
  • Are we referring to this thread being closed?

board.en.ogame.gameforge.com/i…l-other-nations/?pageNo=4

If so, it was closed because the original user seemed to have been satisfied with the given answers, and thus HIS thread was closed. As you have now, you're welcome to open your own thread.

I'd also like to point out, just to continue to beat a dead horse on the tickets/GO activity levels...They are severely under-staffed. I don't think people realize that you can't just pluck Joe from accounting and shove him into a GO spot. They don't even have enough personnel to properly train anyone new, to my knowledge. In addition to that, anybody with enough experience/knowledge of the job is either unwilling or unable to take a GO spot. So are we just going to continue to bash the game team for doing the best they can? I understand tickets are answered in an untimely fashion, answered unprofessionally, or brushed off as not being important. I just want you folks to understand that the GOs work their butts off with the technology they are provided and with the amount of workload they are dealing with as volunteers. Most of us have really busy day-jobs and just cannot put in the hours. If you want to respond to that revelation with "well then don't be a GO"...just stop.

• Lord of Ice wrote:

@Silverwind - so wait, I'm the one in antogonistic mode who is insulting? Where are the insults in my original post?

There's no need for me to go over your wall of angry banter and pick out each small insult.

The fact remains your tone is over the top and antagonistic, and repeat from the other thread.

The problem has been addressed in the last post, and in this post.

The STOMT button is a good place for you to begin telling GF corporate abotu this. Here, you're just beating up on peopel that would love to work with you.

GO - Bellatrix & Aquarius & Vega