Event Universe Discussion Thread

• if u think that its worhty to spend 1k euros on dm just to get 1st place and won iphone or what ever than u can press GG button

• first i thought it would be a great event, but once i saw the end of thread just realized its another way to milk some more money pffff, whats the point of playing when there is no way you can match those dm abusers in 17 days :thumbdown:

carp.png

• try to be optimistic folks a good player can keep up with dm users thru skill and raiding like mad.

. if i understood the participation area correctly. only a set few users will be able to play correct me if im wrong. just so all the players are well informed and .

the reason i say that this is a bit fuzzy :

Participation Eligibility
    (1) Eligible for participation is every person of full age who resides within the European Union (hereafter ‘participation region’), who is permitted to register an OGame account according to the General Terms and Conditions (hereafter a 'user').

• first i thought it would be a great event, but once i saw the end of thread just realized its another way to milk some more money pffff, whats the point of playing when there is no way you can match those dm abusers in 17 days :thumbdown:

True, a decent (non-braindamaged) player with some serious amounts of DM will be at all times higher ranked than and 2-3 times better non-dm user - no arguing in that. But still - its a new universe and a special one so - there will be a lot of people (something that I still miss from like 10 years ago). 2nd - it will be a uni with a short lifespan - you cant get bored. 3rd - BY ODIN's BEARD - 8 * economy? That's crazy! I wanna see that so bad because 8 * economy - a lot of mining vs 5 * fleet speed + 70% DF = a lot of fleeting :D
    So when you put it all together - it will be a fun uni and if it so happens that you win something - even better :)
    I just hope its an ACS uni. Weird that they didn't mention that...

p.s I hope there is an option to switch 1st place prize for the 2nd one :D

• what a complete joke, if you dont buy loads of dm to abuse you stand no chance in this so called event at all

why not just cal it what it is and that's a buying competition between players who lack skill

why dont you guys just for once offer an event to the players that is simply fair ?

and don't come at me with a good player can keep up etc because you are talking crap - it would take months for a non dm user tol catch a top player using dm from the start

so yeah ogame joke event ? i am out as i can buy a iphone 6 much cheaper than what it would cost to get a prize in that server

• Are you serious?
    Your concern would be completely valid, if it was x1 economy, but it is goddamn x8.

x8 economy means some whopping 10 M of DM will get the DM guy a 24 hour lead or something, and that's it. It is even partially compensated by the DM guy having much more green targets than non-DM guys will.

If you can't catch up to a 24 hour deficit over the course of 2 weeks, you're not flying enough.

Now if it was x1, it'd be a massive lead that's impossible to overcome in the given time period. Good thing it isn't.

These event uni's are much more about dirty pushings and acc sharings and what else, though; so not too fun either way.

• yeah an 8 X eco with people instant building everything ? yeah thats never going to put people who spend even more ahead lol

haha just dont be an idiot and post something useful

if you want to argue about it fine but atleast have something of actually use to say -

no matter how fast your eco is you still have to wait certain time for something to build - those that dont will wave goodbye

• I think i go for this.
    Becouse you can get some price, if you just get top-100 :)

• Well, I'll agree that instant build is a bit of an issue here. Bigger than DM'd resources, at least.

Whatever, build decent nanites, nothing insurmountable.
    Research is a problem...skip BC's 'cause of their laser tech, they wouldn't pay off that well in 2 week time anyway compared to BS, and rest is manageable.

Nothing of that compares to someone flying 24/7 because there's 3 people on that acc, you know.
    I'm yet to see an event like that where #1 wouldn't be banned for acc sharing or pushing, so yeah. Actually, make it 'bigger part of top 10'.

Edited once, last by Crvt ().

• problem is its too short of an event to give those people who dont use dm any chance of even being top 100 - and i think that is something the staff should be honest about with players, enough people on .org are happy to buy lots of dm etc and this is an event purely aimed at those players ......

i play uni's using no dm or very limited dm like what you can get free etc and know exactly how long it takes before you can start gaining on those players spending alot

the fact that this is 8 x eco means those players who instant build everything will have such a huge huge huge income compared to others it just wont be funny

this is a great event for those players who are happy to buy lots of dm and there is nothing wrong with that - good luck to them all, alot of these guys spend hundreds of euros a month on the game so they deserve to get something back for it i guess

i wont be joining this uni if you hadn't guessed already, i have better things to do than be fish food for a comp like this

someone please send me a message if there is ever a comp of skill - just skill

• Well, I just meant that I know personally people who hit top1-5 in these events with very little DM. Some of them, with 0 DM.

Of course, given equal skill, and both players abiding by the rules, DM would win out; that's not an argument.

But yeah, something with longer duration - even 3 weeks - but a bit lower fleet speed, since not everyone can no life x5 for weeks - would be great.

But that would miss(arguably, though) a point of this uni, which is: make people buy DM.
    So probably won't be seeing that :squint:

• very little dm ? in such a short event i highly doubt that, i would say its much more likely they was very embarassed on how much they actually spent

• Blizzard dont make me have to warn you or another section mod. those bans will become perma bans .

and stay on topic fellas and ladies.

Wow what a bully you are, you had no good reason to give him a warning !!!!!

and as for staying on topic people are - this event is purely about GF making money, anyone talking along those lines about the event are clearly on topic

and you can give me as many warnings or bans as you like, because i wont be bullied or told what i can and cannot say so long as i know i am within the terms and conditions

if you can't mod properly step down

• Here is a good idea for a special uni

A good 1-3 time speed of eco and fleets normal galaxy acs, and as special feature no dm

Some people might join again qickly i know tall of them

try to be optimistic folks a good player can keep up with dm users thru skill and raiding like mad.

Blackmass players have a life othen then 24/24 farming... and its summer only dm users can obviosly win here and pretty sure it will be so no point to join for 17 days...

• Blizzard dont make me have to warn you or another section mod. those bans will become perma bans .

and stay on topic fellas and ladies.

Blackmass, I actually like you unlike some of the other "mods" here. Don't change that.

I did nothing except express my opinion about this event server. Liek I told you, I get warned for every post I make. Tbh, I find it hilarious and see the funny side of it. Shame some don't. :huh:

Blackmass, go give a threat to that NecroFlex below me for what he said. Go on, do it. In front of all these 12 people on the forums now-a-days :rofl::rofl::rofl:

As someone just said to me, Blackmass, I think this is getting personal mate. :zpopcorn:

Edited 2 times, last by Blizzard ().

• Oh damn, Gameforge out of money already :golly:
    Well makes sense since not a lot of players want to play ogame anymore. Tho will be fun watching the walletwarriors go at it wile GF is counting the money and going to strip clubs :whistling: