So everyone knows this game is on a downward trend...Its dying. Anybody who wants to argue with me on that point can attempt to put together a proper argument. Unfortunately, with Game Forge refusing to conduct a merge due to whatever reasoning they have had, its not looking good. The only thing GF keeps doing is saturating an already dwindling player base with more and more new universes. I'm glad they are enjoying making money off of the few players who drop hundreds of dollars on this game, but the rest of us are left in the dust. Each universe has about 100 active players who are worth mentioning, at best. And now we have a dwindling STAFF who 1) can't do their job properly, 2) won't do their job properly, or 3) don't have enough time nor patience (I don't blame em) to do their job properly. Whats a good incentive for getting more, quality staff? Pay them a bit more than they are now. Last time I worked as a moderator here, we got what...2 coupons ever 3 months? How about 3 coupons monthly. That would get a proper staff. I would absolutely come back as a staff member and do what I could to help if the compensation was similar to what I mentioned. I apologize if this turned into a rant, but I needed to get this off my chest.
1) Understaffed moderator/game operator pool due to no one's fault but Game Forge's.
2) Heavily saturated amount of universes due to the continuation of new servers.
3) Dwindling player base due to the above-stated points and Game Forge's money-hungry attitude.
4) The absolute joke of a "newsletter" and "Q&A".
5) Supreme lack of new implementations in the game (no new ships, etc...this was occasional but interesting in the game).
1) Event servers. These are fun and is a way to bring players from other universes together WITHOUT taking them from said other universes permanently.
2) Some of the in-game events (not the ones that encourage you to buy things).
3) GF's newsletters and Q&A (yes, it has a positive. It means GF sees a little more than dollar signs in this game).
4) Some of the proper, old-school staff are still around and doing good work.
Anyone remember Cassandra? I have a foggy memory but after she left this game just plummeted. I gotta give props to some of the old-school staff still here and doing good work. The only request I have from you is please be part of the positive change. Keep getting on the GF representatives about merges. Talk to them about limiting the extra universes being made. Bring up a potential increase in "payment" for staff to bring in new people. If you guys are already doing some or all of those things, then thank you for trying to help. I gotta tell you, as much as its nice to make resources 6x as fast and fly 6x faster, I sure do miss non-ACS 1x speed days. It was less hectic and more tactical. This game was actually fun back then.