Biggest turtle in .ORG?

• That is one hell of a turtle :O

Btw, why 0 Ions? They are that bad? o.O

Probably because the main threats to him are RIPs and overwhelming full fleet attacks, and Plasmas/Heavy Lasers are a better way to spend crystal than Ions to deal with either threat.

• That is one hell of a turtle :O

Btw, why 0 Ions? They are that bad? o.O

They are not bad per se...

But we have to put into account that when someone attacks a turtle, the attacker is always overwhelming, much stronger than the defender.

Ions would be good if the attacker would send around the same amount of points in fleet as the defence I or any turtler would have. Because they do force draws since they can "negate" attacks from even Cruisers and are even better against fodder. But this scenario will never happen unless the fleeter wants to suicide himself.

However, when the attacker sends 10x as much fleet as you have defence, you want to do as much damage to his fleet as you can in Round 1 so that he can have as many losses as possible. Heavy Lasers do a much better job than the Ion Cannon in that regard and are far cheaper as well.

• :w00t: I dont see profits ......... i see honour points to get me out of bandit:tongue3:.

Great turtle ,some may say why build something like that but i work it out that if it s what you want and keeps you happy ,go for it .

• :w00t: I dont see profits ......... i see honour points to get me out of bandit:tongue3:.

Great turtle ,some may say why build something like that but i work it out that if it s what you want and keeps you happy ,go for it .

Yeah, there's also the option of honor points, as pity as it looks, it's worth at least something. :P

I build it just for the sake of building it...

Fitifu may say it's a waste because he would rather I build fleet or RIPs to eventually get mooned and crashed and give any of you from RIO profit. Or be like gonzo, forever in vmode. Or be a miner and get cargo slapped when saving enough resources for researches or mines.

Sorry to say this but I don't have the time for that, and I want to come and go to the game as I please so vmode won't work for me either. And I don't want to be fodder for anyone either. If I were in a competitive server, that would be a different story, I would still build a large turtle but I would definitely build RIPs as well, as it stands, if I start to build RIPs, I'll be giving the big fish a nice easy profit.

I'll just settle for the objective of building the largest bunker in ogame... Which as I've discovered recently, it's a long way...

• Has to be the biggest,just in awe at the work thats been put into it !.

As far as Defence points go, he's the 3rd in the World. However, the number 1, jancer, has his defence spread out between his planets and the number 2, also from the same Universe, is yet to PM me :).

But yeah, 660k Plasmas is sick...

PS: To be frank, not much work is needed, you just have to build, build and build. Something like you with nearly 60k RIPs, or WM with 1.4 billion in fleet is far more impressive since you actually do have to put in the work in hits and fleetsave. BTW, the number 1 fleeter in Quantum PL with 1.2 billion in fleet(2nd worldwide behind WM) has 3 million Destroyers and 5 million Battleships.

• Rocket Launcher380.560 ←Light Laser2,016,820 ←Heavy Laser5650 ←Gauss Cannon9890 ←Ion Cannon0Plasma Turret2450 ←Small Shield Dome0 ←Large Shield Dome0 ←

This is whats left of the 41,867,766 light lasers with just me as the attacker so second attack would get me through .......yours Grimm on the other hand , takes me 3-4 hits to get through because of the amount of plasma turrets.So although its an impressive turtle and the light laser numbers are enormous it wouldnt do the job on Quantum .

• Rocket Launcher380.560 ←Light Laser2,016,820 ←Heavy Laser5650 ←Gauss Cannon9890 ←Ion Cannon0Plasma Turret2450 ←Small Shield Dome0 ←Large Shield Dome0 ←

This is whats left of the 41,867,766 light lasers with just me as the attacker so second attack would get me through .......yours Grimm on the other hand , takes me 3-4 hits to get through because of the amount of plasma turrets.So although its an impressive turtle and the light laser numbers are enormous it wouldnt do the job on Quantum .

The problem is that, if he does have a few thousand RIPs behind those Light Lasers... Add just 1k or 2k RIPs... And see your losses. But then ACS would do the job, so yeah, you're right anyway, it wouldn't do the job in Quantum. If he leaves it without RIPs, you can own it, if he adds RIPs, he will become profitable.

EDIT: You probably don't own that turtle with nearly 42 mill LLs on your first attack because of the cockblock those extra 50k Plasmas do to your RIPs.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Grimm ().