The Players Choice

• <3<3<3 First off thanks to all my friends blah blah blah much love.
    Ill start next by stating that Most of us that pay attention are aware its the same few folks that abuse the DM. Yay You can pay money to win a game :youcrazy: . Most of us that Love this game and have played for years, Hate DM and its whores. But we understand you Gameforge. We appreciate you putting this wonderful game on for us. We know you have a bottom line and of course profits. Where would we be without them, eh?

I wont get into how bad or annoying DM abuse and DM ninjas are. Blah Blah blah. So I venture forth with a suggestion. Lets put a prepaid uni out there. I know there is strong support for this. I am not saying do away with your normal game plan. Open Uni sell tons of DM. But for the rest of us, give us a uni once a year with no DM whatsoever.

We would pay entry into this fair uni. I myself refuse to purchase your DM. But ill drop $100 usd right now, today. On a fair Uni with 0 DM.
    Whether its a one time entry fee or monthly. Monthly would make more sense for that Gameforge black line.

Lets start a discussion on this. The people want it. The people need it. Do it for Morale.
    To start ill make a few suggestions.
    Normal officers of course should be in play for all that play.
    The uni should be announced an entire Month before it is released. Not this 5 day stuff. Which is ok. But not for this.
    If you want folks to pay ahead, Some heads up will go a long way.
    In that month the community can vote on Uni stats.

Just some suggestions Folks. Ill let you take it from here. :xeno::rocketlauncher:

Nothing Ventured, Nothing gained. :cowboy: If She don't have Red Hair, Freckles and Pale skin... I don't want it

:missilelauncher: Its only deut :chainsaw::huntsman:

• 100% support as we discussed earlier DM for Officers and Resource Market!!! Maybe Entrance fee and then a yearly one monthly its too much i think since you need to renew officers every 3! I would say x4 eco x2 fleet 30% df 0.5 deut :P:P Go guys support @yurgajurga !! :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Pay your taxes....

• We aren't anywhere near discussing uni stats. That's a voting issue. Right now its What to. And How to.

Nothing Ventured, Nothing gained. :cowboy: If She don't have Red Hair, Freckles and Pale skin... I don't want it

• While I personally strongly support this idea, and always have, GF is less likely to do so. I am not sure whether you are aware, but that idea has already been tried, and failed, with PrOgame being a subscription based universe when it launched back in 06-07 (can't remember which). Although the internet and the gaming industry as a whole has changed fundamentally since then, I fear the failure of this previous attempt is enough to deter GF from trying it again with OGame.

• We aren't suggesting a full subscription. just one extra uni a year.

• i dont really like new unis, i only join for maybe skype fun

not a bad idea though
    i myself almost never buy dm, last time it was with sms cause i needed to merch ress since nobody wants to sell doot

maybe on anniversary event(or earlier lol) gf should open dm free uni with poll voting, that would be the best thing for us average dudes

i would join no matter the specs

• Would not a one time special uni with ONLY officers be a good idea.
    I know for a fact GF owes us players a solid after all the dicking us around for god knows how long but alas, every one of us knows GF only believes in pissing on the veteran player.

As for a subscription uni, I would not pay on a monthly bases for the likes of WoW or ESO so not a hope a text based game would get me on board with that model.
    If their was a very reasonably yearly fee maybe...just maybe I would consider it.

Found my old sig, credit go's to Delta ( not sure if he is even around still xD )

• Yeah I remember the uni you paid for and the fees but I would totally support a uni with a one time entrance fee and add that the accounts from that uni cannot be traded whenever the account trading feature comes back.

• All has been said above i can just add that i also support the idea, we talk alot on discord these days, what would be good, but we are also paying attention that GF earns money of course. VOTE people, now is the right time for it i feel it :thumbup: 

With regards,Pols.

• I remember the times where people used to play this game for fun not to compensate for the small wieners
    I remember logging in to see some guy attacking another guy with 10k colony ships
    Where did that game go :(

Active in Xanthus
    Flava Sava

• Nice idea mate...
    I support you in your Glorious efforts. I wish i could buy GF and make it free for all...
    But i am poor as hell...

Lets say on Jan 1st GF opens Non-DM uni and on anniversary GF opens speed uni like they did in last year.
    :buckteeth::buckteeth::buckteeth:

Awesome to Be Alive :hi:

• Definitely a good idea, I can't see many people complaining about a skill* based Uni.

A fair few people have quit due to DM changing the game too much... $$$ shouldn't win games.

Hopefully enough people get behind this to make it happen, GL!

*The ability to do something well; expertise.
    "difficult work, taking great skill"

synonyms: expertise, skilfulness, expertness, adeptness, adroitness, deftness, dexterity, ability, prowess, mastery, competence, competency, capability, efficiency, aptitude, artistry, art, finesse, flair, virtuosity, experience, professionalism, talent, cleverness, smartness, ingenuity, versatility, knack, readiness, handiness;informal: know-how

I think i've been here before... ?(

Time is not on our side :this:

• Hi. While we had a similar universe already several years ago (progame) and it was not very successful (nearly "extinct" after some months), it is an idea we could talk about again.

However, some opinions on the way to monetize it and its "premium setup" would be interesting, for example:

• Monetization:

• monthly or yearly fee

• one time payment

• Premium setup

• all premium feature removed
      • only commanding stuff available and active for all players (or just commander, ...)
      • maybe merchant available but only with found DM from expeditions

What do you guys think?

Best,
    WeTeHa

- - - WTH was here - - -
    OGame - Portfolio Manager

ogame has no bugs...only unbalanced features^^
    yeah my girlfriend too :P
    loool

• once a year payment

keep commander

merchant for found DM (otherwise what would be the benefits in finding any)

all sounds good to me.

MOST HATED RANK #1

TOP 1 (solo) x 2

TOP 1 (ACS) x 1
    TOP 10 (solo) x 3

TOP 10 (ACS) x 11
    Super Adv lost count

• I like the one time payment option honestly and I believe others would be quick to join and enjoy the experience. For the more original set up all premiums should be removed and only have the user to user trading that is still used today. Would it be even possible to add a feature where you can change the ogame skin to how it used to be in the beginning? I wouldn't be against fleet types staying the same or eliminating one or two to make it more interesting.

• Please offer something for Researches, like a Research nani, before.

It's gonna be a pain in the ass to wait 2.5 years for astro (without vmodding).

+ consider how to keep such an uni alive and how you would merge it.

Edited once, last by scorer ().

• Great idea.

Even if there are several questions yet to answer.

How much are we supposed to pay?
    What settings will be used?
    Like scorer mentioned should not all dm features be removed, since researching astrophysics in the lategame can be a pain in the ass.
    Will the universe be an international universe or will each community get own for their own?

best regards