The Ultimate Miner Guide

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

  • The Ultimate Miner Guide

    Hello, Ladies, Gentlemen, Aliens, Mutants, Those who are Unsure and Those who are Unaware.

    Despite what the first sentence might imply, this text will not be a tribute to all 1639 genders that I know of, but it rather will attempt to be the clearest mining guide available.

    This guide is intended for speed unis (4x or higher), since I only play those. Hence, my experience and knowledge are based on speed uni settings. However, most tips and principles set through in this guide should be applicable to any universe.

    In order to benefit from the guide, you should have a clear understanding of game mechanics, how things work and what is available in the game. You should first have a look around the game and read all FAQs if you are a newbie. Some basic stuff is covered in OGame Guides.

    Here is a quick description of what will be covered in the guide:
    • Key principles for successful mining
    • Early game development
    • Astro-to-Mines levels
    • Energy management
    • Planet positioning
    • Dark Matter usage
    • Tech development
    • Defending your economy
    • Trading set-ups
    1. Key Principles for Successful Mining


    As a miner, your primary income comes from your own economy. Of course, you still can raid inactives, fly to expeditions and use a small fleet to attack weaker players, but those sources of income are secondary at best.

    Since your economy is of utmost importance, you should always prioritize things that allow, more importantly, for higher income, and, less importantly, for efficient utilization of that income.

    In determining how to develop your mines, you should prioritize mines with lowest amortization first, i.e. build the mines which repay their cost the fastest. There are various tools and add-ons available to help determine the economic effect of mines, with Antigame Origin and Infocompte being useful in that regard.

    Those tools, however, require you to set up trade rates which should be used during calculations (i.e. how many units of Crystal or Metal does one unit of Deuterium cost, etc.). Depending on how you set up those rates, tips provided by the tools may vary significantly. You can try setting up Infocompte on your account and testing 3-2-1 and 2-1-1 trade rates and check the results. A good tip might be that you simply get the cheapest mine first: it is not a guarantee of best amortization, but it provides good results.

    At every next level, mines provide a % boost to their basic resource production (starting from 10 and increasing in accordance to mine levels, about 15% on average) compared to previous levels. All bonuses that increase mine production (Geologist, Commanding Staff, Plasma technology, planet boosters) apply “on top” of that basic income. The cost increase, however, is significantly higher, and amounts to 50% for each level of Metal and Deuterium mines, and 60% for each level of Crystal mine. Therefore, Crystal mines become less cost effective over time, and it is not uncommon for players in older universes to have higher levels of Deuterium mines than Crystal mines.

    As you probably already understood from the above, investments in mines provide for lower return on investment (ROI) as the game progresses, and at some point it may be not worth it to pursue another mine due to extremely high cost and insignificant increase in production.

    Maximizing your ROI requires some automated tools, which I mentioned above, strategic thinking and a good understanding of your universe. Since a lot of new universes open these days and many newer players join them, I suggested it would be best to continue my guide with tips on how to get on track quickly.

    2. Early Game Development

    So, you got yourself into a new uni. Regardless of the amount of Dark Matter you are going to buy (usage of Dark Matter, or DM, is covered later in this guide), the path you are going through stays the same. DM just allows you to fast-track it.

    Early on, you should absolutely prioritize mines and astrophysics, which allows to colonize new planets. ROI early is extremely high and any piece of resource that is not put into mines sets you back. Leave “toys” like unlocking combat ships and defense, making Robotics Factories and Shipyards beyond necessary level for colony ship for the later game.

    The best defense early is, simply put, being online. Because of high ROI, you will have a lot of resources that might attract unwanted visitors rushing small cargoes and light fighters fleet, and investing in rocket launchers interferes with your income generation activities.

    Try to follow the quickest route you can to colony ship and astrophysics. Getting your first 2 colonies is not expensive in speed unis and you can do it in a few days without DM and within an hour with a decent DM starter pack.

    It is hard to say what level of mines you need to start going for the first astro, but it is common to stop at 13-11-9 before pursuing astrophysics. Sending your first expedition provides you with 2 heavy fighters and 5 small cargoes, which are great to raid a little and help yourself get colony ship quicker.

    Tutorials and rewards are great ways of assisting yourself in your quest for early growth. Tutorial bonuses come around quicker, since they are not tied to days played, unlike the rewards. However, the first reward, providing you with metal and crystal, is extremely useful in chasing first planet.

    A huge early game issue is that you need a lot of Deuterium for astrophysics and colony ship, but you have a hard time producing it due to high energy costs. So you either use merchant to buy Deuterium with DM, exchange your extra metal for Deuterium, or wait. There is not much Deuterium to raid for, either, since the universe is stripped of it that early.

    Once you get 2 more colonies running, you will feel flowing with resources, but don’t let that fool you: ROI is still very high and you should focus on mines and getting further colonies.

    3. Astro to Mines level

    A popular and an important question that many miners ask is: when do I go for the next planet? There is no universal answer, as the mathematics behind it are influenced by boosters, speed of development, current situation in the universe, availability of resources and so on.

    I use the following roadmap:

    Your amount of planetsMine levels on all your planetsYou should go for:
    1 planet13-11-91 lvl astro (2nd planet)
    2 planets15-12-113 lvl astro (3rd planet)
    3 planets17-14-125 lvl astro (4th planet)
    4 planets20-16-157 lvl astro (5th planet)
    5 planets21-18-179 lvl astro (6th planet)
    6 planets25-21-2111 lvl astro (7th planet)
    7 planets28-23-2413 lvl astro (8th planet)
    8 planets29-24-2515 lvl astro (9th planet)
    9 planets32-26-2817 lvl astro (10th planet)
    10 planets36-30-3219 lvl astro (11th planet)
    11 planets38-31-3421 lvl astro (12th planet)
    12 planets39-32-3623 lvl astro (13th planet)




    After Astrophysics level 23, the ROI is not good and the investments repay after a very long time, so it is basically a matter of whether you want to get the tech and further mines or not. I personally think that Deathstars (RIPs) are a better investment that late in the game.

    4. Energy Management

    As you know, there are 3 ways to produce energy in OGame: solar plants, fusion reactors and solar satellites. Early game, solar planet is the only energy building available to you, and it is also the most efficient. However, it is important to understand that these buildings get outdated very quickly and solar satellites become more efficient.

    That said, solar satellites can be destroyed, while solar plants and fusion reactor, which are buildings, can not. In case of war or just simple attack from an enemy, solar satellites can be targeted or hit during a raid on your planet. In that case, you will see a terrible consequence for energy. Solar satellites can’t be repaired with a space dock.

    Nevertheless, satellites are extremely efficient, because they are cheap and allow you to invest more resources into mines and get a quick growth. Early in the game, solar satellites allow you to quickly outgrow players who go for high levels of solar plant. The minimum level of solar plant when it is cost-efficient to change for satellites is 16; that is the level I always stop at. Under no circumstances I recommend to go for levels higher than 18.

    Fusion reactor is a building for later game, because its efficiency is highly influenced by the level of energy technology and the energy production of the reactor itself grows exponentially. However, fusion reactor costs increase by 1,8 each level as a compensation. Last but not the least, fusion reactors consume Deuterium as fuel.

    Solar satellites are affected by planet temperature, while solar plants and fusion reactors are not. You’ll learn more about why temperature is important later in this guide.

    5. Planet Positioning

    Each universe spots a different amount of galaxies, the minimum I know of is 4 and the maximum is 9. In most universes, the amount of system per galaxy is 499, and there are always 15 planets per system. Again, it is extremely likely that your universe is circular, and that means that there are no edges as such: system #499 is just one system away from system #1, same way as system #1 is one system away from system #2, and if you travel from system #400 to system #100, you wont have o go 300 systems through the middle, you will go through #499-#1 and will have to travel just 200 systems.

    Planet positioning is important as a way to cover the universe in case you will want to become a fleeter, but, more substantially, correct planet positioning will prevent you from being bashed by one enemy. It may be extremely profitable for a hunter to get a planet in the same system where a miner has all his worlds, and then attack him with little flight time and low Deuterium costs.

    To avoid that, you have to place your planets correctly in the universe. Planet positioning, however, can be changed by using the relocation option (normally costs 240.000 DM per planet, but there are happy hours when you can relocate for a lower price, usually 168.000 DM).

    When you relocate, planets have their temperature changed according to the position you relocate to (position 1 has the hottest planets, position 15 – the coldest). Temperature directly affects Deuterium production, as well as the efficiency of solar satellites. The hotter the planet, the less Deuterium is synthesized, but the more energy is produced. Practice shows, however, that colder temperature is preferable.

    What can't be changed about the planet is its size. Most new universes provide for bonus +25 fields to normal planet size, but still you have to look for 210+ fields planets in speed unis, and 220+ fields if eco speed is 5x or higher. Getting additional planet fields requires terraformer or a DM planet fields bonus. Terraformers at lower levels aren’t really expensive, but still it’s an expenditure you can avoid.

    Here is the chart for planet sizes and temperature (credit to OWiki). The displayed temperature is always the highest possible one of the temperature range displayed on a planet.



    It is possible to get large planets at slot 8 and then relocate them to slot 15, allowing for high Deuterium production while keeping acceptable planet size. Mind though, solar satellites produce very little energy in slot 15 and fusion reactors can be very expensive, so to me, this is a late-game feature.

    6. Dark Matter Usage

    This chapter is dedicated to exploiting the benefits of premium features. There is no limit as to how much DM you can buy, but direct purchasing of resources is extremely expensive and you probably won’t be able to buy your way through directly. There are many other DM applications that can help you push yourself beyond the end of the universe level, namely officers, boosters, and “halve” buttons, which allow you to instantly complete any construction or research.

    So, you bought some DM? What you do? I would generally rate the possible DM applications in the following way:
    • Officers. Commanding staff provides for an additional nice bonus to mine production and energy generation. If you can’t get all the officers, Geologist and Engineer are your best bet.
    • Boosters. These are worth spending all your DM on after you get officers. Even 10% difference is large, while 30% is huge. +42% to your mining income from officers and boosters is a bigger bonus that you’d think, and allows for at least double account size if you start with them and play for a month compared to players who don’t use DM.
    • Direct resource purchase. Very useful early to get to colonies and peacefully mine later. Exorbitantly expensive in terms of payoff compared to boosters, but still worth it if you have lots of DM.
    • Speedups. Extremely good for getting astro instantly and quick-building new planets, not really important in other applications.
    • Relocations. Probably the least important of all for a miner, especially if you set up your planet positioning correctly. Might be useful if there are a lot of dangerous fleeters near your area.
    I would also recommend looking for shop items on sale. Once a month or so Gameforge sells Newtrons, Krakens and Detroids at lower prices. These items are great for new planets and allow for cheap quick-building.

    7. Tech Development

    As I mentioned above, the most important technology for a miner is Astrophysics. However, after you pass the initial stages of development, you will want to have many, many different things OGame has to offer. Unlocking different things is obvious and of course you should go for that when you can afford it, but don’t prioritize it over mines. Here, I will analyze every tech there is OGame from a miner’s point of view.

    Energy Technology. It is required for Plasma Tech, among other things, and Plasma is something you want quite early. On later stages, Energy Technology allows for higher fusion reactor production. At level 12 it unlocks terraformer, and if you don’t use fusion, level 12 is as high as you want to go.

    Laser Technology. One of the few techs that doesn’t help with anything but unlocking stuff, so stop at level 12.

    Ion Technology. Besides unlocking stuff, it provides a bonus by decreasing deconstruction costs of buildings, which is generally quite useless. I stop at level 5.

    Hyperspace Technology. An extremely useful tech that increases cargo holds by 5% each level. That allows you to have less cargos and, for the same price, it is always better to have less destructible things, so more refined cargos are preferable.

    Plasma Technology. Upgrades your mine production, 1% for metal, 0,66% for crystal, 0,33% for Deuterium. It is not worth to rush plasma very early due to high unlocking costs, but later on this tech is indispensable for miner accounts.

    Espionage Technology. The less people can see and the less they know about you, the better. If they can’t see your defense, they might think it is a big one. If they don’t see your solar satellites, they might not know you have them. High espionage might be one of the best security measures anyone can make, miners probably even more so.

    Computer Technology. Be sure to always have sufficient slots for efficient management of your account. Don’t go too high though. It is hard to give any advice on where to stop, because there are so many ways to manage resource transportations; listen to your gut.

    Astrophysics. That one goes without saying. The more colonies you have, the better. It is explained when to get astrophysics earlier in this guide.

    Intergalactic Research Network. IGN allows for quicker research, nothing else. Generally this tech is not a priority.

    Graviton Technology. Of course you want RIPs. Who doesn’t like RIPs?

    Weapons Technology. A key military tech for a miner and for your defense. You will find more about defense set-up later in the guide.

    Shielding Technology. The most expensive and generally the most useless tech in the military tree, unless you have a RIP fleet.

    Armour Technology. The best military tech for fleeters, but not that important for miners. Go for it if you have unused metal.

    8. Defending Your Economy

    So. You built yourself a nice income. Now, how do you protect it? There are direct ways to cover your economy (i.e. defensive structures) and indirect ones (high espionage, high rank). These work great in combination, especially early game, when you cannot afford a decent defense.

    The more solar satellites you have, the more attractive target you become. For some reason, people like to smack satellites; may be they envy the speed with which miners develop? Hence, defense is important. But don't blindly build it. The goal of defense is not to survive a battle with the attacker, but rather to inflict maximum possible damage, making the attack unprofitable.

    Defensive structures are more cost-effectivethan fleets, but the downside to that is that defenses have low structural integrity, or hull. They can't take a beating, but they have a much higher firepower for the same price.

    Rocket Launchers and Light Lasers are fodder. Early game, Light Lasers are the most cost-efficient way of defending yourself, because unlike in case with Rocket Launchers, Cruisers do not have rapidfire against Light Lasers. Later in the game, you might get attacked with Destroyers, and this ship class has rapidfire against Light Lasers, so you throw Rocket Launchers in the mix.

    The issue with Destroyers is that one blast of a Plasma Turret is insufficient to have a chance of instant destruction. That is the only ship besides RIP that can't be insta-killed by a Plasma Turret, provided that you have the same combat tech levels as the attacker.

    Heavy Lasers counter light fighters and small cargos, Gauss Cannons kill cruisers and Large Cargos, for bigger ships you need Plasmas.

    Focus your defense on inflicting maximum damage, and attackers will stay out of your way.

    9. Trading Set-Up

    Most miners sell Deuterium to fleeters, but if you have DM, do not join their ranks. The merchants provide excellent rates for selling Deuterium, up to 3-2-1. That means that if you purchase a lot of Deuterium and then resell it to the merchant, you can get a huge profit and there is no limit as to how much Deuterium you can purchase from other players. This scheme is entirely legal and within the rules of the game, however mind that «merchant abuse» is frowned upon by some old-time fleeters.

    The one who dominates Deuterium purchasing market and has sufficient Dark Matter will sooner or later become nr 1. Later on, Deuterium merching may become your most profitable activity.

    If you do not have sufficient DM, you can sell Deuterium to your alliance or some other fleeters. Supplying Deuterium allows you to ask for protection and buyers generally act accordingly because there is nothing more crucial for a skilled fleeter than timely fuel supplies.

    That concludes the guide. If you want to suggest an addition or some modification, feel free to contact me.
    RIPs killed, universes played, board accounts created: too many to stay mentally healthy
    Currently not playing any universe
    Discord - DarkDestroyerX#9119
    Skype - andrew.interstellar

    The post was edited 2 times, last by SmurfySmurf ().

  • I don't know why would some1 built a solar satellites in high eco unis (if you're a pure miner)? Fusion reactor is the only logic way to go. Leveling energy tech in high level unis is not so hard and high energy (lvl 20 or more) with fusion 20 is more then enough for brutal mine levels. Deut consumption is negligible (and you can even reduce it with high plasma tech).

    SmurfySmurf wrote:

    Weapons Technology. A key military tech for a miner and for your defense. You will find more about defense set-up later in the guide.
    Shielding Technology. The most expensive and generally the most useless tech in the military tree, unless you have a RIP fleet.
    Armour Technology. The best military tech for fleeters, but not that important for miners. Go for it if you have unused metal.
    Highly disagree. You said that defenses have low structural integrity, or hull. Every time you upgrade your Armour Technology, you add 10% of the base strength to the hull plating of your fleet and defance which means attacker need more fleet and IPMs to destroy your def.At least this tech is equal to weapons tech.

    Leader of MINERS (uni. Zibal)
  • I do not understand why anyone not on slot 15 would go for fusion. Reactors are way less cost-efficient than satellites.

    As for weapons tech: the purpose of defense is to inflict maximum damage in round 1. It is not a big deal for a fleeter to send 50k lf instead of 5k, and you cant reasonably counter fleets with defense and still keep spending most on mines. So the more you kill round 1, the better. Armour is therefore negligible. If the enemy attacks with destroyers, they will kill most defenses in 1 shot regardless of armour level, so its more about fodder and deut cost in that case.
    RIPs killed, universes played, board accounts created: too many to stay mentally healthy
    Currently not playing any universe
    Discord - DarkDestroyerX#9119
    Skype - andrew.interstellar
  • SmurfySmurf wrote:

    I do not understand why anyone not on slot 15 would go for fusion. Reactors are way less cost-efficient than satellites.
    How about the fact satellites can be destroyed meaning they cost you every time you are attacked in both lost production as well as the cost of new satellites.
    How about the fact plasma tech levels can recover the deut used by the reactor and can even turn a profit at higher levels.
    How about the fact it can be leveled high enough that the solar plant isn't even necessary anymore giving you more fields for mines.

    Remember, OGame is a long-term game and over the long term you are likely to spend less on the fusion reactor than you will on satellites.
    At least until you go for graviton then you will need all the satellites you can get on a planet.
    Game Operator for Uriel
    Please send any compliments for how awesome a job I am doing to my SGO: Valent :thumbsup:
    Game Rules
    Terms & Conditions
  • kewlness wrote:

    SmurfySmurf wrote:

    I do not understand why anyone not on slot 15 would go for fusion. Reactors are way less cost-efficient than satellites.
    How about the fact satellites can be destroyed meaning they cost you every time you are attacked in both lost production as well as the cost of new satellites.How about the fact plasma tech levels can recover the deut used by the reactor and can even turn a profit at higher levels.
    How about the fact it can be leveled high enough that the solar plant isn't even necessary anymore giving you more fields for mines.

    Remember, OGame is a long-term game and over the long term you are likely to spend less on the fusion reactor than you will on satellites.
    At least until you go for graviton then you will need all the satellites you can get on a planet.

    (I'll preface this by saying that I use Fusions in my slot 15s, as I can't be bothered to try to defend 10-20k sats...)

    The question isn't whether sats can be destroyed (they can) or whether the deut costs of fusions is particularly high (it isn't), it's about how often sats are destroyed versus how much it would cost to run Fusion in the mean time. Not only is the upfront cost of energy and fusions significant, sats are so cheap that you need to be crashed on planet about once a month for the cost of replacing the sats to be more than the deut consumed by fusions!

    In Vega (7x eco, 70% df), some of the top miners used ~2k sats to power their mines before the slot 15 change. There's little additional risk to your planet from the 2k sats (as overnight was easily double that value, and people kept 800-1k cargos per planet), and with enough def you generally won't get attacked for 20-30m worth of stuff.

    As you say, little things add up in Ogame, as it is a long term game. Yet in the long term, the ~100k deut a day a fusion 20 consumes adds up as well! So with (some rather large) exceptions like slot 15s and defense to DF universes where you can't defend your sats, sats are still generally a better choice for miners than fusions.
  • I tried fusion once and since then never build a single satelite. If i am a pure miner in x7 eco uni, 0.5 deut and 70% DF i really don't see why would i prefer satelites over fusion. I can't run out of deut. 100k deut lose per day, so what? With fusion you don't need to worry about anything, just regulary FS res from all planets.

    SmurfySmurf wrote:

    I do not understand why anyone not on slot 15 would go for fusion. Reactors are way less cost-efficient than satellites.

    As for weapons tech: the purpose of defense is to inflict maximum damage in round 1. It is not a big deal for a fleeter to send 50k lf instead of 5k, and you cant reasonably counter fleets with defense and still keep spending most on mines. So the more you kill round 1, the better. Armour is therefore negligible. If the enemy attacks with destroyers, they will kill most defenses in 1 shot regardless of armour level, so its more about fodder and deut cost in that case.
    Then you pretty much don't understand anything...
    About weapon tech yes, i can see logic there...

    Leader of MINERS (uni. Zibal)
  • Fusion reactor has much higher initial cost, satellites are cheap. You spend more on fusion that on satellites on "normal" slots, so why go more expensive? Sats can be killed, ye, but they are waaaay cheaper.

    In slot 15 you would obviously want fusion.
    RIPs killed, universes played, board accounts created: too many to stay mentally healthy
    Currently not playing any universe
    Discord - DarkDestroyerX#9119
    Skype - andrew.interstellar
  • I just recently improved Terra on all planets Built fusion 22s on all planets moved all planets to slot 14 and 15 scraped all sats save 1-2k now Im tearing down Plants as I need to could not be happier in Uni 1...
    Shout out to Uno one and GKP Thanks Guys...

    Energy 19 will research 20 soon...

    BTMI
  • 100k deut per day for fusions is nothing. So is the cost of sats (2k sats is 4kk crystal 1kk deut... or basically nothing with 7x eco). Note that unless you're getting crashed somewhere around once a month, it's cheaper to build sats than to run fusion.

    However, even with 7x eco, the cost of Fusion reactors is very high. So unless you're doing slot 15s, it's better to invest in some def and sats instead of the Fusions.

    SmurfySmurf wrote:

    Fusion reactor has much higher initial cost, satellites are cheap. You spend more on fusion that on satellites on "normal" slots, so why go more expensive? Sats can be killed, ye, but they are waaaay cheaper.

    In slot 15 you would obviously want fusion.
    I think what you're missing is that most people aren't optimizing for 100k/day edges in Ogame. Indeed, I think they shouldn't - they should be focusing on basic things like FS'ing properly or farming inacs.

    Lord Reaper wrote:

    I tried fusion once and since then never build a single satelite. If i am a pure miner in x7 eco uni, 0.5 deut and 70% DF i really don't see why would i prefer satelites over fusion. I can't run out of deut. 100k deut lose per day, so what? With fusion you don't need to worry about anything, just regulary FS res from all planets.

    Sure, pure miners will never run out of deut, but an extra 100k deut/day from all your planets adds up over time.
  • kewlness wrote:

    If you are running fusion, you need to be getting your plasma tech as high as possible as well.
    It can pay for all the deut you use powering your fusion and can even make you a deut profit.
    Fusion without engergy tech and plasma tech are not worth having.

    Exactly. Energy research is expensive, plasma at least gives a production bonus.
    RIPs killed, universes played, board accounts created: too many to stay mentally healthy
    Currently not playing any universe
    Discord - DarkDestroyerX#9119
    Skype - andrew.interstellar
  • Expensive right now but not over the long term.
    OGame doesn't have a an end game.
    And as universes continue to merge, so too will the threat to your satellites remain.
    Fusion provides safety and that might be enough to offset the costs needed right now.

    There are others who build fusion so they can use it if their sats get destroyed.
    In this scenario, you don't care how much deut it costs you as the focus is keeping your production going.
    It is a temporary thing as you go and build your cheap satellites again (until they get hit... again).

    I mean, you can ignore fusion, but you do so at your own risk.
    Game Operator for Uriel
    Please send any compliments for how awesome a job I am doing to my SGO: Valent :thumbsup:
    Game Rules
    Terms & Conditions
  • As a fleeter, crashing 2k satellites once a month in a 50% df Is amazing, and 50% didf means a delicious profit in crystal.

    Leave 2 mil metal 1 mil crystal and 250k deut on a planet with 2k ss and that is profitable.

    Leave same amount but have no ss the attack just lost 2 mil crystal instantly. Crystal builds me some more bcs, I would pass if the deut cost was so high to make that hit. Having no sats on your planet means more protection and the ability to stockpile more resources.
  • Yep, the story is very different in defense to DF universes. No way you can defend your sats when your defense is profit. :)

    Also, what uni are you in, such that you're flying at planets for 5m profit?

    Note that Vega is a very old uni with 7x eco and without defense to DF, so people aren't flying because of the 2k sats when your overnight is 10m+, and many players leave 800-1k cargos on planet ... And 2k sats is enough for some of the biggest mines there, most people have quite a bit fewer.


    kewlness wrote:

    Expensive right now but not over the long term.
    OGame doesn't have a an end game.
    And as universes continue to merge, so too will the threat to your satellites remain.
    Fusion provides safety and that might be enough to offset the costs needed right now.

    There are others who build fusion so they can use it if their sats get destroyed.
    In this scenario, you don't care how much deut it costs you as the focus is keeping your production going.
    It is a temporary thing as you go and build your cheap satellites again (until they get hit... again).

    I mean, you can ignore fusion, but you do so at your own risk.
    It depends, ultimately, on how often your satellites get crashed (in the long run). If they're getting crashed more than once a month (for example, if you're in a war, or you're in system to hungry fleeter), eventually Fusion will pay itself off off. Otherwise, Fusion will *never* pay itself off.

    Funnily enough I have some comments on other parts of the guide, that I will eventually write... :whistling:

    The post was edited 2 times, last by AstralCodex ().

  • I'm in Galatea. my example however cane from Electra back in the day.

    My fleet is not lucky enough to find 5m profit in Galatea yet. :headbanging: :headbanging: :headbanging:

    I do agree that in bigger uni's the 2k sats become less and less profitable and with didf even more so, but some people do just like to sat slap people.