Rank and Target disparity

• My rank just got to around 435. Now I am being probed by players ranked in the double digits. I appreciate the attention. But there is NO WAY I can compete with players ranked nearly 400 places higher.

Are players ranked above 200 so desperate to "make sure they win" that they have to look for targets that they OUTCLASS by 100s to 1?

No wonder servers die so fast. I understand getting fed up and quitting, if those are the people ALWAYS attacking me. I'd have no chance....

Oh well, it is a game... enjoy.

Helix

• I think you miss the point. He literally just turned white to these guys cus he hit the 500K threshold and they are already looking to him for a profit. A guy with less total points than they pump out every hour.

• Is this in response to my playful probing? Was it a little forceful for you? I hear it gets easier after your first time.

Thanks for saying i outclass you 100:1 though. Your flattery will get you a few minutes of cuddling next time i give you a deep hard probing.

• Is this in response to my playful probing? Was it a little forceful for you? I hear it gets easier after your first time.

Thanks for saying i outclass you 100:1 though. Your flattery will get you a few minutes of cuddling next time i give you a deep hard probing.

I'm sorry to spoil your moment Blackberry but I think the 100:1 might have been a reference to me 8)

Draconian Helix, you wrote something like this to me in pm after i probed you today and i can understand your frustration but you moved up to the big leagues now, so its time to buckle up.
    Just keep playing the game like you did before and as long as you keep your planets unprofitable then nothing is going to change for you other than more msg's from ppl's spy reports :D

• I'm sorry to spoil your moment Blackberry but I think the 100:1 might have been a reference to me 8)

Well that just burst my bubble! Thanks Papa Parsec :P Probably more realistic though haha. EDIT - Actually no!! By what he wrote he's clearly talking about a player in double digits and almost 400 ranks higher (his rank 435, my rank 80, your rank 1) so i still think its me hes talking about. My member is quivering once again. Rejoice!!! :stick:

I think you miss the point. He literally just turned white to these guys cus he hit the 500K threshold and they are already looking to him for a profit. A guy with less total points than they pump out every hour.

I dont think we fleeters are actively targeting him as yet, lets be honest hes still a small fish, especially for Parsec. But when we are doing our usual galaxy wide probing runs and find 500 crus sitting on a moon i know im not going to say no to a super easy 10m prof on a no loss, no risk milk run.

As Parsec says, if he doesnt get lazy he'll do fine but whinging about aggressive players is just annoying honestly. Man up.

• Sorry BlackBEERD, the numbers were just pulled from the air. I did not really pay any attention to YOUR probing.... :-).

The thread was made more in response to Parsec.

Parsec and I also typed in game and I DO understand. Where before it was a bit confusing. I do galaxy/system wide searches too. I forgot that just because you scan, it doesn't mean you are going to attack.

This IS a game and as such it should be enjoyable to all of its players....

If I really have a point, it would be: don't just farm the "fresh meat", educate them. Help them become better players. And give them a chance to get better. Don't treat them like a free source of materials (that's what inactives are for) hit them once and move on. No one wants to think all they are is a farm...

It does feel better to "know" you beat someone, than it does when your opponent just lays there...

Enjoy YOUR game, however you choose to play.

• Sorry BlackBEERD, the numbers were just pulled from the air. I did not really pay any attention to YOUR probing.... :-).

The thread was made more in response to Parsec.

...And with that im flaccid again. Cheers for that bro. Though you did probe me back so you did notice me, so dont act like im not special to you either :love:

If I really have a point, it would be: don't just farm the "fresh meat", educate them. Help them become better players. And give them a chance to get better. Don't treat them like a free source of materials (that's what inactives are for) hit them once and move on. No one wants to think all they are is a farm...

You certainly arent the first with that mindset but my stance on that is that there are 1000s of threads on these here forums full of guides and advice and countless other websites with information on every single aspect of this game. All it takes is doing some hard work to read it for yourself, internalise that information and play in an informed way. Papa Parsec has put in those hard yards and he is entitled to use his skillset to get (further) ahead.

Noob protection has given you a start in the game, if you were here in the first days of the uni you wouldnt have been afforded the same luxury as everyone was within a few %. You're talking as if you cant learn from your mistakes, if you are being farmed then you are doing something wrong. If you leave fleet sitting you deserve to lose it. Accept that, learn and grow. Dont blame fleeters for 'killing the uni', if everyone was benign the universe would be batshiit boring.

• Ok, I admit. I did notice you fumbling around, but by then Parsec had already probed me. Now, I only have eyes for him.

It is kinda like gambling, I leave what I feel I can afford to lose on the planet. And with your last complex if, then sentence I can completely agree. BORING....

• Be careful only having eyes for Parsec, he's not the most romantic sort. He'll probably forget your birthday, refuse to go to your family stuff and will NOT help you put up Christmas decorations. These are, of course, all hypotheticals and in no way based on true stories.

Also, just a question; you edited this once, and still ended up with:

And with your last complex if, then sentence I can completely agree. BORING....

How?

• Be careful only having eyes for Parsec, he's not the most romantic sort. He'll probably forget your birthday, refuse to go to your family stuff and will NOT help you put up Christmas decorations. These are, of course, all hypotheticals and in no way based on true stories.

Also, just a question; you edited this once, and still ended up with:

How?

if everyone were benign, the universe would be boring.

• Well that just burst my bubble! Thanks Papa Parsec :P Probably more realistic though haha. EDIT - Actually no!! By what he wrote he's clearly talking about a player in double digits and almost 400 ranks higher (his rank 435, my rank 80, your rank 1) so i still think its me hes talking about. My member is quivering once again. Rejoice!!! :stick:

I dont think we fleeters are actively targeting him as yet, lets be honest hes still a small fish, especially for Parsec. But when we are doing our usual galaxy wide probing runs and find 500 crus sitting on a moon i know im not going to say no to a super easy 10m prof on a no loss, no risk milk run.
    As Parsec says, if he doesnt get lazy he'll do fine but whinging about aggressive players is just annoying honestly. Man up.

I meant to thank you for reminding me about the cruisers. I had forgotten where I stashed them. I did not check the moon, as it was brand new and barely has facilities for any ships.

• You're lucky - only getting scanned by people with double digits and that too from rank 435. I've got scanned by rank 3 since rank 600 or something (when I finally reached 500,000 points) till he finally got crashed (by a ninja too, not sure). Felt funny how the top 3 could easily crash me even when they wouldn't need to, but hey, a war game is a war game and they really give no quarter, do they?

Since rank 600 or something?
    The highest the 500.000 point cap has ever been in bella is around rank 440 - which is how it is now :P

Regarding higher ranks not giving a quarter (im guessing this means sh*t?), then i think it all depends on the circumstances.
    If i have a busy day and want to get a few quick raids out, so i can focus on other stuff then i might not look too closely on the "profit compared to destruction" ratio on my hits - or at what rank the player is.
    Meaning i would take hits on those days that i would normally skip 9 out of 10 times but no part of me really sees any wrong in this - since its fairly easy for a person with a smartphone or access to a pc 1-2 times everyday to keep their planets unprofitable.

When it comes down to it then there are 2 kinds of players. The ones who tries to learn from their mistakes and play the game as its meant to be played and then there are the lazy ppl who seems to only blame the attackers for hitting them when they clearly fooked up on the most basic part of the game - keeping your planets unprofitable from potential attackers.

Ofc there are exceptions to this but then start to consider your options. Make alliances with higher ranked player, talk with them, give them info, send a few small hits or some cheap their their way and see if that helps smooth things over etc etc etc.
    If that doesnt help then try a more human approach and explain your frustration with them and see what that leads too?
    You would be surprised how many ppl i have given time to rebuild or kept my fingers from just because they asked nicely.

Oh and before someone points out that im rank 1 here and cant relate to how things "really" work for new players in our uni, then i started in uriel when it was older than bellatrix is now and i made it to rank 6 before i got knocked out - i could never beat the #1 ally but i sure could give them one hell of a ride before they managed to hammer the last nail in my coffin.

g5JBGO0.png

The post was edited 2 times, last by Parsec ().

• make sure you fleet save, make sure not to leave large amounts of resources on planets... NO AMOUNT OF DEFENSE WILL PROTECT YOU! play with this is mind, and you will be fine. Most players will not just smack you for no profit. You are in the same boat as many who can not, and dont compete with the top players. Its the nature of games. Dont moan, play, or dont play.

EDIT: Just read Parsecs post, listen to him, he knows what he is talking about with regards to moving so you can compete with the top players ;)

• That's what alliances are for everyone in the top 100 also has to think about when/where to leave fleet laying around, because of ACS.

If your post was in a Non-ACS uni then maybe you would have more or a point. Although since attacker cant slow fleet hit calculations are easier (need someone else to chime in here, if my theory is accurate, I play mostly as miner)

• Okay, I know this is kind of irrelevant, but I just wanna make it clear that I was only sort of confused about your meaning, but mainly 100% confused by your grammar.

I forgot no one conjugates sentences anymore...and I did shorten the reply...

BlackBEERd's last sentence was a " complex IF > THEN " type of sentemce.. to which I agreed. Without saying " I agree with the conclusion you made in that the universe would be boring if all players were benign."

• Ahhhh! It's an if-then statement. This makes more sense. I'm sorry for the borderline grammar-nazi behaviour, and I agree that a war-game, in which all are peaceful, is a bit of an oxymoron.

Though, I will maintain, that that sentence was straight up nonsense, sorry.