Helping new players

• Misc

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Helping new players

Hey,

Just a quick message to any new player or anyone considering joining this universe. I am willing to send a welcome package to anyone who wants or needs it. just hit me up in game, same nick as here.

1. Cathedral
      2. Valeyard

I know I totally stole the idea from other unis.

Cheers,

Uni2 - Uni 12 - Andromeda - Retired.

Dorado - Active.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Andvari300 ().

• Admirable...but I’ve never seen these kinds grassroots campaigns effectively stem the tide of attrition.

I have seen many variations over the years from “training” alliance that is off limits to attacks until they make a certain rank and are exiled/graduate from ally.

Giving free RES which honestly is just throwing good money after bad in most cases.

What ogame needs to stem attrition is a much better tutorial that teaches you how to fleetsave properly and be unprofitable.

Also, as people quit instead of perma v mode or deleting...they could offer accounts up here for someone to take over. And then roll the dice it doesn’t get recycled the next day...lol.

Ajcoolfire just deleted his account...someone really could have done a lot with that. Then you have the old Dedrater account or that account that was a top 10 miner for awhile...Asen I think?

I’ve had a few people that wanted to quit come to me with their accounts to find people for and we’ve passed them on to keep it going but it is hard to find people to play a 1x uni.
    • Cathedral wrote:

Admirable...but I’ve never seen these kinds grassroots campaigns effectively stem the tide of attrition.

I have seen many variations over the years from “training” alliance that is off limits to attacks until they make a certain rank and are exiled/graduate from ally.

Giving free RES which honestly is just throwing good money after bad in most cases.

What ogame needs to stem attrition is a much better tutorial that teaches you how to fleetsave properly and be unprofitable.

Also, as people quit instead of perma v mode or deleting...they could offer accounts up here for someone to take over. And then roll the dice it doesn’t get recycled the next day...lol.

Ajcoolfire just deleted his account...someone really could have done a lot with that. Then you have the old Dedrater account or that account that was a top 10 miner for awhile...Asen I think?

I’ve had a few people that wanted to quit come to me with their accounts to find people for and we’ve passed them on to keep it going but it is hard to find people to play a 1x uni.
      I agree with most of this.

However since we can't influence on a lot of the mentioned topics, giving new players head start is an idea that is not hard to execute. I wont lose so much.

Dorado - Active.
    • I'd like to help someone [cough]ALI[/cough] regarding the rules:

You can find the rules here: board.en.ogame.gameforge.com/i…les-valid-from-17-9-2012/

You should pay special attention to this part:

"It is allowed to give each other moonshots as long as the Pushing rule has not been broken"

So...to explain how that works. A low ranked player can crash his fleet on a higher ranked one for a MS provided the higher ranked player returns the DF to the lower ranked player and does not profit from it.

I know you're to not that good with rules whether it's on the forum (seeing as how two of your threads have been locked recently) or ingame where I see you have been threatening to report people for legal acts.

Just trying to help you out. But like they say, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

PS I'm still not banned. Keep trying.

Andvari300 wrote:

If anyone wants to participate in helping new members post here and I’ll add you to a list on the op thread.
      Sure, I'll help.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Cathedral ().

• Well, people are reading this thread...someone reached out and I sent out my first welcome package.

I never know what to send, and probably sent way too much.

For a new person, what's a good amount of M/C/D to send that won't be more of a burden to them to spend and/or keep safe?
    • Cathedral wrote:

Well, people are reading this thread...someone reached out and I sent out my first welcome package.

For a new person, what's a good amount of M/C/D to send that won't be more of a burden to them to spend and/or keep safe?
      So did I . Well I sent 3:2:1 ratio, should be fair enough for researches and some mines. :)

Dorado - Active.
    • Dragon wrote:

Cathedral wrote:

Well, people are reading this thread...someone reached out and I sent out my first welcome package.

So did I . Well I sent 3:2:1 ratio, should be fair enough for researches and some mines. :)
      I would say that amount depends on how developed they are. My idea would be to rather send several smaller transports. Lets say help for first ship, first astro. Just the right amount at the right time. Might help more....
    • Cathedral wrote:

3,000,000 metal, 2,000,000 crystal, 1,000,000 deuterium is a nice welcome package.

But anyways, I got over 500mil resources from a player named Kipp in uni 1 when I joined it last year.