The Players Choice

• Skill is completely subjective. Any half decent player can pull off all the slightly nuanced tricks. A few fewer know the game mechanics really well. Anyone with time can be online 20 hours a day and crash all the noobs sitting their fleets.

I’m not even sure what I would class as skill in this game.

Space Pyrate

• Skill is completely subjective. Any half decent player can pull off all the slightly nuanced tricks. A few fewer know the game mechanics really well. Anyone with time can be online 20 hours a day and crash all the noobs sitting their fleets.

I’m not even sure what I would class as skill in this game.

plus, with the introduction of instabuilding... send a colo, make a moon, insta JG - send MD and get the timing of a deploy fs. It’s just a matter of hours. No much skill required

• The retro uni died because there was a bug that GF didn't want to deal with so they closed it, not because it wasn't being used afaik

• Probably because it wasn't worth fixing. Had it been a great roaring success, full of activity, they would have fixed it.

MOST HATED RANK #1

TOP 1 (solo) x 2

TOP 1 (ACS) x 1
    TOP 10 (solo) x 3

TOP 10 (ACS) x 11
    Super Adv lost count

• Probably because it wasn't worth fixing. Had it been a great roaring success, full of activity, they would have fixed it.

Well there was no DM either, so even if a million people were playing GF wouldn't have had an incentive to fix it. I agree it wasn't worth their time to fix, I disagree on the root cause.

• I say a yearly fee of 25.00 to 35.00 usd every year.Commander and fleet admiral only,you can still have geologist at a lower cost for found DM same with technocrat and engineer.
    No buying resources, allow half completing of buildings only with found DM in quartly increments.< so it depends on how much you found and have on hand.
    daily item x 2 per day no merchant.

To expand on what I ment in the last part of this is simple as above states 2x daily items per day no merchant<this means no buying resources. and all merchant exchange rates. be changed to
    metal1.75
    crystal0.55
    deut.0.33 < these rates will or should be hard set. at the merchant.
    To balance this with found DM. planet relocations can be cut to 90k DM. or at least 115k DM.

instead of the average
    2 metal
    1.7 crystal
    0.9 deut.
    this will help cut down on scrap push. and deut. bought for higher gains through current standard trade rates on average of 2/1/1 or 2.125/ 1.2/1

and yes 25:00 usd or 35:00 usd per year is not bad or twice a year even.

• Scrap push is already illegal, so no need to change things in that respect.

2:1:1 trade rates benefit all. Miners merch their own deut just the same as any other player.

This is a game of multiple strategies. Part of the fun is using your brain to gain the best advantage.

Restricting this, capping that ...

Ok, people argue about leveling the play field. That might work well in the sporting world, but this game isn't a sport.

how can you have a level playing field in a game where everybody comes in at different times, with different sized accounts, and different lengths of time they can play per week?

The strategies you people object to are available to all.

You can use them, or not use them. Your choice.

If you don't want to use the merchant - nobody is forcing you.

If you don't want to buy DM - don't buy it. Simple.

MOST HATED RANK #1

TOP 1 (solo) x 2

TOP 1 (ACS) x 1
    TOP 10 (solo) x 3

TOP 10 (ACS) x 11
    Super Adv lost count

Edited 2 times, last by baal ().

• just a quick word about that feature where you can actually buy resources straight out. fill up your storage bins.

i can't imagine there is anyone in the old universes who would actually do that.

it costs an arm and a leg to get 10 M deut, which you could probably get for free just by raiding inactives all day.

even on the special offer days, the max you can buy is 100 M, which is nothing in universe 1.

so i don't think anyone needs worry about that particular feature. to me, it's about as useful as the alliance depot.

MOST HATED RANK #1

TOP 1 (solo) x 2

TOP 1 (ACS) x 1
    TOP 10 (solo) x 3

TOP 10 (ACS) x 11
    Super Adv lost count

• How much would it cost to buy Ogame from GameForge ?

if it was possible to crowdfund the money and do that, someone should go for it, before Ogame gets completely wrecked ;0)