• I am hoping to get a sample of opinions here, regarding the speed of our uni in the future.

The speed of this uni is fine for 1 time a day play, and maybe more on weekends... I just dont want to get deposited later into a 4x or 7x ECO to find that I might as well just start the old uni now to grow faster.

Eventually, a year or two from now we will merge with someone. My concern is our ECO will be boosted at that time... basically putting accounts that grew slowly into a place where accounts not only grow quickly, but have had lots of time to be growing quickly.

Solution, this universe skips a merge, stays the permanent 1x/1x and lets newer ones join it later (but they would have to chose an ECO slow) I figure an account that had a year on higher ECO could have a chance to "catch up" to an old 1x ECO... but a 1x ECO account has not much hope of catching mid-range high ECO accounts.

Do other people see other solutions?

• It would work to keep Dorado as the target universe like you said. Problem being that speed universes aren't going to want to join a 1x universe. So most likely we will be merged into a faster universe. Are there other 1x universes? I'm too lazy to check.

• well, we are screwed come merge time then. i love the slow pace of 1x. i like thinking in 45 minute chunks and being able to eat dinner with my kids and not fleet save.

to keep this server i think we all need to reach out to new players and offer advive and starting resources.

• Last merge GF wanted to merge Virgo, which is x1 fleet, into Vega which is 2x fleet. We petitioned against that and it was canceled.

However, Virgo has x7 eco.

"Ice is a cool guy"

• I am missing some context I had only been back into ogame for about 2 weeks when the merges started, it did not affect my new account (in Bellatrix).
    Was there only 1 target uni allowed? was there the idea for letting people pick between a couple target uni?

After my 7 year break from the game I came back and have started 3 accounts... We also need account trading back. I can play 1 or 2 for years, but adding this third I need to offload something.

• You will be able to trade accounts again soon:15.01.: Lobbyversion 1.4.0Update

As for merging this uni I'd vote against any merge that takes us to a uni with increased speed of any kind whether it's fleet or economy. I only came back because I like the slow pace of 1x speed. It’s why I don’t play my original account and it’s rotting away in perpetual v mode in uni 1 because it’s has a sped up economy now.

As for the merges themselves, if you already have an account in the target uni then they'd normally let you choose an alternative uni. If people didn't want to go to the primary target uni they'd go make a fake account there to force the system to allow them to choose the alternate uni. But I think they put some kind of safeguard in place in the later merges to alleviate that. And then, there is also a lot of old secondary "farm" accounts that follow their primary "farmer" accounts into these target unis for quasi legal pushing. Or a lot of cases where people had multiple accounts in different unis that were merging and all those accounts had to go into a target uni, so they "give" some away to "someone" who allows them to hit and recycle it and turn it into a farm for their main account once they're all merged.

Some of them are blatant about it, evening name these inactive account alliances “ally farm” or something. They’ll usually be under a lanx umbrella of the main alliance and certain members will be in charge of ACS defending these “inactive” farms against other alliances. A little bit of paid DM on the accounts and they never get deleted by the server.

• ...to keep this server i think we all need to reach out to new players and offer advive and starting resources.

I've seen many different variations of grassroots efforts take place to attract and help new players stay motivated to play. Forming special off limit alliances that allow players to mature beyond the standard new player protections, etc. But those usually falter and die off as not everyone honors it and the players that join it will abuse it and figure they can just let everything just sit since no one is "supposed" to attack them. Or mentorship programs where top players agree to help out x number of players by sending them a portion of their daily RES production each day and giving advice...and that would lose interest when top players would get peeved that the person they're helping goes inactive, not use the RES wisely, or they'd see the person they're helping on a CR and the RES looted.

It's all commendable, but futile. Unless players have the time and motivation to learn the mechanics of this game they won't be successful at it. Even the simple stuff like what a phalanx can and cannot see is lost on so many players...they get frustrated and rage quit. There have been ideas to give new players that join a progressive amount of RES that is commensurate to the age and average points of existing players but it can be debated that it's unfair to those that started from scratch or it can be abused by having almost instantaneous farms or push accounts. The tutorial was a nice addition, but even that doesn't really help new people to get a good understanding of how the things that matter most for their survival actually works.

Personally, I think they could choose a bit more wisely about how merges work. I wouldn't mind seeing people from speed unis being allowed to merge here provided there is a common sense approach to it based off the current populations point spread and fleet compositions. I bet a lot of people that are getting burnt out in speed unis would love to take their accounts to a slower paced uni so they could breathe again.

The other thing that would slow things down and keep it more competitive is to implement a progressive increase in the cost of ships and defense the more of them you buy. They do that for infrastructure and research but not ships or defense. I find it a little humorous that we can buy literally millions of spaceships but don't have to spend a single resource to maintain them, retrofit them, or modernize them. There isn't a real life military on this planet whose budget isn't heavily burdened with those expenses so I think having a progressive cost of them would help to mimic that.

As for growth and population decline...it is what it is. Gone are the days where you have populations with 6K to 8K players. Where all the top alliances had separate training alliances called "wings" for up and coming players that wanted to be in the main alliance. I always thought that was stupid. It was just a pride thing because they didn't want to see a lesser ranked person on the wrong side of HoF with their ally tag and they were worried about being labeled a "mass alliance". Or they'd break their alliance up into"north" and "south" groups and they'd just focus on specific galaxies within that uni.

GF is horrible at attracting new players...we live in a world of amazing and visually stimulating xbox, PS4, and PC games. And getting someone excited about playing what amounts to a living excel spreadsheet merged with something that's trying to be a strategy game is about impossible. Couple that with a complete lack of advertising by Game Forge for this game and it's a wonder anyone knows about it at all.

I love the Fallout and State of Decay games on xbox. I wasn't a fan of the new FO Vault 76 online game so decided to give oGame another go after being gone for almost 10 years. I still play State of Decay 2 a lot though.

• Dorado will be merged into Uni 1 or Virgo. Way faster eco uni's
    Its the reason I quit...

My Kallisto account (x7 eco and x1 fleet) was merged into Quantum (x7 eco and x4 fleet) FFS

No logic at all

Since 2008
    Uni 1, 20, 29, 30, 38, 40, 44>uni 1, Taurus>uni1, Kallisto, Quantum

Posted HoFs in Taurus since April 2016: 177 (merged 2018)
    Posted HoFs in merged uni 1 since November 2018: 23
    Posted HoFs in Zibal since Jan 2019: 57

• I will reply to this thread (topic) with more detail at some other point but I just wanted to say...

... it would be great of GameForge gave us some road-map... or... "destiny" for each universe down the line. Especially when it comes to mergers in the future.

I don't need to say why except I'll say the word "planning". That should be enough.

~ Top 10s: 14 (18) + Assist on Worldwide Number 1 + Worldwide Number 2 (suicide) ~ RiPs: 80.962 + ~

- The one & only Peppa -

• You quit Dorado because the eco is 1x or you quit the faster eco uni?

In 2-3 years a merge will come. Maybe sooner
    Dorado players will be forced to play in uni 1 or Virgo against others who are currently halfway to 1bn points
    Rank 100 players here will drop to rank 2000
    So investing time and any DM in Dorado now will be wasted eventually

Since 2008

• In 2-3 years a merge will come. Maybe sooner
    Dorado players will be forced to play in uni 1 or Virgo against others who are currently halfway to 1bn points

Rank 100 players here will drop to rank 2000

So investing time and any DM in Dorado now will be wasted eventually

I don't think so. But with GF you never know. If they do, then I'm done...until then, I'll enjoy the slow pace.

• @Cathedral

Rigel, Fidis and Deomos (all x1) were merged into Uni 1 with Taurus and Kallisto accounts. You'd be foolish to invest a lot of time and money here (if you buy DM)

Since 2008

• @Cathedral

Rigel, Fidis and Deomos (all x1) were merged into Uni 1 with Taurus and Kallisto accounts. You'd be foolish to invest a lot of time and money here (if you buy DM)

That's why I said that a universe's "destiny" needs to be made as clear as possible. :gamer:

Ultimately, the thing that will keep universes alive now, is the integration of newer universes into older ones. Therefore, I feel it is crucial that the newer universes have both time and the necessary specs to allow players to "catch up" with the more established universes. Otherwise... what's the point? :hmm:

When I talk about necessary specs I'm talking about the obvious, which is economy speed. This needs to be higher in newer universes than it is in established universes. Anything else isn't going to help. :search:

~ Top 10s: 14 (18) + Assist on Worldwide Number 1 + Worldwide Number 2 (suicide) ~ RiPs: 80.962 + ~

- The one & only Peppa -

• I would keep going in this uni if they gave a clear plan that I liked. If this would remain the 1x target uni. Otherwise I don't see the point of working slow to merge with fast... but I would be okay going from fast to slow.

Timing is everything if allowing fast to merge with slow. Otherwise it's just depressing to have accounts join who played less and passed you in points. But if the timing was right it could work wonderfully.

• My uni 12 went through all the moves (I think it went 20, then Rigel, then 1 where it’s rotting away in perpetual vmode).

Ultimately it’s GF decision but if they let us vote (and hopefully it’s just people actually playing in the uni that can vote) is vote we stay 1x for everything and let people in other unis within a certain spec move here if they desire. I know a few of the people in these sped up eco unis aren’t all that thrilled with it and they’re having buyers remorse.

• Clear plans, GF merge ideas, votes, etc. etc.
    The uni isn't even 6 months old

Merges don't happen for at least 2-4 years and when they come, GF won't care where you go

Since 2008