The state of .EN

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The state of .EN

On the 9th April I analysed Ogame stats and produced the following table
      12 months ago there were 331,000 players registered worldwide. On the 9th there were almost 342,000, with nearly 276,000 concentrated in just 7 communities. The remaining 66.000 where in 21 other unis.

Country
      Unis
      Active
      Players
      Regist’d
      %
      Active
      Poland
      32.3%
      Spain
      31.0%
      Turkey
      27.7%
      France
      23.5%
      Italy
      21.8%
      Germany
      21.8%
      EN (UK)
      18.1%

.EN has the worst activity % of the other 6, the number of active players is declining fast – On the 9th just over 6,000, a total that once upon a time was the average for a single Uni.

Yesterday, whilst registrations in .EN may have gone up to 35931. the number of active players has fallen to 5432, some 15.1% active. A loss of 938 active players.

Mergers do not work; in fact they hasten the decline. Take Vega for example
      Vega pre merger 94 active : 948 inactive
      After merger 716 active : 6617 inactive
      Now 344 active: 3655 inactive
      So post merger, Vega has lost around 370 active players.

We can waste our time and brain cells writing countless post by way of suggestions, complaints and rants but the fundamental problem lies with GameForge.

Unless GF changes it's attitude fast we are heading for oblivion. The present system of communication with the powers that be does not work and I am at a loss to understand why GF continues with it's "head in the sand" approach.

We need to know what GF's intentions are for the game even if it is no change - at least then we can stop writing.

~The strong take from the weak, but the smart take from the strong~

U44/Quant/Jup/Betel HOF's = 575~ ~ ~480 Solo [10 Top 10] / 95 ACS [4 x #1 + 11 Top 10]
      ~~ RIP 7007+
    • Every merge brings this game closer to the his end,once this community will remain with just one uni where only those on the top will remain active.Merge helps in the begining its all good and looks nice but in the reality if you dont have good acc and you are forced to merge with accs atleast 10x more stronger than yours ,probably 80% of the players will quit in some moment.Merge hepls only to the players that already have powerful accs to stay active and to spend more dm ,GF doesnt care for those little gamers.Last merge was total chaos and GF doesnt help a lot with how they are handle with those type of situation.
      bla bla
    • Whilst this thread is not about players, but more about how we get GF involved in a meaningful, open and transparent discussion about the future, particularly .EN, I will respond to you.

There are 4 Exiles. One has quit for good. Two may play in other unis, but I don't know that for a fact.
      I play in a single speed uni because at my age it suits my lifestyle.
      I have played virtually every day for 13 years, I think I am entitled to slow down. I think I took 2 weeks off in 2008 and 2010.

I make no bones about it, I am disillusioned by GF's attitude, but I am still playing, all be it at a much reduced level.

You cannot force people to play. GF needs to make the game attractive enough to retain people.
      ~The strong take from the weak, but the smart take from the strong~

U44/Quant/Jup/Betel HOF's = 575~ ~ ~480 Solo [10 Top 10] / 95 ACS [4 x #1 + 11 Top 10]
      ~~ RIP 7007+
    • The game has been doomed for decline years in the making. I've said it for years and years now. It's inevitable, you can't stop it. Almost all suggestions get chinned off, updates that actually change the game dynamics are far and few, once every few years - if so. It is what it is, can't change it now. Just enjoy the decline as it happens. I rise in rank barely doing anything. There's no "comeback" mechanic (not that there really should be one, however it's a good incentive to stay after being wiped).

Take for example (i know it's not similar to this, but the theory matters). Dota 2, has game-changing updates, rather reguarly, and everytime the game updates, there's a spike in the playerbase. Out of interest, and some stay, some go. But it works for the game. I'm not comparing Dota 2 and Ogame, just comparing the correlation for updates leading to increased players.

Makes me laugh. In the youtube video (this one) they talk about working on some several updates. Hahah, yeah, May and we've had 1 decent one that probably took 10 minutes to code. "2019 will be a very interesting aswell" - nothing has been remotely interesting this year so far; being sort of halfway through. Makes me wonder what work the staff do all day in their GF office.
      Images
      • 1..png

220.03 kB, 588×854, viewed 29 times
      DONALD J. TRUMP